The Real timschochet

Grammy awards feature transgender performers, diversity

Some great performances going on right now. But more importantly this is why I keep saying that woke is going to win despite the efforts of people like Ron DeSantis to roll back the clock. You can’t roll it back because our children, yours and mine, believe in a new age of acceptance. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, The Real timschochet said:

I’m sure nothing gets the same ratings as 10 years ago. Too many options. 

ROFLMAO

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, The Real timschochet said:

Some great performances going on right now. But more importantly this is why I keep saying that woke is going to win despite the efforts of people like Ron DeSantis to roll back the clock. You can’t roll it back because our children, yours and mine, believe in a new age of acceptance. 

Let's try this again.  How are the ratings compared to 3 years ago?

• Thanks 2

3 minutes ago, Strike said:

Let's try this again.  How are the ratings compared to 3 years ago?

The people who it’s most designed to attract- the 18-30 crowd- mostly watch it on YouTube or TikTok. They don’t watch live TV. 

I know you want to make the argument that less people are watching it because they’re sick of the woke. That’s a flawed argument. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, The Real timschochet said:

The people who it’s most designed to attract- the 18-30 crowd- mostly watch it on YouTube or TikTok. They don’t watch live TV. 

I know you want to make the argument that less people are watching it because they’re sick of the woke. That’s a flawed argument. 

Links?  IOW, please support your assertion.

Yeah, there was no diversity at the Grammys 20 years ago.  

31 minutes ago, The Real timschochet said:

Acceptance of what?

17 minutes ago, Strike said:

Links?  IOW, please support your assertion.

Bump for @The Real timschochet

I wonder if he's googled yet and found out that TV ratings include streaming yet?  Lol

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

40 minutes ago, The Real timschochet said:

Aren't these the same kids that need to be told NOT to eat Tide pods as well as other stupid "challenges" they see on TikTok? 

I am really enjoying the honoring of those that have passed away this year.

What transgender performers? I am not the target audience so maybe I don't know about these transgender superstars that are going platinum.

2 minutes ago, The Real timschochet said:

The question isn't whether people are moving away from linear TV.  The question is whether the ratings still capture that data.  And they do.  As usual you're deflecting from the actual point.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Strike said:

The question isn't whether people are moving away from linear TV.  The question is whether the ratings still capture that data.  And they do.  As usual you're deflecting from the actual point.

I have no idea what the actual point is. 

• Thanks 1

Just now, The Real timschochet said:

I have no idea what the actual point is. 

What's new?

33 minutes ago, The Real timschochet said:

So people are watching it. They just aren't WATCHING it. But they are watching it. Even though you can't prove they are watching it. And nothing indicates they are watching it. But watching it they are.

I think just you are watching it.

I'm getting ready for Last of Us.

Just now, Strike said:

What's new?

I know the point I’m making. Just not the one you’re making. If you think less people are watching this because of the woke elements, show your evidence. That’s on you not me. 

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, The Real timschochet said:

I know the point I’m making. Just not the one you’re making. If you think less people are watching this because of the woke elements, show your evidence. That’s on you not me. 

This is your thread. Why don't you do the proving portion of it? All you are doing is making blind assertions. 

8 minutes ago, craftsman said:

This is your thread. Why don't you do the proving portion of it? All you are doing is making blind assertions. 

The fact that “Unholy” is being performed as I write this is proof of my assertions. A transgender artist is performing a #1 song on national television. And it’s great. 

Why does the music enjoy toying with Satan worship? It’s really creepy. 

4 minutes ago, Brad GLuckman said:

Kids shouldn't be watching this trash.

And I’m sure you would like to forbid them from watching it. That’s the DeSantis philosophy right? But it won’t work. 

2 minutes ago, The Real timschochet said:

The fact that “Unholy” is being performed as I write this is proof of my assertions. A transgender artist is performing a #1 song on national television. And it’s great. 

Because the Grammys put on a mentally ill artist means that my kids are woke?  OK then.

6 minutes ago, The Real timschochet said:

It's "great" to you. Fine. Have fun. A lot of people don't give a shlt. Just because you like something doesn't make anything special out of it.

4 minutes ago, The Real timschochet said:

It means they will be. And of course she’s not mentally ill, but nice try. 

How can you say someone is not mentally ill when they are calling themselves a sex in which they can not be? 

It's called delusion. Mental illness of the highest degree.

7 minutes ago, The Real timschochet said:

It means they will be. And of course she’s not mentally ill, but nice try. 

You’re lost.  The Grammys don’t want bad press tomorrow.  It’s just like the NHL putting on a trans game a few months ago where a real female almost got killed.  Not agreeing with the trans ideology has become weaponized.  Only a tiny sliver of people, deep down, buy this ideology.  Looks like you’re one of the suckers.

My wife was watching this train wreck tonight. Most of this "music" is absolute shight,  and I've never heard of half of these people.

Whoever it was that introduced Lizzo said something about her breaking barriers and bringing about acceptance for large women of color, or some crap. Yeah, the music industry has never seen a successful black woman singer. Aretha Franklin must be rolling over in her grave.