AL East representing at 1st-4th :headbanger:

• Haha 1

Congrats @Mookz on taking over first. I had a good run

time to take it back 

9 minutes ago, WhiteWonder said:

time to take it back 

Thanks G.  :cheers:

Going to savor this one for today.  Injuries now stacking up and of course the Rays play one more game than the Os this week. :mad:

On 5/22/2023 at 11:33 AM, WhiteWonder said:

time to take it back 

7-8?  I will take that and run, considering how bad I got smashed on offense.  19 steals?  What the ehff?  :shocking:

8 hours ago, Mookz said:

7-8?  I will take that and run, considering how bad I got smashed on offense.  19 steals?  What the ehff?  :shocking:

Yeah. Wasn’t a great pitching week for me. But offensively 👍🏼

hey guys just want you to know I have been cheating

I am watching the Padres/Indians game right now

Logan Allen is pitching for the Indians, I have been starting him most of the season

July 31, 2019: Traded as part of a 3-team trade by the San Diego Padres with Victor Nova (minors) and Franmil Reyes to the Cleveland Indians. The Cleveland Indians sent Trevor Bauer to the Cincinnati Reds. The Cincinnati Reds sent Taylor Trammell to the San Diego Padres. The Cincinnati Reds sent Scott Moss (minors) and Yasiel Puig to the Cleveland Indians.

however, the guy pitching for the Indians is a DIFFERENT LOGAN ALLEN

sorry I truly had no clue, I will drop him after today, and you can penalize me if necessary

@whitewonder

35 minutes ago, RaiderHaters Revenge said:

hey guys just want you to know I have been cheating

I am watching the Padres/Indians game right now

Logan Allen is pitching for the Indians, I have been starting him most of the season

July 31, 2019: Traded as part of a 3-team trade by the San Diego Padres with Victor Nova (minors) and Franmil Reyes to the Cleveland Indians. The Cleveland Indians sent Trevor Bauer to the Cincinnati Reds. The Cincinnati Reds sent Taylor Trammell to the San Diego Padres. The Cincinnati Reds sent Scott Moss (minors) and Yasiel Puig to the Cleveland Indians.

however, the guy pitching for the Indians is a DIFFERENT LOGAN ALLEN

sorry I truly had no clue, I will drop him after today, and you can penalize me if necessary

@whitewonder

I can't imagine it has impacted much? I suppose he has picked up some wins, k's and quality starts... not going to try and figure out if he helped you win ERA or WHIP. 

Upon a very quick look:

Week 10: did not help you win any categories

Week 9: directly helped you win the K's category against the Royals. Week score should have been 9-7 rather than 10-6

Week 8: won you the QS category over the Cardinals. should have been 7-5 rather than 8-5

Week 7: no impact

Week 6: no impact

Week 5: no impact

and prior to this it doesnt seem like he accumulated any stats for you.

So basically it looks like your total record should have 2 less wins and 1 more loss (and 1 more tie), Lambert should have 1 less loss and 1 more tie and CMH should have 1 more win and 1 less loss.

Standings wise, you would be in 6th and Burt would be in 5th right now. 

At the end of the day I don't think anyone will care.

That is the nature of this league with a lot of these obscure players. We have to police ourselves or hope that our opponent that week is also keeping an eye on the players you are using. :dunno:

• Thanks 1

I'm open to doing namesakes. 🤔

For example, the Os would get Luis Matos because Luis Matos played for the Os from 2000-2006. ☝️

On 5/16/2023 at 8:07 AM, Jim Mora said:

@lambert58

What is the return policy on Kolten Wong? I think the one you sold me is defective. 

Be more than happy to just unravel that trade completely….

Coming up on the July AS Supp 👍🏼

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, WhiteWonder said:

Coming up on the July AS Supp 👍🏼

Definitely looking forward to some help. :thumbsup:

Taking bids now. For the right amount of money, I will doom the player of your choice to an extended injury. 

I'd love a potential vote for next season to expand rosters by 2. I think it would help with the teams who have to do so much shuffling of players on a daily basis, which only gets worse after the AS Supplemental. 

Although I guess for certain teams that is just the strategy they have to deploy. 

I look at my roster and am dumbfounded how I am 39 games back at the all-star break. 

Contreras

Goldy

Arenado

Turner

Arozarena

Lane Thomas (incredibly good year)

I am going to have to fire myself as Manager. 

I am calling it the curse of Kolton Wong

1 hour ago, lambert58 said:

I look at my roster and am dumbfounded how I am 39 games back at the all-star break. 

Contreras

Goldy

Arenado

Turner

Arozarena

Lane Thomas (incredibly good year)

I am going to have to fire myself as Manager. 

I am calling it the curse of Kolton Wong

The Cardinals are awful this year so honestly it doesn't surprise me...  But it is all luck anyway...

Yankees activated LHP Carlos Rodón from the 60-day injured list.
Rodón will make his highly-anticipated Yankees debut on Friday night against the Cubs in New York after missing the first half of the regular season with a left forearm strain and back tightness. The 30-year-old southpaw signed a massive six-year, $162 million contract last offseason with the Yankees after posting a stellar 2.88 ERA, 1.03 WHIP and 237/52 K/BB ratio across 178 innings (31 starts) last year for San Francisco.

Welsir, this has finally come to fruition, one start before the All Star supp.  What a yugely start for him tonight. :unsure:

ROSTERS LOCK AT DRAFT KICKOFF (10 AM EST).

IF A PLAYER IS NOT ON YOUR ROSTER, HE IS FAIR GAME TO BE DRAFTED. ANY PLAYERS ADDED AFTER 10AM EST WILL NOT BE SAFE. 

TIA

23 minutes ago, RaiderHaters Revenge said:

wow I am utterly shocked to get Elly De La Cruz at 7

do we expand rosters I dont remember or make cuts?

Cuts. No expanded. 

im not totally shocked. The AS supplemental, even more so than the regular supplemental is usually teams filling in holes even if it means passing up on the most talented player available. SS isn’t a very needed position. Oddly deep… dual qualification at 3B makes him more attractive. I would have considered at 11

I thought about grabbing Cruz but Turner and Arenado are starting to heat up.  I have 20 2B on my roster and my bullpen is in shambles.  

22 minutes ago, WhiteWonder said:

Cuts. No expanded. 

im not totally shocked. The AS supplemental, even more so than the regular supplemental is usually teams filling in holes even if it means passing up on the most talented player available. SS isn’t a very needed position. Oddly deep… dual qualification at 3B makes him more attractive. I would have considered at 11

yah me too, I have 4 SS in Tatis, Kim (who's shredding), Cronenworth who I never play, Abrams who's tearing it up of late

but france at 3B with Drury out was the best upgrade, especially since Ruiz (A's) is out indefinitely, he was single handedly winning SB every week for me

I just went best avail, and the pitchers that are there have nice numbers, but I have very little faith in most of them

Certainly thought about him, but my team is getting destroyed in the pitching categories and DLC's 29% strikeout rate suggests some regression could be in his immediate future.

@Burt to kick it off this morning

i'm confused and hope I did not somehow mess that up. Before going to play 9 holes at 7:30AM, I showed the last pick having been made by GuardBum with Burt on the clock. 

Now, in the pick thread, it says Burt posted his pick 8 hours ago and bbascom posted his 5 hours ago (which would have been 2:30AM and 5:30AM my time, respectively. 

:wacko:

I updated the pick thread.  Not sure why your view didn't show the picks at the times they would have hit though.  Chalk it off to the FFT glitchyness?

@Jim Mora    no rush, just pinging people. I have a proxy pick for Mets/dcb

heading for home, will check again in in an hour or so

I was definitely eyeing Rodon in round 1. could be a gamble that he stays healthy, but I think talent wise, he was the clear pitcher to get after Kershaw... who obviously has his own injury concerns. 

Joe Ryan has had some shaky outings lately, but since he was drafted by the Rays, it felt right :D. shame they traded him for Cruz. 

14 minutes ago, WhiteWonder said:

I was definitely eyeing Rodon in round 1. could be a gamble that he stays healthy, but I think talent wise, he was the clear pitcher to get after Kershaw... who obviously has his own injury concerns. 

Joe Ryan has had some shaky outings lately, but since he was drafted by the Rays, it felt right :D. shame they traded him for Cruz. 

It was between Rodon and Ryan for me.  I figured I had a little leeway to take a gamble so went with Rodon.

44 minutes ago, Burt said:

It was between Rodon and Ryan for me.  I figured I had a little leeway to take a gamble so went with Rodon.

Best of luck.  I've had ess luck with Yankees this year (Judge, Nestor).  Probably would have gone all in with Rodon though. 🤤

I almost went Rodon in rd 1.  Then I missed Giolito by 1 pick in rd 2.  Figure for sure he'll be traded to a contender by the deadline. Took consistency hopefully with Gilbert and upside risk with Abbott.

How come Kershaw wasn't taken in the first supplemental :dunno: