Sign in to follow this  
Hardcore troubadour

Do You Believe In Miracles?

43 years ago today, the US Olympic Hockey Team defeated the Russian team. Boys against men.   Greatest sports moment in our countries history. A big achievement  that helped get out us out of our decade long malaise. 

One of the greatest "calls" in announcing history as well.   And many forget that the US team still had to beat a very tough Finnish team days later to win the gold.

Eli Manning won twice. How can you not?

Game was on tape delay so they could show it in primetime. Focking local news anchor, drunk dude named Bill Bonds, comes on between 2nd and 3rd periods (US was down 3-2 at this point) and says "don't worry...they pull out the win"

Just now, patweisers44 said:

Game was on tape delay so they could show it in primetime. Focking local news anchor, drunk dude named Bill Bonds, comes on between 2nd and 3rd periods (US was down 3-2 at this point) and says "don't worry...they pull out the win"

Nice...

4 minutes ago, patweisers44 said:

Give that man a Pulitzer for breaking that story. 

13 minutes ago, patweisers44 said:

I remember over at FBG when a lot of the people there got in a hissy fit and reported people when results were posted of Olympic events during the day when it was being held in the Far East...

3 hours ago, patweisers44 said:

I didn't find out until a couple of weeks after the game that I had been watching a tape delay. I thought I had been watching a live game. Ahh, the old days of newspapers and NOT 24 hour news and sports

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Thornton Melon said:

I didn't find out until a couple of weeks after the game that I had been watching a tape delay. I thought I had been watching a live game. Ahh, the old days of newspapers and NOT 24 hour news and sports

Same