Sign in to follow this  
seafoam1

When did demanding government handouts become the preferred way to attempt to get respect?

Whether it be race motivated, sex or identity motivated, stupidity and irresponsible motivated (see student loan forgiveness), etc., all these people have one thing in common: They feel they are being disrespected by quality hard working people and are demanding respect from them by whining their way into trying to get the hard working people's money via government taxing them and giving handouts to the losers in life.

Thanks obama. :wall: 

Lowest unemployment rate and yet no one can get a second job? God forbid. I’ve had two jobs most of my working life. I had a side hustle when they called it a second job. 

25 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Lowest unemployment rate and yet no one can get a second job? God forbid. I’ve had two jobs most of my working life. I had a side hustle when they called it a second job. 

Yep.  Worked for someone else during my first 6 years in the fire dept, owned my own biz the last 22 years

Gee, let's think about that one; Anyone remember the first Chrysler bailout? Or the second? Or all the other car companies and Banks?  Or all the MIC companies? 

I could probably keep going.

2 minutes ago, wiffleball said:

Gee, let's think about that one; Anyone remember the first Chrysler bailout? Or the second? Or all the other car companies and Banks?  Or all the MIC companies? 

They kept people employed. It’s bullshit, but a reasonable excuse.  This is not. 

Man, who was in office when the government just started throwing money out the window for covid and whatnot?  

Damn. Think think. Hmmmmm

1 minute ago, wiffleball said:

f----em.    shouldn't have got jack.  they would have all been swallowed up by better run companies or if not left in ruins.  Like my buddy said, what the hell, I was looking for a job when I got this one.  pack up & move on.  if you are not afraid of work you will always have a job.  Way too many lazy people these days & that mostly is because of handouts in the past.  it's only getting worse.  check out the student loan crap that liberals are touting now.  same crap-same result.  no self pride to take the bull by the horns & work.  I dug a ditch for 5 months with a shovel & jackhammer.  did me good.   that is way beneath all the woke young idealists now.

one of my sons is a liberal.  lazy like crazy.  he never had a job he didn't hate, but man he can sure tell you what is wrong with America!

• Thanks 1

The national debt has risen by almost $7.8 trillion during Trump’s time in office. That’s nearly twice as much as what Americans owe on student loans, car loans, credit cards and every other type of debt other than mortgages, combined, according to data from the Federal Reserve Bank of New York. It amounts to about $23,500 in new federal debt for every person in the country.

2 minutes ago, wiffleball said:

The national debt has risen by almost $7.8 trillion during Trump’s time in office. That’s nearly twice as much as what Americans owe on student loans, car loans, credit cards and every other type of debt other than mortgages, combined, according to data from the Federal Reserve Bank of New York. It amounts to about $23,500 in new federal debt for every person in the country.

TDS

4 minutes ago, wiffleball said:

It’s 32 trillion now. Who’s responsible for the other 25 trillion? 

13 minutes ago, wiffleball said:

Trump again.  cool to have someone to blame for everything.

now do Obama.

16 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

As of Dec. 31, 2020, the national debt had jumped to $27.75 trillion, up 39% from $19.95 trillion when Trump was sworn in. 

1 minute ago, wiffleball said:

As of Dec. 31, 2020, the national debt had jumped to $27.75 trillion, up 39% from $19.95 trillion when Trump was sworn in. 

And now it’s 32-33. So who’s responsible for the other 25? 

Just now, Hardcore troubadour said:

And now it’s 32-33. So who’s responsible for the other 25? 

Wow. From this, I can't really tell if it's your reading or your math skills that are worse.

• Thanks 1

I'm not aware of anyone that thinks demanding government handouts is the preferred way of getting respect.

Trump was lousy on the debt, but he's not the only one. That's been the underlying story of the last four presidents of both parties and their accompanying Congressional majorities of both parties.

Need Gingrich vs (XY chromosome) Clinton

57 minutes ago, wiffleball said:

1980 1 trillion

2023 32 trillion

+ 3100.00%

If debt compounds @ at that rate over the next 43 years, it'll stand @ 1,024 quadrillion by 2066. The most laughable part of that, is that it's not even close. Real debt (once the unfunded liabilities from SS & Medicare are added) is 100 trillion+ today. If you want to debate which party is most responsible for that, have at it, but what we should really be concentrating on is addressing it now, not kicking the can down the road like both parties have done for a long time. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, Gladiators said:

Poor Wiff. He just can’t quit Trump. :(

There is no cure for TDS. 

2 minutes ago, Voltaire said:

Trump was lousy on the debt, but he's not the only one. That's been the underlying story of the last four presidents of both parties and their accompanying Congressional majorities of both parties.

Need Gingrich vs (XY chromosome) Clinton

Well actually, Trump is the third worst in the history of the presidency. First one was Lincoln who had you know that whole civil war thing to deal with. The next one was Bush who had that whole 9/11 thing to deal with.

And then there was trump.

4 minutes ago, easilyscan said:

1980 1 trillion

2023 32 trillion

+ 3100.00%

If debt compounds @ at that rate over the next 43 years, it'll stand @ 1,024 quadrillion by 2066. The most laughable part of that, is that it's not even close. Real debt (once the unfunded liabilities from SS & Medicare are added) is 100 trillion+ today. If you want to debate which party is most responsible for that, have at it, but what we should really be concentrating on is addressing it now, not kicking the can down the road like both parties have done for a long time. 

But the liberals need to control the weather first and that's costly. Else we will all die within the next 5 years if you are listening to aoc and her ilk.

• Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, wiffleball said:

Wow. From this, I can't really tell if it's your reading or your math skills that are worse.

Really? The debt is 32. Trump is responsible for 7-8 of it. Who’s responsible for the rest of it? Let us know. 

3 minutes ago, MLCKAA said:

Infuriating that Wells Fargo is #1 & also one of those listed that hasn't paid back the government.

Now, after Wells Fargo workers fraudulently created 2 million customer accounts, the top executives seem unaffected. John Stumpf, former chairman & chief executive officer of Wells Fargo, is banned for life from the banking industry over the bank's 2016 fake accounts scandal. I'll never forget this ass bag being grilled by Congress and saying he knew nothing about it.

Why would he, he was only the focking CEO

2 hours ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Maybe you should have gotten a degree

• Confused 1

3 minutes ago, GutterBoy said:

Maybe you should have gotten a pension. Doh! 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Let's go with this for now. And even with that, you're kind of glossing over the fact that Trump single-handedly racked up 25% of our national debt in a four-year term.  (This from the guy who promised over and over again that he was going to wipe out the national debt like it was water.). I guess somebody told him he couldn't just declare bankruptcy.

Third worst president ever for debt accumulation. Absolute worst non-war president in that regard. Not even close.

One of the worst things? Because he got in a pissing match with China and others over trade, he had to write huge checks to all of our Farmers not to farm. Which was incredibly short-sighted. Because guess what all the other countries did when it came to long-term supply contracts? They signed up with other providers. America's farmers are still screwed because places like Venezuela and India and Beyond swooped in and took all the long term supply contracts that Trump lost.  And now that the money fountain has run dry? You wonder why Bill Gates is buying all that farmland up for pennies on the dollar. Same thing with china. Dude laid down a s*** show we won't recover from for decades. If ever. 

So, let's go with, you're right, the other 44 presidents over the last 250 years or so racked up let's say approximately 75% of our national debt. All while winning the cold war, overcoming the Great depression, and you know, fighting two world wars. And about 26 other wars and various financial  & natural disasters.

5 minutes ago, GutterBoy said:

There are a lot of recent college grads with degrees who still live with mommy and daddy and don't want to work hard to pay off their obligations in life. That's why they are out screaming for people's taxes to pay them off for them. Idiots spend 100+ grand to make $45 grand a year. Take a second job and pay your own stupid loans off yourself.

1 minute ago, TimHauck said:

Is there a video or something that the OP is referencing?

This thread is for those who follow current events. If you don't know what's going on, you can sit it out. 

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, wiffleball said:

Let's go with this for now. And even with that, you're kind of glossing over the fact that Trump single-handedly racked up 25% of our national debt in a four-year term.  (This from the guy who promised over and over again that he was going to wipe out the national debt like it was water.). I guess somebody told him he couldn't just declare bankruptcy.

Third worst president ever for debt accumulation. Absolute worst non-war president in that regard. Not even close.

One of the worst things? Because he got in a pissing match with China and others over trade, he had to write huge checks to all of our Farmers not to farm. Which was incredibly short-sighted. Because guess what all the other countries did when it came to long-term supply contracts? They signed up with other providers. America's farmers are still screwed because places like Venezuela and India and Beyond swooped in and took all the long term supply contracts that Trump lost.  And now that the money fountain has run dry? You wonder why Bill Gates is buying all that farmland up for pennies on the dollar. Same thing with china. Dude laid down a s*** show we won't recover from for decades. If ever. 

So, let's go with, you're right, the other 44 presidents over the last 250 years or so racked up let's say approximately 75% of our national debt. All while winning the cold war, overcoming the Great depression, and you know, fighting two world wars. And about 26 other wars and various financial  & natural disasters.

No. It was only 1 trillion in 1980. Putting it on all the prior Presidents is silly.  And by your own calculations, Trump went up 8 trillion in four years, and Biden 4 trillion in 2 years. I like Joes chances in that race.  Lol. 

... and, since somebody mentioned oh bummer:

The Troubled Asset Relief Program (TARP) was instituted by the U.S. Treasury following the 2008 financial crisis. TARP stabilized the financial system by having the government buy mortgage-backed securities and bank stocks. From 2008 to 2010, TARP invested $426.4 billion in firms and recouped $441.7 billion in return.

10 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Maybe you should have gotten a pension. Doh! 

I actually have a pension you dummy, it's nothing to brag about

7 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

No. It was only 1 trillion in 1980. Putting it on all the prior Presidents is silly.  And by your own calculations, Trump went up 8 trillion in four years, and Biden 4 trillion in 2 years. I like Joes chances in that race.  Lol. 

https://www.usatoday.com/money/blueprint/banking/national-debt-by-president/

Biden is 6% in 2 years vs trump's 40% in 4 years.

Your boy Obama was worse than the both

5 minutes ago, wiffleball said:

... and, since somebody mentioned oh bummer:

The Troubled Asset Relief Program (TARP) was instituted by the U.S. Treasury following the 2008 financial crisis. TARP stabilized the financial system by having the government buy mortgage-backed securities and bank stocks. From 2008 to 2010, TARP invested $426.4 billion in firms and recouped $441.7 billion in return.

Five Reasons Why TARP Was a Failure

https://www.usnews.com/news/slideshows/five-reasons-why-tarp-was-a-failure?slide=3

9 minutes ago, GutterBoy said:

I actually have a pension you dummy, it's nothing to brag about

One million dollars! (Plus full medical). Guess you have that too. 

1 minute ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

One million dollars! (Plus full medical). Guess you have that too. 

More.  Now shut up