Sign in to follow this  
GutterBoy

Republican from Texas anti-drag bill author dresses in drag

Science has proven that most deranged and mentally ill  individuals hate themselves. That is why the suicide rate is so high. 

This is well beyond political affiliation.  

• Like 1

Can they at least still do blackface? 

Why does anyone NEED to go in drag anyhow? Why would someone/anyone feel the need to do so? If blackface is wrong then Drag should be as well, both offend me. 

10 hours ago, KSB2424 said:

Science has proven that most deranged and mentally ill  individuals hate themselves. That is why the suicide rate is so high. 

Makes sense as to why so many closeted lgbtq republicans are fighting so hard against lgbtq rights these days.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, GutterBoy said:

:lol:

Stupid. One of your dumber posts.  

3 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Stupid. One of your dumber posts.  

Yes, more hypocrisy from your party's biggest platform issue, nothing to see here, please disperse.

3 hours ago, League Champion said:

Can they at least still do blackface? 

Why does anyone NEED to go in drag anyhow? Why would someone/anyone feel the need to do so? If blackface is wrong then Drag should be as well, both offend me. 

Let them go do their thing.  If someone wants to dress up likes its Halloween or pretend then so what?

Let people live their lives.

BUT, do not pull kids into this and attempt to indoctrinate them.  And do not cancel or assail people who do not want to live as you do.  We leave them alone and they leave us alone.....

1 minute ago, GutterBoy said:

Yes, more hypocrisy from your party's biggest platform issue, nothing to see here, please disperse.

Did you watch the video? It's clearly a skit moron.   

Authoring legislation on a subject with which he has some familiarity makes sense.

Also, what sort of school theater project was that?  I hope that was not a "for credit" class.

Just now, RLLD said:

Let them go do their thing.  If someone wants to dress up likes its Halloween or pretend then so what?

BUT, do not pull kids into this and attempt to indoctrinate them.  And do not cancel or assail people who do not want to live as you do.  We leave them alone and they leave us alone.....

This is my exact position as well.

1 minute ago, RogerDodger said:

Did you watch the video? It's clearly a skit moron.   

Oh it's only a skit, a skit that he wants to ban in his state, sure.

Horseman defending groomers under an alias.  A new low for this piece of sh1t.

13 minutes ago, RLLD said:

You support freedom… unless a child is around?  These kids aren’t just wandering in off the street. Their parents are taking them. Don’t you think the parents should be able to decide what to expose their own children to?

Not to mention that these drag queen story hours are not sexual shows. 

27 minutes ago, GutterBoy said:

Oh it's only a skit, a skit that he wants to ban in his state, sure.

Horseman defending groomers under an alias.  A new low for this piece of sh1t.

Hes banning skits?  Link?  

Oh, this must be retard semantics game day!

No one cared or spoke out about drag queens until they got kids involved. Liberals like to leave that part out. 

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, dogcows said:

You support freedom… unless a child is around?  These kids aren’t just wandering in off the street. Their parents are taking them. Don’t you think the parents should be able to decide what to expose their own children to?

Not to mention that these drag queen story hours are not sexual shows. 

I cannot stop every parent from harming their kids.  If parents take their kids to a drag show, or a strip club, or into a drug den we as a society are not likely to stop them.

If schools in particular do this, then I have a problem.... so your red herring is now diffused, can we speak thoughtfully on the topic?

8 minutes ago, RogerDodger said:

Hes banning skits?  Link?  

Oh, this must be retard semantics game day!

However, the bill authored by Schatzline, HB1266, doesn’t just create hurdles for “sexually explicit” drag shows.

Rather, it seeks to denote any kind of business that allows “on-premises consumption of alcoholic beverages” and performances by a person wearing any clothing or makeup not stereotypical to their born sex as “sexually oriented businesses.”

These businesses wouldn’t be allowed to serve or host minors, regardless if they’re a nightclub, restaurant or bar.

In other words, if John Travolta performed his gender-flipped Hairspray role in a Texas theater that serves alcohol, that theater would need to be designated a “sexually oriented business” and bar minors. Or, for example, if a transgender woman wore makeup and sang karaoke at a restaurant, that eatery couldn’t allow children.

21 minutes ago, GutterBoy said:

However, the bill authored by Schatzline, HB1266, doesn’t just create hurdles for “sexually explicit” drag shows.

Rather, it seeks to denote any kind of business that allows “on-premises consumption of alcoholic beverages” and performances by a person wearing any clothing or makeup not stereotypical to their born sex as “sexually oriented businesses.”

These businesses wouldn’t be allowed to serve or host minors, regardless if they’re a nightclub, restaurant or bar.

In other words, if John Travolta performed his gender-flipped Hairspray role in a Texas theater that serves alcohol, that theater would need to be designated a “sexually oriented business” and bar minors. Or, for example, if a transgender woman wore makeup and sang karaoke at a restaurant, that eatery couldn’t allow children.

Interesting.  Stereotypical for who, and by what boundaries.  It may not be stereotypical behavior in Texas to wear a kilt or a tupenus, but it is in some areas. What if I had a skin condition and used heavy makeup to cover my medical condition, would that be outlawed? Does this prohibit changing norms.  What does the burgeoning male makeup industry think of this?  

Just now, Engorgeous George said:

Interesting.  Stereotypical for who, and by what boundaries.  It may not be stereotypical behavior in texas to wear a kilt or a tupenus, but it is in some areas. What if I had a skin condition and used heavy makeup to cover my medical condition, would that be outlawed? Does this prohibit changing norms.  What does the burgeoning male makeup industry think of this?  

This is why I usually lean to the side of just addressing the individual examples and telling them to knock it off vs. more wide reaching bills like we are seeing here and in FL.    

1 minute ago, BuckSwope said:

This is why I usually lean to the side of just addressing the individual examples and telling them to knock it off vs. more wide reaching bills like we are seeing here and in FL.    

Exactly.  I generally don't want govt up in anyone's business.  This has been a long standing conservative principle that has taken a back seat to lgbtq hate.

We already have laws on the books protecting the welfare of children.

Hypothetical.  I take my granddaughter and three friends out to On the Border after their dance class.  It is my turn to car pool the kids home.  It is a Saturday, around 2:00PM.  They have just opened and we are the first customers in.  There is no notice their will be a special event as we take our seats and order.  Then, in walk several drag queens.  They start setting up for some show or another to begin in 20 minutes.  Afficionados of such performances start filtering in, some dressed in fetishwear.

Do I stay?  I am responsible not just for my granddaughter, but the daughters of neighbors.

Do I leave?  If I do and it is just as our food is coming out am i justified in not paying?

4 minutes ago, RaiderHaters Revenge said:

As usual. Someone on the left has no clue what they are talking about. There is no drag in this thread 

Oh good the drag expert is here.  Please enlighten us, Rupaul.

Oh good the drag expert is here.  Please enlighten us, Rupaul.

Yep drag is a style. This is not drag. And you’re right I’ve probably been to more drag shows than anyone here. They are insanely sexual shows. The stuff I’ve seen at drag shows is worse than I’ve seen in a strip club. The language and the innuendos and language are not kid friendly. 

this video looks like a stupid skit. Is the guy dressed in over the top makeup big t1ts and being sexual?  Nope. It’s not drag

1 minute ago, RaiderHaters Revenge said:

Yep drag is a style. This is not drag. And you’re right I’ve probably been to more drag shows than anyone here. They are insanely sexual shows. The stuff I’ve seen at drag shows is worse than I’ve seen in a strip club. The language and the innuendos and language are not kid friendly. 

this video looks like a stupid skit. Is the guy dressed in over the top makeup big t1ts and being sexual?  Nope. It’s not drag

I've never been to a drag show.  Ok, so it's just a guy dressed up like a woman.  What's the term for that?

3 minutes ago, GutterBoy said:

I've never been to a drag show.  Ok, so it's just a guy dressed up like a woman.  What's the term for that?

Goofing off, acting? 

it’s funny cause there are people who think Ms Doubtfire is drag as well

36 minutes ago, GutterBoy said:

So nothing to do with a high school drama/comedy skit.  Got it.  Fok you're retarded.  

1986.  Car full of us drunken monkeys hopping from one bar to the next.  Heavy snow.  The car breaks down.  Uo the block is a bar with which we are unfamiliar.  We head ovwver to uase a phone as this is long before cell phones.  Bar has a stage and a blonde is singing and wearing a red, tight, sequinned dress.  One of my biuddies says shes hot.  The rest of us silently agree through exchanged looks to see how long it takes him to get it is a drag performer doing Carol Channing.  A short time later after he realized what was evident to the rest of us immediately he was embarassed, then pissed at us for not cluing him in.  He wanted to leave.  we pointed out there was a blizzard outside and the car was dead, we were waiting for a tow and a ride.  He decided to wait in the car.  the rest of us had a beer, watched the show, and waitied for the tow and our ride.  My girlfriend came to pick some of us up.  Her car was too small for the whole crew.  she wanted to have a drink and catch a few sets of the show so we stayed.  The next performer did some Liza Minelli.  Seems Carol chaning and Liza Minelli were big for that crowd as there were multiple performers paying homage to each.  It was much more tame than the videos I have seen on this site of recent events.  A more innicent time, perhaps.

6 minutes ago, RaiderHaters Revenge said:

Goofing off, acting? 

Maybe they found it sexy and were turned on, and they confused that with it being drag/sexual?  ;) 

2 minutes ago, RogerDodger said:

So nothing to do with a high school drama/comedy skit.  Got it.  Fok you're retarded.  

If a high school drama club dressed as women, then minors wouldn't be allowed.

Do I have to spell everything out for you?

Go to bed alias, you;re drunk.

You forgot the alcohol part.  Spell it out for me  :lol:, you can't even read.  

19 minutes ago, RaiderHaters Revenge said:

Goofing off, acting? 

Uncle Milty and Bugs Bunny as well.  The we have our J. edgar Hoover's and Bill Clinton in heels in a portrait.  

Freshman orientation in college concluded with a party.  the various dorms were called upon to do skits and to enter contests.  One was a Best Legs contest. each dorm had to enter a contestant.  Contestants strolledacross the stage with a curtain situated so as to not show torsos, only legs.  All participants were male.  I might have won instead of finishhing second had I had any experience walking in heels.  Wear the chicks from my dorm found size 12 pumps and pantyhose to fit me I will never know.  They did seem to have fun shaving my legs to get me ready for the show.  I appreciated that as an icebreaker.

The female freshman dorm was Lovejoy Hall.  We liked that.  The first time I heard that i thought it was a nick name.  Not so.

5 minutes ago, GutterBoy said:

They probably don't serve booze. 

2 minutes ago, BuckSwope said:

They probably don't serve booze. 

Why would you assume that.  High School Drama club shows up at Applebees wearing dresses.  Sorry, all kids must leave now.

Just now, GutterBoy said:

Why would you assume that.  High School Drama club shows up at Applebees wearing dresses.  Sorry, all kids must leave now.

🤣🤣🤣

11 minutes ago, Engorgeous George said:

Uncle Milty and Bugs Bunny as well.  The we have our J. edgar Hoover's and Bill Clinton in heels in a portrait.  

Freshman orientation in college concluded with a party.  the various dorms were called upon to do skits and to enter contests.  One was a Best Legs contest. each dorm had to enter a contestant.  Contestants strolledacross the stage with a curtain situated so as to not show torsos, only legs.  All participants were male.  I might have won instead of finishhing second had I had any experience walking in heels.  Wear the chicks from my dorm found size 12 pumps and pantyhose to fit me I will never know.  They did seem to have fun shaving my legs to get me ready for the show.  I appreciated that as an icebreaker.

The female freshman dorm was Lovejoy Hall.  We liked that.  The first time I heard that i thought it was a nick name.  Not so.

According to gutterbot I’ve done drag. Me and my hs gf switched and she went as a baseball player and I wore her cheer stuff for homecoming week

1 hour ago, RLLD said:

1 hour ago, GutterBoy said:

This is my exact position as well.

Apparently it isn't your position, because that is what the guy wearing a costume in your big gotcha video is trying to do.

State Rep. Nate Schatzline, a Republican from Fort Worth, has filed House Bill 1266, which would ban so-called “family-friendly” drag shows. The bill would amend the Business and Commerce Code to include drag shows as a sexually oriented business, meaning minors would no longer be able to attend.

https://texasscorecard.com/state/texas-lawmaker-files-new-bill-to-ban-all-ages-drag-shows-in-texas/