League Champion

Donald Trump claims he will be arrested Tuesday in Manhattan probe, calls for protests

3 minutes ago, Strike said:

Nothing in the indictment suggests payments to two women.  That's what happens when you post BEFORE reading the indictment.  Try not listening to Dem talking points next time.

It was stated by the prosecution in open court O’er reporting. I suspect it’s either in there somewhere or in the Statement of Facts. It’s all over the news at this point. 

Hey @Strike I don’t really want to have this argument. You want to insist that what you wrote is still true and I got it completely wrong? Fine. I got it wrong. 

These charges, though are pretty serious. That doesn’t mean they can be proven before a jury. But they’re serious. 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, The Real timschochet said:

Yes. You wrote “I don’t think they can prove he did that.” They claim to have the proof. 

1)  This is a message bored.  You know what we do here?  We discuss things and express opinions.  Based upon what I've read that is my belief.  But notice I said "I don't think...."  That's a pretty clear indication that I'm expressing an opinion, no?  You and Hackboy love to say things like "They can't prove that!!!".  That's why you get so much sh*t.  If I make a declarative statement, sure, call me out.  Calling me out for being "wrong" when I clearly expressed an opinion is idiotic.

2)  They HAVEN'T "PROVEN" Anything.  Unless you believe in Nancy Pelosi's understanding of our legal system and Trump is guilty until proven innocent.  I didn't think you were that stupid but I don't put anything past you anymore.  So talk to me about me being "wrong" once they've actually shown some proof.

Dumbass.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, The Real timschochet said:

Hey @Strike I don’t really want to have this argument. You want to insist that what you wrote is still true and I got it completely wrong? Fine. I got it wrong. 

These charges, though are pretty serious. That doesn’t mean they can be proven before a jury. But they’re serious. 

Yeah, if I were looking at stupid as you at this moment I wouldn't want to have the argument either.  Dumbass.

I love how closely tied Trump is to The National Enquirer. 

Is there a more perfect pairing than those two?

Concealing this payment and how that relates to election laws and fraud on how he reported the payments. Says he has texts and communications for the former and tax filings for the later. 

guys it’s not political and totally normal to indict Trump for things every other Democrat are guilty of.

“The indictment said the payments to the two women were to silence them about the affairs ‘in order to avoid those accounts harming his chances of winning the election over Hillary Clinton.”

Court just ruled that Stormy Daniels owes Trump another 121k in legal fees.  Even when he loses, he wins!!!!!

An unprecedented prosecution.  What took so long? I mean, it must really stick out and be quite nefarious to do something that has never been done before. . Why the wait? 

I remember some dooshbag cops I worked with would charge everything under the Sun, same redundant bullshit charge after charge. Never liked those guys. Padding their stats. 

11 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

An unprecedented prosecution.  What took so long? I mean, it must really stick out and be quite nefarious to do something that has never been done before. . Why the wait? 

Did you not have a case that warranted a thorough, non-rushed investigation before an indictment?

1 minute ago, Pimpadeaux said:

Did you not have a case that warranted a thorough, non-rushed investigation before an indictment?

A year and a half? No. And it had been investigated by numerous entities before with no charges nor was it presented to a GJ. Nice try slappy

Just now, Hardcore troubadour said:

A year and a half? No. And it had been investigated by numerous entities before with no charges nor was it presented to a GJ. Nice try slappy

If they had charged him within a time frame that would be acceptable to you, you'd just complain that the charges were brought too fast and continue to claim "witch hunt" and "politically motivated."

🤣

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

I remember some dooshbag cops I worked with would charge everything under the Sun, same redundant bullshit charge after charge. Never liked those guys. Padding their stats. 

I worked with a girl who told me her mother got a speeding ticket in a residential neighborhood when she was not speeding in the least. 

Mother got pissed and went to public records and pulled public records of that cop's tickets he handed out over the past so many months (The mother definitely had the personality to do this). This was in Florida. 

She found out that every ticket the guy wrote was for speeding, was on the same street, ended up same spot, and all were going over the limit by exactly the same mph. The mother tracked down as many of the ticketed people she could find and they took the cop to court pointing out what was going on. And all the people got their tickets thrown out and I'm not sure what happened to the cop. Focking lazy cop. 😆

• Sad 1

3 minutes ago, Pimpadeaux said:

If they had charged him within a time frame that would be acceptable to you, you'd just complain that the charges were brought too fast and continue to claim "witch hunt" and "politically motivated."

🤣

And you would do a little cheerleader dance rooting on a war in Europe. 🤸‍♀️🤸‍♀️🤸‍♀️🤸‍♀️🤸‍♀️

27 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

The wheels of justice move slowly. Trump will no doubt drag this out as long as he can.

3 minutes ago, seafoam1 said:

I worked with a girl who told me her mother got a speeding ticket in a residential neighborhood when she was not speeding in the least. 

Mother got pissed and went to public records and pulled public records of that cop's tickets he handed out over the past so many months (The mother definitely had the personality to do this). This was in Florida. 

She found out that every ticket the guy wrote was for speeding, was on the same street, ended up same spot, and all were going over the limit by exactly the same mph. The mother tracked down as many of the ticketed people she could find and they took the cop to court pointing out what was going on. And all the people got their tickets thrown out and I'm not sure what happened to the cop. Focking lazy cop. 😆

I worked in poor neighborhoods.  I disliked giving poor working people a ticket. I was a giant pushover with them. But if you were an ass-Ho, well then I would take my time and write the best damn ticket you ever saw. Number one on my list: Making me tell you to turn the radio down when I approach. And you would be surprised how many punks do that.  They can’t help themselves.  

Just now, thegeneral said:

The wheels of justice move slowly. Trump will no doubt drag this out as long as he can.

TRUMP!!!! :cry:

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, seafoam1 said:

What an exciting story! Do you have any more fascinating tales, maybe some stuff on parking violations?

5 minutes ago, thegeneral said:

What an exciting story! Do you have any more fascinating tales, maybe some stuff on parking violations?

Good one....

...now go back to your 1000s of exhilarating TRUMP!!!! :cry: posts. 

5 minutes ago, seafoam1 said:

Good one....

...now go back to your 1000s of exhilarating TRUMP!!!! :cry: posts. 

I’ll be sure to run all my thoughts through the prism of Seachode’s co-worker’s mother’s explanation of an experience with a Florida cop 😂😂

This changes everything!

1 hour ago, Strike said:

That is the most pathetic looking legal document I've ever seen.  And TimsCrotch can suck his husband's balls.  I was right in my analysis all along.  If anything that document is more vague than anything I would have expected.

FALSIFYING BUSINESS RECORDS IN THE FIRST DEGREE

Every single one.

Falsifying Business Records in the First Degree occurs when you violate any of the four subsections of the lesser misdemeanor offense and an Assistant District Attorney can prove beyond a reasonable doubt additional elements. Prosecutors must establish that your intent to defraud involved further criminal intent to either hide the commission of another crime or to assist in the commission of that other crime. Because of this additional offense requirement, it is routine practice for prosecutors to charge potentially more serious transgressions alongside a Penal Law 175.10 case at the time of arrest or when the matter is presented to a Grand Jury.

1 - No additional offenses charged.  Flat out missing are the things they need to elevate falsifying business records to a First Degree. :dunno:

2 - I'm sure they've secured the crayons Trump used to falsify all these himself.  :lol:  Trump is triple insulated to actually take the wrap for any any business accounting issues.

This is beyond dumb.  Sideshow, that's it.

1 hour ago, The Real timschochet said:

Yes. You wrote “I don’t think they can prove he did that.” They claim to have the proof. 

Well that settles it then.

6 minutes ago, thegeneral said:

I’ll be sure to run all my thoughts through the prism of Seachode’s co-worker’s mother’s explanation of an experience with a Florida cop 😂😂

This changes everything!

But... TRUMP!!!!! :cry:

3 minutes ago, Horseman said:

FALSIFYING BUSINESS RECORDS IN THE FIRST DEGREE

Every single one.

1 - No additional offenses charged.  Flat out missing are the things they need to elevate falsifying business records to a First Degree. :dunno:

2 - I'm sure they've secured the crayons Trump used to falsify all these himself.  :lol:  Trump is triple insulated to actually take the wrap for any any business accounting issues.

This is beyond dumb.  Sideshow, that's it.

Yeah.  The only thing that allows them to charge him with the falsifying business records, who's statute of limitations has run out, is that supposedly it was in furtherance of another crime.  That's also how they elevate it to a felony.  But they don't list what the other crime is in the indictment?  And Bragg refuses to specify it when asked at the press conference?  Fortunately, they have to file a more specific document pretty quickly that does require that information so we'll know soon.  But this had it's intended effect.  This nothingburer indictment fed people like @The Real timschochet so he could think there was something there.  Non critical thinkers fall for this crap every time.

1 minute ago, Strike said:

Yeah.  The only thing that allows them to charge him with the falsifying business records, who's statute of limitations has run out, is that supposedly it was in furtherance of another crime.  That's also how they elevate it to a felony.  But they don't list what the other crime is in the indictment?  And Bragg refuses to specify it when asked at the press conference?  Fortunately, they have to file a more specific document pretty quickly that does require that information so we'll know soon.  But this had it's intended effect.  This nothingburer indictment fed people like @The Real timschochet so he could think there was something there.  Non critical thinkers fall for this crap every time.

Another thing I just noticed:

Blah, blah blah......marked as a record of Donald J. Trump, and kept and maintained by the Trump Organization.

Trump Organization, not Trump Campaign.  Whoops, there goes the campaign violation claims. 

8 minutes ago, Strike said:

For the statute of time issue I had heard legal dudes saying the alleged criminal’s time out of NY state stops the clock. 

2 minutes ago, thegeneral said:

For the statute of time issue I had heard legal dudes saying the alleged criminal’s time out of NY state stops the clock. 

Yeah, you're gonna have to provide a link to that one.   But if you're listening to the "legal dudes" podcast I can see why you'd think that.  Was it before or after their toke break?

The DA has really stretched out on this one. Proving those payments were part of a felonious crime seems pretty sketchy to me. The real problem I have is this weak sauce will only empower Trump and his supporters in their witch hunt mantra. I wish this DA had kept this case in check or left it alone until further or better testimony and evidence proved out.

The bottom line is Trump's actions after the election have always been the most egregious crimes he committed. His interference and attempted influence in Georgia alone should result in him going to jail, his actions prior to, and on Jan. 6 should result in his swinging from a gallows in front of The Capitol for treason.

9 minutes ago, Strike said:

Yeah, you're gonna have to provide a link to that one.   But if you're listening to the "legal dudes" podcast I can see why you'd think that.  Was it before or after their toke break?

It was a guy on NPR talking about the case. I’m sure you can google it. Are you a lawyer?

7 minutes ago, Strike said:

Trump’s time in White House could end up benefiting New York prosecutors

Prosecutors in the Manhattan District Attorney’s Office have discussed using a section of New York criminal procedure law that they successfully applied in their sexual assault case against disgraced Hollywood mogul Harvey Weinstein to charge him with earlier conduct, people familiar with the matter said.

The section allows for the extension of the statute of limitations when a defendant has been out of state “continuously.”

Since Trump was sworn into office in January 2017, he has spent few days in New York, which means prosecutors could effectively add that time to the clock and investigate earlier conduct.

That's the gist of it.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1