Sign in to follow this  
The Real timschochet

20 years later: the invasion of Iraq

1 hour ago, League Champion said:

What gives you that idea?  I'm a lifer who retired in the past couple years. The Military is a great opportunity, especially for young people who have almost no opportunities. I was able to make a career for myself that never would of happened. I pay no taxes, my entire family has free healthcare for life, I have 2 homes that are paid off and travel the World. Did I sacrifice, hell yes!!! Was it worth it?? Hell yes!!!

I think that's an ignorant statement. 

How do you pay no taxes? Disability ? 

4 hours ago, seafoam1 said:

Biden single handedly killed 13 marines. Now he's your hero.

What are you talking about? I can't stand Biden.

27 minutes ago, Bert said:

Fair enough.  I will pop a cork when Carter finally dies.  He is proof only the good die young no matter how much good he tried to do to save his soul after he was no longer president.  

This thread is about the Iraq War. 

1 minute ago, MDC said:

This thread is about the Iraq War. 

Then don't make statements about the worst president of your life time.  You brought Carter into the discussion.  

The 2nd Iraq war was very stupid.  

1 hour ago, Strike said:

Those are civilized countries.

I completely agree with this. Some countries you just can't reach.

20 minutes ago, Bert said:

You brought Carter into the discussion.  

Actually you did. :doh: 

First war made some sense. Big bully storms into Kuwait and rapes and kills and loots. And that part of the story really didn't get enough press.

Iraq would have kept rolling on into Saudi arabia, and,.. cheap oil matters. 

2nd one was an utter crock. 

Just now, wiffleball said:

Iraq would have kept rolling on into Saudi arabia, and,.. cheap oil matters. 

Saudi Arabia would have annihilated Iraq. I was there, they had absolutely nothing militarily. We seriously overestimated them going in. 

2 minutes ago, League Champion said:

Saudi Arabia would have annihilated Iraq. I was there, they had absolutely nothing militarily. We seriously overestimated them going in. 

I think there was a very prevailing fear that Israel would jump into the mix. And we were terrified that would happen as it would cost the whole region to just go kablooey.

... Not that anybody could tell the difference.

2 minutes ago, wiffleball said:

think there was a very prevailing fear that Israel would jump into the mix. And we were terrified that would happen as it would cost the whole region to just go kablooey.

You're absolutely right. Which is why we went in, we literally took a bullet for Israel, it was never about the US. 

5 hours ago, MDC said:

Actually you did. :doh: 

No you did when you said worst President of our life times.  :wall:

8 hours ago, Strike said:

Those are civilized countries.

Given the fact that they committed some of the worst crimes in the history of civilization, I don’t think that either Germany or Japan, circa 1945, really deserve such a title. 

9 hours ago, RaiderHaters Revenge said:

I feel really horrible for all of our men who were sold the lies of “protecting” our country that ultimately suffer from ptsd life long handicaps and death. They sell us the lie of becoming heroes and fighting for freedom only to sacrifice them as useless pawns and throw them on the streets when they return

i respect those who join and followed the ranks. But anyone at this point who joins the military quite frankly is dumb 

I'd have stormed the beaches of Normandy for the country I grew up in but I don't feel the same about Biden's Amerika. The corruption has hijacked the institutions.  We don't have the moral authority and it's more of a  bullsh*t job. Biden can storm the beaches with flag kneelers, CRT indoctrinated antifa rioters, and trannies. 

7 hours ago, Bert said:

No you did when you said worst President of our life times.  :wall:

Feeling a little defensive of GWB? :( 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, MDC said:

I was against it from the get go and still think it was the most colossal foreign policy blunder of my lifetime. We’re still paying for it today. Any time someone tells me any other POTUS is the worst ever I wonder how that can be true when GWB exists.

You’ve never of Richard Nixon or Andrew Jackson?

35 minutes ago, MLCKAA said:

Of my lifetime. 

48 minutes ago, MLCKAA said:

Andrew Jackson paid the bills and balanced the National Debt. Richard Nixon was a generally effective administrator who wound the Vietnam war down and dealt with the hippies.

The Bushtard started a pointless war and blew up the debt. Meanwhile, Biden has presided over the destruction of the social fabric of the nation and ended energy independence, while also blowing up the debt.

I was 100% against based on the justification(WMD's) and the fact that after pressure Iraq allowed UN inspectors on the ground and they found NOTHING. They went to every place that Powell said WMD's were being created/stored and nothing. People would say, they must be moving them...as if we didn't have a dozen satellites pointed straight down at Iraq at the time. If it weren't for middle east blood lust after 9/11, no way that BS excuse would have worked.

2 hours ago, MDC said:

Feeling a little defensive of GWB? :( 

Not at all.  That 2nd gulf war was a huge fock up.

1 hour ago, MLCKAA said:

Those two aren't even is the same conversation as Carter and GWB.

13 minutes ago, Bert said:

Not at all.  That 2nd gulf war was a huge fock up.

Can’t forget about Carter tho. 😂 

1 hour ago, Voltaire said:

Andrew Jackson paid the bills and balanced the National Debt. Richard Nixon was a generally effective administrator who wound the Vietnam war down and dealt with the hippies.

The Bushtard started a pointless war and blew up the debt. Meanwhile, Biden has presided over the destruction of the social fabric of the nation and ended energy independence, while also blowing up the debt.

Nixon intentionally sabotaged a Vietnam peace deal to aid his election.  His legacy is blood.

14 hours ago, The Real timschochet said:

Given the fact that they committed some of the worst crimes in the history of civilization, I don’t think that either Germany or Japan, circa 1945, really deserve such a title. 

Girls aren't allowed to attend school past 6th grade in Afghanistan.  TODAY.   Maybe if they identified as a boy they'd be allowed to.  Oh wait.  That would probably get them executed.  NOT civilized. 

21 hours ago, Brad GLuckman said:

What are you talking about? I can't stand Biden.

It happened a few years ago.

Vice President veteran and drifter Joe Biden wanders into a small Delaware town in search of an old friend, but is met with intolerance and brutality by the local sheriff, Will Teasle . When Teasle and his deputies restrain and shave Biden, he flashes back to his time as a VP and unleashes his fury on the officers. He narrowly escapes the manhunt, but it will take his former commander, Barack Obama to save the hunters from the hunted. 

It was pretty brutal.  :( 

4 hours ago, MDC said:

Can’t forget about Carter tho. 😂 

Thank you for admitting you were wrong and that Carter is the worst president of your lifetime and GWB is the second worst.  :overhead:

• Confused 2

29 minutes ago, Bert said:

Carter is the worst president of your lifetime 

Did you forget about the useless hundred year old Tart that's in office now? 

In fairness, it was very difficult to figure out what the truth was.