Big Guy

NFL DRAFT 2023 ( official / unofficial thread )

Laporta

Washington

Mingo

I hope these guys are in GBs ideas.   

Obviously Mayer but he should go before they pick and I would rather not move up.  

Need a safety pretty bad.  Love Branch.  Bjt his lack of RAS score probably takes hi out of consideration for thr Packers.  

I think Ringo moves to safety at some point.  He would be interesting but probably will go before their picks in the 2nd.  

2 minutes ago, listen2me 23 said:

Laporta

Washington

Mingo

I hope these guys are in GBs ideas.   

Obviously Mayer but he should go before they pick and I would rather not move up.  

Need a safety pretty bad.  Love Branch.  Bjt his lack of RAS score probably takes hi out of consideration for thr Packers.  

I think Ringo moves to safety at some point.  He would be interesting but probably will go before their picks in the 2nd.  

Those are the top two guys on my wish list.

4 minutes ago, MDC said:

Who cares what a couple of poverty franchises like Chicago and Vegas think?

Robert Quinn. 😆

5 minutes ago, listen2me 23 said:

Laporta

Please, God, no!  I'm sick of the Packers drafting Iowa players.

3 minutes ago, Mike Honcho said:

Those are the top two guys on my wish list.

In a perfect world id love both of those TEs as they complement each other.  

Up to Packers what style they want.   They love their huge prospects and Washington may br able to turn into a dangerous blocker with sneaky recieving ability.  Would be a nice puzzle piece.  

Laporta is just the classic pass catcher.  Quick.  

Not sure which of the 2 I would want more.  

3 minutes ago, Hawkeye21 said:

Please, God, no!  I'm sick of the Packers drafting Iowa players.

What do you think of Laporta without leaving your homer glasses on?  Seems impressive to have a solid season of receiving in that offense.  

8 minutes ago, League Champion said:

I like Musgrave for The Pack 

I don't mind him either.  But the 2 I mentioned are my favorites.  Hell I like a lot of these guys.  Strange from Penn State is a good blocker yet can move well.  Hes a bit later but an option.  

Packers need several WRs and TEs to fill out theit roster.  Wouldn't be surprised if they double dipped at either position.   

1 minute ago, listen2me 23 said:

What do you think of Laporta without leaving your homer glasses on?  Seems impressive to have a solid season of receiving in that offense.  

He's a great receiving TE.  Iowa does a fantastic job of developing TEs and it's been proven numerous times.  He's athletic and a great pass catcher that knows how to get open.  He's not as good of a blocker as Kittle and Hockenson but he gets the job done.  He's definitely worth a high 2nd round pick.

3 hours ago, Cruzer said:

Will McClay and Dan Quinn wanted him - they seem to have done pretty well targeting guys on draft day around here. I’ll take my chances with them. 

amd smart, what do you know about smart? Like I said, in arguably NYs biggest/highest pick sense Eli - you imploded, fell on your face all happy with Barkley, even though I told you it was a monumental mistake. Pardon me if I take your draft wisdom with a grain a salt. 

Wow.  Butthurt. I’m sorry man. The cowboys are a fine tuned machine.  

Has anybody ever seen Jalen Carter & Stacy Abrams in the same room?

People are asking...

7 minutes ago, Reality said:

Had anybody ever seen Jalen Carter & Stacy Abrams on the same room?

People are asking...

No. One in the same. In every way.

Steelers are getting trade offers for the first pick in the 2nd. Do they stay put and take Porter or trade ? The offers are most likely for the two remaining top qb prospects.

Carolina Panthers Round 2 Wish List:

1.  CB Joey Porter Jr.

2.  Edge BJ Ojulari

3.  LB Trenton Simpson

4.  WR Josh Downs

5.  TE Michael Mayer

6. S  Brian Branch

1 hour ago, BeenHereBefore said:

Steelers are getting trade offers for the first pick in the 2nd. Do they stay put and take Porter or trade ? The offers are most likely for the two remaining top qb prospects.

I don't think they can take the risk of losing Porter. He's not going to last long at all. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, seafoam1 said:

I hope KC trades out of their first pick. Just leave their fans empty tonight.

It probably wouldn't have been a bad idea, had someone wanted the fifth year option on Levis or someone else.  But I couldn't see them doing that with 150k Chiefs fans who had been standing there waiting for 8 hours for their team to pick.

5 hours ago, League Champion said:

Giants whiffed. They missed out on a WR and Nolan Smith was gift wrapped for them. 

Banks is a nice player and I think he'll be a nice addition but they should of been aggressive and gotten their WR. 

As the most prominent and loyal Giants fan here, I can say with confidence that all are happy in Giants land with the pick and feel fortunate he got to us and it only took late round picks to make it happen.  

2 hours ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Wow.  Butthurt. I’m sorry man. The cowboys are a fine tuned machine.  

Ha, you don’t have the clout to buthurt me - but it’s cute you think you do. 

I owned you on your Barkley pick - maybe focus on getting your own picks right. 

4 minutes ago, Cruzer said:

Ha, you don’t have the clout to buthurt me - but it’s cute you think you do. 

I owned you on your Barkley pick - maybe focus on getting your own picks right. 

I don’t recall the over the top enthusiasm you seem to be saying I had for the Barkley pick. I remember wanting to trade back and still get him. I’m not saying I wasn’t ok with it, but I wasn’t pumping it up. But regardless, I never made a comment about the Cowboys pick. I don’t know why you are acting as if I did. Typical strawman. And you were obviously Butthurt. Still are. 

8 hours ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

I don’t recall the over the top enthusiasm you seem to be saying I had for the Barkley pick. I remember wanting to trade back and still get him. I’m not saying I wasn’t ok with it, but I wasn’t pumping it up. But regardless, I never made a comment about the Cowboys pick. I don’t know why you are acting as if I did. Typical strawman. And you were obviously Butthurt. Still are. 

Meh, whatever - your selective memory is not surprising. Prolly got lost in the millions of post you do daily. 

And get over yourself, thinking you have any clout to make me butthurt. Better stick to your political cat fights, you can be a big fish in that pond. 

5 minutes ago, Cruzer said:

Meh, whatever - your selective memory is not surprising. Prolly got lost is the millions of post you do daily. 

And get over yourself, thinking you have any clout make me butthurt. Better stick to your political cat fights, you can be a big fish in that pond. 

Yeah, you’re not Butthurt. I made a comment, on a message board of all places, that I don’t think it’s a good idea for players to be involved in personnel decisions. And for that you started with name calling and exaggerations. Sorry I caused you to react like that. But why don’t you go ahead and look up what I had to say about Barkley? I don’t have to. But you won’t. So Butthurt and it’s getting worse. 

2 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Yeah, you’re not Butthurt. I made a comment, on a message board of all places, that I don’t think it’s a good idea for players to be involved in personnel decisions. And for that you started with name calling and exaggerations. Sorry I caused you to react like that. But why don’t you go ahead and look up what I had to say about Barkley? I don’t have to. But you won’t. So Butthurt and it’s getting worse. 

Name calling, nobody called you any names. You apparently are the one who’s butthurt. Please feel free to post what you were called. 

4 minutes ago, Cruzer said:

Name calling, nobody called you any names. You apparently are the one who’s butthurt. Please feel free to post what you were called. 

I believe the word stupid or some such variation was tossed about.  Also, this is the place to talk politics. Says so right in the description. Why would you have a problem with that? 

54 minutes ago, League Champion said:

I don't think they can take the risk of losing Porter. He's not going to last long at all. 

That is what I think also unless a trade is way to good to pass on.

3 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

I believe the word stupid or some such variation was tossed about.  Also, this is the place to talk politics. Says so right in the description. Why would you have a problem with that? 

You can’t even recall what it is you claim to have been said. Good grief, at least have a clue about what you’re taking about. 

I’ll help you out - what I said is if you actually believe Micah is the only star player to campaign for his guy on draft night, you’re dumber than the clowns around here… Nobody called you outright anything - just relax. I’ll make note of your sensitivity if it helps. 

2 minutes ago, Cruzer said:

You can’t even recall what it is you claim to have been said. Good grief, at least have a clue about what you’re taking about. 

I’ll help you out - what I said is if you actually believe Micah is the only star player to campaign for his guy on draft night, you’re dumber than the clowns around here… Nobody called you outright anything - just relax. I’ll make note of your sensitivity if it helps. 

Nice spin. I made a comment on an NFL team.   You returned with some personal attacks. Just did it again. Pretty much the description of what Butthurt looks like. 

Just now, Hardcore troubadour said:

Nice spin. I made a comment on an NFL team.   You returned with some personal attacks. Just did it again. Pretty much the description of what Butthurt looks like. 

Again, stop taking about personal attacks and show them - you sound like the story I read that went Wolf, Wolf, Wolf.  

Jalen Carter comes with risk but the upside is landing a game-wrecker for the next 10 years. I get why a mediocre or rebuilding team wouldn’t want to take on that risk. Eagles have a strong locker room and a GM who knows he won’t get fired even if Jalen completely busts. 

I’m glad they took a big swing. :thumbsup: 

7 hours ago, Big Guy said:

......for Daniel Jones

Dak has exactly one more playoff win than Jones. I know it’s been a long 27 years, but ease up. 

2 minutes ago, Cruzer said:

Again, stop taking about personal attacks and show them - you sound like the story I read that went Wolf, Wolf, Wolf.  

I have to quote every post from you to me in this slap fight? Don’t have to. Go read it yourself. 

8 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

I have to quote every post from you to me in this slap fight? Don’t have to. Go read it yourself. 

Whatever you claim was said has to be in the last 3 pages of this thread. It ain’t hard, show us. 

In Texas we have a saying, “All hat, no cattle.”

3 minutes ago, Cruzer said:

Whatever you claim was said has to be in the last 3 pages of this thread. It ain’t hard, show us. 

in Texas we have a saying, “All hat, no cattle.”

Nope. Your Butthurt responses  are there for anyone to see. Sorry I was critical of your favorite team that has been a dismal failure for decades. How about them Cowboys! 

Just now, Hardcore troubadour said:

Nope. Your Butthurt responses  are there for anyone to see. Sorry I was critical of your favorite team that has been a dismal failure for decades. How about them Cowboys! 

Exactly what I thought, you got nothing…. When I make a claim I back it up. Have to admit, I expected more from you - my mistake. 

9 minutes ago, League Champion said:

Many GM’s are cowards. They’d rather make the safe pick if it means they won’t look bad. It’s like coaches who punt on 4th and 4 from the opponent’s 45.

3 hours ago, BeenHereBefore said:

I hope we keep the pick. 

51 minutes ago, MDC said:

Jalen Carter comes with risk but the upside is landing a game-wrecker for the next 10 years. I get why a mediocre or rebuilding team wouldn’t want to take on that risk. Eagles have a strong locker room and a GM who knows he won’t get fired even if Jalen completely busts. 

I’m glad they took a big swing. :thumbsup: 

I agree with this.  

When he is focused in he is the best player in this draft.  I do think at some point he does something stupid or begins to loaf and get in and out of shape.  But even if you get 4 good years of him playing up to his ability and staying straight, it is value to me at that spot.