Sign in to follow this  
BunnysBastatrds

What’s On Tap Tonight

1 minute ago, Fnord said:

:DROOL:

I fukkin love Laphroaig. Maybe my favorite Scotch. Tonight I settled on a 12 yr old Highland Scotch aged in bourbon and sherry casks. Looking forward to it!

My wife can't stand the peaty Islay scotches.  (crazy I know... ) 

Anyways one scotch we found that we both enjoy is Balvenie 14 yr Carribean Cask.

https://www.masterofmalt.com/whiskies/balvenie/balvenie-14-year-old-caribbean-cask-whisky/

7 minutes ago, Fnord said:

I fukkin love Laphroaig. Maybe my favorite Scotch. Tonight I settled on a 12 yr old Highland Scotch aged in bourbon and sherry casks. Looking forward to it!

Hmmm, interesting. I may have to give that a try 

9 minutes ago, League Champion said:

You have to try it. I am not a fan of peanut butter but somehow it mixes insanely well with Whiskey. You can shoot it, sip it or even heat it up, it's great in coffee as well. 

Oh shizz, I never thought about in coffee. That sounds good. I also think it would be good in hot chocolate, the same way I used to drink Malibu before I went to sporting events or parties in high school.

Lagavulin is also spectacular Scotch, the 16 especially.  There was recently a Ron Swanson edition Lagavulin 11 year that was fantastic. I think it was a limited run though, haven't seen it for a while.

1 minute ago, League Champion said:

If you like smoky/peaty scotch then you should love it.  I can understand how some folks can get turned off by it though.

Fuuuuccccckkkkkk.  All this scotch/whiskey talk has got me thirsty.  I'm currently out of Laphroaig so I do believe it's time for a trip to Total Wine.  :banana:

2 minutes ago, League Champion said:

Very heavy on the peet flavor, so if you don't enjoy that, you'll probably be disappointed.  Some of my friends didn't care for it. But it's definitely my bag, baby.

Just now, DonS said:

If you like smoky/peaty scotch then you should love it.  I can understand how some folks can get turned off by it though.

Fuuuuccccckkkkkk.  All this scotch/whiskey talk has got me thirsty.  I'm currently out of Laphroaig so I do believe it's time for a trip to Total Wine.  :banana:

Thank you. I prefer a smoky, leathery Scotch 

33 minutes ago, Fnord said:

I've often thought it would be fun to do a meet up with guys around here that I argue with over politics. I know damn well I'd have a good time with many of you. Next time I'm in the valley I'll definitely be looking up @jerryskids

I just did this the other week with @thegeneral.   When you leave politics at the door you find out how much you end up having in common. 

• Like 3

Just now, DonS said:

I just did this the other week with @thegeneral.   When you leave politics at the door you find out how much you end up having in common. 

For sure. You were one of the guys I was thinking of. We could drink some Scotch,  smoke a spliff and rip through Iron Maiden's entire discography. Sounds like a helluva good time!

14 minutes ago, Fnord said:

For sure. You were one of the guys I was thinking of. We could drink some Scotch,  smoke a spliff and rip through Iron Maiden's entire discography. Sounds like a helluva good time!

Nothing below the waist though. :nono:

34 minutes ago, DonS said:

Yep! Is good to catch up with people IRL. 

DonS is good people, a good Dad, and also enjoys a crisp IPA. 

Despite being a Bills fan and suffering a lifetime of misery he seemed like a super happy guy 😂

I'll let you know what I think of the Skrewball later tonight. 

• Like 1

Same as every other day for the past few months: 2-4 margaritas followed by 4-6 beers.

El Padrino

Real margarita: 3pts tequila, 2pts fresh squeezed lime juice, 1pt simple syrup

Fast margarita: 1-2 fingers Padrino, fill the glass with Cutwater 

2 hours ago, DonS said:

Nice.  What brewery and style are you drinking? 

Local brewery. Had a couple milkshake IPAs. 

So much to comment on here...

2 hours ago, League Champion said:

Dinner at the Chophouse, some Jimmy Red Bourbon, then driving out to the ranch tomorrow to shoot some Hogs and Coyotes, maybe a few Turkey if they dare get in my sights. 

That's a weekend right there fellas. 

I believe that technically we're allowed to shoot coyotes, but basically not within a distance of other properties that is realistic for us Phoenix city dwellers.

2 hours ago, League Champion said:

Look me up if you're ever in SC. I'm a great host, we'll do some offshore fishing, some shooting, whatever you want. It won't cost you a cent, the weekends on me. 

That goes for anyone here except GUTTERBOY, he's not allowed a hundred miles near my kids. 

We're heading to Kiawah Island next Saturday 5/20 for a week.  My inlaws used to have a place there so it is a "blast from the past" trip for my MIL.  Unfortunately I doubt we'll have time to meet but, maybe someday.  :cheers: 

2 hours ago, Fnord said:

I've often thought it would be fun to do a meet up with guys around here that I argue with over politics. I know damn well I'd have a good time with many of you. Next time I'm in the valley I'll definitely be looking up jerryskids

I would totally do that.  Back in the day when I was young, I met a ton of folks from this site, probably 25+.  Of the posters still here somewhat regularly, I've met @Bert@Bier Meister, @TheNewGirl, and @SUXBNME.  All great people and enjoyed every visit.  People of all political points on the spectrum.  

If occasion brings you to Phoenix and you have time, let me know. :cheers: 

2 hours ago, Fnord said:

1 hour ago, DonS said:

I've somewhat lost the taste for single malt these days, but when I do, it is usually a sherry/rum cask aged one.

Back to the question in the OP, I'm not sure what I'm drinking tonight.  Our daughter's graduation party is during the day tomorrow so I'll probably take it easy; we are having chilean sea bass for dinner so I may have some white wine and/or something like a white negroni (gin, Lillet Blanc, Cocchi Americano, quite refreshing).  

32 minutes ago, jerryskids said:

I 've somewhat lost the taste for single malt these days, but when I do, it is usually a sherry/rum cask aged one.

When at Total Wine I saw there is now a Laphroaig 10 aged in sherry casks.  I'm curious how it is but didn't want to fock with perfection so I stuck with the regular version. 

36 minutes ago, jerryskids said:

We're heading to Kiawah Island next Saturday 5/20 for a week.  My inlaws used to have a place there so it is a "blast from the past" trip for my MIL.  Unfortunately I doubt we'll have time to meet but, maybe someday.  :cheers:

Kiawah is beautiful. I'm not far at all. I'm on Hilton Head Island, about 2 hours South of Kiawah. 

3 hours ago, DonS said:

I'll let you know what I think of the Skrewball later tonight. 

@League Champion

Sipping the Skrewball now.  Interesting.  Don't think I'd want to drink it again as it's too sweet for my taste.  Agreed that it would work well in coffee though. :thumbsup:

9 minutes ago, Bier Meister said:

Dang, that looks good.  I originally planned to ask you where you were going, but I had a litany of other things to ask and didn't want it to get lost.  Have fun.  :cheers: 

We're having a Spanish wine night tonight; I'm finishing off a white (Albarino) that we had opened prior to our sea bass.  Just opened a Garnacha red for my wife and my future glasses.  

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, jerryskids said:

Dang, that looks good.  I originally planned to ask you where you were going, but I had a litany of other things to ask and didn't want it to get lost.  Have fun.  :cheers: 

We're having a Spanish wine night tonight; I'm finishing off a white (Albarino) that we had opened prior to our sea bass.  Just opened a Garnacha red for my wife and my future glasses.  

Love Spanish wine…

if you haven’t tried : torrontes, 

• Like 1

On 5/12/2023 at 2:18 PM, seafoam1 said:

Now I see. Guilt got a hold of you. 

Ouch. Does your good friend Jerry know the details?

He claims to be a good friend. So I guess you told him.

Attempted murder and watching Drag Race.

2 hours ago, BunnysBastatrds said:

Attempted murder and watching Drag Race.

So failure. Again.