Sign in to follow this  
The Real timschochet

5th grade teacher in Florida under investigation for showing Disney movie with a gay character; turns in resignation

Just now, Hardcore troubadour said:

It’s ok end of the year if it’s raining, or as a reward. But as with everything on the left, give an inch they take a mile. 

Usually it's as a reward or it's relevant to the class.  That's why I said it's pretty common in most schools in pretty much every state.

You’re right. Public education in the United States is doing great if you take out the math, reading and science. 

It would be nice if our government tried to improve our education but instead we elect terrible leaders that bring it down year after year.

2 minutes ago, Hawkeye21 said:

Usually it's as a reward or it's relevant to the class.  That's why I said it's pretty common in most schools in pretty much every state.

Cant see how a Disney movie is relevant, but whatever. 

1 minute ago, Hawkeye21 said:

It would be nice if our government tried to improve our education but instead we elect terrible leaders that bring it down year after year.

So what government action has resulted in kids not being able to read near grade level in many places? We’re talking reading, not algebra.  How much money is required to get that up to speed? 

1 minute ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

It would be fine as a reward though, right?  You literally just said it and so did I in the post you quoted.

Just now, Hawkeye21 said:

It would be fine as a reward though, right?  You literally just said it and so did I in the post you quoted.

You’re the one that said the movies were relevant. Again, I fail to see how a Disney movie is, but as I said, whatever. 

2 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

So what government action has resulted in kids not being able to read near grade level in many places? We’re talking reading, not algebra.  How much money is required to get that up to speed? 

I don't know.  I'm not on an education bored nor am I in the government.  All I know is that our education system has been struggling.  I think we need to give our teachers more support.

You’re the one that said the movies were relevant. Again, I fail to see how a Disney movie is, but as I said, whatever. 

This is a really weird argument you're trying to make.  Teachers can show a movie that is relevant for the class, like something historical.  Teachers can also show movies that are just for fun as a reward, like a Disney movie.  It can be one or the other and I'm not sure how this is a big deal.

I don't know.  I'm not on an education bored nor am I in the government.  All I know is that our education system has been struggling.  I think we need to give our teachers more support.

Well, they lost some support during Covid and with all this lqbtq garbage. Or are people not allowed to speak about it? I couldn’t be happier with my kids teachers now. I usually give a 50 dollar gift card a the end of the year. I’m bumping it up to 100 this year. 

18 minutes ago, Hawkeye21 said:

Well, HT is all pissy that any movies are shown in the classroom.  I guess he just wants everyone to be as miserable as him.

What a horrible world that would be. 

This is a really weird argument you're trying to make.  Teachers can show a movie that is relevant for the class, like something historical.  Teachers can also show movies that are just for fun as a reward, like a Disney movie.  It can be one or the other and I'm not sure how this is a big deal.

Would you like me to say WHATEVER one more time? 

47 minutes ago, TheNewGirl said:

OOH! OOH! Beauty and Beast glorifies beastiality. 

"OK kids, who's ready for the field trip to Tijuana to watch a donkey show???" 

5 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

There are alot of good stuff in disney movies.  Zootopia you can study biomes and predator prey relationships.  State testing just finished...maybe it was a reward.  

Media in teaching is a great technique.

Todays media driven kid who cant sit and listen to a lecture or take notes may respond well.

You hate teachers we get it.  Carry on.

Would you like me to say WHATEVER one more time? 

We'd like you to delete your account....

or at the very least get some puzzy so you cheer up. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Well, they lost some support during Covid and with all this lqbtq garbage. Or are people not allowed to speak about it? I couldn’t be happier with my kids teachers now. I usually give a 50 dollar gift card a the end of the year. I’m bumping it up to 100 this year. 

Lol,  he is playing with geek money...

25 minutes ago, jonmx said:

The gay character and woke themes was the whole purpose of the selection.  I hope this lady does not teach class by showing movies everyday.  

I could have read the article wrong.   I thought it was more picked because of theme of the movie was environment-related, not solely because she wanted a movie with a gay character.  

Either way, the movie shouldn't be selected or rejected solely because it has a gay character.   As I said, that's where each side is losing their minds. 

5 minutes ago, Cloaca du jour said:

Lol,  he is playing with geek money...

Nope. I appreciate a job well done. I didn’t give shite to the public school teachers during Covid.  They sucked. 

25 minutes ago, GutterBoy said:

If you want to control your kids thoughts, homeschool them, get them away from other kids and technology, and get them into a strict Christian church.

This. Because being around technology and other kids is exactly the same as exposure to topics that are endorsed and supplied by public employees.  You’ve hit the nail on the head.

30 minutes ago, GutterBoy said:

If you want to control your kids thoughts, homeschool them, get them away from other kids and technology, and get them into a strict Christian church.

I don't want to control their thoughts.  I just don't want teachers talking to 10 year olds about sexuality.  I don't understand why that's so offensive.  

And before you tell me it's just a movie and kids are too dumb to get it, the teacher's own words indicate that she thought showing the diversity was important and not being able to do it is ruining everything, so that makes me think she'd be happy to engage in those discussions if one of the kids asked a question.  Then the whole class is sucked into it.

• Like 1

The part I don't get is we keep hearing how it isn't a big deal. 

Great.  If it's not a big deal, stop doing it.

• Like 1

I remember our teacher showed us the movie Watership Down. After we read it and did a book report on it. I doubt that occurred with a Disney movie. The teacher probably put it on and posted on a low trafficked message board while the kids slept through it because they probably saw it 10x before.  

• Confused 1

1 minute ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Nope. I appreciate a job well done. I didn’t give shite to the public school teachers during Covid.  They sucked. 

Because they were untrained in digital instruction??  Having to do a complete 180 to pencil and paper?

Bunch of 40+yr old teachers expected to be top notch with technology..yep..happens overnight.

You crack me up with your karen like expectations.

• Thanks 1

Just now, Cloaca du jour said:

Because they were untrained in digital instruction??  Having to do a complete 180 to pencil and paper?

Bunch of 40+yr old teachers expected to be top notch with technology..yep..happens overnight.

You crack me up with your karen like expectations.

Yeah that zoom stuff is incredibly difficult for highly educated people. 2 x a week for 45 minutes a day. I bet it was exhausting.   

6 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Yeah that zoom stuff is incredibly difficult for highly educated people. 2 x a week for 45 minutes a day. I bet it was exhausting.   

Everyone has computers with attached digital cameras.  Did u think schools were gonna buy em?

Oh wait...facetime on phones!!

Shame on Disney for putting into their movies that crap.  

Im glad that teacher quit.  I wouldn’t allow that to happen to my grandson, he’s homeschooled, school is simply a place for wickedness.m

14 minutes ago, Fireballer said:

This. Because being around technology and other kids is exactly the same as exposure to topics that are endorsed and supplied by public employees.  You’ve hit the nail on the head.

Actually its probably worse.  Being around other kids and being on social media you will learn a hell of a lot more about taboo subjects than from a teacher.

1 minute ago, GutterBoy said:

Actually its probably worse.  Being around other kids and being on social media you will learn a hell of a lot more about taboo subjects than from a teacher.

Much worse than watching a Disney movie in class or any other stupid thing people complain about with our schools.

20 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

I remember our teacher showed us the movie Watership Down. After we read it and did a book report on it. I doubt that occurred with a Disney movie. The teacher probably put it on and posted on a low trafficked message board while the kids slept through it because they probably saw it 10x before.  

Tell us about the day that you had to show them your coloring pages so you could graduate.

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, Cloaca du jour said:

Everyone has computers with attached digital cameras.  Did u think schools were gonna buy em?

My school district did. Pretty sure most of them did as well. 

12 minutes ago, GutterBoy said:

Double down on stupid

There are so many things in disney movies about resillience, overcoming obstacles, keep pushing on...dont quit, be nice, dont be afraid to try etc etc.

4 minutes ago, Sean Mooney said:

Tell us about the day that you had to show them your coloring pages so you could graduate.

I make more than you. Lot of good watching Benji did you.  

13 minutes ago, Cloaca du jour said:

HT is just dumb. When COVID hit in March of 2020 there were far too many teachers, and more importantly- far too many schools ill equipped to move to a more technology based environment. You now had students missing in person instruction, one-to-one instruction, and at the mercy of their Internet connections (if they had them) which is still very spotty in many rural areas. Additionally, you had students trying to do the bare minimum to get by and there was an inability to really discipline students in these settings (Banishment to a breakout box doesn't have the same effect as a couple days detention.)

People were building the plane while they were flying it. Additionally, all the numbers you are looking at now performance wise are based off of COVID data which should be thrown out and scrapped. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

I make more than you. Lot of good watching Benji did you.  

Even if you do (I'm not sure sh!t stirring Arby's employee pays that well but if you say so) you are still a grumpy, miserable, loser who posts almost 24/7 on a fantasy football message board and wishes rape on kids. If this is you happy, seek help. 

• Like 1

I could see having the kids read 1776 or Guadalcanal Diary and then showing those movies. But I doubt a typical Disney movie would fit into those categories. They could show the Lion King and show how the Hyenas went on a crime spree after Scar stole the election. That would be relevant. 

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

11 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

My school district did. Pretty sure most of them did as well. 

Wow are you out of touch in your rich suburban utopia.

4 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

I could see having the kids read 1776 or Guadalcanal Diary and then showing those movies. But I doubt a typical Disney movie would fit into those categories. They could show the Lion King and show how the Hyenas went on a crime spree after Scar stole the election. That would be relevant. 

Lion King is basically the plot of Hamlet- so you could read Hamlet, show Lion King...have students read a comparative analysis.

At elementary school level you could use Inside Out to cover basics of the brain and emotions.

Big Hero 6 could be used to help discuss coding and other STEM items.

Wall-E could be used to teach ideas of conservation

You could read The Jungle Book and then have students watch that. Same with Robin Hood. Lots of elementary schools at Halloween time read Legend of Sleepy Hollow and then show the Disney cartoon with questions about it.

Plenty of ways you can use them despite your inability to think about things. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, GutterBoy said:

I love watching Tardcore Pilot get destroyed.

He's one of the dumbest people I've ever encountered. 

3 hours ago, thegeneral said:

Let’s not talk about Pepi Le Pew or when Bugs Bunny cross dressed.

The Left already cancelled Pepe Le Pew because he was too rapey.  Apparently, showing kids Pepe was going to lead them to become too rapey.  How come showing kids that being trans is ok (as a child), won't convince them to become trans, but watching a skunk try to rape a cat is something they can be convinced of doing?