Sign in to follow this  
GobbleDog

Sleeper RB's - who ya got

Everyone needs RB gems after round 10.

D Harris - RB 38. Harris will score tds that Singletary couldn't. 

D Achane - RB 47. Dolphin's rookie is fast as hell and can catch. Fits right in.

J Ford - RB 57. Undisputed Chubb backup and talented as hell. Can catch too. Hunt 2.0.

R Johnson - RB 59. Some think rookie might overtake Herbert. I'm not as optimistic and it is the Bears, but... longshot.

T Chandler - RB 90. Mattison hasn't locked up the job like everyone thinks. Kid can catch too. Worried Minn offense doesn't use Rb's like old days. Even Cook didn't do much second half.

Who ya'll eyeballing?

Tyjae Spears. Has standalone value, but when Henry gets hurt- League Winner...

• Like 1

Michael Carter

you know, I'm looking and I see a handful of guys on the cusp of RB2/3 rankings (assuming 12 teamer) based on fftoday rankings that I dont mind at their ADP.

any of these players I'd be happy to have as a RB3 if they fall that far (and chances are good that at least one of them will)

James Connor ranked #20 in fftodays RB rankings actually was having a subpar season but came alive after Kyler Murray got hurt and those last few weeks of the season were very good.   Hes not a glamourous name and I wouldnt even be surprised if his ADP is lower than fftodays ranking.   and if that is the case, hes a guy you target as your RB3

Dameon Pierce (fftoday rank #21)   got 900 yards rushing as a rookie and the offense is more potent with the addition of Stroud.   I see a small bump in yards, but the larger bump should be in TD.

Pacheco (fftoday rank #24)  got 830 yards rushing as a rookie and 130 yards receiving.   pretty good rookie season.   and the RB room looks to be less crowded than it was this time last year.   he doesnt even have to improve to hit 1000 yards as the shorter bench likely means more touches even if he plays to the same level.  if he takes a step forward, he could have a real nice season.   I love this kid and if the ADP resembles the fftoday ranking hes a reasonable RB2 selection when the talent thins out and if you can get him as your RB3 you're in great shape.

Dobbins (fftoday rank #25)- this is an Axe Elf Special.  he took him in nearly every draft I saw him post last year, but due to the ACL injury and recovery, he may have jumped the gun, but I do like him a lot this year if his health holds up. if the ADP on this guy matches the fftoday rank, hes likely a buy at this point in the draft.

Miles Sanders (fftoday rank #27)-I also like this guy a lot.   it looks like hes gonna be the bell cow in carolina.  yes, I know they are not a great team, but neither was philly until last season.   they were absolutely terrible.    while Chubba Hubbard has a cool name, hes not a RB who has passed the eye test for me.  I dont think hes anything other than a backup and will go in when Sanders needs a rest.   fftodays current projection is pretty similar (slightly higher)to the numbers Sanders got in Philly the 2 years prior to his breakout last year.  but Sanders only played in 12 games to get those stats on a very bad Philly squad.   so I think there is some upside here as well.

any of these guys I'd be extremely happy to get as my RB3 and a couple I'd be willing to settle as an RB2 (especially in a best ball format where you took a lot of WR early or did a zero RB strategy)

I think all of them have a decent chance of outperforming this ranking.   

I dont know their respective ADP's.  I find ADP data this early in the year is sketchy at best.  so I'd rely more on the fftoday rankings (or whatever other rankings you like to use)

Deuce Vaughan, rookie Cowboys running back.

I see Pollard as an injury waiting to happen, and he's not an every-down back.

Going with names I haven’t seen listed, and I make a mistake and do one that’s already listed, that’s just to bad.  

Gibson 

Singletary 

Charbonnet 

Bigsby

C Brown

P Strong 

Allgier

Not my rankings, but just some names that I like with their current ADP, many others I like have already been listed.  

Nice OP thanks.  

On 7/11/2023 at 10:38 PM, Ray_T said:

any of these players I'd be happy to have as a RB3 if they fall that far (and chances are good that at least one of them will)

Not exactly "sleepers", but here's my ranking and take on your list

1) Dobbins - Late 5th in mock drafts. Think he finishes top 10.

2) Pierce - Costs 4th rounder and probably worth it. Supposedly gets more receptions this year.

3) Pacheco - 6th - 7th in mocks. Weekly stat line: 60 yds, 1 rec, 1/2 td..... that's a 7th rd RB alright. No more - no less.

4) Conner - 5th to late 6th in mocks. Gets bulk of work since Arizona didn't draft anyone. Problem is, Cardinals suck. Decent 6th rd pick given volume.

5) Sanders - late 4th/early 5th in mocks. Didn't do anything in high-scoring Philly, but Carolina is different? Same stat line as Pacheco, with more receptions, less TDs.

Edit - Sanders is slowly growing on me. Predicting a few more td's and rush yards than initially thought. 5th rounder seems reasonable.

21 minutes ago, weepaws said:

Going with names I haven’t seen listed, and I make a mistake and do one that’s already listed, that’s just to bad.  

From the names you listed - I really like Allgier. Proven player on run heavy team. And can be drafted 13th round. I'm mildly interested in Charbonnet, but don't know enough about that situation yet to bank on it - Seattle coach always makes  ya nervous.

The one player on your list I have zero interest in - Singletary. Ultimate J-A-G (just a guy).

On 7/11/2023 at 10:05 PM, gpann101 said:

Michael Carter

Been on my radar too. Back-up to Hall's acl and can catch.

13 hours ago, gpann101 said:

Michael Carter

He is an interesting sleeper. Rodgers loves screen passes and Carter is great at that.

He could have some big plays

Pierre Strong Jr.

Player is explosive, shifty and can catch the ball out of the backfield.

Let's see, I'm thinking of a guy who is a very prolific RB with both rushing and receiving skills that gets injured a lot.  I wonder who will rise up and grab his spot should he miss time???

I see a very easy path for Eric Gray to fantasy football relevance, and nobody ever drafts him not even in best ball!   Ssssshhhhhhh!    

56 minutes ago, Maulers1973 said:

I see a very easy path for Eric Gray to fantasy football relevance, and nobody ever drafts him not even in best ball!   Ssssshhhhhhh!    

First I've heard the name. 5th rounder out of Oklahoma.

Best case Barkley misses time, Gray promotes to 3rd down back as Brieda won't, and gets legit shot as lead horse. Probably no goal line work between Giant's QB and Brieda. Interesting...

However, lots of old Rb's are sitting by their phones right now waiting for a starter to go down. Don't know Giant's cap, but Hunt is cheap.

Rashaad White could be a league winning steal but hopefully they don't add another back. 

Jerome Ford should play a nice roll, as long as Cleveland doesn't add a back as well. If Chubb gets hurt it's on. 

Jaylen Warren? 

A not so deep sleeper, Kendre Miller? 

Zamir White: Depends on the Jacobs contract situation. I would expect them to sprinkle him in a little more regardless. 

I like Miller , but it looks a three way RBBC.  

RB 38 - Brian Robinson   By all metrics was terrible last year, so a discount is fully built into the adp. But maybe too much. Redskins have a new OC from the Chiefs. He's supposedly gonna turn Antonio Gibson into full-time Jerick McKinnon, meaning Robinson could be looking at 250+- carries, as Washington isn't exactly passing very much. Robinson already gets goal line carries.

250 carries might be bold (i actually heard 270), but even if it's only 200+... RB 38 is pick 115, mid 9th round. Value.

I’m still going to pass on Robinson, and target Gibson.  

2 minutes ago, League Champion said:

That's a good one. I totally agree, the volume should keep him pretty relevant. 

I agree. if his ADP is in round 9 (or if he drops into round 10 or later) and you are up to pick, hes a strong candidate.

the rumours have been around that Gibson is to be replaced for a while.   at some point it may actually happen.    it may be a bit of a risk but the potential upside is there and if you whiff on a 9th or 10th round pick it wont make or break your team.

2 minutes ago, Ray_T said:

I agree. if his ADP is in round 9 (or if he drops into round 10 or later) and you are up to pick, hes a strong candidate.

the rumours have been around that Gibson is to be replaced for a while.   at some point it may actually happen.    it may be a bit of a risk but the potential upside is there and if you whiff on a 9th or 10th round pick it wont make or break your team.

I feel like Gibson is a good deep flyer as well, especially in a 20 round best ball. He should catch a few balls

1 minute ago, League Champion said:

I feel like Gibson is a good deep flyer as well, especially in a 20 round best ball. He should catch a few balls

certainly possible.  but the biggest downside is the team is terrible.   if they are moving gibson into more of a pass catching role, he wont be affected as much by the poor team.  he'll be a checkdown on almost every play if the WR cannot get open.

Just finished ESPN 12-team live mock from the two spot... 8th round RB options by espn ranking:

Javonte Williams

Samaje Perine

AJ Dillon

Brian Robinson

Jamaal Williams

Khalil Herbert

Antonio Gibson

Jeff Wilson Jr.

Jerick McKinnon

It's a desert for starting rb's by this point. I've got rookie sleepers, but not with an 8th round pick. Seems like a good place to take a shot on Robinson.

6 hours ago, GobbleDog said:

Just finished ESPN live mock from the two spot... 8th round RB options by espn ranking:

Javonte Williams

Samaje Perine

AJ Dillon

Brian Robinson

Jamaal Williams

Khalil Herbert

Antonio Gibson

Jeff Wilson Jr.

Jerick McKinnon

It's a desert for starting rb's by this point. I've got rookie sleepers, but not with an 8th round pick. Seems like a good place to take a shot on Robinson.

I'm so tempted on Javonte and his new offense. Geez, this season is tough on one keeper.

Tank Bigsby. Jags coaching staff is raving about him.

My favorite guy to be a sleeper as of now is Bengals RB CHASE BROWN. Yeah I know Mixon redid his deal but not sold on him this.year. Even if he plays I think Brown gets plenty of touches. One guy that could emerge is the Raiders RB ZAMIR WHITE. Jacobs didn't get a deal done so not sure if he plays. If he doesn't then I think that White could easily be the next man up.

1 hour ago, Tivoli said:

Agreed. 

10 hours ago, Tivoli said:

"Fantasy expert" I listen to loves Tank.  Expects 3rd round Etiene to disappoint, mainly because no goal line work - Tank's new job.

My fear is even if Tank gets a ridiculous 8 TDs... the other half of 16 games are 50 yds and a cloud of dust. 5 points loses ff games.

Received an email about Fournette, that the Patriots might be interested in him.  

10 hours ago, DocNiner said:

My favorite guy to be a sleeper as of now is Bengals RB CHASE BROWN. Yeah I know Mixon redid his deal but not sold on him this.year. Even if he plays I think Brown gets plenty of touches..

I see Chase Brown available at the end of most mocks, so he's basically free.

It's stunning the Bengals didn't draft any early RBs in one of the deepest RB classes in recent history.  Instead waiting til rd 5 taking Illinois' Chase Brown. Clearly Bengals don't think Mixon is done, despite not looking great last year. Maybe they know something we don't, undisclosed injury or whatever. Regardless, can't imagine 5th round Brown stealing starting job. Mixon will get his 10+ carries, goal-line work and receptions... Brown gets change of pace carries, but that won't amount to much. Might take a Mixon injury to become fantasy relevant.

I’m not so sure that the Bengals don’t think that Mixon better days might already be behind him, but they do know they get him cheaper then they did last season, and that might make it an easier decision to share more of the load with Brown. 

I think Brown for free is a very good pick up.  

On 7/19/2023 at 7:01 PM, weepaws said:

I’m not so sure that the Bengals don’t think that Mixon better days might already be behind him, but they do know they get him cheaper then they did last season, and that might make it an easier decision to share more of the load with Brown

I think Brown for free is a very good pick up.  

Mixon shared the load with Perine last year (210 to 95 carries).  Maybe splits like 60% - 40% this year.  Maybe. Mixon still gets 3rd down work and most goal-lines. 

I prefer sleepers competing to start, get goal lines, or can catch. Brown seems more like an injury lottery ticket.

Mixon had zero juice last season, he certainly looked like a running back on the decline. If Brown can come in and show what he did in college then it may be Mixon who's demoted to a 3rd down back. I'm high on Brown, especially in Dynasty 

On 7/12/2023 at 12:22 AM, GobbleDog said:

From the names you listed - I really like Allgier. Proven player on run heavy team. And can be drafted 13th round. I'm mildly interested in Charbonnet, but don't know enough about that situation yet to bank on it - Seattle coach always makes  ya nervous.

The one player on your list I have zero interest in - Singletary. Ultimate J-A-G (just a guy).

I wonder how that's going to work with Robinson in the mix.

On 7/14/2023 at 1:08 PM, Maulers1973 said:

Let's see, I'm thinking of a guy who is a very prolific RB with both rushing and receiving skills that gets injured a lot.  I wonder who will rise up and grab his spot should he miss time???

I drafted him in the 3rd round of my rookie draft. He is interesting for sure. 

39 minutes ago, Pimpadeaux said:

I wonder how that's going to work with Robinson in the mix.

He’s going to start put behind Robinson in the depth chart, but week one both will get a lot of work, Falcons will be number one in rushing att.  

Just now, weepaws said:

He’s going to start put behind Robinson in the depth chart, but week one both will get a lot of work, Falcons will be number one in rushing att.  

I've read that the Falcons' O-line is ridiculously good. 

26 minutes ago, Pimpadeaux said:

I've read that the Falcons' O-line is ridiculously good. 

they are.  This one reason why so many people are excited about Bijan.   it also helps that Bijan is talented too.  :)

Why is Mattison ranked so low on early rankings? He's the clear No. 1 in Minnesota and will be stepping up into a role that Dalvin Cook was a top fantasy pick just a year ago.

Seems painfully underrated to me.