Tivoli

Breece Hall

2 minutes ago, League Champion said:

I love Breece Hall at his current ADP but I doubt I'll be drafting any other Jet.

I love the player and the way he plays.  I am a fan.  but that injury makes me want to hold off for this year.

in a keeper/dynasty league a rebuilding team can probably get him at a discount with the thought he'd be back to full speed next year and mediocre at best this year.

but in redraft hes not the best candidate this year.   He may start to perform at a better level in the second half of the season but you dont wanna hang your hat on that if you dont have to.

On 7/13/2023 at 1:45 PM, Tivoli said:

If the Jets sign Dalvin Cook will it cut Breece Halls’ FF production in half?

yes.  Probably.

7 hours ago, cmh6476 said:

yes.  Probably.

you sign Dalvin cook and give him the kind of cash you are giving him,  you might as well be telling Breece to take a seat (at least in the early part of the season)

Cook does sometimes get dinged up or hurt late in the year, and that would be the point where Breece may get more work.

6 minutes ago, Ray_T said:

you sign Dalvin cook and give him the kind of cash you are giving him,  you might as well be telling Breece to take a seat (at least in the early part of the season)

Cook does sometimes get dinged up or hurt late in the year, and that would be the point where Breece may get more work.

I dunno, they took Breece pretty high last year (for an RB) and he averaged a whopping 5.8ypc. I think this is still Breece’s backfield as soon as he’s fully healthy.

1 minute ago, IGotWorms said:

I dunno, they took Breece pretty high last year (for an RB) and he averaged a whopping 5.8ypc. I think this is still Breece’s backfield as soon as he’s fully healthy.

well if they thought Breece would be able to take a full workload why wouldnt they spend less money and get a guy like Hunt or Zeke?

Thats my point.

I know how well regarded Breece is.   I love the guy.  but when you throw this kind of cash at another RB the belief is that the guy they threw money at will play.     This tells me Breece isnt ready yet.    at least not for a full workload.

10 minutes ago, Ray_T said:

well if they thought Breece would be able to take a full workload why wouldnt they spend less money and get a guy like Hunt or Zeke?

Thats my point.

I know how well regarded Breece is.   I love the guy.  but when you throw this kind of cash at another RB the belief is that the guy they threw money at will play.     This tells me Breece isnt ready yet.    at least not for a full workload.

I think Dalvin is an expensive insurance policy. But we’ll see

1 minute ago, IGotWorms said:

I think Dalvin is an expensive insurance policy. But we’ll see

And kept him off a division opponent's roster as well perhaps?

6 minutes ago, gridirongoofs said:

And kept him off a division opponent's roster as well perhaps?

well, in terms of playing. 

Dalvin is also on a 1 year prove it deal.   hes gonna run his *ss off. 

the team wont be afraid to run him into the ground.   you know they wont do that with their young stud recovering from ACL surgery.   They dont want to risk re-injury. (at least if they are being smart about it)

this feels like a match in heaven.  

I doubt that Hall will be 100% this season, D Cook was picked up to be the Jets rb1.  Hall is going to be back this season, but he won’t be their rb1 until next season.  Same for J Williams with the Broncos. Imo.  

Breece Hall last year before he was injured had a 53 percent split share.

If you think Cook is going to eat 50 percent, it is gong to be near the same split as last year.

Breece with 50 percent share.  If you see him in the 5th or lower... smash him in.

10 minutes ago, Superdude said:

If you think Cook is going to eat 50 percent, it is gong to be near the same split as last year.

Breece with 50 percent share.  If you see him in the 5th or lower... smash him in.

yeah, 53% while fully healthy dude.  you dont come back from ACL injury and get the same share of the carries.   (at least not at first)

I think its more likely he starts the season with 30% and gradually rises to 45 or maybe 50% by year end.  and only if his knee shows improvement over that time frame.   and thats a very big IF.   Lots of guys require a cleanup procedure within a year of the surgery to remove scar tissue and such.   so its not necessarily a given that you can count on him.

sorry dude.  we will have to agree to disagree on this issue.

48 minutes ago, Superdude said:

Hall won’t be nearly as healthy this season.  

Bad news for D Cook owners.   

Yesterday I traded Kelce for Hall and Dalton Kincaid. (I know ; nobody cares) 12 team dynasty league.  Might be a step back this year but I’m hoping for several years of plug and play from those two.  My other RBs (Mixon, Pierce, Rachaad White) weren’t doing anything for me so far. 

2 hours ago, prisoners said:

Yesterday I traded Kelce for Hall and Dalton Kincaid. (I know ; nobody cares) 12 team dynasty league.  Might be a step back this year but I’m hoping for several years of plug and play from those two.  My other RBs (Mixon, Pierce, Rachaad White) weren’t doing anything for me so far. 

This week moving forward, the coaching staff mentioned they are no longer restricting Hall because of last year's injury. Let's see if what they say is true. Denver this week. Hall could go off. I'm putting him back in in both my dynasty and keeper league lineups. :thumbsup:

Great trade by you. In my dynasty rookie draft this year I traded Pitts for 2 second rounders and got LaPorta and Mingo. Loving LaPorta straight up over Pitts, Mingo we'll see.

How highly would you rate Hall for the rest of this year and also beyond? 

11 minutes ago, frank said:

Well, Cook is on a one year deal. So, if Hall stays healthy through the year, the sky is the limit. I have him in place for two more years at 15% cap and loving it.

This year? I really don't mind having a guy like Cook around. I hate it when my running backs get 20 carries and 5 catches every game unless their name is McCaffrey. Of course you want a lot of touches out of your RB, but I would rather have 14-15 quality carries and and 5-6 catches. I know that's only a difference of like 5, but it adds up over time. Maybe one less series a game? Keep the guy fresh?

Anyway, I'm not sure about this year but to actually hear a coach say they are taking the training wheels off the guy and letting him him rip, that's good enough for me unless we see differently which I guess we will find out come this Sunday. I'm putting him in this week though. If he bombs, then it will be a risk I took and lost. But can Hall really bomb out? That would surprise me. As we know, anything can happen. :dunno: I can only share the way I think about it. 

2 hours ago, frank said:

No pitch count, he’s a low rb1 based on a lack of Qb production.  

On 10/5/2023 at 9:55 AM, weepaws said:

No pitch count, he’s a low rb1 based on a lack of Qb production.  

yep....but this week vs. that Denver defense he should be a juicy RB1 

Cook has not looked impressive at all. Kind of looks toast. Granted the Jets line hasn't been great but there are many teams dealing with line issues around the league and the same line hasn't stopped a limited Hall from having some explosive runs. 

I fell into a few shares of Hall because the ADP was too good to pass up (6th round). If he starts to round into fantasy form, would be a nice bouns

Lol big boom.