Sign in to follow this  
JustinCharge

rank the QBs Tom Brady beat in the Super Bowl

Kurt Warner, Jake Delhomme, Donovan McNabb, Russell Wilson, Matt Ryan, Jared Goff, Patrick Mahomes.

21 minutes ago, JustinCharge said:

Kurt Warner, Jake Delhomme, Donovan McNabb, Russell Wilson, Matt Ryan, Jared Goff, Patrick Mahomes.

Mahomes, Warner, McNabb, Wilson,  Ryan, Goff, Delhomme. 

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, JustinCharge said:

For the record, at w r pr tty good games. Warner had good a good game, horrible coaching and gameplay calling.

Jake D. Had great game but couldn’t go the distance.

Mc Nabb. You toss your cookies on game day, You’ve already lost. Props for playing hur.

Wilson. They lost that because of Carrol. Period!

Matt Ryan. He lost because of his coach also and didn’t have the guts to stick up for hims of and call th plays. 

I don’t know much aboutGoff and Mahones to comment.

12 hours ago, BunnysBastatrds said:

I don’t know much aboutGoff and Mahones to comment.

Mahomes would have 4 super bowl rings already except he ran into Tom Brady twice and lost.  Just the fact that Brady existed has forever altered Mahomes' career into a permanent lower trajectory.

<HT>  Eli Manning doesnt give a fock about this poll.  </HT>

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, patweisers44 said:

nicky foles says hold my beer. the greatest qb that ever lived:pointstosky:

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, patweisers44 said:

💥

49 minutes ago, porkbutt said:

I know math is racist, but 2 is still more than 1. Suck it. 

1 hour ago, patweisers44 said:

Definitely one of the luckiest, crappiest QBs for sure...

I would rank them 1-7.  

3 hours ago, posty said:

Definitely one of the luckiest, crappiest QBs for sure...

You are definitely the most witless and boring stalker of all my stalkers. 

4 hours ago, porkbutt said:

I would put McNabb last. The lack of urgency near the end of the game is still baffling. He's huffing and puffing and just dawdling along. I get that his protection might not have been the best. I also get that the Patriots were clearly mugging the Eagles offensive players too. But it looks more and more like just poor conditioning overall on McNabb's part, and it finally caught up to him. 

Unless one of the Philly homers here has a better explanation for it all. 

Also give Matt Light credit. He's often unheralded in many of those earlier Patriots Super Bowl wins.  

1 hour ago, Blue Horseshoe said:

I would put McNabb last. The lack of urgency near the end of the game is still baffling. He's huffing and puffing and just dawdling along. I get that his protection might not have been the best. I also get that the Patriots were clearly mugging the Eagles offensive players too. But it looks more and more like just poor conditioning overall on McNabb's part, and it finally caught up to him. 

Unless one of the Philly homers here has a better explanation for it all. 

Also give Matt Light credit. He's often unheralded in many of those earlier Patriots Super Bowl wins.  

mcnabb was kinda a dope and reid was notoriously awful at time management during his time with philly.

Mahomes, Warner, Wilson, Ryan, Goff, McNabb, Delhomme 

7 hours ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

You are definitely the most witless and boring stalker of all my stalkers. 

Buckle up, buttercup 🤣🤣🤣

Patriots vs. Rams was ridiculous. The Patriots held the Rams in the defensive backfield on nearly every snap. The refs didn't just swallow their whistles. They shut their eyes and hid. Never should have been close. Warner should have had his second ring and the Rams should have been champions. Beyond that, I don't have any other beef with a Patriot title. 

4 minutes ago, Fumbleweed said:

Patriots vs. Rams was ridiculous. The Patriots held the Rams in the defensive backfield on nearly every snap. The refs didn't just swallow their whistles. They shut their eyes and hid. Never should have been close. Warner should have had his second ring and the Rams should have been champions. Beyond that, I don't have any other beef with a Patriot title. 

plus that whole tuck rule thing :lol:

12 minutes ago, Fumbleweed said:

There is pretty much holding on every play...

2 minutes ago, posty said:

To a degree. Review the game film from that game and get back to me on the excessive nature of it in this case... 

4 minutes ago, posty said:

you probably didn't watch

11 minutes ago, WhiteWonder said:

you probably didn't watch

Honestly I don't remember if I did or not...  Probably didn't...

On 7/17/2023 at 12:00 AM, MDC said:

Mahomes, Warner, McNabb, Wilson,  Ryan, Goff, Delhomme. 

Looks about right.  I'd say Goff and Delhomme are coin flips.

1 hour ago, Fumbleweed said:

:cry:  Marshall Faulk ladies and gentleman!

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Fumbleweed said:

He should've never gotten that first ring, so it evens out.

21 hours ago, edjr said:

:cry:  Marshall Faulk ladies and gentleman!

I am an AFC guy and was slightly rooting for the Patriots in the game. I just believe in fair play. Before commenting, you would have to go back and see the film on the game to truly understand that I'm not making anything up. It was not quite as bad as when the NBA stole a title from the Sacramento Kings, but it's very close. 

10 minutes ago, Fumbleweed said:

I am an AFC guy and was slightly rooting for the Patriots in the game. I just believe in fair play. Before commenting, you would have to go back and see the film on the game to truly understand that I'm not making anything up. It was not quite as bad as when the NBA stole a title from the Sacramento Kings, but it's very close. 

Didn't Peyton Manning/Tony Dungy cry and get the rules changed? 

Patriots played within the rules during the time.

You like the NFL today when no one can play defense against a WR?  I don't

2 hours ago, edjr said:

Didn't Peyton Manning/Tony Dungy cry and get the rules changed? 

Patriots played within the rules during the time.

You like the NFL today when no one can play defense against a WR?  I don't

No, they didn't. That was my point. It was blatant and excessive holding. Again, I have no skin in the game. I grew up a Patriots fan living in the Boston area for several years. By 2001, I was less of fan, but certainly still wanted them to win their first Super Bowl. But, not like that. 

54 minutes ago, Fumbleweed said:

It was blatant and excessive holding....

What the Patriots displayed on the field, before the rule changes to stop the mugging and just outright physical attack on offensive players, was indefensible. The season after SpyGate,  Belichick ordered Brady and the offense to intentionally run up the score, no matter what. So, IMHO, that defined the kind of mindset that Belichick had overall. It was no longer in the "benefit of the doubt" zone. 

Two things can be true at the same time. Belichicks is an excellent head coach, he has real passion for the game, the team is well run, and it's hard to argue with the record of success for a long time. But also Belichick is petty, a cheater and is a historically deficient drafter ( very few executives have had so much autonomy and that length of a draft scorecard to evaluate) 

Robert Kraft is/was on the powerful Network/TV committee that negotiates those huge contracts to broadcast the NFL games. Kraft, Jones, Rooney and Mara/Tisch are simply not treated the same as the other owners. There is a power hierarchy even within the ownership ranks, and that leverage was enough incentive for Goodell to literally burn all the SpyGate tapes. 

3 hours ago, Blue Horseshoe said:

What the Patriots displayed on the field, before the rule changes to stop the mugging and just outright physical attack on offensive players, was indefensible. The season after SpyGate,  Belichick ordered Brady and the offense to intentionally run up the score, no matter what. So, IMHO, that defined the kind of mindset that Belichick had overall. It was no longer in the "benefit of the doubt" zone. 

Two things can be true at the same time. Belichicks is an excellent head coach, he has real passion for the game, the team is well run, and it's hard to argue with the record of success for a long time. But also Belichick is petty, a cheater and is a historically deficient drafter ( very few executives have had so much autonomy and that length of a draft scorecard to evaluate) 

Robert Kraft is/was on the powerful Network/TV committee that negotiates those huge contracts to broadcast the NFL games. Kraft, Jones, Rooney and Mara/Tisch are simply not treated the same as the other owners. There is a power hierarchy even within the ownership ranks, and that leverage was enough incentive for Goodell to literally burn all the SpyGate tapes. 

Ah, 2007. I had the Brady/ Moss combo. Championship. I also made the ballsy move of sitting Brady in week 15. His only bad game. Many people that had him that year lost because of that. I made that swap, for Kurt Warner, at 12:59 on Sunday.