Tivoli

If Rodgers, Mosely and Breece Hall stay healthy, Jets are going to win Super Bowl

Now, if they can get through the first six games(brutal) with a winning record they'll be in great shape.

Jets first six games: Bills-@Cowboys-Patriots-Chiefs-@Broncos-Eagles then bye.

Tough sledding.

54 minutes ago, Tivoli said:

Now, if they can get through the first six games(brutal) with a winning record they'll be in great shape.

Tough sledding.

Hall was placed on the PUP yesterday. Not a good start.

2 hours ago, Tivoli said:

Tough sledding.

That’s a tough first six games, good luck.  

41 minutes ago, weepaws said:

That’s a tough first six games, good luck.  

At least the hardest ones are at home.

3 hours ago, Tivoli said:

Tough sledding.

3-3 at the bye, maybe.

5 hours ago, Tivoli said:

Tough sledding.

3-3 at best 

1 hour ago, seafoam1 said:

It those guys are healthy for most of the year, they will make the playoffs.

Going on the edge.  

They will make the playoffs perhaps, but that's It.

I don't see them unseating the BIlls as division champs, and certainly not the Super Bowl

15 hours ago, polecatt said:

I don't see them unseating the BIlls as division champs, and certainly not the Super Bowl

I dont think anyone here was suggesting they will be superbowl champs.   but I do think they will be better than they were last year.

the key question to ask is how much better will they actually be?

2 hours ago, Ray_T said:

I dont think anyone here was suggesting they will be superbowl champs.   but I do think they will be better than they were last year.

the key question to ask is how much better will they actually be?

The OP did suggest it, look at the title of the thread.  

19 hours ago, polecatt said:

Week 1, Jets are going to crush the Bills.

I like it, getting us all fired up for the season, what else is the truth?

I can definitely see them beating the Bills week one.  That should be a Rodgers A+ game given it's his first game in the Jets uniform.

People will go crazy after that potential win which could set them up for a let down on the road against Dallas which should already be a tough game for them since bad offensive lines don't travel and Dallas has a nice pass rush.

Then they should be 50/50 against the pats week 3.  Chiefs at home might actually be wina me since KC might be on coast mode coming off the Browns, Lions, Jags, and Bears.

At Denver is winnable and Eagles may have been a product of a week schedule last year, so I could see them going 4-2 potentially.

Yes I like it , throwing heat unto the fire.  

Your turn OP.  

The Jets are getting way too much love. There's too many new parts and they haven't won a damn thing yet. They could easily finish in last place in that division. 

10 hours ago, weepaws said:

The OP did suggest it, look at the title of the thread.  

sure, fine.  the homer is on the wagon.  but I dont think anyone else here thinks they are much more than a low to mid range playoff team with an ouside shot at making the championship game.

Rodgers is playing with more talent on offense.   That is something I'll stand by.

The line is better (in my opinion) and they have better receivers.

Fully healthy I think the RB on this team is as good as what Rodgers had in Green Bay but the #1 RB isnt fully healthy.   There are guys they could sign who I think will be able to close that gap.    But I dont know that this is a deal breaker.

I personally predict a wild card playoff game for the Jets this year and if Rodgers gets hot they could even surprise some people.   

Thats as far as I am willing to go with this.

keep in mind, there is always going to be a homer who comes out of the woodwork and predicts a superbowl for their team when they show the first signs of being capable of winning.  That doesnt make it so.

either way, your point is fair based on the title of the thread.

1 hour ago, League Champion said:

The Jets are getting way too much love. There's too many new parts and they haven't won a damn thing yet.

True, but it feels a lot like Brett Favre Jets... nobody knew what to expect - that team over-achieved until playoffs. Could be similar Rodgers. Jets squeak wildcard and then out after game or two. They have a sneaky good defense so Rodgers doesn't have to be superman.

I think the Jets are getting too much love, but I own Breece Hall in a keeper league  and his few games last year before the injury were promising.

If I were a Jets fan i would be pretty pumped up right now.  Defense is solid .

4 hours ago, gridiron whirlwinds said:

his few games last year before the injury were promising.

he looked like he was going to be a stud before the injury.

I think he has a mediocre year this year followed by a big year next season

though he should start rounding into form when it matters (the NFL playoffs) but that likely wont help us for fantasy where the regular season ends week 14. 

If Hall ready to go week one I don’t think he’ll have a mediocre season, he’s a three down rb with Rodgers now at Qb, I think he will have even more success then he had before his injury, but I don’t think he’s going to be fully ready to roll this season, recover will go through this season.  

2 hours ago, weepaws said:

but I don’t think he’s going to be fully ready to roll this season, recover will go through this season.  

I'll take Breece Hall at 80% health over most of the starting RBs in the league. By all reports he's doing pretty well. I'd still cuff him with Michael Carter just in case. 

Not talking most of the Rbs in the league, talking about a late 2nd rd pick in .5 ppr, whose being listed currently as a rb11 in most rankings, Dobbins was 80% last season, and for those who took him, they we’re greatly disappointed. I think if healthy Hall can be a top ten rb this next season, I doubt he’s going to be more then 80% The Whole season, I’ll miss out on taking him and take a rb that’s 100% ready going into the season, Carter is a good option, but I don’t want two Jet Rbs on my ff teams , I can only carry five, plus didn’t the Jets just pick up J Robinson.  

I’ll pass but let me know come December if I’m wrong.  

Thanks. 

4 hours ago, weepaws said:

If Hall ready to go week one I don’t think he’ll have a mediocre season, he’s a three down rb with Rodgers now at Qb, I think he will have even more success then he had before his injury, but I don’t think he’s going to be fully ready to roll this season, recover will go through this season.  

fully healthy hes on my RB1 list (likely mid Range RB1)

but given that hes recovering from ACL surgery hes an RB2 for me.    If that means I dont get him, so be it.   Ive been burned too often in this situation, its just not worth it to me to speculate on this.

Love the player.  love the situation with Rodgers. 

Not loving the injury.

On 7/21/2023 at 7:41 AM, Tivoli said:

Tough sledding.

Rodgers hasn't won anything of significance in a lesser QB conference in over a decade. Roughly the same time the Jets were last making AFC title games under Sexy Rexy. Couldn't even beat the Lions in the final week last season to make the playoffs. 

What makes anyone think that Rodgers is somehow running the gauntlet of Mahomes, Allen, Burrow, Herbert, Lawrence etc and winning a Super Bowl? Maybe he has a newfound chip on his shoulder. Maybe this defense being the best he's had in a while and having comparable weapons on offense to his days with Adams and Jones in GB will give him a boost. 

It's more or less the reason I preferred Carr or Jimmy G over Rodgers. Rodgers is a HOFer, sure, but 2 years of Rodgers and then ?? when this team has a ton of young talent and should have a window of greater than 2 years to win. Plus Rodgers hasn't been a team first guy, although thankfully he is acting the part thus far. Plus don't forget, Jimmy G... in the right system... has navigated a team to the SB much more recently. 

I think it is more likely that the Jets fail to win the division, earn a wildcard, but go on to win a few playoff games and ultimately lose in the AFC Title game. 

On 7/23/2023 at 3:23 PM, League Champion said:

I'll take Breece Hall at 80% health over most of the starting RBs in the league. By all reports he's doing pretty well. I'd still cuff him with Michael Carter just in case. 

You shouldn't want to take anyone at 80% health. That's not how things work in the NFL. 

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, WhiteWonder said:

It's more or less the reason I preferred Carr or Jimmy G over Rodgers. . 

Easy there... rather have Rodgers over Carr, but whatever. Can't argue much.

Noodle arm Jimmy G who faked being a serviceable QB with dump offs to talents like McCaff and Deebo.?. And now plays for the TANKING Vegas Raiders.?.  Not bloody likely.

1 hour ago, GobbleDog said:

Easy there... rather have Rodgers over Carr, but whatever. Can't argue much.

Noodle arm Jimmy G who faked being a serviceable QB with dump offs to talents like McCaff and Deebo.?. And now plays for the TANKING Vegas Raiders.?.  Not bloody likely.

How many dump offs did Jimmy G throw to "McCaff"?  5 games worth in 2022? 

He is a system QB who functioned very well in the 49ers offense whenever under center. Saleh's Jets are built in a similar manner. Very strong defense, a good running system (we saw Carter and Knight do well, not just Breece... reminiscent of next man up in the 49er run game all these years), Wilson > Aiyuk. What the Jets lack is a do it all guy like Deebo and a TE like Kittle. But a healthy Hall is more explosive than anyone the 49ers had on offense prior to CMC. 

Neither player is Rodgers but from a Jets fan perspective, early in the process, you've got two high character team guys who were going to be less expensive and be with the team more than 1-2 seasons... versus weird Rodgers and his darkness retreat, who didn't like helping younger players learn the offense, was going to cost draft capital and more $$. 

Once Carr and Jimmy were off the board, of course I wanted Rodgers because no way I wanted to see the talent get wasted with QB play like we got in 2022.... but now the team needs to really be thinking not just about being all in for 1-2 seasons but how to make sure the window stays open beyond that for all this young talent (Wilson, Hall, Sauce, DJ Reed, Q-Williams, AVT, etc)