Sign in to follow this  
Mungwater

Sean Peyton vs Aaron rodgers

He always has been one of the most overrated unprofessional coaches of all time, but what’s the deal?  Just shut your mouth and coach your shitty team.

• Like 1

probably some broncos players are talking trash about hackett in camp and its about to boil over into the press so Peyton decided to tell his team to shut the f up and that he as head coach will do it himself to take the heat.  basically like Lou Pinella kicking dirt on the ump.

I dislike Sean Peyton, but I also dislike Nathanial Hackett and Rodgers.  They get to play each other fairly early in the year, week 5 or 6 i believe.

Hopefully we get a brawl to break out on the field.

25 minutes ago, JustinCharge said:

probably some broncos players are talking trash about hackett in camp and its about to boil over into the press so Peyton decided to tell his team to shut the f up and that he as head coach will do it himself to take the heat.  basically like Lou Pinella kicking dirt on the ump.

Is this what your "sources" tell you?

The story is that Peyton publicly trashed the guy, calling him the worst coach ever, and Rogers came to Hackett's defense, and Peyton has since apologized.

Not surprising you're clueless as usual on a story, which has already become old news.

🤣

I like to see people speaking how they feel about someone or something, it’s freedom of speech.  

I’m with Aaron on this one.He’s standing up for his coach Not expecting much from him as a Bronco head coach. He phails, he has an excuse. He’ll be canned within three years.

30 minutes ago, weepaws said:

I like to see people speaking how they feel about someone or something, it’s freedom of speech.  

What Peyton said is classless, unprofessional and uncalled for. He and his team don't need this distraction at time when he's trying to reinvent himself. He needs to STFU and coach his team, particularly a QB who underperformed last year. He's got a good team. Now go coach it.

• Like 1

Payton sounded like he was trying to make sure his own players knew that the BS Hackett allowed was no longer going to be tolerated.

4 minutes ago, nobody said:

Payton sounded like he was trying to make sure his own players knew that the BS Hackett allowed was no longer going to be tolerated.

What BS did he allow? 

It was an immature move by Payton.   Rare to see a coach trash another coach like that unprovoked.  

Payton is a classless, cheating, egomaniacal piece of human filth. I don't know what game he's playing with his statements, but there is zero doubt it revolves around whatever will make him look good.

That said, Aaron Rodgers isn't much better. When these teams meet I'll be rooting for the asteroid.

40 minutes ago, Fnord said:

Payton is a classless, cheating, egomaniacal piece of human filth. I don't know what game he's playing with his statements, but there is zero doubt it revolves around whatever will make him look good.

That said, Aaron Rodgers isn't much better. When these teams meet I'll be rooting for the asteroid.

Matthew 7:1-3

1 Judge not, that ye be not judged.

2 For with what judgment ye judge, ye shall be judged: and with what measure ye mete, it shall be measured to you again.

3 And why beholdest thou the mote that is in thy brother's eye, but considerest not the beam that is in thine own eye?

Amen

•  

18 hours ago, Pimpadeaux said:

Is this what your "sources" tell you?

The story is that Peyton publicly trashed the guy, calling him the worst coach ever, and Rogers came to Hackett's defense, and Peyton has since apologized.

Not surprising you're clueless as usual on a story, which has already become old news.

🤣

no its from playing sports and watching sports and regularly seeing coaches take the heat for their players.  obviously youve never played sports.

2 hours ago, Fnord said:

That said, Aaron Rodgers isn't much better

I think he's bat shizz crazy but by all accounts he's not a bad dude. Your hatred for Rodgers is obviously political. 

Payton was waaaay out of line. I have zero respect for him as a man. 

9 hours ago, listen2me 23 said:

What BS did he allow? 

It was an immature move by Payton.   Rare to see a coach trash another coach like that unprovoked.  

Same thing all poor leaders do.  Set a standard of no accountability.

11 minutes ago, nobody said:

Same thing all poor leaders do.  Set a standard of no accountability.

Are you sure Hackett did that?  Or arw you guessing?

Maybe Hackett is an awful HC.  But every player in GB loved him as OC. There was a report that Russ lost locker room morethan Hackett when they were struggling.  

Either way it is a weird thing for Payton to say randomly.  He got the job.  People swoon over him.  He is setting an example for his team by randomly trashing the guy that lost his job that gave him the opportunity?  Alrighty.  Thats leadership.   

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Mungwater said:

He always has been one of the most overrated unprofessional coaches of all time, but what’s the deal?  Just shut your mouth and coach your shitty team.

Yeah…most overrated coach who created and coached Brees who set many records and coached Brees into the HOF. 

Won many playoff games and a Super Bowl that ranks in the top ten ever played. Bill Parcell said he is one of the greatest offensive football minds to Ever coach. You’ll probably counter with bountygate. Lott is quoted as saying “He took the fall for decades of defensive presumed sins so Godell could change the game forever and make it ninny’s football league. And I notice the MNF team has recently stopped doing thejacked Up segment. Irony.”
l

1 hour ago, League Champion said:

I think he's bat shizz crazy but by all accounts he's not a bad dude. Your hatred for Rodgers is obviously political. 

Payton was waaaay out of line. I have zero respect for him as a man. 

Oh FFS. No, my disdain for Rodgers has nothing to do with politics.  He's a whiny-ass little bltch. And I'm a Vikings fan. Fuk him.

4 hours ago, Fnord said:

What’s sad is you’re an ignorant sh!thead who regurgitates the sad talking points from a decade ago and like most haters, of anyone in sports, you’re boring and and bring ZERO intelligent discussion. Go biotch about nothing to your significant other. Im sure they don’t listen either.

1 hour ago, Fnord said:

Oh FFS. No, my disdain for Rodgers has nothing to do with politics.  He's a whiny-ass little bltch. And I'm a Vikings fan. Fuk him.

Did this hurt??? The Miracle in Minnesota hurt. But not nearly as bad this one did for you Vikings queers baits, the land of a thousand phat broads.

4 hours ago, listen2me 23 said:

Rodgers broke a lot of people 

He didn't listen to Steve Young. Young told him to not let Favre's abuse for all those years take control and make him bitter at everyone. But that's what happened. Also the bizarre public statements of paid beards in Olivia Munn and Shailene Woodley about their "sex life" with Rodgers is just plain sad. We've reached John Travolta level cognitive dissonance here. No one would hate Rodgers for being himself and living his life the way he wants to live it. It's 2023 and modern America is far different from when he was drafted. 

To be fair, by all accounts, Favre's private abuse of Rodgers was seen as some of the most vile stuff anyone has seen in the entire league ever. 

4 minutes ago, BunnysBastatrds said:

Did this hurt??? The Miracle in Minnesota hurt. But not nearly as bad this one did for you Vikings queers baits, the land of a thousand phat broads.

Damn, that's stiff. But not as stiff as January 21st, 2018 when the Eagles whipped the Vikings enroute to Superbowl victory. 

Looks like I touched a nerve. Sorry that you're a Saints fan, Bunny. I actually have always like the Saints, right up until we found out what a colossal POS their head coach and DC were. If the NFL was college football, that one sorry stolen superbowl win you managed to cheat your way into would have been vacated. Luckily you get to keep it. At least Drew Brees was a class act, you'll always be able to hang your bunny ears on his greatness. Just not that waste of humanity Sean Payton. Classless. Ass hole.

2 minutes ago, League Champion said:

Damn, that's stiff. But not as stiff as January 21st, 2018 when the Eagles whipped the Vikings enroute to Superbowl victory. 

That didn't hurt. Honestly, as a Vikings fan, getting shellacked in the playoffs is pretty much an expectation. Just about every other team in the NFC has done it at least once. But not the Saints. They only got that one playoff win against the Vikes. The one they cheated to get. Otherwise the Vikes make a habit of embarrassing the Saints in the playoffs.

7 minutes ago, Fnord said:

That didn't hurt. Honestly, as a Vikings fan, getting shellacked in the playoffs is pretty much an expectation. Just about every other team in the NFC has done it at least once. But not the Saints. They only got that one playoff win against the Vikes. The one they cheated to get. Otherwise the Vikes make a habit of embarrassing the Saints in the playoffs.

Was Peyton wrong about his assessment of Hackett poor coaching of the Broncos last season? I think it was horrible.  I like freedom of speech.  I just hope Payton doesn’t  back track, now that would be wrong.  

26 minutes ago, BunnysBastatrds said:

How does it feel knowing that your team is such a miserable collection of poosays and losers that the Vikings, a team that historically never wins shlt, completely fukin owns your boys in the playoffs? Except the time you cheated, of course. 

23 minutes ago, Fnord said:

How does it feel knowing that your team is such a miserable collection of poosays and losers that the Vikings, a team that historically never wins shlt, completely fukin owns your boys in the playoffs? Except the time you cheated, of course. 

😁🙃👻🐊🤟🏿😘

50 minutes ago, weepaws said:

Was Peyton wrong about his assessment of Hackett poor coaching of the Broncos last season? I think it was horrible.  I like freedom of speech.  I just hope Payton back track, now that would be wrong.  

Payton better fix Russ or he's the biggest load on the planet. 

1 hour ago, Blue Horseshoe said:

He didn't listen to Steve Young. Young told him to not let Favre's abuse for all those years take control and make him bitter at everyone. But that's what happened. Also the bizarre public statements of paid beards in Olivia Munn and Shailene Woodley about their "sex life" with Rodgers is just plain sad. We've reached John Travolta level cognitive dissonance here. No one would hate Rodgers for being himself and living his life the way he wants to live it. It's 2023 and modern America is far different from when he was drafted. 

To be fair, by all accounts, Favre's private abuse of Rodgers was seen as some of the most vile stuff anyone has seen in the entire league ever. 

What now? Favre is undoubtedly a POS but the old veteran QB being mean to his would-be replacement is pretty standard stuff 

1 hour ago, Blue Horseshoe said:

I understand why Rodgers is weird/unlikable.

Just amused me that everyone comes in and agrees Payton is being a dbag and that was out of line.  Yet has to throw in (but I hate Rodgers too)

Broken

20 minutes ago, listen2me 23 said:

I understand why Rodgers is weird/unlikable.

Just amused me that everyone comes in and agrees Payton is being a dbag and that was out of line.  Yet has to throw in (but I hate Rodgers too)

Broken

It's just better not to criticize other players and coaches in public if you are still in the league. I agree with that part the most. Whether or not the other person deserves it is not relevant to me. 

For example, for as much crap as Mark Sanchez got in public, sometimes from his own teammates and former teammates, he'd often respond with "He has a right to feel as he wants to feel. I wish him a great season" 

This was a long time ago, but Ray Allen made some public comments about someone else's contract when he was with the Heat and that caused him all kinds of problems. Conversely Carmelo Anthony criticized Jeremy Lin's contract with the Rockets and no one said anything. Because racism against Asians is openly tolerated and such. 

I suppose the one exception I would make is when Skip Bayless kept calling Chris Bosh as "Christina Bosh" in public. And Bosh said you can criticize me all you want, I'm in the public eye, but please don't disrespect my family name. And Bayless wouldn't stop. And Bosh was 100 percent correct. That's an attack on his entire family line and too far. That was one instance where Bosh, if he punched Bayless in the face, I would have supported that. 

Also JJ Stokes. Bill Romanowski spit in his face. Right in his face. And he took it. On MNF. And while his franchise, coaches and teammate all said that Stokes did "the right thing" in public, you know in private they hated him for it. Despised him. Again, punch the guy right in the face. 

IMHO, this is a situation where the owner has to step in. Speak up and cut Payton down, so as to relieve his players and coaches from eating that burden. While lots of people hate Mark Cuban, I kind of like the guy sometimes. Because he'll do that. He'll step out in front of other people for his team, right or wrong. 

I don't think Rodgers should have said anything. I don't think Payton should have said anything. Keep your grudges on the field. I dislike them both. Then again, it's shorter list of people I like period in professional sports. 

I'm no homer, I dislike everyone just about equally. 

40 minutes ago, IGotWorms said:

What now? Favre is undoubtedly a POS but the old veteran QB being mean to his would-be replacement is pretty standard stuff 

Very unusual situation. Rodgers was drafted under the previous system for rookies, where teams are more control over players for longer who were first round picks. He spent three years on the pine, only getting into 7 total games and completing only 35 passes. That kind of apprenticeship is unheard of in today's time. Even Steve McNair's two year of mentorship and seasoning as a rookie was seen as excessive. Again, in a previous salary system. 

Three years of pure torture. By someone seen as basically a living football God in Cheese Head Town. 

At least when Steve Young was on the pine, the 49ers were perpetual contenders and even won some Super Bowls. 

As time goes on, it's not hard to figure out the hot button that Favre likely pushed again and again. "How is your roommate Kevin doing? You guys share everything right?"

1 hour ago, League Champion said:

Payton better fix Russ or he's the biggest load on the planet. 

He’s already a big one, even before what he said, but again I think he is right, that offense was awful.  

I think Peyton already has a pretty good ideal that he can help Russ improve before he said the truth.  

I don't think it's out of line to say people who did a shìtty job did a shìtty job.  Especially when you have to come in and clean up the mess.  

Oh, he hurt Hackett's feelings?  Good.  Coach better next time.

2 hours ago, nobody said:

I don't think it's out of line to say people who did a shìtty job did a shìtty job.  Especially when you have to come in and clean up the mess.  

Oh, he hurt Hackett's feelings?  Good.  Coach better next time.

In 1988, right before the World Series was going to kick off, the A's designated hitter, Don Baylor, started ripping Dodger's relieverJay Howell.  Baylor played for the Angels for a long time, so maybe there was local bad blood or something. It was a long time ago. 

The A's had just had it's third young heralded player in a row win Rookie Of The Year. In 88, it was Walt Weiss. In 87, It was Mark McGwire. In 86, it was Jose Canseco. The media went to all three of those young guys and kept pestering them about what Baylor said. Baylor tried to defend himself by saying he said it all to draw attention AWAY from the young players. But he was an idiot and only made it worse. 

Sandy Alderson, the GM, and Tony LaRussa, the manager, both called Baylor out for that BS. It was unneeded. Every time you drag out some useless crap and drag it into the media, everyone in the franchise gets asked stupid questions about the stupid incident. 

Same with Favre. Is he going to retire or not retire. Drove the Packers nuts. Drove other players nuts. Drove the GM and coaches nuts. Media wouldn't back off. 

Same with Poppovich ( except he gets a pass because he's an unhinged liberal) when he talks about current politics and spouts off. His young players are asked about what they think about his non basketball comments. 

Payton just put his entire roster, his franchise, his owner, all the coaches, everyone on the media hot seat. Now everyone who has ever played for Hackett has to get asked all kinds of stupid questions as well. 

Same issue with Michael Sam. Do you need that kind of media firestorm all the time, non stop, for a player with the practical skill set of a homeless man's version of Sam Acho? 

How does this help the team win actual football games? It doesn't. It's another distraction.