Sign in to follow this  
GutterBoy

Smoking meat

4 minutes ago, GutterBoy said:

6 month timeout thanks to EternalRat.  I'll dig up the chili recipe for you.

Thank you, sir. 

3 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Missed your insight into the Giants off season. 

Loved it.  Best move was bringing in Bricillo.  Having a real OL coach plus adding some veterans will turn us into an average line which is all we need.  We got the spark plug in offense in Nabors that we havent had since OBJ.  Got the big splash FA that I told you we were gonna make this year with Burns.  High hopes for next season.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, bostonlager said:

Thank you, sir. 

2-3 pounds Ground Chuck (80/20)
1 Med Onion, chopped
4 cloves Garlic, chopped
1 can diced tomatoes, water drained
12 oz Lager Beer
6 oz Tomato paste
1 16oz can Kidney Beans
4 tbs. Chili powder
2 tbs. ground cumin
1 beef bullion cube
2 tsp. Oregano
2 tsp. Paprika
2 tsp. Sugar
2 tsp. cornmeal

Use cast iron pot if you have it.  Sweat the onion in some olive oil.  Dump the ground beef on top after a few mins and continue sweating with lid covered for a few minutes.  Crank up heat to start browning beef.  Add garlic, diced tomatoes, paste, ,mix.  Dump beer, mix.  Add the spice mixture except for the cornmeal.  Bring to boil, stir to mix.  Lower to simmer, add beans and cornmeal.

2 things, there's no chilis, what the fock.  Yeah I made this so my kids could eat it, so there is no spice.  Now that they're older I will buy rotel instead of diced tomatoes, or I'll chop up some serranos to add with the onions.  also beans, yeah it's got beans, you don't want beans, don't add them, and go suck your own d1ck.

I used to serve this over egg noodles, topped with grated cheddar and sour cream, kids loved it.  I eat it plain with ghost pepper sauce added.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, GutterBoy said:

1 Med Onion, chopped
4 cloves Garlic, chopped
12 oz Lager Beer
6 oz Tomato paste
1 16oz can Kidney Beans
4 tbs. Chili powder
2 tbs. ground cumin
1 beef bullion cube
2 tsp. Oregano
2 tsp. Paprika
2 tsp. Sugar
2 tsp. cornmeal

Use cast iron pot if you have it.  Sweat the onion in some olive oil.  Dump the ground beef on top after a few mins and continue sweating with lid covered for a few minutes.  Crank up heat to start browning beef.  Add garlic, diced tomatoes, paste, ,mix.  Dump beer, mix.  Add the spice mixture except for the cornmeal.  Bring to boil, stir to mix.  Lower to simmer, add beans and cornmeal.

2 things, there's no chilis, what the fock.  Yeah I made this so my kids could eat it, so there is no spice.  Now that they're older I will buy rotel instead of diced tomatoes, or I'll chop up some serranos to add with the onions.  also beans, yeah it's got beans, you don't want beans, don't add them, and go suck your own d1ck.

I used to serve this over egg noodles, topped with grated cheddar and sour cream, kids loved it.  I eat it plain with ghost pepper sauce added.

Is there any other liquid other than beer?

Just now, Alias Detective said:

Is there any other liquid other than beer?

No

• Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, GutterBoy said:

Loved it.  Best move was bringing in Bricillo.  Having a real OL coach plus adding some veterans will turn us into an average line which is all we need.  We got the spark plug in offense in Nabors that we havent had since OBJ.  Got the big splash FA that I told you we were gonna make this year with Burns.  High hopes for next season.

Burns wasn’t a FA. 

6 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Burns wasn’t a FA. 

They signed him to a long term term but had to trade since he was franchise tagged.  It was the first big FA signing they had planned since fixing the cap the past 2 years.

• Confused 1

Can't remember if I....

"The key to smoking large cuts of meat lies of course in finding big enough rolling papers."

Did wings for mothers day, in the rain, came out great anyway.

Dry rub of salt, brown sugar, paprika, granulated garlic.  Smoked at 275 for 90 mins, cranked to 350 for 30 minutes.

Burns wasn’t in the same market as fellow DE Hassan Reddick. 🤡 

Just now, MDC said:

Burns wasn’t in the same market as fellow DE Hassan Reddick. 🤡 

No he wasn’t The giants had to give up a high second to get him and a bigger contract. The jets did neither. Riddick is on the last year of his deal. You a finance guy too?

5 hours ago, GutterBoy said:

They signed him to a long term term but had to trade since he was franchise tagged.  It was the first big FA signing they had planned since fixing the cap the past 2 years.

Can he play QB?  😮 

3 hours ago, Maximum Overkill said:

Can he play QB?  😮 

He's doesn't need to.  We have 2 QBs and if they all suck we get shadeur next season.

2 minutes ago, GutterBoy said:

He's doesn't need to.  We have 2 QBs and if they all suck we get shadeur next season.

I don't expect them to suck that bad. They'll be just bad enough to waste another draft pick on another skill player and still have no QB. 

That's how they do. 

Smoked a meatloaf and homemade mac and cheese for mothers day. Turned out better than I was expecting 

51 minutes ago, shorepatrol said:

Smoked a meatloaf and homemade mac and cheese for mothers day. Turned out better than I was expecting 

Yeah the Smokehaus recipe for meatloaf is great.

malcolm reed mac and cheese (youtube) is my go to. Everyone loves it

6 hours ago, GutterBoy said:

Did wings for mothers day, in the rain, came out great anyway.

Dry rub of salt, brown sugar, paprika, granulated garlic.  Smoked at 275 for 90 mins, cranked to 350 for 30 minutes.

How many wings?

11 hours ago, GutterBoy said:

1 Med Onion, chopped
4 cloves Garlic, chopped
12 oz Lager Beer
6 oz Tomato paste
1 16oz can Kidney Beans
4 tbs. Chili powder
2 tbs. ground cumin
1 beef bullion cube
2 tsp. Oregano
2 tsp. Paprika
2 tsp. Sugar
2 tsp. cornmeal

I need to try this. I've been making Texas chili for a long time, and I've used a mix of smoked brisket and ground beef and some of the same ingredients her but no beans. Also, masa for thickening.

If I remember correctly, for the chili cookoffs you've done, your recipe included coco powder. Why did you remove that?

12 minutes ago, Pimpadeaux said:

I need to try this. I've been making Texas chili for a long time, and I've used a mix of smoked brisket and ground beef and some of the same ingredients her but no beans. Also, masa for thickening.

If I remember correctly, for the chili cookoffs you've done, your recipe included coco powder. Why did you remove that?

The coco powder cuts down on the heat.  There is no heat with this one.  The recipe with Coco powder came in dead focking last that year.  I tried everything for years, smoked brisket, ground beef, smoked chuck roast. Ive tried every herb, wing sauce, soy sauce, fish sauce, you name it.

Once I won that cook off with that recipe, that was it.

23 minutes ago, GutterBoy said:

The coco powder cuts down on the heat.  There is no heat with this one.  The recipe with Coco powder came in dead focking last that year.  I tried everything for years, smoked brisket, ground beef, smoked chuck roast. Ive tried every herb, wing sauce, soy sauce, fish sauce, you name it.

Once I won that cook off with that recipe, that was it.

Imma make it. 

:thumbsup: