Sign in to follow this  
justforbeer

Jeff Wilson on IR- MOSTERT A #1RB?

There’s rumblings that Jeff Wilson may not come back till late in the season if at all. If that’s the case, Mostert is you’re number one running back this year.

What do you think his value is?

Mostert is a fockin beast when he plays, but he’s always hurt.

So basically he’s got RB1 value for like four games.

Who is it after that? Achane is too small for every down work, no?

Who are Salvon Amed and Chris Brooks?

Looks like he was 26th in total points .5 ppr last season, he was 33rd in avg.  And that was sharing time with Wilson most of the season. 

If he can stay healthy, I would say rb2.  With the News of J Wilson he’s now on my low rb2 radar, 14 team .5.  

Dang. My Fish are falling apart before the season even starts. Usually we wait til mid season.

The only Dolphin Rb I wanted before this was Achane. Now I want him more, but this certainly gives 31 yo Mostert more value as he looked good last year. Mostert probably has solid starts early since he'll get Wilson's goal line carries (Tua sure as hell isn't running any - not even from 1 inch line).  But as Achane acclimates, Wilson maybe returns, and/or Mostert suffers one of his typical injuries... there's risk, but his adp is so low he's basically free so why not.

32 minutes ago, GobbleDog said:

Dang. My Fish are falling apart before the season even starts. Usually we wait til mid season.

The only Dolphin Rb I wanted before this was Achane. Now I want him more, but this certainly gives 31 yo Mostert more value as he looked good last year. Mostert probably has solid starts early since he'll get Wilson's goal line carries (Tua sure as hell isn't running any - not even from 1 inch line).  But as Achane acclimates, Wilson maybe returns, and/or Mostert suffers one of his typical injuries... there's risk, but his adp is so low he's basically free so why not.

well, Archane now has an easy path to more carries.

Mostert has always had good stats relative to how much he plays.    his problem is when you ramp up his usage he nearly always gets injured.   To that end, I dont know that you can count on him getting all the carries now that Wilson is gone.   I think this now becomes a time share with Archane if he is up to the task.

the other possiblity is that Mostert gets all the carries and gets hurt like he usually does.  then Archane gets all the carries.   so you should buy Archane right?      Hold your beer.   

to complicate matters, the Phins have been rumoured to be in the free agent market all pre season.   this leads me to believe they are not super happy with any of the RB on the roster currently.    while most of the free agent RB's are gone, there are still a couple left and if they sign one this either becomes their backfield or this becomes a 2 or 3 headed monster (again)

so while I do like Archane more than I did before this news came out, I dont know that I'd go out and increase the price I'd pay for him.   hes still a late round dart throw.  but maybe slightly more attractive one than he was last week.

16 minutes ago, kilroy69 said:

.Mark it. Hunt is almost sure to be a dolphin 

I would've thought so too, but I'm beginning to wonder if Hunt has anything left. He's worked out for the Saints, Colts, and Vikings... no offers. The Browns let him walk which either means they think he's not worth it, or they love their new back-up Jerome Ford.  If Hunt doesn't sign with anyone, then it would appear he's washed.

:dunno:

Hunts style would be a good fit with the Dolphins. 

KHUNT’S style is getting arrested. Adding him would be foolish.

Leonard Fournette or James Robinson are a couple of names.

I think this is Mostert’s opportunity. You could be a top 20 running back this year.

5 minutes ago, wolves111 said:

Fournette still out there as well 

I think Fournette's career is officially over.

48 minutes ago, kilroy69 said:

.Mark it. Hunt is almost sure to be a dolphin 

that was kind of my thought as well.  he has to land somewhere, and this is a team in need.

Mostert has never shown the durability of a lead back.  And he's going into his age 31 season, which is on the wrong side of the RB wall.  If they increase his usage very much at all from what it was last year, highly likely that he ends up on the injured list again.

5 minutes ago, WR Guru said:

Mostert has never shown the durability of a lead back.  And he's going into his age 31 season, which is on the wrong side of the RB wall.  If they increase his usage very much at all from what it was last year, highly likely that he ends up on the injured list again.

Why should we listen to you.  you only know about WR and this is a discussion about RB.

just joking of course.  had to make a comment on your name.   but not a thing you have said is incorrect.

Durability is an issue with Mostert, that’s why they need to pick up Hunt.  

57 minutes ago, weepaws said:

Durability is an issue with Mostert, that’s why they need to pick up Hunt.  

they might start him and see what they have in their rookie RB Archane before bringing Hunt in.

RB's selected in round 3 do sometimes develop into starting calibre players.   I dont know how Archane has looked in pre season.  if hes looked good the team may want to take him for a spin to see what he can do before signing someone

27 minutes ago, Stryker Ryker said:

Arachne needs to be rostered cause he will still get work with Mostert and when he goes down then you got this guy 

you are probably right.   but there are 2 ways to approach this:

1) keep him on your roster for week 1 (just in case he blows up right away)

or 

2) if your roster is full, you put him on your watch list and pick him up if he shows signs of being a player.

problem in miami is the RB situation is not ideal.   and the possibility that they just may suddenly take the plunge and sign Kareem Hunt really dampens any excitement I have about anyone on the roster currently.

the difference now(for me)  is they are probably a buy at their ADP where before I would wait til they are going later than their ADP to get them.    

for RB I do typically try to grab a low cost, low floor/high upside player late in my draft or auction and hes now on the list of 3 or 4 guys I will try to get. If I get him and he doesnt show anything in the first couple games   he likely gets dropped for another guy who shows some signs of a possible breakout.   If I dont get him, he fits into category 2 where I watch him and may buy using FAAB if he shows signs of value.

Hasn’t Arachne been going through injury issues during the preseason? 

12 minutes ago, weepaws said:

Hasn’t Arachne been going through injury issues during the preseason? 

Hurt his shoulder, but supposed to be ok.

Thanks.  

The Brownies let Khunt walk because they prefer RBs who can actually break tackles…

4 hours ago, justforbeer said:

KHUNT’S style is getting arrested. Adding him would be foolish.

Leonard Fournette or James Robinson are a couple of names.

I think this is Mostert’s opportunity. You could be a top 20 running back this year.

Pats dumped Robinson after getting one look at him

2 minutes ago, IGotWorms said:

Giants did also. 

1 minute ago, IGotWorms said:

The dreaded achilles wrecked him.

4 hours ago, GobbleDog said:

He’s 28, he definitely could come in to be a goal line back

The question wasn’t if there’s going to be a Nother running back signed I think it’s more about Mostert and what he could do with this opportunity.

I think he’s definitely an RB2 with the potential of top 10 chances. 

Quarterbacks not taking any goal line work either. 

4 minutes ago, justforbeer said:

He did not look good last year. Particularly down the stretch. 3.5 ypc average on the year. His final game with 10 carries... 2.8 ypc.

It's over Johnny.

4 hours ago, justforbeer said:
9 hours ago, GobbleDog said:

he is also coming back from a Lis Franc injury.    That injury is terrible for RB's.   especially if surgery is needed.   usually surgery on this injury means your career is likely done.  I'd say far better than 50% chance the career is over if surgery is needed.

if rest and rehab only...... the odds of a recovery are better.   but there is still a good chance he will never be the player he was.   and given his playing weight, I'd say the odds are greatly against him.

The Lis Franc area is a part of the mid foot.  nearly every nerve, tendon, muscle in the foot goes through that part of the foot as well as a few small bones.   an injury there will significantly affect the burst, the power and the ability to move laterally.   it affects nearly everything a RB needs to do to be successful.    and because that part of the foot supports the whole weight of the player, the larger the player is, the lower the chance of recovering from this type of injury.   the other issue is the injury will often come back after it has healed.

If signing a player with his condition, I'd do a very thorough medical as well as a tryout to make sure he can still play.

he has had a number of meetings with teams and all have passed on signing him.   I am certain the injury has scared some teams away.

I do hope he can come back from this terrible injury but I'm skeptical.

3 hours ago, Gepetto said:

Mostert is a great running back; I'm going to target him as my RB4.

4.9 yards per rush last season, and with those two WRs getting the ball down to the goal line, he’s going to get rushing Tds.  No way will the team risk having Tua run them in.  I would agree.  

We know the deal with Mostert.

He's an excellent little RB with big play ability and capable of big games as much as anyone.

However, he's only capable of a few touches a game before he gets worn down.

If he's the #1 RB and they give him the workload like he is, he'll be on IR too by week 4

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Gepetto said:

Mostert is a great running back; I'm going to target him as my RB4.

7 hours ago, weepaws said:

4.9 yards per rush last season, and with those two WRs getting the ball down to the goal line, he’s going to get rushing Tds.  No way will the team risk having Tua run them in.  I would agree.  

Agree here, especially with with Wilson on the shelf and an undersized rookie as his RB team.  I swooped him late for $5 last night in an auction as RB4 (behind Pollard, A Jones, R White).  Maybe he hits and can be a solid flex starter. 

Everyone said that about Mostert last season, he did play in 16 games last, He was 26 in .5 ppr total points.  I’m sure the team knows his history, if I can get him as my rb4 I would be very happy, 14 teams. 

8 hours ago, weepaws said:

No way will the team risk having Tua run them in. 

I do agree with your point.  any team with reasonable logic and reason wont risk it.   but we all know not all teams have good logic/reason in their decision making.

they shouldnt risk running with Tua.     but they might do it anyway.  (or Tua may call his own number despite what the coach calls)

37 minutes ago, weepaws said:

Everyone said that about Mostert last season, he did play in 16 games last, He was 26 in .5 ppr total points.  I’m sure the team knows his history, if I can get him as my rb4 I would be very happy, 14 teams. 

technically his ADP was at around #40 among RB's(making him a high end RB4).   it should rise drop some with this injury.   so he is likely a low end RB3.

now I would not draft him as my RB3.   I like to have RB depth so I usually draft my RB4 before all the RB3's are gone.   if you do what I do, this is your guy.   good depth player with a little upside due to situation.

If I can get him as my rb4, I’ll be happy, if I have take him before then , he’ll be on some other ff team.  Also means I have a better rb3 on my team. In a 14 team league you can’t wait long.  

I picked up mostert off the ww to go along with dobbins and akers as my top rb's. I was considering putting him as my flex. My question is would you put mostert in before deebo or m Williams in a flex spot?

In a ppr no, ,but I might play him ahead of Akers, if Kupp doesn’t play , or even is very limited the Hawks def could dominate the Rams offense 

Yep, you heard it here first.  I got Mostert so late and he is a monster this year.  

• Like 1