Mike FF Today

Travis Kelce Hyperextended Knee

thats a big ouch if you spent a first on the guy.

good news is... this type of injury wont keep him out more than a week or two I suspect.    there is a slightly increased risk of soft tissue injuries after the recovery but I wouldnt worry much about that.

That must've been one hell of a hyperextension for the mighty Travis Kelce to miss a game over it.

I still question whether he will miss time, but Noah Gray is the guy to pickup if he does miss time.   hes good enough to start on more than a few teams.  hes just not starting here because Kelce can still play.

I never wish ill on anyone. That being said as a lions fan I am stoked to see Kelce and Jones possibly missing the game. 

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, kilroy69 said:

I never wish ill on anyone. That being said as a lions fan I am stoked to see Kelce and Jones possibly missing the game. 

In standard Lions fashion, just teeing up the fanbase for a bigger disappointment.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, ZeroTolerance said:

In standard Lions fashion, just teeing up the fanbase for a bigger disappointment.

I have never had this much confidence in the lions front office and coaching staff in all my life. 

Own S Moore on one team, I’m going fire him up.  

I'd be comfortable going Noah gray as a plug and play with kelce out.  He's shown flashes just blocked by the best te in the league.   Maybe 4 receptions, 50 yards with possibility of a td for gray if kelce don't play. 

45 minutes ago, cmh6476 said:

I'd be comfortable going Noah gray as a plug and play with kelce out.  He's shown flashes just blocked by the best te in the league.   Maybe 4 receptions, 50 yards with possibility of a td for gray if kelce don't play. 

fair analysis.

if by some fluke KC is losing in the 4th Quarter that is when Gray will get high use.

from what I can tell, his special skillset is to find that gap in the zone and wait for the pass.

Mahomes will hit him all day long if the other team plays a lot of zone D.    point worth mentioning,  the guy got 300 yards receiving last year as the backup to Kelce.   Not bad given what a workhorse Kelce is.

4 hours ago, cmh6476 said:

Dude. He is 6ft3 280lbs. No focking way his problem is just being blocked by the best TE in the league. His problem is hamburgers and being built like a fullback. He would be around 30-45lbs bigger than most of the starting TE's in the league. 

2 hours ago, kilroy69 said:

Dude. He is 6ft3 280lbs. No focking way his problem is just being blocked by the best TE in the league. His problem is hamburgers and being built like a fullback. He would be around 30-45lbs bigger than most of the starting TE's in the league. 

right...

10 hours ago, cmh6476 said:

right...

So he catches and falls forward for 2 yards. Got it. That makes him super special. 

42 minutes ago, kilroy69 said:

So he catches and falls forward for 2 yards. Got it. That makes him super special. 

kinda what I said:

Maybe 4 receptions, 50 yards with possibility of a td for gray if kelce don't play. 

which is about what you COULD get off a waiver wire plug and play.  All I was saying is he's probably as good an option as anyone else out there.  I stand by what I said.

49 minutes ago, kilroy69 said:

well, he has nice hands.

and Mahomes can thread the needle.

I'm not saying to expect miracles. hes not Kelce but hes good enough for a 1 or 2 week filler.

remember, this is a waiver wire pickup.   thats who we are comparing him to.   we are not comparing him to legit fantasy starters.    hes good because of the situation and because Mahomes likes throwing to his TE's.  on another team his value is dicey.

I'd much prefer Juwan Johnson or Logan Thomas week 1 to Noah Gray. You'd have to be pretty hard up or in a deep league to consider him...

3 hours ago, jrokh said:

I'd much prefer Juwan Johnson or Logan Thomas week 1 to Noah Gray. You'd have to be pretty hard up or in a deep league to consider him...

I expect Johnson to make huge strides this year with Carr peppering him. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Mike FF Today said:

thanks for the update.

2 hours ago, Super Cubs said:

benched Kelce for Kmet just incase I'm not home by the time the game starts.  

do you not have a smart phone?

12 hours ago, Super Cubs said:

benched Kelce for Kmet just incase I'm not home by the time the game starts.  

I’ve done it.  My life is very busy, and on most days ff is number 50 of importance of what’s taking place in my life.  

I read today that KC is going give Kelce knee a text to see if he can play, and if he can I think makes your decision even tougher, how limited will Kelce be if he does play.  

Good luck with your final decision, it’s a tough one.  

Sounds like Kelce will not play

If this was a playoff game, he'd play if possible. But it'd be surprising to see him soldier through an injury at the beginning of the season.

If this was a playoff game, Kelce wouldn’t be the only questionable player, the seasons takes its toll.   

I think they dress him but give Gray all the reps early, and if the team falls behind Kelce comes back in.  if the team is winning Kelce will continue to sit.

My bet is he sits.  If he hyperextended so bad that they were worried he tore his ACL, then I'd assume he has a lot of swelling.

Zeke had a hyperextension last year and missed the following game, had a bye, and then missed the game after the bye.

• Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, nobody said:

My bet is he sits.  If he hyperextended so bad that they were worried he tore his ACL, then I'd assume he has a lot of swelling.

Zeke had a hyperextension last year and missed the following game, had a bye, and then missed the game after the bye.

good info. thanks

Anyone know if he practiced today?

1 minute ago, justforbeer said:

Anyone know if he practiced today?

nobody has a "practice" on gameday

and I don't mean the poster.

40 minutes ago, cmh6476 said:

nobody has a "practice" on gameday

and I don't mean the poster.

Well, they said they were going to run him through warm-ups this morning so I wonder how that went

On 9/5/2023 at 2:18 PM, kilroy69 said:

I have never had this much confidence in the lions front office and coaching staff in all my life. 

this is the first Lions coach I've seen in a long time who has shown signs that he may actually know what hes doing.

I have Freiermuth I can plug into the TE spot if needed, so not panicking but, leaning towards playing V. Jefferson over Kelce in a flex spot.