The Real timschochet

House averts shutdown as McCarthy works out deal with Democrats

36 minutes ago, Fireballer said:

It wasn’t Father’s Day, so I’m not buying the confusion excuse.  

51 minutes ago, Fireballer said:

I'm sure the unbiased, centrist MSM will be all over this.  :thumbsup: 

3 minutes ago, jerryskids said:

I'm sure the unbiased, centrist MSM will be all over this.  :thumbsup: 

They are. Assessment: Bowman is a childish dipshitt.

3 minutes ago, Fnord said:

They are. Assessment: Bowman is a childish dipshitt.

Link?  I'd like to read it.  :cheers: 

6 minutes ago, jerryskids said:

Link?  I'd like to read it.  :cheers: 

Well, the dipshitt assessment is my own, as media outlets don't typically assign a "vulgar" label. But as a dyed-in-the-wool vulgarian, I believe it fits. But they are all covering it, including about how he pulled the alarm and then didn't exit through the door he initially tried to open. Just google "Jamaal Bowman fire" and ABC, NBC, NYT, WAPO, CNN, etc. all have stories.

4 hours ago, Fireballer said:

He pled guilty to it. So yeah, he definitely did wrong.

Which is a huge 🤡 move. He should be removed from whatever assignments he has and be voted out next go around

lol the new guy just did the exact same thing McCarthy did 😂

You guys are so focking stupid :banana:

The House passed legislation on Tuesday to keep federal funding flowing into early 2024, after Democrats stepped in to rescue a plan opposed by many Republicans to avert a government shutdown at the end of the week.

A coalition of Democrats and mainstream Republicans overcame the opposition of G.O.P. conservatives to approve the bill under special expedited procedures that required a supermajority. That approach, hatched by Speaker Mike Johnson, amounted to a gamble that a substantial number of Democrats would rally to help pass a package that Mr. Johnson’s own party was unwilling to back.

The vote was 336 to 95, clearing the two-thirds threshold required for passage. In the end, 209 Democrats and 127 Republicans joined to pass the bill. Ninety-three Republicans opposed it, as did two Democrats.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, IGotWorms said:

The House passed legislation on Tuesday to keep federal funding flowing into early 2024, after Democrats stepped in to rescue a plan opposed by many Republicans to avert a government shutdown at the end of the week.

A coalition of Democrats and mainstream Republicans overcame the opposition of G.O.P. conservatives to approve the bill under special expedited procedures that required a supermajority. That approach, hatched by Speaker Mike Johnson, amounted to a gamble that a substantial number of Democrats would rally to help pass a package that Mr. Johnson’s own party was unwilling to back.

The vote was 336 to 95, clearing the two-thirds threshold required for passage. In the end, 209 Democrats and 127 Republicans joined to pass the bill. Ninety-three Republicans opposed it, as did two Democrats.

The dog has no clue what to do with the car when he catches it.  

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, IGotWorms said:

or it could be that there is actually a little time necessary to change leadership and review things, but I am sure MSNBC is telling you your talking points

12 hours ago, RaiderHaters Revenge said:

or it could be that there is actually a little time necessary to change leadership and review things, but I am sure MSNBC is telling you your talking points

Always with the excuses....keep them coming.  

12 hours ago, RaiderHaters Revenge said:

The guy was in Congress for years before they settled on him as Speaker. Was he not paying attention or something up til now?

4 minutes ago, thegeneral said:

The guy was in Congress for years before they settled on him as Speaker. Was he not paying attention or something up til now?

so they avoid a government shutdown and that's bad.

amazing.

28 minutes ago, shadrap said:

so they avoid a government shutdown and that's bad.

amazing.

Right that’s the point. They kicked McCarthy out for trying to do this. 

• Haha 1

20 hours ago, RaiderHaters Revenge said:

No they didn’t. Try to keep up. 

I've been really busy lately to follow as closely as usual, but I'm not really seeing the distinction or the difference.

I do not observe the same dissention around this one as we did the last. I do not understand how this Speaker not holding the money hostage is different.

1 hour ago, Voltaire said:

I've been really busy lately to follow as closely as usual, but I'm not really seeing the distinction or the difference.

The difference is McCarthy agreed to discuss single issue voting to avoid the previous shutdown and didn’t. Johnson hasn’t had much time to discuss anything. 

On 11/14/2023 at 6:26 PM, IGotWorms said: