Sign in to follow this  
seafoam1

MNF Discussion: 49ers @ Vikings - Wk 7

I was dreadful on my picks on the NFL this weekend, only to be saved by my biggest 2 bets in Atlanta -2.5 and Pittsburgh ML.

I bet large (for me) on these 2 teams, about $800 total, but lost all my other smaller bets and pretty much drew even on the day. 

SF -6.5 is my bet today. I'm going in medium on my bet. Medium bet. Even if I lose, I'll be glad to see minnie get one step farther ahead of Carolina in the overall standings as related to not getting the #1 pick next year.

Medium size is good for this.  

Niners have been a very profitable bet after losing the front end of a 2 game b2b road trip going back to 2018.  CJ Beathard was QB last time Shanny lost in this same spot.  

26 minutes ago, kcBlitzkrieg said:

Medium size is good for this.  

Niners have been a very profitable bet after losing the front end of a 2 game b2b road trip going back to 2018.  CJ Beathard was QB last time Shanny lost in this same spot.  

The NFL makes no sense from week to week, but Minnesota is in the dumps. Gotta go with SF or just simply stay away from the game all together. 

This has blood bath written all over it. I can't find anything to make me want to back the Vikings.

I foresee Cousins getting pressured, hit, and sacked all night long. With JJ out Viking's best strategy is to kill the clock running the ball, hoping to keep it close. But that's not gonna work well with Viking's poor run game vs the #3 rush defense. On the flip side, Niners should have no trouble moving the ball against Min's mediocre D. It's gonna take a perfect game from Min, along with some Niners turnovers, to cover. And they've been far from perfect all season.

I hate the Niners and enjoy rooting for Vikings, but I wouldn't back Min here even if the spread was +14.

1 minute ago, GobbleDog said:

This has blood bath written all over it. I can't find anything to make me want to back the Vikings.

I foresee Cousins getting pressured, hit, and sacked all night long. With JJ out Viking's best strategy is to kill the clock running the ball, hoping to keep it close. But that's not gonna work well with Viking's poor run game vs the #3 rush defense. On the flip side, Niners should have no trouble moving the ball against Min's mediocre D. It's gonna take a perfect game from Min, along with some Niners turnovers, to cover. And they've been far from perfect all season.

I hate the Niners and enjoy rooting for Vikings, but I wouldn't back Min here even if the spread was +14.

And that's the tough part about betting the NFL. When things make sense, it often goes the other way.

Anyway, I'm sticking with SF. 

Since we have injuries on the offense with Deebo out and CMC banged up a bit it's time for the defense to show up big tonight. We.can still put up points with Deebo out but if the defense can generate some sacks and get a couple of turnovers there won't be the need for the offense to carry the load. Although I'd like to see Purdy bounce back in a big way after a less.than stellar performance last week. I got the 49ers winning 24-14.

I hate picking road favorites... Especially big favs.  I can't think of a single reason the Vikings will keep this game close.  I mean primetime Cousins.  No Jefferson.  Ineffective running game against a tenacious defense and the 49ers coming off a tough loss in Cleveland.  

Everything points to the 49ers, so that means the bet must be the Vikings.  When the bet is too obvious, you have to go the other way.  

If the Vikings happen to be up at half, I'll be happy to bet the 49ers second half though.

Inactives

49ers: WR Deebo Samuel, LT Trent Williams, DL Kalia Davis, RB Ty Davis-Price, LB Jalen Graham, TE Brayden Willis, QB Brandon Allen

Vikings: S Lewis Cine, CB Najee Thompson, TE Nick Muse, LB Andre Carter II, G Ezra Cleveland and T Hakeem Adeniji

Line: SF -6.5
Total: 43.5

7 hours ago, seafoam1 said:

And that's the tough part about betting the NFL. When things make sense, it often goes the other way.

Anyway, I'm sticking with SF. 

Ugghh...

I'm going all in thinking SF will wake up. I got them at +1.5 now.

I'm falling into the nfl betting trap today. Must be the miller lites. 

2 hours ago, nobody said:

I hate picking road favorites... Especially big favs.  I can't think of a single reason the Vikings will keep this game close.  I mean primetime Cousins.  No Jefferson.  Ineffective running game against a tenacious defense and the 49ers coming off a tough loss in Cleveland.  

Everything points to the 49ers, so that means the bet must be the Vikings.  When the bet is too obvious, you have to go the other way.  

If the Vikings happen to be up at half, I'll be happy to bet the 49ers second half though.

I need the Vikes to hold 49ers to a FG attempt here so I can get a good 2nd half line on them.

Just now, Nomad99 said:

He stole the INT!!!!!😱😱💥

Addison ripped it right out of his damn hand... LOL

• Haha 1

My flip from Cousins to Purdy is looking less than brilliant.

I'll lose either way, but missing those points.

Strange game. McCaff fumbles away promising drive. Niners miss field goal. Addison steals easy Int and takes it to the house.  Most impressive Vikings o-line holding up.

Cousins looks good like usual. As does Purdy - making deep accurate throws.

Fun game to watch.

One positive of Minny's sloppy win over Chicago last week and if they can hold on for a win here, there will be less talk of Jefferson shutting it down for the season as the Viking season will NOT be lost and there will be something to play for.

Guess I missed the notice of D Hunter being inactive tonight.

😏

He's invisible on my stat sheet!

How the hell did they call some of those penalties on Ward, and not that obvious interference?

• Like 1

Jeez. I'm gonna probably lose my bets tonight. Big deal I have a loss or two,  but I'm so sick of the Vikings being on offense. Go away already. Take your win and be #12 in your draft pick already.  

Uh oh.  The only defender doing anything tonight is Warner and he looks like he just really messed up his knee.

1 minute ago, nobody said:

Uh oh.  The only defender doing anything tonight is Warner and he looks like he just really messed up his knee.

Screaming in pain. Not good