On 1/30/2024 at 10:47 AM, Reality said:

Nice to see Hurts get some shine. Big honor filling in for Purdy

⬆️ This clown 🤡 would take Purdy over Hurts 😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

28 minutes ago, Maximum Overkill said:

⬆️ This clown 🤡 would take Purdy over Hurts 😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

Jalen Wentz? 

37 minutes ago, edjr said:

3 and out 3 times back to back, 8 passes and 1 run. stop

Lol would have helped if they werent 1st and last 20 the entire third quarter against the best 3rd down defense in the league. Holding calls, illegal motions, etc. 

still stands. When he needed to go ahead he helped get them there. Defense sucked ass

1 minute ago, cyclone24 said:

Lol would have helped if they werent 1st and last 20 the entire third quarter against the best 3rd down defense in the league. Holding calls, illegal motions, etc. 

still stands. When he needed to go ahead he helped get them there. Defense sucked ass

3rd and 4

8 minutes ago, edjr said:

3rd and 4

So it’s on him because everyone on the planet knew he was going to get blitzed and they didn’t have an answer for it? Good Lord, at least you’re not nitpicking. 

What about when he got forced out of the pocket, the litter guy and threw a dart to his full back? 

I mean, both teams could’ve made different plays here and there, but the mistake San Fran made were backbreaking. Hardly Purdy

1 hour ago, listen2me 23 said:

Purdy played ok.  He wasn't the problem nor the answer.  

Be interesting to see what their initial offer is to him when that time comes.  

9ers have some cap issues going forward.  Chase is a FA. He didnt seem all that great anyway this seaosn.  Aiyuk needs a contract.  Greenlaw my be out most all the seasob.  

So kind of interesting. If he signed with San Francisco and wasn’t drafted, he would be eligible this summer for an extension but because he was drafted, he’s not until after next year.
my concern is it’s an aging roster and are they going to want to suddenly pay per day 25 million a year, provided he has a good year again when he doesn’t have the weapons he does now because they can’t afford them or are they just going to clean house and just let him go?

8 minutes ago, cyclone24 said:

So it’s on him because everyone on the planet knew he was going to get blitzed and they didn’t have an answer for it? Good Lord, at least you’re not nitpicking. 

What about when he got forced out of the pocket, the litter guy and threw a dart to his full back? 

I mean, both teams could’ve made different plays here and there, but the mistake San Fran made were backbreaking. Hardly Purdy

So the QB doesn't set the protection?   Keep digging. 

2 minutes ago, edjr said:

So the QB doesn't set the protection?   Keep digging. 

🤣🤣 Lose money on a Purdy prop? JFC what a weirdo to try and put this on him. He was fine… he played well enough for them to win the game. Had a lot of other parts, including the coaching that were subpar

1 hour ago, cyclone24 said:

🤣🤣 Lose money on a Purdy prop? JFC what a weirdo to try and put this on him. He was fine… he played well enough for them to win the game. Had a lot of other parts, including the coaching that were subpar

They need an offensive coordinator. And one who will call the plays. Shanahan is good at everything except calling the plays. He sucks at it. 

It was his fault they lost. Purdy was absolutely fine. 

4 minutes ago, seafoam1 said:

They need an offensive coordinator. And one who will call the plays. Shanahan is good at everything except calling the plays. He sucks at it. 

It was his fault they lost. Purdy was absolutely fine. 

Yeah, I agree. Brock wasnt elite, and he wasn’t terrible. It’s hard because the guy on the other side of the field could probably win games if me, and you were out there running routes. I don’t mind his offense, but there was just a lot of missed things.

So it’s hard not to see the whole position through that lens of carrying an entire team.

hard part is he had at least two throws that would’ve been touchdowns except they couldn’t block Chris Jones, so he was in his face. Oh yeah, you can say you gotta look down the barrel and make the play and I don’t disagree, but look at the play, Mahomes had for a touchdown after that turnover. no pressure and the guy was wide-open. Never felt like Brock got a ton of those wide open guys

9 hours ago, BirdGang said:

Brock did alright, I don’t hang the blame on him. 

The MVP should do better than alright. Have you read this thread?  MVP!!!!!

11 hours ago, cyclone24 said:

Yeah, I agree. Brock wasnt elite, and he wasn’t terrible. It’s hard because the guy on the other side of the field could probably win games if me, and you were out there running routes. I don’t mind his offense, but there was just a lot of missed things.

So it’s hard not to see the whole position through that lens of carrying an entire team.

hard part is he had at least two throws that would’ve been touchdowns except they couldn’t block Chris Jones, so he was in his face. Oh yeah, you can say you gotta look down the barrel and make the play and I don’t disagree, but look at the play, Mahomes had for a touchdown after that turnover. no pressure and the guy was wide-open. Never felt like Brock got a ton of those wide open guys

The ironic part is hes the ones with all the weapons.  What happens when Trent Williams retires?  Or CMAC gets hurt halfway into a year.  

In know the interior of thr OL isnt good.  But Trent Williams is basically thr best LT in football.  CMac is the best RB. A top 5 TE.  And id say Deebo/Aiyuk are perhaps a top 5-duo at WR.  

It isn't going to get any easier.   

16 minutes ago, listen2me 23 said:

The ironic part is hes the ones with all the weapons.  What happens when Trent Williams retires?  Or CMAC gets hurt halfway into a year.  

In know the interior of thr OL isnt good.  But Trent Williams is basically thr best LT in football.  CMac is the best RB. A top 5 TE.  And id say Deebo/Aiyuk are perhaps a top 5-duo at WR.  

It isn't going to get any easier.   

Yeah, I mean you could say that about Prescott or Goff if they lose a bunch of their good players. That’s why I said it’s hard when 15 is on the other side of the field winning with ketchup packets for wide receivers it skews the view of the position, because almost everyone is going to be worse, if you lose a bunch of guys. 
But yes, I agree with you. And we have to remember this is his second year. People act like he’s a finished product already. (Not you….just in general)

Imagine trying to make an argument that a QB who helped his team get to the Super Bowl, isn't good, because his team lost.

12 hours ago, cyclone24 said:

Yeah, I agree. Brock wasnt elite, and he wasn’t terrible.

Not elite?  But @Reality told us he should’ve been the MVP.

4 minutes ago, TBayXXXVII said:

Imagine trying to make an argument that a QB who helped his team get to the Super Bowl, isn't good, because his team lost.

It's Ed, do you expect anything else.  He's not happy unless he's stirring the pot. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, TimHauck said:

Not elite?  But @Reality told us he should’ve been the MVP.

Nailed it. 

1 minute ago, edjr said:

Nailed it. 

To be fair, he wasn’t a “punkin” either…

6 minutes ago, TBayXXXVII said:

Jimmy G? Rex Grossman? 

Trent Dilfer? Nick Foles?  Surely Purdy is better than those 2, who won the Super Bowl mind you. 

5 minutes ago, Mike Honcho said:

It's Ed, do you expect anything else.  He's not happy unless he's stirring the pot. 

True.

7 minutes ago, Mike Honcho said:

1 minute ago, Mike Honcho said:

Posting a Cowherd video isn't helping your argument one bit.  :lol:

For a guy that talks for 4 hours. He is right a lot. He is also wrong a lot.

Purdy is a slightly above average QB.  He wasn't bad during the playoffs, just very average.  And as someone else pointed out he has elite talent across the board and a coach who's normally an offensive guru. 

To me he plays small, gets too many balls batted down, and doesn't have the arm talent to make all the throws.

Obviously you can win with him when he's surrounded by elite talent but the niners will need to pay him after next year which will limit access to that elite talent.

5 minutes ago, BeachGuy23 said:

Purdy is a slightly above average QB.  He wasn't bad during the playoffs, just very average.  And as someone else pointed out he has elite talent across the board and a coach who's normally an offensive guru. 

To me he plays small, gets too many balls batted down, and doesn't have the arm talent to make all the throws.

Obviously you can win with him when he's surrounded by elite talent but the niners will need to pay him after next year which will limit access to that elite talent.

Guy was number 1 in numerous statistical categories. He’s QBR was twice as high as the other playoff teams that played against the Chiefs.

The knock on him is he has talent in a good offensive scheme? Uh ok.

3 minutes ago, cyclone24 said:

Guy was number 1 in numerous statistical categories. He’s QBR was twice as high as the other playoff teams that played against the Chiefs.

The knock on him is he has talent in a good offensive scheme? Uh ok.

WRs who turn 5yd passes into 25yd gains will do that.  His average QBR for the 3 playoff games was like 86.

He's slightly above average surrounded by elite talent.  

But if you want to pay him $50M a year and build your team around him have at it.  I'm really not insulting him, just giving my opinion based on watching him play 3 playoff games.

Avg 250yds passing, 1TD, 86 QBR.

Fine numbers, not close to elite. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, BeachGuy23 said:

WRs who turn 5yd passes into 25yd gains will do that.  His average QBR for the 3 playoff games was like 86.

He's slightly above average surrounded by elite talent.  

But if you want to pay him $50M a year and build your team around him have at it.  I'm really not insulting him, just giving my opinion based on watching him play 3 playoff games.

Avg 250yds passing, 1TD, 86 QBR.

Fine numbers, not close to elite. 

Tom Brady made a career of that. 

No not elite but they are not that kind of offense. CMC had a 30 touches

12 minutes ago, cyclone24 said:

Tom Brady made a career of that. 

No not elite but they are not that kind of offense. CMC had a 30 touches

I'd argue Tom was much bigger with a much more live arm.  Tom also had offensive lines of the gods.

But I don't disagree.  Brock played well enough to win that's for sure.  Going to be interesting in 2025 for the Niners and see how they pay him. 

Last I checked Love has the shortest odds to win MVP next year of any NFC QB

1 hour ago, edjr said:

For a guy that talks for 4 hours. He is right a lot. He is also wrong a lot.

He’s right that wearing a hat backwards means he’s not a franchise quarterback?

2 hours ago, edjr said:

The MVP should do better than alright. Have you read this thread?  MVP!!!!!

brady's first SB: 16/27/145/1td

ben's first SB: 9/21/123/2int

manning's first SB: 25/38/247/1td/1int

this game wasn't brock fault

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BeachGuy23 said:

But I don't disagree.  Brock played well enough to win that's for sure.  Going to be interesting in 2025 for the Niners and see how they pay him. 

I sort of agree. He definitely wasn't the reason they lost but he also did nothing extraordinary to help them win either, he was good. You need to be great to beat Mahomes. He left a few big plays on the field. 

I agree, they have to pay the kid. He proved that he could get there and who's a better option? If so is the window closing for the Niners? Can they afford to pay everyone? I don't see how they could. 

3 minutes ago, Maximum Overkill said:

I sort of agree. He definitely wasn't the reason they lost but he also did nothing extraordinary to help them win either, he was good. You need to be great to beat Mahomes. He left a few big plays on the field. 

I agree, they have to pay the kid. He proved that he could get there and who's a better option? If so is the window closing for the Niners? Can they afford to pay everyone? I don't see how they could. 

You and I have found common ground!

Well done boyo!

3 minutes ago, Maximum Overkill said:

Yeah that’s going to be really interesting if he has another nice year. If you’re the 49ers you either let him go and you blow it up which is going to tick off your fanbase or you’re going to pay him and then who leaves? Tough spot.

1 minute ago, cyclone24 said:

Yeah that’s going to be really interesting if he has another nice year. If you’re the 49ers you either let him go and you blow it up which is going to tick off your fanbase or you’re going to pay him and then who leaves? Tough spot.

If I'm Purdy's agent I'm not letting him step onto the field without a new contract. 

46 minutes ago, Bier Meister said:

brady's first SB: 16/27/145/1td

ben's first SB: 9/21/123/2int

manning's first SB: 25/38/247/1td/1int

this game wasn't brock fault

Brady was not even top 15  his 1st super bowl.

I was told Purdy was MVP

18 minutes ago, Maximum Overkill said:

If I'm Purdy's agent I'm not letting him step onto the field without a new contract. 

I don’t think Brock has that kind of power to do what? Sit out? Don’t think he can do that.

5 minutes ago, edjr said:

Brady was not even top 15  his 1st super bowl.

I was told Purdy was MVP

his play certainly had him in the conversation for most of the season

14 minutes ago, cyclone24 said:

I don’t think Brock has that kind of power to do what? Sit out? Don’t think he can do that.

He has all the leverage. What choice would SF have but to pay him?