Sign in to follow this  
Hardcore troubadour

Mass Shootings Maine

2 minutes ago, The Real timschochet said:

Except that none of it was made up. And that has nothing to do with you bringing up my wife’s alcoholism. 

Except that it must be a bltch being around you. Damn. Your poor wife. 

33 minutes ago, seafoam1 said:

timschochet

Footballguy

OK full disclosure here: my wife is an alcoholic. The reason that I took off from here for a period of time is that I discovered that fact (though I had suspected it for a long time) over the Christmas holidays. Without going into detail, my wife went into rehab, and is now in the middle of a month long recovery program at this hospital- that will be followed by a 90 day 90 AA meeting situation

Dang....dude wants to put his life out on the internet then say it's terrible to bring it up on the internet.

FBGhays united I guess... :dunno:

"But fock you and I'll pay illegals less than minimum wage and no benefits so I can retire when I am 90."

• Like 1

They still dont know where this guy is.  

Trained shooter. Ex military.  Apparently really good at avoiding police.

Mental problems. Should have been on everyone's radar

FBI needs serious repriotitization. 

1 minute ago, RogerDodger said:

Nah. Trump needs to be taken down first and foremost. Nothing else matters in this country. 

4 hours ago, KSB2424 said:

I just read at three separate locations.  How does that happen?  Where is law enforcement? 

Currently, it's "normalized" for many people to keep wearing masks because of COVID19. Just five years ago, it would have drawn attention if you wore a mask all the time in public places. Maybe even intimidated some strangers around you in a grocery store or a hardware store, places like that. Now no one gives it a second thought. So this threat could wear a baseball hat and mask and put on a hooded jacket and literally walk around casually in any major city in America.  This "new normal" obviously creates limitations on using facial recognition resources. 

Also the threat can go to multiple major cities and hide in plain sight. If he went to NY or Texas or Chicago, there are so many unvetted and unidentified people out there, what's one more in a sea of millions in just outright chaos in public. There are illegals sleeping in airport lobbies and empty baseball fields and police stations, we are talking intentional local public policy here, and these are often purely non vetted at any level. A guy could literally blend into that crowd and disappear for a long time. 

If you observe out in public, 60 percent of everyone around you is staring into their IPhone. They aren't even paying attention to what's around them. This guy could take off his mask, his hat and even some fake glasses and walk past people holding a sign identifying himself in public and many wouldn't even notice. They'd be too busy with social media on their phone. 

The terrifying thing about the Beltway Sniper is he was caught by being turned in. Same with the Unibomber. What if they weren't turned in? What if the Beltway Sniper kept it up for years and years? What if the Unibomber's brother passed away years before and there was no one to tell the police outright about him? 

You can't hide forever. But how about a month? Two months? A week? How much damage can one threat cause in a week? 

Also many major law enforcement agencies are heavily understaffed right now. You need warm bodies to follow up on leads. What if those retired already. Or quit because they figured out being a cop is just too horrible a job to have right now in current American society. Not to mention all the bailed out criminals driving case loads where LE agencies simply can't ignore all the other crime going on around them. 

Unfortunately the conditions currently are ripe for someone like this to hide a while. How long, no one knows. If this threat had a long time to plan, it could be a while. It's tough to blame cops in general for this one. They can't be everywhere at once. 

1 hour ago, RogerDodger said:

FBI is too busy looking for every individual who peacefully entered the Capitol.  

How come nobody else was carrying? Had someone else been carrying at the time then it's over fast, he's dead. 

Liberals see it the opposite. And no, this lunatic should NOT of had access to a Gun. That's on whomever sold it to him. If his issues were properly documented with Maine State Police then the seller should be in jail. 

If mental health is not properly documented into a database then how would the seller know? You can thank HIPAA for that, not the gun. 

4 hours ago, The Real timschochet said:

That was a terrible time in my life. I have no idea why you decided to rehash it. For personal enjoyment? Seriously I don’t get you. But whatever; you’re the one that has to be you 24/7. 

Dodger is a disgusting person.  He mocks the other dude for having cancer, among other vile things he's done here.

Lesson to all, as long as Rodger is here, never share anything personal, never put yourself out there or be vulnerable.  He's an online bully and expect the worst of the worst.

Tim, hope all is well with your family.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, RogerDodger said:

The Maine shooter was:

- known to law enforcement

- previously committed to a mental institution

- a convicted pedophile

Two of the above prohibits him from posessing firearms. Where is the FBI?

Oh yeah, classified documents, infiltrating PTO meetings, and raiding the homes of J6 grandmas...

Nice work idiots.  

Pedophile was a different dude.  But good job plagiarizing from X/twitter

6 hours ago, Strike said:

Again, you're wrong.  Statistically, handguns are used in most mass shootings.  And it's kind of hard to outlaw something YOU can't even define.  BTW, if you look up above I advocated for a new law that would have made it illegal for this guy to possess ANY gun.  So fock off.

How are you defining “mass shooting” here?

Whenever there are like 5+ deaths it almost always seems to be an AR-15 or similar.

But I agree better red flag laws and such would probably be more effective than banning certain guns.

Following the script.  Last night it was blaming him for being gay and a child abuser.  Now that we find out he's maga, we'll quickly move to #5 and blame mental health, but do nothing about that either.

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, seafoam1 said:

You peenied yours. Whiner. 

1 am :( 

6 minutes ago, GutterBoy said:

Following the script.  Last night it was blaming him for being gay and a child abuser.  Now that we find out he's maga, we'll quickly move to #5 and blame mental health, but do nothing about that either.

No no, the solution to mental health issues is to lock them up for life in mental institutions

Army reservist with reported mental health issues and threatened to shoot up the Saco reserve base who was committed for 2 weeks this past summer and released. Our government is totally dis functional. They are too busy locking up grandma for strolling through the Capitol.

6 hours ago, jonnyutah said:

And take manpower away from investigating moms reading at school board meetings? 

Technically it’s they/them power under this fascist regime.  

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Dizkneelande said:

Army reservist with reported mental health issues and threatened to shoot up the Saco reserve base who was committed for 2 weeks this past summer and released. Our government is totally dis functional. They are too busy locking up grandma for strolling through the Capitol.

My assumption is he is a registered Democrat. Therefore, the DOJ algorithm that does threat assessment skipped over the dude.  

7 minutes ago, Tree of Knowledge said:

My assumption is he is a registered Democrat. Therefore, the DOJ algorithm that does threat assessment skipped over the dude.  

Stop lying, tree of sh1t.  First you said he was gay, now a Democrat, but dude was full on Maga.  He's one of you.

https://heavy.com/news/robert-card-x-twitter-politics/?fbclid=IwAR3nGSFXWo9gYl_T-P6-U24M7LXNMxCgp6sKGA1gD5ipuQFQy8Ojad5Z4G8

4 minutes ago, GutterBoy said:

Stop lying, tree of sh1t.  First you said he was gay, now a Democrat, but dude was full on Maga.  He's one of you.

https://heavy.com/news/robert-card-x-twitter-politics/?fbclid=IwAR3nGSFXWo9gYl_T-P6-U24M7LXNMxCgp6sKGA1gD5ipuQFQy8Ojad5Z4G8

One of you?  You are unhinged.  Maybe you need some help.  Just don’t go to a facility in Maine.  

He probably likes the comments because they were true as he was experiencing the LGBTQ+ voices in his head that made him confused and drove him over the edge.  

27 minutes ago, Dizkneelande said:

Weird that all the “independent thinkers” here are all using lines from the same script 

8 hours ago, GutterBoy said:

We used to have an assault weapons ban, we clearly need another one.

I'm pretty sure we've had this debate several times here, but it keeps happening.

The Clinton ban had zero measurable effect on gun crimes. Which is why it was allowed to sunset. Had there been this massive reduction in the illegal use of firearms that some people like to claim, they would've made it permanent. They didn't. 

I suspect the subsequent uptick in mass shootings has another driving factor. It isn't the guns, we've always had those. Something is different today than it was a few decades ago. It is that 'something' that needs to be addressed. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, TimHauck said:

Weird that all the “independent thinkers” here are all using lines from the same script 

It’s straight from the Maine Active Shooter bulletin d!pshit. Maine has “yellow flag” law. Were there not enough “yellow flags” about this guy to ban him from owning firearms in your opinion? So who failed here?

13 minutes ago, 5-Points said:

The Clinton ban had zero measurable effect on gun crimes. Which is why it was allowed to sunset. Had there been this massive reduction in the illegal use of firearms that some people like to claim, they would've made it permanent. They didn't. 

I suspect the subsequent uptick in mass shootings has another driving factor. It isn't the guns, we've always had those. Something is different today than it was a few decades ago. It is that 'something' that needs to be addressed. 

If there is nobody stopping him, he could have easily committed similar level of carnage with a couple pistols and a dozen mags.

2 hours ago, League Champion said:

How come nobody else was carrying? Had someone else been carrying at the time then it's over fast, he's dead. 

Liberals see it the opposite. And no, this lunatic should NOT of had access to a Gun. That's on whomever sold it to him. If his issues were properly documented with Maine State Police then the seller should be in jail. 

If mental health is not properly documented into a database then how would the seller know? You can thank HIPAA for that, not the gun. 

Did this one have armor as well?   Even if not this one probably wins in a shootout vs Joe Citizen too knowing his training and background.   

Sorry, I don't agree the answer is to have a shootout in public, it shouldn't get to that point to begin with. As a country we don't seem too motivated to stop it from getting to that point.  

2 hours ago, TimHauck said:

But I agree better red flag laws and such would probably be more effective than banning certain guns.

"Red Flag Laws" are more than public policy decisions in a vacuum. You cannot effectively enact public policy that cannot be supported by practical logistics and cannot fit within the scope of baseline public administration. 

For example, abortion will never be fully illegal in this country. Yes, some states are gaming their laws to attempt to make it just about impossible to get an abortion based on timelines. (I.E. it actually takes time for person to figure out their pregnant in the first place. Putting them into such a narrow window of "opportunity" to get an abortion based on laws, that it's functionally punitive to their rights. I don't agree with it, nor do I agree what is happening in New York with guns, where Hochul is looking to delay and loophole SCOTUS rulings to effectively widespread ban firearms and ammunition anyway)  But how would you get the logistics to work out. What would be the vast taxpayer cost, the bureaucratic and legal nightmare, and the endless bloodshed if you truly and fully attempted to ban abortion widespread on a federal level in this country. Who will pay for all those unwanted babies? Someone has to feed them. They have to live somewhere. Just on that alone, the staggering costs implied, makes banning abortion impossible. Some elected officials might "tease" the idea of banning abortion to get fundraising, but it's just not possible. 

Do I wish there were more public mental health facilities and treatment centers? Yes. That would however be a massive budgetary haul and rollout, a vast cost to taxpayers, would create a ton of legal liability for the state itself, and frankly, to be honest, mentally ill people, many don't vote and don't exist in a powerful voting block. Which is pretty critical, sadly, to trying to get any kind of public policy rolled forward. Saying you want more public mental health facilities is one thing. The logistics and cost is another more problematic set of hurdles. 

Do I believe some people out there fit into a specific classification where I'd prefer they'd not have firearms? Yes, there are some people out there like that. However, again, "Red Flag Laws" requires a very complex logistical chain that's difficult to enforce. You need to perpetually follow up on potential threats. There is another state wide level liability consideration. Also you will trigger more shootings with police, if you keep showing up to take guns away from people. Then there is problem that elected officials like Hochul and Newsom are gun grabbers. Any slight opening to try to take everyone's guns period, they'll try it. This creates pushback against all gun laws by the gun lobby. Put it this way, the antagonism created by someone like Hochul and Newsom to create political narratives for their own fundraising ( they know they can't just outright ban guns in America) and their policy overreaches are clearly intentional. They attempt to push legislation that they know will not survive judicial scrutiny. 

The "simplest" path logistically is for more private citizens to "self arm" and legally purchase a firearm for themselves. That's relying on yourself. Not your "government", where it's clear more and more everyday that they've abandoned the rank and file working class citizen. 

More legal firearm sales have occurred to private American citizens in the last four and a half years than have ever occurred in the same time block at any point in American recorded history. Ten percent of all guns in this country today, legally sold, EVER, were sold in the last four and a half years. That number is beyond staggering. The people have "spoken" with their feet and their wallets. They want guns. Lots of them. Interviews in 2020 and 2021 show, across all states and all demographics show the same concerns - People feel abandoned and realize the government is not going to help them, they will have to save themselves. 

For those who demand Red Flag Laws. There is more than just GOP and gun lobby pushback (though that will exist as well) The logistics are difficult to impossible. It's not enough to want to do something. It's not enough to get enough real clean votes to have the public say they want it. You need to be able to effectively deploy it against your baseline resource situation and circumstance. The average local law enforcement agency is embattled enough already, without having this entire gigantic bureaucratic pathway dumped onto them. 

Amy Klobuchar, if she was POTUS, would never try to actually deploy Red Flag Laws. And she's a Democrat. She might talk about it in public for fund raising, sign worthless statement letters, support meatless legal "Acts" that she knows will fail or virtue signaling, but she'd never try to roll it out. She heads many  of the most powerful committees in Congress. She understands policy. Out of "contenders" even fringe ones for POTUS, from the Team Blue side, she's the one that understands real policy the best. But she would NEVER be allowed to sniff any real power. She can't be fully controlled. So many of the elected officials who would attempt to roll out alternative solutions where the logistics have to add up, they are NOT coming into the highest levels of power. The concept of "Red Flag Laws" only exists for political fundraising and to find "fresh meat for the base" or to help someone like Klobuchar to win reelection. She'll talk it, but she would never really risk her political career to go after guns and make RFL's a true reality in this country. 

9 minutes ago, BuckSwope said:

Sorry, I don't agree the answer is to have a shootout in public

That's exactly what just happened, the unarmed were slaughtered. 

Red Flag laws will always be subjective.  Some think how to vote is a red flag and will use that to prevent people from owning guns.  What would be red flags that everyone agrees on?  I am sure some would say anyone in attendance on 1/6, now has a red flag.  

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, League Champion said:

That's exactly what just happened, the unarmed were slaughtered. 

Correct, that's why I said the solution is to not have it get to that point, not say the problem is too few people are armed.     It's also why I brought up the armor, because now these copy cats are using that, and you seem to want citizens to start shooting at them.  Next is the solution to have the citizens walk around in armor as well?  

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Dizkneelande said:

It’s straight from the Maine Active Shooter bulletin d!pshit. Maine has “yellow flag” law. Were there not enough “yellow flags” about this guy to ban him from owning firearms in your opinion? So who failed here?

The “Maine active shooter bulletin” complained about locking up Grandma for January 6th?

• Confused 1

13 minutes ago, HellToupee said:

We already know more about this guy than the trans shooters 

No we don’t, assuming you’re referring to Audrey Hale as that was the only trans mass killer in the last 4 years.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, HellToupee said:

We already know more about this guy than the trans shooters 

Lib media has to protect theirs. 

52 minutes ago, Dizkneelande said:

If there is nobody stopping him, he could have easily committed similar level of carnage with a couple pistols and a dozen mags.

:thumbsup:

Or a shotgun or some pipe bombs or a pressure cooker...

Where there's a will, there's a way. 

10 minutes ago, TimHauck said:

No we don’t, assuming you’re referring to Audrey Hale as that was the only trans mass killer in the last 4 years.

The Colorado gay club shooting last November?

2 minutes ago, Tree of Knowledge said:

The Colorado gay club shooting last November?

He’s not actually non-binary, which isn’t trans anyway

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, TimHauck said:

He’s not actually non-binary, which isn’t trans anyway

Call it whatever you want, but, significant violence uptick for the pr1ck lickers.  

1 hour ago, 5-Points said:

Social media?