1 hour ago, thegeneral said:

Up next Ron Mexico.

Hahaha....was that Manzel??

Wait...that was Mike Vick

Hahahaah

Whew.  

2 hours ago, Cloaca du jour said:

Wow,

Took long enough.  Rare mid season change.  Now if they would dump Pickett.

Stick to your browns.  ;)

• Haha 1

Matt Canada has been relieved of his duties as offensive coordinator. I appreciate Matt's hard work and dedication, and I wish him the best moving forward in his career. - Mike Tomlin

Am I the only one :lol: at the bolded? 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, OldMaid said:

Am I the only one :lol: at the bolded? 

Man, this place is seriously slipping. The Matt Canada jokes about moving forward practically write themselves.

1 hour ago, OldMaid said:

Man, this place is seriously slipping. The Matt Canada jokes about moving forward practically write themselves.

Give us a few.

17 minutes ago, nobody said:

Give us a few.

Matt Canada better hope his career isn’t shaped like a football.

If there’s one thing Matt Canada doesn’t know about, it’s moving forward. Just ask the offense.

4 minutes ago, BeenHereBefore said:

Sounds like DJ fighting with Canada during the game help to get him fired.

Did you see the Najee interview after the game? 

Just now, BeenHereBefore said:

No but read some of what he said and sure that was a big part too.

Tomlin could go too, as far as I’m concerned. He actually said Pickett isn’t playing poorly, it’s that the run game is playing better. 

1 minute ago, OldMaid said:

Tomlin could go too, as far as I’m concerned. He actually said Pickett isn’t playing poorly, it’s that the run game is playing better. 

Tomlin is a stubborn ahole and wish he'd be gone too but know that ain't happening.

1-3 after the firing, yep Canada had to have been the problem...

16.6 PPG (10 games; 6-4) before firing on November 21
14.3 PPG (4 games; 1-3) since firing

Just now, posty said:

1-3 after the firing, yep Canada had to have been the problem...

16.6 PPG (10 games; 6-4) before firing on November 21
14.3 PPG (4 games; 1-3) since firing

They also lost their starting QB in that time period. 

The Steelers are a mess, which I find to be odd...because it seems like year after year Tomlin "finds a way"

3 hours ago, RLLD said:

The Steelers are a mess, which I find to be odd...because it seems like year after year Tomlin "finds a way"

Their OL is still not good and they thought it would be, plus offense is to conservative and playbook is very limited. Defense has a lot of injuries at middle LB and secondary and Tomlon lost control of the team.

There’s no doubt Tomlin gets his guys to play for him. Except that child George Pickens. I was pissed when the Giants passed on him due to character concerns. I’m not anymore. He’s 100 pct turd. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

There’s no doubt Tomlin gets his guys to play for him. Except that child George Pickens. I was pissed when the Giants passed on him due to character concerns. I’m not anymore. He’s 100 pct turd. 

Not this season and Tomlin has lost the ship and ain't just Pickens.

1 minute ago, BeenHereBefore said:

Not this season and Tomlin has lost the ship and ain't just Pickens.

He’s the most glaring. Having a guy on your fantasy team and zeroing in on him tells you everything.  That turd just takes plays off that he’s nit involved in.  Hines Ward should pay him a visit. 

14 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

He’s the most glaring. Having a guy on your fantasy team and zeroing in on him tells you everything.  That turd just takes plays off that he’s nit involved in.  Hines Ward should pay him a visit. 

DJ Johnson is a close 2nd to him. Tomlin was having problems with Claypool before that. It stems from Tomlin's very conservative offense to not turnover the ball and the wr's are getting the ball and are acting out.

Go ahead Steelers, fire Tomlin and I guarantee you that he'll have another job before he hangs up the phone. 

Newsflash, the Steelers have ZERO talent. You can dig Vince Lombardi's dead cold body up and it wouldn't matter. 

5 minutes ago, League Champion said:

Go ahead Steelers, fire Tomlin and I guarantee you that he'll have another job before he hangs up the phone. 

Newsflash, the Steelers have ZERO talent. You can dig Vince Lombardi's dead cold body up and it wouldn't matter. 

You are right and their all bums specially that Watt guy.

7 hours ago, BeenHereBefore said:

You are right and their all bums specially that Watt guy.

What good is Watt on a crappy squad? That's like having bald tires on a Ferrari

You could throw the whole family out there and it wouldn't matter. 

I think next year will see some big improvements. Firing Canada mid-season didn’t fix the problem-as they couldn’t exactly re-write the whole playbook. They’re still stuck with what he left them. The morale problems should right themselves after that. 

To say there isn’t talent on this team is stupid.

6 minutes ago, OldMaid said:

say there isn’t talent on this team is stupid

Really? 

They don't have a quarterback, they don't have a WR1, they don't have a TE, ok RBs (Najee sucks), & the o-line sucks.

- Neither Trubisky or Pickett is a franchise QB. Both are backups at best. 

- Dionte Johnson and Pickens are nice players, neither is a WR1 but would make very nice WR2s. 

- Najee Harris is slower than a slug on Fentanyl, Warren is a nice complimentary back but that's all he is. 

- Friermuth is as average as you'll get

Where's all this talent on offense?? 

I think Pickett is going to rebound next year after they fix the whole Canada mess. Maybe not Purdy level, but I think he’ll be fine.

Pickens might arguably be the most talented WR in the league if he could get out of his own way. I think part of his problem is just frustration, but we’re used to drama queen WR’s. 

Najee and Warren have both flashed some signs of being quite good when things are firing on all cylinders. Freiermuth, too, so GFY on those.

4 minutes ago, OldMaid said:

Pickens might arguably be the most talented WR in the league if he could get out of his own way

That's just ridiculous!!! He's a nice WR, he's not in the same conversation as Justin Jefferson, Tyreek Hill, Kupp or Jamar Chase. 

As for Pickett, He was having one of the worst NFL seasons OF ALL TIME prior to getting hurt. 

6 TDs & 4 interceptions in 12 games. 

It doesn't get worse than that. 

18 minutes ago, League Champion said:

Really? 

They don't have a quarterback, they don't have a WR1, they don't have a TE, ok RBs (Najee sucks), & the o-line sucks.

- Neither Trubisky or Pickett is a franchise QB. Both are backups at best. 

- Dionte Johnson and Pickens are nice players, neither is a WR1 but would make very nice WR2s. 

- Najee Harris is slower than a slug on Fentanyl, Warren is a nice complimentary back but that's all he is. 

- Friermuth is as average as you'll get

Where's all this talent on offense?? 

... and yet, they're 7-7.  There are teams that supposedly have great talent (Jacksonville for example), but are only 8-6.

2 minutes ago, League Champion said:

That's just the craziest thing that I've ever heard. He was having one of the worst NFL seasons OF ALL TIME prior to getting hurt. 

6 TDs & 4 interceptions in 12 games. 

It doesn't get worse than that. 

First off, @OldMaid said PICKENS, not PICKETT.  Secondly, it does get A LOT worse than Pickett... Daniel Jones.  He has 2 TD's and 6 Int's in 12 games AND they're paying him $40M.

8 minutes ago, TBayXXXVII said:

First off, @OldMaid said PICKENS, not PICKETT.  Secondly, it does get A LOT worse than Pickett... Daniel Jones.  He has 2 TD's and 6 Int's in 12 games AND they're paying him $40M.

That doesn't make Pickett good, just because Jones sucks to 

4 minutes ago, League Champion said:

That doesn't make Pickett good, just because Jones sucks to 

I didn't say it did.  You said it doesn't get worse... I showed you that it does.