4) Kansas City Chiefs  8-3 (4) 

-----

5) Dallas Cowboys 8-3 (8)

6) Miami Dolphins 8-3 (6)

7) Jacksonville Jaguars 8-3 (7)

8 ) Detroit Lions 8-3 (5) 

9) Buffalo Bills 6-6 (11) 

------

10) Pittsburgh Steelers 7-4 (13) fascinating what's going on there with the offense

11) Houston Texans 6-5 (9)

12) Seattle Seahawks 6-5 (12)

13) Denver Broncos 6-5 (14)

14) Los Angeles Rams 5-6 (16)

15) Cleveland Browns 7-4 (10) hate doing this to them

16) Indianapolis Colts 6-5 (20)

-------

17) Los Angeles Chargers 4-7 (17)

18) Minnesota Vikings 6-6 (15)

19) Green Bay Packers 5-6 (23)

20) New York Jets 4-7 (18)

21) Cincinnati Bengals 5-6 (19) not yet ready to toss them in with the NFC South

-------

22) Atlanta Falcons 5-6 (26)

23) New Orleans Saints 5-6 (21)

24) Las Vegas Raiders 5-7 (25) 

25) Chicago Bears 4-8 (27) 

26) Tampa Bay Buccaneers 4-7 (24) 

27) Washington Redskins 4-8 (22)

28) Tennessee Titans 4-7 (28)

29) New York Giants 4-8 (29) 

30) Arizona Cardinals 2-10 (30)

------

31) Carolina Panthers 1-10 (32)

32) New England Patriots 2-9 (31)

-----

My criteria is if I were a .500 team with a league average offense and a league average defense, who would be hardest team to beat through who would be the easiest pushovers.

Patriots :overhead:

Why do people continue to give the Chargers a break?  They have been overrated for 20 years.  People can't quit them.  

• Like 1

You still have Pitt too high. They are lucky but not good at all.

Sh1t, I’d probably put GB higher than Pitt

5 hours ago, IGotWorms said:

The sky's the limit man, they fired their offensive coordinator and actually outgained the opposition this week (Burrow-less Cincy).

They're 10th because Cincy and Cleveland lost their QB, the bloom is off the rose in Seattle., I really don't have anybody else to shove in there, so the team that keeps hanging around collecting Ws gets it. 

Houston and Denver have been on the rise. I'd had Houston finally leapfrog them last week. Houston lost a tight one to Jax, while Pitt beating Cincy without Burrow isn't so great, so an argument could be had for keeping the Texans ahead.

Good list.   Fwiw, Ravens remaining schedule is brutal where I don't believe the Chiefs face another opponent with a current winning record. 

Chiefs have:

@ Pack 5-6

@ Pats 2-9

Bills 6-6

Raiders 5-7

Bengals 5-6

@ Chargers 4-7

Ravens:

Rams 5-6

@ Jags 8-3

@ 49ers 8-3

Dolphins 8-3

Steelers 7-4

Tough to imagine a scenario where the Chiefs don't end up with a better record than Baltimore, and the Chiefs have head to head wins against the Jags and Fins.  Setup pretty well for the Chiefs to finish as the No. 1 seed. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, cmh6476 said:

Chiefs have:

@ Pack 5-6

@ Pats 2-9

Bills 6-6

Raiders 5-7

Bengals 5-6

@ Chargers 4-7

Ravens:

Rams 5-6

@ Jags 8-3

@ 49ers 8-3

Dolphins 8-3

Steelers 7-4

Tough to imagine a scenario where the Chiefs don't end up with a better record than Baltimore, and the Chiefs have head to head wins against the Jags and Fins.  Setup pretty well for the Chiefs to finish as the No. 1 seed. 

OMG That's brutal. 

11 hours ago, IGotWorms said:

Green Bay is probably closer to Pittsburgh than Pittsburgh is to the Lions. Really, you could take 10-13 and shuffle them up in any random order.

i needed a team to plug in at 10.11. and 12 but it's actually ,more like a 4-way-tie at 13.

At this point, the Browns and Jets are essentially the same team,  maybe it's a mental block looking at that 7-4 and the 4-7 and separating them, or maybe it's courtesy to not drop the Browns that far that fast. The Browns and Bengals need a win to kind of judge where the bottom is. It's been two weeks now and I'm still not comfortable ranking them.

The Browns floor is the Jets and the Jets at 4-7 may be too high themselves but that defense is too scary. The Bengals, I don't know.

Jags make playoffs (soft schedule nice) and go as far as rushing and defense can possibly take them - gotten 'em this far.

Trevor Lawrence takes them no mo. Calling my shot - first round lose to any team.

47 minutes ago, GobbleDog said:

Jags make playoffs (soft schedule nice) and go as far as rushing and defense can possibly take them - gotten 'em this far.

Trevor Lawrence takes them no mo. Calling my shot - first round lose to any team.

I dunno. The AFC wildcard teams looked like monsters a couple of weeks ago but the two best got snakebite and Jax is better than what's left.

They 'd likely face the Steelers, Broncos, Houston, Bills or Browns at home. The Bills seemed likely out because they have to go through schedule hell just to make the playoffs, but with Cincy out and Cleveland vulnerable they're back in contention. The Bills would not be a fun first round matchup to whoever gets stuck with them.

The Browns are at 7 wins but can they hang around without DeShawn?  Indy is north of .500 and deserves a mention too.

Jags are even with Buffalo and better than all of the rest.

I’d put Dallas at 4 just ahead of KC (5) and Detroit (6). JVille is no better than 8. I’d rather face them than the Bills if BUF gets into the postseason.

12 minutes ago, MDC said:

I’d put Dallas at 4 just ahead of KC (5) and Detroit (6). JVille is no better than 8. I’d rather face them than the Bills if BUF gets into the postseason.

Maybe you guys are right Dallas and Jax have the same record. Dallas has a points differential of +182, Jax is only +29. 

Dallas makes mince of average teams on the regular, Arizona being the anomaly. l I'll go edit it.

Going on record here to assert that the Ravens are overrated.....   I think they get outcoached all the focking time.

They come out like gangbusters, usually, and are leading into the fourth quarter of every game.....but lost three of those games....and almost lost another 3.....

So they could easily be 3-9 right now.

Unless they unfock themselves and make better second half adjustments they are out in round 1 of the playoffs.

Just now, RLLD said:

Going on record here to assert that the Ravens are overrated.....   I think they get outcoached all the focking time.

They come out like gangbusters, usually, and are leading into the fourth quarter of every game.....but lost three of those games....and almost lost another 3.....

So they could easily be 3-9 right now.

Unless they unfock themselves and make better second half adjustments they are out in round 1 of the playoffs.

I'd been thinking of moving SF up to second. Had I done this the first five weeks, they'd have been #1 but when I started doing this they were on a three game skid and I think I had them around eight or so and never really got them back past the Ravens.

Maybe part of my appreciation for Baltimore comes from being a shellshocked Lions fan. Were I to do :"Who do the Lions not want any party of",  Baltimore would be enshrined at #1, gimme a crack at Philly or the 9ers. Plus their division, before Cleveland and Cincy lost their QBs, was just brutal and to be kings of the AFC North was particularly impressive. 

• Thanks 1

Pretty spot on list that is hard to argue with.
To personally rant, you still have Washington too high. They’re in tank mode and the players all gave up weeks ago. Rivera knows he’s out after the season and I wouldn’t be surprised if they got rid of Eric B too. If I wanted to win a football game, there isn’t another team I’d rather face than Washington. 

Indy looking likely to get into the postseason is bittersweet.  Of course it’s fun for the hometown, but they’re better off stinking and adding a top-6 or 8 playmaker in the draft.

I’m glad that Steichen has them scoring points this season, but watching games and trying to decipher him is practically impossible.  With the exception of 3-4 situational calls each week, it’s as if he has the entire game scripted and never deviates, no matter how the opponent might be responding (either well or poorly).  Against TB, he clearly went in thinking they wouldn’t have success running.  But when TB showed they couldn’t stop it that day, he still passed 41 times.  5.7 YPC with 2 stud RBs and they get a combined 23 carries.

5 minutes ago, MLCKAA said:

Indy looking likely to get into the postseason is bittersweet.  Of course it’s fun for the hometown, but they’re better off stinking and adding a top-6 or 8 playmaker in the draft.

I’m glad that Steichen has them scoring points this season, but watching games and trying to decipher him is practically impossible.  With the exception of 3-4 situational calls each week, it’s as if he has the entire game scripted and never deviates, no matter how the opponent might be responding (either well or poorly).  Against TB, he clearly went in thinking they wouldn’t have success running.  But when TB showed they couldn’t stop it that day, he still passed 41 times.  5.7 YPC with 2 stud RBs and they get a combined 23 carries.

I should give Indy more credit, their losses have come against good teams and they have early wins against Baltimore and Houston. I'm going to go bump them to 16.

17 minutes ago, MLCKAA said:

I feel the same about the Packers.  it is difficult to not cheer for my team, but they would benefit from a better draft position, something they have not expereiced in three decades.  Still, since learning to win is also important I continue to cheer for them.  This will certainly not be their year, not even close, but a playoff push would provide some excitement even though I know they would fair poorly and be a one and out team IF they made it so far.

Eagles are a frustratng team. If you're good, they'll somehow find a way to beat you and if you're bad, they'll also somehow find a way to beat you.

But they really are in the midst of a nice run of really good teams they've overcome with an enormous obstacle this week.

2024 NFL Draft Order    

1  CHI 

2  Arizona 

3  New England

4  Chicago

5 Washington

6  NY Giants

7  Tampa Bay

8  NY Jets

9 LA Chargers  

10  Tennessee

3 hours ago, MLCKAA said:

I don't really agree.  Colts maybe in a different situation.  

But a few weeks ago someone said to me would you rather have a top 7 pick or squeeze into the playoffs with no shot.  

I said squeeze in no shot.  Means your roster doesn't suck and players are improving.  Coaching is making sense.  A player at 6 doesnt turn a sputtering crap team around.  Give me the improving team over a pick 14 spots higher.  

Taking a QB is the exception.   

3 hours ago, Engorgeous George said:

I feel the same about the Packers.  it is difficult to not cheer for my team, but they would benefit from a better draft position, something they have not expereiced in three decades.  Still, since learning to win is also important I continue to cheer for them.  This will certainly not be their year, not even close, but a playoff push would provide some excitement even though I know they would fair poorly and be a one and out team IF they made it so far.

The team is coming together.  Thats what we want to see.  Young CBs and the left tackle are coming along nicely.  Recievers may be growing up.  And most importantly Love is starting to find his game.  

All waaaaaaay more important going forward than a higher pick.  

Colts I sort of get because their RB QB is out.  So doing poorly doesn't mean he woukd have to suck.  But still you want your team to look legit.  

The draft much of the time is a crapshoot.   

35 minutes ago, listen2me 23 said:

I don't really agree.  Colts maybe in a different situation.  

But a few weeks ago someone said to me would you rather have a top 7 pick or squeeze into the playoffs with no shot.  

I said squeeze in no shot.  Means your roster doesn't suck and players are improving.  Coaching is making sense.  A player at 6 doesnt turn a sputtering crap team around.  Give me the improving team over a pick 14 spots higher.  

Taking a QB is the exception.   

I might be able to agree with you if they weren’t astonishingly weak in the defensive backfield OR had a GM who would use FA to fix anything.

There are plenty of articles online that juxtapose Chris Ballard’s draft ineptitude with his refusal to sign free agents.  If you are only willing to use the draft, then you have to be successful at it.

Just now, MLCKAA said:

I might be able to agree with you if they weren’t astonishingly weak in the defensive backfield OR had a GM who would use FA to fix anything.

There are plenty of articles online that juxtapose Chris Ballard’s draft ineptitude with his refusal to sign free agents.  If you are only willing to use the draft, then you have to be successful at it.

All thr more reason to not care where they pick and root for improvement of the roster.  

FAs generally suck.  Overpaid much of the time.  Draft is the way to build a team from the bottom.  

Its different for you compared to Packers situation.  If GBs keeps losing that means Love probably isn't doing well.  If Colts lose it isn't a concern for your new QB.  

Its nice come draft day to sit at 6 instead of 19.   But at least for the Packers, I am happy to see some of their young players start to click.  Happy to see a hungry team.   These matter to me much more than picking up high.  Like I said, exception would be if you were looking for a new QB.  

8 minutes ago, listen2me 23 said:

All thr more reason to not care where they pick and root for improvement of the roster.  

Naturally, the hope would be to not miss on that high pick.

Listen, it’s just frustrating to watch that administration.  Dck around at QB for years after Luck retired, only to draft a QB high in a really weak QB class, knowing that dudes like Maye, Williams, Penix, Nix, McCarthy etc are coming out the following year.  Ignore enormous areas of need on defense and then completely whiff in the draft.  Ballard is a dolt.

6 hours ago, edjr said:

2024 NFL Draft Order    

1  CHI 

2  Arizona 

3  New England

4  Chicago

5 Washington

6  NY Giants

7  Tampa Bay

8  NY Jets

9 LA Chargers  

10  Tennessee

No Maye or Williams for NE? :( 

Marvin Harrison Jr would be a great consolation prize but who’s going to throw it to him? Maybe you could get a Kirk cousins or something but they need a long term centerpiece to rebuild around 

2 hours ago, IGotWorms said:

No Maye or Williams for NE? :( 

Marvin Harrison Jr would be a great consolation prize but who’s going to throw it to him? Maybe you could get a Kirk cousins or something but they need a long term centerpiece to rebuild around 

Justin Fields :dunno:

26 minutes ago, edjr said:

Justin Fields :dunno:

Interesting conundrum. He’s not the guy but he’s played well enough this year that it’d be hard to justify casting him aside

On 11/27/2023 at 12:39 PM, IGotWorms said:

They win by not turning the ball over and bend not break on D. Not much luck has to do with it.

There aren't 32  QBs in the league better than Justin Fields. I'm not down on him at all. Dude's at worst a low-end starter but with the right coaching and development and environment, there may be an extra gear or three in him yet. 

24 minutes ago, Voltaire said:

There aren't 32  QBs in the league better than Justin Fields. I'm not down on him at all. Dude's at worst a low-end starter but with the right coaching and development and environment, there may be an extra gear or three in him yet. 

He's better then a few starters now but not many.

56 minutes ago, Voltaire said:

There aren’t 32 better than him, but there’s easily 15-20. And that’s just not going to get you very far 

7 hours ago, BeenHereBefore said:

He's better then a few starters now but not many.

7 hours ago, IGotWorms said:

There aren’t 32 better than him, but there’s easily 15-20. And that’s just not going to get you very far 

I think the talent is there in flashes and he's got the ability to get it all together more than any of the other low-end young QBs. I wouldn't give up on him. If he does go to placeholder and backup status, he's the candidate most likely to Geno Smith his career later.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Voltaire said:

I think the talent is there in flashes and he's got the ability to get it all together more than any of the other low-end young QBs. I wouldn't give up on him. If he does go to placeholder and backup status, he's the candidate most likely to Geno Smith his career later.

Yea and agree with this but more then not sometimes the light bulb never turns on.

16 hours ago, IGotWorms said:

Interesting conundrum. He’s not the guy but he’s played well enough this year that it’d be hard to justify casting him aside

Assume Bears move on.  Interesting to see what sort of contract he gets.  I have no clue really.  Woukf some OC see something to work with and give him more than other teams?