IGotWorms

New Iowa caucus poll

1 hour ago, The Psychic Observer said:

So schools were closed under Trump, and then reopened under Biden, and you're trying to tell me that the lockdowns are the authoritarian Biden's fault?

You claimed the vax came and voila! Schools were opened and everything went back to normal.  Sorry you can’t remember what you wrote two posts ago. 

3 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

You claimed the vax came and voila! Schools were opened and everything went back to normal.  Sorry you can’t remember what you wrote two posts ago. 

voila?  I never said voila.  But yes under Biden, we got the vax, schools opened, businesses opened, covid was over.  How do you not understand this?

4 minutes ago, The Psychic Observer said:

voila?  I never said voila.  But yes under Biden, we got the vax, schools opened, businesses opened, covid was over.  How do you not understand this?

The vax came about in December of 2020. The schools were still shut down in many areas of the country until Sept 21. How do you not understand your own words? Here’s your mic. Try again.  

13 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

The vax came about in December of 2020. The schools were still shut down in many areas of the country until Sept 21. How do you not understand your own words? Here’s your mic. Try again.  

And both of these events happened after Biden took office correct?  Those were my words.  What do you not understand about this?  Maybe troll someone else.

6 minutes ago, The Psychic Observer said:

And both of these events happened after Biden took office correct?  Those were my words.  What do you not understand about this?  Maybe troll someone else.

Incorrect. The vax came about in December of 2020, like I wrote earlier. Millions were already vaccinated by the time Biden took office. So there was no quick “back to normal” like you claimed. Schools were closed until September. Did you not live through it? I know you have TDS and HTDS, but stop making things up.  

24 minutes ago, The Psychic Observer said:

Disneyland opened 18 months after Disney World. Disney World, opened under Trump Disneyland opened under Biden.

in June 2020 Trump declared that it was time to open up the economy. Some states listened like Florida, and some states didn’t like California. These were state decisions, not federal decisions. Of course the mask mandates and the vaccine mandates were federal mandates.

1 hour ago, The Psychic Observer said:

Why are these people allowed to vote?  JFC

I'm fine with a transitional dictatorship to make the constitution relevant again. I'd also enjoy seeing Democrats arrested in mass. 

• Haha 1

Just now, iam90sbaby said:

I'm fine with a transitional dictatorship to make the constitution relevant again. I'd also enjoy seeing Democrats arrested in mass. 

:mellow:

2 hours ago, Herbivore said:

ha, fair enough. you gave 40% taxes, lockdowns and vaccinations. I am not psyched about taxes, but they have existed long before I was born and will be here long after I am gone. They do pay for some good things that we should all support, obviously there is waste and disagreement about what we spend that money on. The lockdowns were a response to an unknown at least possible pandemic in which many people died, and as I said, probably went on too long. Vaccination status - meh. People had a choice. So I do not consider any of these authoritarian. One thing that maybe I would consider Authoritarian - The War on Drugs. 

You're not worth having a discussion with. If you don't think locking people in their homes and limiting how many people they can even have at their house is authoritarianism or at least flirting with it you're too far gone. Keep on keepin on brother man

1 minute ago, squistion said:

:mellow:

D Politicians, not the stupid people who believe everything they say 

4 minutes ago, iam90sbaby said:

:lol:

4 minutes ago, iam90sbaby said:

You're not worth having a discussion with. If you don't think locking people in their homes and limiting how many people they can even have at their house is authoritarianism or at least flirting with it you're too far gone. Keep on keepin on brother man

Sorry that you have a tough time having a discussion with someone who doesn't agree with your opinion. 

5 minutes ago, Herbivore said:

Sorry that you have a tough time having a discussion with someone who doesn't agree with your opinion. 

People that had a problem with getting vaxxed, wearing masks, and schools shutting down, IMO, are short sighted and selfish. Those efforts were to protect the vulnerable among us. It saddens me, as someone in the health-care sector, that the average American cares more about their own comfort and convenience than they do about the health and well-being of their neighbors. 

4 minutes ago, Fnord said:

People that had a problem with getting vaxxed, wearing masks, and schools shutting down, IMO, are short sighted and selfish. Those efforts were to protect the vulnerable among us. It saddens me, as someone in the health-care sector, that the average American cares more about their own comfort and convenience than they do about the health and well-being of their neighbors. 

Perhaps, as it turns out, they were also correct....

1 hour ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Incorrect. The vax came about in December of 2020, like I wrote earlier. Millions were already vaccinated by the time Biden took office. So there was no quick “back to normal” like you claimed. Schools were closed until September. Did you not live through it? I know you have TDS and HTDS, but stop making things up.  

Where did I claim anything was quick?

2 minutes ago, RLLD said:

but actually, they were wrong

29 minutes ago, iam90sbaby said:

The brains of "Americans" are poisoned.

I'm fine with dictatorship.  WTF!  I'm fine with destroying our constitution if it means making the constitution relevant?  Huh?  Do you even listen to yourself?

Just now, Herbivore said:

but actually, they were wrong

In fact they were correct, as has been born out.  But setting that aside. There was plenty of rational reason to take those actions, when the initial problem arose.  The problem was..... when it was clear those methods were not actually effective, there was no effort to correct course. 

And locations that did follow the science and react to the fact the the initial moves were not in fact the right moves, they were castigated for doing proper science....

22 minutes ago, Fnord said:

You know what? I don’t give a shitt what you people say. Those schools remained closed for political purposes. It was obvious early on that Covid posed little to no threat to kids and those without co morbidities.  Some states were open well before others without kids or staff being harmed. And then you had teachers unions in some places refusing to open until thier agenda considerations that had zero to do with Covid were met. Now tell me that didn’t happen. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, RLLD said:

In fact they were correct, as has been born out.  But setting that aside. There was plenty of rational reason to take those actions, when the initial problem arose.  The problem was..... when it was clear those methods were not actually effective, there was no effort to correct course. 

And locations that did follow the science and react to the fact the the initial moves were not in fact the right moves, they were castigated for doing proper science....

I do agree that some things went on too long, and agree about the poor course correction. Disagree about the initial moves and their rightness. I think if we were more vigilant at the start we would have better results. Could there have been better options, maybe. Lot of people died, and I believe more would have without some of those measures. 

Just now, Herbivore said:

I do agree that some things went on too long, and agree about the poor course correction. Disagree about the initial moves and their rightness. I think if we were more vigilant at the start we would have better results. Could there have been better options, maybe. Lot of people died, and I believe more would have without some of those measures. 

I think we agree on more than we disagree   :cheers:

• Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, The Psychic Observer said:

Where did I claim anything was quick?

You said the schools were closed under Trump and opened under Biden.  Trump didn’t close any schools. But you want to give credit to Biden for them opening. Almost a year later. You’re an idiot. 

2 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

You know what? I don’t give a shitt what you people say. Those schools remained closed for political purposes. It was obvious early on that Covid posed little to no threat to kids and those without co morbidities.  Some states were open well before others without kids or staff being harmed. And then you had teachers unions in some places refusing to open until thier agenda considerations that had zero to do with Covid were met. Now tell that didn’t happen. 

Of the people that I know(actually not personally, my friend is a teacher) that died of Covid, they were teachers. She knew at least 3. But yeah, something better should have happened. 

8 minutes ago, Herbivore said:

One way aisles in Walmart made all the difference imo.  

20 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

And then you had teachers unions in some places refusing to open until thier agenda considerations that had zero to do with Covid were met. Now tell me that didn’t happen. 

100% correct.  Randi wasn’t gonna let this crisis go to waste.

17 minutes ago, Herbivore said:

Of the people that I know(actually not personally, my friend is a teacher) that died of Covid, they were teachers. She knew at least 3. But yeah, something better should have happened. 

I bet they had co morbidities. And they should have been exempted from returning to work, with pay.  No problem. And I doubt there was any proof they contracted it at school. You know Covid is still happening , right? Shouldn’t we have teachers seriously affected by it now, to some degree? It was politics that kept them closed. Not in the beginning, we were all for that, myself included. But the evidence was overwhelming after a while yet they remained closed in areas where the teachers union had power. I don’t care what any of you say. I lived through it. Why the Fock was Randy Weingarten calling the shots? Consulted? Fine. But she was the one that kept them shut down. She’s not a health expert. Or an expert in anything. 

34 minutes ago, RLLD said:

He should tell that to the people who lost their livelihood’s over it.

Just now, Fireballer said:

100% correct.  Randi wasn’t gonna let this crisis go to waste.

They think it’s a right wing conspiracy of course. Despite the Biden admin acknowledging her role, well outside her lane. And of course we will dismiss her testimony in front of congress.  

15 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

You said the schools were closed under Trump and opened under Biden.  Trump didn’t close any schools. But you want to give credit to Biden for them opening. Almost a year later. You’re an idiot. 

The statement was made that Biden is an authoritarian who instituted forced lockdowns.  That's patently not true, and I made that point before you chimed in with your nonsense.  Good Day.

2 hours ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

"Millions" vaxxed during Trump's unorganized mess of a term meant a couple million of the HUNDRED million + that Biden and team managed to organize and pull off.  Schools closed under Trump and opened less than 3/4 into Biden's first term.  A term in which Trump handed over a disaster of a country with massive unemployment, no vaxx plan, $8T increase in the debt, destroyed supply chains, massive inflation just beginning from all the damage Trump did, etc.

Country under Trump = closed.

Country less than 3/4 into Biden's term = open.

• Confused 1

I’m not bothering with this beach guy jerkoff. Dismissed. 

6 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

I’m not bothering with this beach guy jerkoff. Dismissed. 

Facts are kryptonite to those who a ruled by feelings.

I understand friend.

55k votes though...how embarrassing.  I'm sure he'll draw a few more people to vote for him next time. 

Just now, BeachGuy23 said:

Facts are kryptonite to those who a ruled by feelings.

I understand friend.

55k votes though...how embarrassing.  I'm sure he'll draw a few more people to vote for him next time. 

I told you I have dismissed you. Move along. 

1 minute ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

I told you I have dismissed you. Move along. 

I wonder why you conservatives are so scared to engage in a discussion on facts?

It's not like I'm asking you for a link to any of your hairbrained posts or anything.

🤣

• Haha 1