Sign in to follow this  
polecatt

Top 5 Fantasy Football WRs for 2024

Who will be the top 5 Fantasy Football WRs for 2024?  My list is PPR. If yours is some other format, make note

Post your list and discuss

5. Puka Nacua

4. CeeDee Lamb

3. Ja'Marr Chase

2. Justin Jefferson

1. Tyreek Hill

1. Hill

2. St. Brown

3. Jefferson

4.CeeDee

5. Puka

Puka might be top two if they had a decent QB.

Full/half/non ppr? 

18 hours ago, weepaws said:

Full/half/non ppr? 

Whatever you want it to be, just make note. Like I said in the other thread, mine is PPR. Probably should have been more specific

Okay my big league is going back to a 14 team non ppr. 

So I’ll go non ppr.  

Chase

Hill

St Brown

Lamb

Jefferson.  

1. St Brown

2. Lamb

3. Chase

4. Hill

5. Wilson

Need to see what happens with Jefferson’s contract

Pittman is an intriguing dark horse candidate, can he ever sniff double digit TDs?

1 hour ago, IGotWorms said:

Pittman is an intriguing dark horse candidate, can he ever sniff double digit TDs?

I think that has a lot to do with our other conversation about Anthony Richardson  🤣

If his QB can stay on the field, they could turn into one of the better QB/WR combos in the NFL.

That's the thing now at WR, there's a few set at the top for good reason. There's probably 10-15 WRs that are just a small step below, that should luck go their way, they jump into that elite group, at least for a season.

I think, AJ Brown and Nico Collins are pretty close to top 5. Could also see Davante Adams and Jaylen Waddle possibly being top 5 in fantasy for WRs too. Maybe, DK Metcalf, George Pickens.

• Confused 1

PPR

1. C. Lamb

2. T. Hill

3. G. Wilson 

4. St. Brown

5. K. Allen

Lamb gets fed, Tyreek is a beast in a high octane offense, Wilson was WR24 with a revolving door at QB and only 3 TD's... he takes that 3rd year leap with a healthy Rodgers. St. Brown stays steady and Keenan Allen is the most underrated WR in FF because of injuries and age but the simple fact is, when on the field, he is top 3 in points per game. His 4 missed games to end the season would have been 1 or 2 games only if Herbert was healthy and the Chargers had something to play for. Add in Jim Harbaugh and Keenan Allen is someone everyone should be targeting in round 3 of their drafts. Just like you should have been this year. The bonus is that those end of season missed games will keep his ADP in check. 

for good measure

6. J. Chase  -   possibly should be higher if Higgins leaves town

7. J. Jefferson    -   Need to see who the QB is and if that QB locks onto JJ or distributes more evenly to JJ/Hock/Addison. If Cousins was coming back, i'd have JJ #3. 

2 hours ago, RareN64Dream said:

I could see Stefon Diggs having a bounce back season. Is Mike Evans close to top 5?

No on both. Diggs has some attitude issues going on. Evans had a very nice bounce back year but he is TD dependent and even then was just WR11 in PPR points per game this year. He had a pretty poor 2022. Where he ends up in the offseason will be key but I don't see any situation where he is even top 10. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, RareN64Dream said:

I think, AJ Brown and Nico Collins are pretty close to top 5. Could also see Davante Adams and Jaylen Waddle possibly being top 5 in fantasy for WRs too. Maybe, DK Metcalf, George Pickens.

Nico Collins will benefit in real life from Tank Dell being back but it will hurt him in fantasy. Pickens won't have the QB to support a top 5 finish and I question his attitude as well. Waddle won't ever be a fantasy top 5 WR while Hill is on the field. DK was WR23 on a points per game basis and he had his QB all season. Tyler Lockett would have to be cut but even then, JSN is ready to step up. Adams will be held back by QB play, depending. 

AJ Brown is the only one I can see but Hurts took a step back and Brown didn't seem like the same receiver after their bye week. 

• Like 1

Not sold on G Wilson being a top five wr.  I wouldn’t leap him over Jefferson or Chase.  

Full PPR

(1) Justin Jefferson

(2) Amon Ra 

(3) CeeDee

(4) Tyreek

(5) Jamar Chase

Honorable mention to Marvin Harrison Jr no matter where he goes. 

DeVonta Smith and Amari Cooper are two that kind of remind me of each other. They have some random huge games; and otherwise their stats are like around 50th overall for WRs or so. That big game Cooper had near the end of the season could be a sign he somehow becomes top 5 WR next year? I know the Browns didn't exactly have the same QB the whole season.

Someone told me DeVonta is too old; after I was willing to trade him and some other players and I was like, "He is only age 24" at that timing??

I think Cooper would be a real long shot for a top five finish.   With A J Brown around no way can one count on D Smith to be a top deliver.  

• Like 1

23 hours ago, weepaws said:

Not sold on G Wilson being a top five wr.  I wouldn’t leap him over Jefferson or Chase.  

I just don't think it's fun to go with all the usual suspects. 

On 2/6/2024 at 2:41 PM, weepaws said:

Agree, unless it's full PPR He does catch a ton of balls. 

95 rec last season is very impressive since he did that without a Qb 

On 2/6/2024 at 9:33 AM, RareN64Dream said:

I could see Stefon Diggs having a bounce back season. Is Mike Evans close to top 5?

He ain't got it no more

20 hours ago, WhiteWonder said:

I just don't think it's fun to go with all the usual suspects. 

18 hours ago, Maximum Overkill said:

Agree, unless it's full PPR He does catch a ton of balls. 

With Aaron Rodgers next season, I can Wilson putting up 100+ receptions, 1200+ yards and 10+ TD's.

38 minutes ago, TBayXXXVII said:

With Aaron Rodgers next season, I can Wilson putting up 100+ receptions, 1200+ yards and 10+ TD's.

No doubt. He was over a thousand last season with scrubs QBs. 

One guy I think that's overlooked but could certainly have a shot at the top 6 is Buccaneets WR MIKE EVANS. He's had jver 1,000 every year in the league and looks like Baker Mayfield will be throwing to him. One real.dark.horse candidate could be the Jaguars WR CALVIN RIDLEY.  Lots of people thought Ridley was gonna bust out this past year but it didn't happen. Yeah there's other guys there who'll want the ball but Ridley has some experience now with Lawrence and he certainly has the talent to be a top WR. I believe the Jags will throw more this coming year  and that'll benefit Ridley and give him a shot to be a top 5 WR in 2024.

Don’t forget about Rice.  Kelce is only playing until November next year because his rat face girlfriend has promised that she’s moving out of the country after Trump is re-elected, and I’m sure he’ll go with her (dude has shown he’s a follower).  That leaves Rice as the top option for Mahomes.

• Sad 1

The top 5 are kind of boring only because we all have a pretty good idea as to who they should be the next five is where the fun starts

Jefferson 

Hill

Chace

Lamb

St Brown

AJ Brown

Wilson

Puka

Adams

Waddle

17 minutes ago, Super Cubs said:

The top 5 are kind of boring only because we all have a pretty good idea as to who they should be the next five is where the fun starts

Jefferson 

Hill

Chace

Lamb

St Brown

AJ Brown

Wilson

Puka

Adams

Waddle

That's a good list but I'm not sure about Waddle. Nico Collins makes the top 10 IMO. 

On 2/18/2024 at 9:00 AM, Super Cubs said:

i don't know. I think expanding to the top 10 just means you don't have to get creative with a top 5. 

On 2/18/2024 at 9:19 AM, Maximum Overkill said:

That's a good list but I'm not sure about Waddle. Nico Collins makes the top 10 IMO. 

I also would not have Waddle this high unless projecting a Hill injury. As much as I like Nico, assuming Tank Dell is back and healthy, I can't see Nico there either. 

On 2/22/2024 at 9:30 AM, WhiteWonder said:

i don't know. I think expanding to the top 10 just means you don't have to get creative with a top 5. 

who is getting creative with their top 5. Most list have the same 3 or 4 players Hill, Jefferson, Chase, Lamb, and only the 5th and sometimes the 4th changing.   

if it is about being creative I would like to change mine to

Puka

AJ Brown

Higgins

Evans

Odunze

2 hours ago, Super Cubs said:

who is getting creative with their top 5. Most list have the same 3 or 4 players Hill, Jefferson, Chase, Lamb, and only the 5th and sometimes the 4th changing.   

Puka

AJ Brown

Higgins

Evans

Odunze

It’s not necessarily about being creative I suppose. Wrong choice of wording by me. but year to year the top 5 changes pretty dramatically so it’s nice to see a wider range of players listed in top 5s I think. 

On 2/5/2024 at 9:15 PM, FrancieFootball said:

I think Olave is a dark horse.

I dont know if hes that much of a dark horse.... hes a pretty damn good WR.    another step in his development (assuming he hasnt peaked yet) and he could be deadly good.

3 minutes ago, Ray_T said:

I dont know if hes that much of a dark horse.... hes a pretty damn good WR.    another step in his development (assuming he hasnt peaked yet) and he could be deadly good.

I think, with a whole off-season to heal up and stuff; he will only get better. He has taken a lot of shots to the head from defensive players in the past. Seems like a tough dude.

4 hours ago, Super Cubs said:

Puka

AJ Brown

Higgins

Evans

Odunze

Amen.  That’s exactly what he was saying, good move.  

I don’t see top five for Olave., unless I was being creative.  🤪

1 hour ago, weepaws said:

I don’t see top five for Olave., unless I was being creative.  🤪

okay, preacher man. 

I know you're not the sharpest but I think even you can grasp the concept of "not just going chalk". 

Sure, everyone can just copy/paste from fantasy pros and have lamb, jefferson, hill, chase and st. brown. Doesn't make for a very interesting topic.  

This is really a “just for fun” list at this point in the off-season.  Until FA, draft, etc play out there’s no way to be accurate.  For example…if Mike Evans lands in the right situation, he could be an easy top 5.  What if Atlanta gets a real QB?  What if Kelce defects to Cuba with his pet rat?  What if Brady comes out of retirement to play for the Saints making Olave a DND?

7 minutes ago, JagFan said:

This is really a “just for fun” list at this point in the off-season.  Until FA, draft, etc play out there’s no way to be accurate.  For example…if Mike Evans lands in the right situation, he could be an easy top 5.  What if Atlanta gets a real QB?  What if Kelce defects to Cuba with his pet rat?  What if Brady comes out of retirement to play for the Saints making Olave a DND?

I made one for all the main fantasy positions but for whatever reason only the WR one is popular 😆

It was in hopes of kind of gauging the rankings through the offseason. See how they may change with FA, the draft, injuries, or anything else that may happen before next season.

Right now though, yeah it's mostly for fun