squistion

"Black National Anthem" Will Be Performed at Super Bowl

Anybody here not watch the SB over this?

• Sad 1

Just now, MDC said:

Probably the same number that quit watching the NFL when players were kneeling during The National Anthem. 

3 minutes ago, MDC said:

I watched and tried to listen.  I honesty only understood about 8 total words she sung.

Leftists dividing us once again. They fear a United people.  They would be focked. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, squistion said:

So Josh Hill is suggesting that segregation is the answer?  That's pretty racist.  Who does he hate, black people or white people?

3 minutes ago, TBayXXXVII said:

So Josh Hill is suggesting that segregation is the answer?  That's pretty racist.  Who does he hate, black people or white people?

You read that fun fact and think he's calling for segregation?

33 minutes ago, MDC said:

I don't know why people here are beotching about it.

This is the NFL. This is what they support week in and week out. The NFL made it abundantly clear white people are a problem with their DEI initiatives, Black Lives Matter, kneeling, putting criminal names on helmets, #endracism, The black national anthem, etc...

Conservatives need to STFU already.

1 hour ago, Baker Boy said:

Democratic congressman hits Super Bowl fans for not standing for 'Negro National Anthem'

'Very very few stood for ‘Lift Every Voice and Sing... Not a pretty picture of Super Bowl crowd,' Tennessee Rep. Steve Cohen wrote on X

https://www.foxnews.com/media/democratic-congressman-hits-super-bowl-fans-not-standing-negro-national-anthem

Oh, now we are supposed to stand for the anthem(s)?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

I’d rather be a slave in Virginia in 1845 than a peasant in Ireland in 1845. Get over it. Cope. 

This is another incredibly ignorant comment. What you’re basically saying is that you’d rather be a slave than dead. BFD. 
Even during the worst years of the Great Famine, like 1845, the Irish peasants were free to emigrate. Black slaves were not. Trying to compare the two is really awful. 

I miss the good old days of just the anthem. With this song and America the Beautiful, we now have 3 songs.  I imagine the players are thrilled to stand there for 10 minutes and cool down. :rolleyes:

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, The Real timschochet said:

This is another incredibly ignorant comment. What you’re basically saying is that you’d rather be a slave than dead. BFD. 
Even during the worst years of the Great Famine, like 1845, the Irish peasants were free to emigrate. Black slaves were not. Trying to compare the two is really awful. 

That has got to be the worst comparison I have seen from him and maybe the worse ever made on this board. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, The Real timschochet said:

Yeah you could emigrate. If you hadn’t been starved  to death. And you think people could just walk down to the dock and hop on a boat? You needed money for that. You think the ones being starved had money? Also, have you ever heard of a coffin ship? Bet you haven’t. They would throw so many dead Irish overboard that sharks followed the boats across the ocean.  

14 minutes ago, The Psychic Observer said:

You read that fun fact and think he's calling for segregation?

I read it as him being a race baiter.  Which he is.

Slavery is better than starving to death. Anyone arguing against that has never been hungry or done hard work. 

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, MDC said:

The First Super Bowl was 2:37 long. I don’t care to sit through all the bull crap for few minutes of action.

1 minute ago, Baker Boy said:

The First Super Bowl was 2:37 long. I don’t care to sit through all the bull crap for few minutes of action.

Thanks for chiming in grandpa.

4 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Yeah you could emigrate. If you hadn’t been starved  to death. And you think people could just walk down to the dock and hop on a boat? You needed money for that. You think the ones being starved had money? Also, have you ever heard of a coffin ship? Bet you haven’t. They would throw so many dead Irish overboard that sharks followed the boats across the ocean.  

Yes I know all about the Death Ships. I’ve read a few books on the Great Famine in my time. It was a horrible time. And it was completely preventable. Potatoes were the only crop that failed- Ireland produced plenty of food to feed the natives but it was shipped to England by the British landlords who were in debt. These same landlords also prevented the peasants from fishing in order to protect land ownerships for the Scots Protestants they had imported in Ulster. 

It was a terrible time. But trying to compare it to the centuries of American black slavery is just absurd and awful. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Baker Boy said:

Is that you, President Biden? 

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, The Real timschochet said:

Yes I know all about the Death Ships. I’ve read a few books on the Great Famine in my time. It was a horrible time. And it was completely preventable. Potatoes were the only crop that failed- Ireland produced plenty of food to feed the natives but it was shipped to England by the British landlords who were in debt. These same landlords also prevented the peasants from fishing in order to protect land ownerships for the Scots Protestants they had imported in Ulster. 

It was a terrible time. But trying to compare it to the centuries of American black slavery is just absurd and awful. 

Starving to death is an awful way to die. One of the worst. Watching your children die that way is worse. What would you choose? 

5 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Starving to death is an awful way to die. One of the worst. Watching your children die that way is worse. What would you choose? 

You do realize that there were black slaves who murdered their own babies rather than see them grow up in slavery, right? And that there were babies that were sold away from their parents right after being born, or as young children? And that husbands were sold away from their wives and vice versa? And that this lasted for hundreds of years, not for a couple of terrible years? So please stop with this comparison. It’s offensive. 

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, The Real timschochet said:

You do realize that there were black slaves who murdered their own babies rather than see them grow up in slavery, right? And that there were babies that were sold away from their parents right after being born, or as young children? And that husbands were sold away from their wives and vice versa? And that this lasted for hundreds of years, not for a couple of terrible years? So please stop with this comparison. It’s offensive. 

Yes I do.  I specifically said 1845. But I’ll expand it from 1789 if you like. 

59 minutes ago, The Real timschochet said:

Yeah dude human history is full of these kinds of horrors for all races. Some of us have moved on. And some of us race bait and try and profit from it. We know which side you're on.

4 minutes ago, Cdub100 said:

Yeah dude human history is full of these kinds of horrors for all races. Some of us have moved on. And some of us race bait and try and profit from it. We know which side you're on.

And that’s the point. But by acknowledging that, they give up a political advantage. I wonder if Tim knows that the Indians that had to endure the trail of tears took their slaves with them? 

3 minutes ago, lickin_starfish said:

Where is this country called Black? I can't find it on any map.

It's called Baltimore 

5 hours ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Sharks know a tastee corpse when they bite it.

9 minutes ago, Engorgeous George said:

Sharks know a tastee corpse when they bite it.

Celticphobe

11 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Celticphobe

Nope.  I just recognize that my ancestors were way tastier than those filthy Brittish pigs.  Far tastier too than those purfumed french ponces who sometimes sailed the north atlantic.  We were well muscled and whisky cured.

😆 When is someone going to tell these fruitcakes that we only have one national anthem? 😆

https://www.foxnews.com/media/democratic-congressman-hits-super-bowl-fans-not-standing-negro-national-anthem

Democratic congressman hits Super Bowl fans for not standing for 'Negro National Anthem'

A Democratic congressman raised some eyebrows online Sunday when he took a shot at the Super Bowl crowd in Las Vegas, saying very few fans stood for the singing of "Lift Every Voice and Sing," calling it "not a very pretty picture."

Known colloquially as the "Black National Anthem," Grammy winner Andra Day performed the song as part of the pre-game festivities for Super Bowl LVIII between the Kansas City Chiefs and San Francisco 49ers.

"Very very few stood for ‘Lift Every Voice and Sing,’" Rep. Steve Cohen, D-Tenn. wrote on X. "The Negro National Anthem. Not a pretty picture of Super Bowl crowd." Cohen represents a majority-Black district in western Tennessee.

Cohen's tweet drew attention online, and the Democrat responded to his critics in the moment. One told him he should only stand for one national anthem, "The Star-Spangled Banner," but Cohen wrote back, "I stand for both. And in Memphis, most do."