squistion

"Black National Anthem" Will Be Performed at Super Bowl

I am sure this decision by the NFL will be warmly received by all the open-minded folks on this forum. 🙂

https://www.ntd.com/nfl-announces-black-national-anthem-will-be-performed-at-super-bowl_967515.html

NFL Announces ‘Black National Anthem’ Will Be Performed at Super Bowl

The NFL has announced that the pregame entertainment for Super Bowl LVIII will include the performance of a song known colloquially as the “Black National Anthem,” drawing mixed reactions and stirring debate on social media and beyond.

Grammy-winning R&B singer Andra Day will perform “Lift Every Voice and Sing,” unofficially known as the “Black National Anthem,” ahead of the Super Bowl game at Allegiant Stadium in Las Vegas, Nevada, on Feb. 11, the NFL said in a Jan. 18 announcement.

The song, written by NAACP leader James Weldon Johnson in 1900, served as a rallying cry for black Americans during the civil rights era.

Ms. Day took to X, formerly known as Twitter, to post her reaction to the NFL’s announcement.

“Peace & Blessings!!! Performing the Anthem at the SuperBowl yall! Grateful! Thank You God,” she wrote.

While Ms. Day’s reaction to the NFL’s announcement was understandably positive, reactions on X to the NFL’s post were mixed.

Reactions

Some reactions online to news that Ms. Day would be singing the “Black National Anthem” at the Super Bowl were positive, with some people praising the lineup.

“That’s a good lineup! Love it,” one user commented in a post on X.

Country music legend Reba McEntire will perform the national anthem at the pre-game show, while musician Post Malone will deliver a rendition of “America the Beautiful.”

There were plenty of negative reactions to the NFL’s decision to include “Lift Every Voice and Sing” at the pre-game show, however.

Some people suggested it sows division because there already is a national anthem for everyone.

“No need for a separate national anthem for the black community,” one user wrote. “Don’t need a ‘black’ national anthem and an ‘everyone else’ national anthem. Our national anthem is called that for a reason—it’s for all Americans.”

Another user said they found “Lift Every Voice and Sing” a “beautiful song” but added they would rather have no anthem at all performed at the Super Bowl “than two divided on race.”

10 minutes ago, squistion said:

I am sure this decision by the NFL will be warmly received by all the open-minded folks on this forum. 🙂

https://www.ntd.com/nfl-announces-black-national-anthem-will-be-performed-at-super-bowl_967515.html

NFL Announces ‘Black National Anthem’ Will Be Performed at Super Bowl

The NFL has announced that the pregame entertainment for Super Bowl LVIII will include the performance of a song known colloquially as the “Black National Anthem,” drawing mixed reactions and stirring debate on social media and beyond.

Grammy-winning R&B singer Andra Day will perform “Lift Every Voice and Sing,” unofficially known as the “Black National Anthem,” ahead of the Super Bowl game at Allegiant Stadium in Las Vegas, Nevada, on Feb. 11, the NFL said in a Jan. 18 announcement.

The song, written by NAACP leader James Weldon Johnson in 1900, served as a rallying cry for black Americans during the civil rights era.

Ms. Day took to X, formerly known as Twitter, to post her reaction to the NFL’s announcement.

“Peace & Blessings!!! Performing the Anthem at the SuperBowl yall! Grateful! Thank You God,” she wrote.

While Ms. Day’s reaction to the NFL’s announcement was understandably positive, reactions on X to the NFL’s post were mixed.

Reactions

Some reactions online to news that Ms. Day would be singing the “Black National Anthem” at the Super Bowl were positive, with some people praising the lineup.

“That’s a good lineup! Love it,” one user commented in a post on X.

Country music legend Reba McEntire will perform the national anthem at the pre-game show, while musician Post Malone will deliver a rendition of “America the Beautiful.”

There were plenty of negative reactions to the NFL’s decision to include “Lift Every Voice and Sing” at the pre-game show, however.

Some people suggested it sows division because there already is a national anthem for everyone.

“No need for a separate national anthem for the black community,” one user wrote. “Don’t need a ‘black’ national anthem and an ‘everyone else’ national anthem. Our national anthem is called that for a reason—it’s for all Americans.”

Another user said they found “Lift Every Voice and Sing” a “beautiful song” but added they would rather have no anthem at all performed at the Super Bowl “than two divided on race.”

Yeah, there is no need for a separate anthem.

You know, it's funny, 50+ years ago we fought against separate but equal.  My, my, my - you racists dont change one bit.

Just now, EternalShinyAndChrome said:

Yeah, there is no need for a separate anthem.

You know, it's funny, 50+ years ago your party fought against separate but equal.  My, my, my - you racists have come full circle.

And this is separate and equal. 

Don't need 2 anthems for different races.  Its 2024.  Not sure why we try to go backwards.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, squistion said:

And this is separate and equal. 

Huh?  Are you a f'n retard?  

You're one of the reasons this country is going to sh#t.  Go f@ck yourself, loser.  Go ask your cult masters how you should respond to this.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Huh?  Are you a f'n retard?  

You're one of the reasons this country is going to sh#t.  Go f@ck yourself.

So eloquent. Do you have a blog? 

• Haha 1

Just now, squistion said:

So eloquent. Do you have a blog? 

I do.  It's called GoF@ckYourselfLoser.

Seriously, you make cult members look like normal, logical thinking people.  Well, you racists don't change I guess.

1 minute ago, EternalShinyAndChrome said:

I do.  It's called GoF@ckYourselfLoser.

Seriously, you make cult members look like normal, logical thinking people.  Well, you racists don't change I guess.

You don't want this song being performed, which won't hurt you in the slightest, yet you call me a racist. :lol:

• Like 1

Just now, squistion said:

You don't want this song being performed, which won't hurt you in the slightest, yet you call me a racist. :lol:

Having blacks with their own bathrooms and restaurants didn't hurt anyone either, amiright racist?

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, EternalShinyAndChrome said:

Having blacks with their own bathrooms and restaurants didn't hurt anyone either, amiright racist?

The good ol' days :(

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

Wait, what...having a song sung at the Super Bowl is the same as not being to eat at a Woolworth's lunch counter with white folks?

1 minute ago, iam90sbaby said:

The good ol' days :(

If that's what they want, them maybe we ship all of those that want to be separate to Africa with all of their white simps like Squidtard along with them.

1 minute ago, squistion said:

Wait, what...having a song sung at the Super Bowl is the same as not being to eat at a Woolworth's lunch counter with white folks?

Sure it is.  HTH, racist.

I know cult members like you are blind to truth, logic and facts.  :thumbsup:

Haha love to see the racist, moron cultist lose their minds over something so stupid.

Love this for you moron cultist!  

Why don't you geniuses invent a time machine so you can go back to segregation times when you'd be happy...oh yea, cultist are all uneducated, idiots who live in trailer parks.

LMFAO

1 minute ago, Raven Fan said:

so you can go back to segregation times 

Isnt it ironic 

• Like 1

Good and make everyone stand for it. 

3 minutes ago, listen2me 23 said:

Isnt it ironic 

I'd ask you to define irony...but what'd be the point.

You'd be like "it's like rain on your wedding day..."

LOLOLOL

We’re 1 nation under God.  This is divisive and doesn’t promote unity. They want divide

Just now, HellToupee said:

We’re 1 nation under God.  This is divisive and doesn’t promote unity. They want divide

Under god?

LMFAO

I don’t really care one way or another. This is one of those issues that riles people up (and both sides) but doesn’t really affect real lives in any important way. 

But I do disagree with the take that stuff like this divides us further. That’s nonsense. Actual racism, when it occurs, divides us further. School shootings divide us. Abortion divides us. Migrants, and what to do about them, divide us. The widening gap between the poor and wealthy divides us. Crime divides us. 

Who sings what song and when doesn’t mean a hill of beans. 

It’s a nice song. 

11 minutes ago, The Real timschochet said:

But I do disagree with the take that stuff like this divides us further. That’s nonsense. Actual racism, when it occurs, divides us further. School shootings divide us. Abortion divides us. Migrants, and what to do about them, divide us. The widening gap between the poor and wealthy divides us. Crime divides us. 

Who sings what song and when doesn’t mean a hill of beans. 

Quit lying 

23 minutes ago, HellToupee said:

Amen. 

I do not tune in till 30 mins after the time they say it starts. I never have any regrets. 

1 hour ago, Raven Fan said:

Haha love to see the racist, moron cultist lose their minds over something so stupid.

Love this for you moron cultist!  

Why don't you geniuses invent a time machine so you can go back to segregation times when you'd be happy...oh yea, cultist are all uneducated, idiots who live in trailer parks.

LMFAO

I hear all those educated guys in finance say all the time, “Hey no high paying job with big bank or investment firm for me. I’m going for that sweet secretary gig with a heath care company!”

😂😂😂

28 minutes ago, HellToupee said:

And black players in the NFL all agree with you and object to it being played...Oh, wait...

Just now, BrahmaBulls said:

Great.  A song in ebonics talking about capping people?

Which was written in 1900 as a prayer of thanksgiving to God as well as a prayer for faithfulness and freedom, before there was such a thing as ebonics. 

1 minute ago, The Real timschochet said:

They’re letting all the white hoods in tonight. 

To gang bang your wife?

16 minutes ago, The Real timschochet said:

Wouldn’t expect anything more from you. What a racist POS

He's not the one advocating for "separate but equal" like you and Squidtard are.  :dunno:

So, yeah, you might want to look in the mirror for those "racists".  :lol: