Sign in to follow this  
Maximum Overkill

House votes to impeach DHS Secretary Mayorkas over border crisis

Homeland Security Secretary Alejandro Mayorkas has been impeached by the House of Representatives.

A Cabinet secretary has not been impeached by the U.S. Congress since 1876.

Tuesday evening’s vote marked House Republicans’ second attempt at impeaching Mayorkas. GOP lawmakers targeted the Biden official over the ongoing migrant crisis at the U.S. border, accusing him of deliberately flaunting existing immigration law and worsening the situation. 

Nothing will happen. 

Just now, Cdub100 said:

Nothing will happen. 

That’s ok.  Let him get grilled on his treason. 

https://ny1.com/nyc/all-boroughs/news/2024/02/13/house-republicans-mayorkas-impeachment

Colorado Rep. Ken Buck wrote in an op-ed that Mayorkas' conduct is not grounds for impeachment.

"To be clear, Secretary Mayorkas has completely failed at his job. He is incompetent. He is an embarrassment," Buck charged. "And he will most likely be remembered as the worst secretary of Homeland Security in the history of the United States. However, the Constitution is clear that impeachment is reserved for 'Treason, Bribery, or other high Crimes and Misdemeanors.' Maladministration or incompetence does not rise to what our founders considered an impeachable offense."

50 minutes ago, Cdub100 said:

Nothing will happen. 

Nope. This is performative which is fine. Most work The House has done in awhile TBH.

14 minutes ago, squistion said:

https://ny1.com/nyc/all-boroughs/news/2024/02/13/house-republicans-mayorkas-impeachment

Colorado Rep. Ken Buck wrote in an op-ed that Mayorkas' conduct is not grounds for impeachment.

"To be clear, Secretary Mayorkas has completely failed at his job. He is incompetent. He is an embarrassment," Buck charged. "And he will most likely be remembered as the worst secretary of Homeland Security in the history of the United States. However, the Constitution is clear that impeachment is reserved for 'Treason, Bribery, or other high Crimes and Misdemeanors.' Maladministration or incompetence does not rise to what our founders considered an impeachable offense."

I agree with this.  This sets a bad precedent for when the other party is in charge.  :thumbsdown: 

Watch what you say, Squissy the Forum NARC Rat is in here. He can't wait to report you. 

34 minutes ago, seafoam1 said:

:banana:

Watch what you say, Squissy the Forum NARC Rat is in here. He can't wait to report you. 

1 minute ago, jerryskids said:

I agree with this.  This sets a bad precedent for when the other party is in charge.  :thumbsdown: 

This is part of judging these people in my view. They want to do this but not create or address legislation. Up to voters to determine if they think this is what they want. 

Uh, the precedent was already set. 

3 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Clinton blowies! Amirite?

53 minutes ago, squistion said:

Spectrum News.  🤣🤣🤣

Dont get me wrong, I'm not questioning the source, I find it hysterically coincidental for someone obviously on the spectrum.   

29 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

No it wasn’t. 

1. People say the Clinton impeachment was weak because he lied about sex. But he DID lie under oath. 

2. People say the first Trump impeachment was weak because it was about a phone call and they don’t think it rose to the level of impeachment. But he DID attempt to blackmail a foreign leader for political purposes. 

3. People say the second Trump impeachment was weak because it was unclear what Trump’s role was in the January 6 riot, and because he was already out of office when he was impeached, But it’s pretty clear that he tried to subvert the political process; we will see how guilty he is. 

My point: one can reasonably debate the merits of all 3 of these modern impeachments, but none of them were about policy. This current impeachment is about policy. (However, one could argue that the Andrew Johnson impeachment in 1868 was about policy- northern hardliners thought he was too soft on Reconstruction of the South.) 

1 minute ago, The Real timschochet said:

No it wasn’t. 

1. People say the Clinton impeachment was weak because he lied about sex. But he DID lie under oath. 

2. People say the first Trump impeachment was weak because it was about a phone call and they don’t think it rose to the level of impeachment. But he DID attempt to blackmail a foreign leader for political purposes. 

3. People say the second Trump impeachment was weak because it was unclear what Trump’s role was in the January 6 riot, and because he was already out of office when he was impeached, But it’s pretty clear that he tried to subvert the political process; we will see how guilty he is. 

My point: one can reasonably debate the merits of all 3 of these modern impeachments, but none of them were about policy. This current impeachment is about policy. (However, one could argue that the Andrew Johnson impeachment in 1868 was about policy- northern hardliners thought he was too soft on Reconstruction of the South.) 

Mayorkas has told congress the border  is secure. That’s a lie. 

4 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Mayorkas has told congress the border  is secure. That’s a lie. 

You may think he’s wrong. That’s not exactly an impeachable offense. 

1 minute ago, The Real timschochet said:

You may think he’s wrong. That’s not exactly an impeachable offense. 

This time if he lies he’ll be doing it under oath. Bit of a difference. This is about the truth that we are entitled to. 

Just now, Hardcore troubadour said:

This time if he lies he’ll be doing it under oath. Bit of a difference. This is about the truth that we are entitled to. 

Except that’s not the sort of question that is a truth or lie type of thing. It’s a subjective issue, not a question of fact. 

Just now, The Real timschochet said:

Except that’s not the sort of question that is a truth or lie type of thing. It’s a subjective issue, not a question of fact. 

Considering Biden said it isn’t is relevant. 

1 hour ago, jerryskids said:

That horse has already fled the barn. They readily impeach over far less than this.

Mayorkis ought to be forced out because he is either incompetent or refuses to do his job. He won't be forced out, they won't be able to get this over the finish line, but at least they can give him a good grilling.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Voltaire said:

That horse has already fled the barn. They readily impeach over far less than this.

Mayorkis ought to be forced out because he is either incompetent or refuses to do his job. He won't be forced out, they won't be able to get this over the finish line, but at least they can give him a good grilling.

Have other non-presidents been impeached?  

Just now, jerryskids said:

Have other non-presidents been impeached?  

No. Does it matter?

The guy disagrees with the law and steadfastly refuses to enforce it.

4 minutes ago, Voltaire said:

Mayorkis is absolutely competent doing the job that Biden wants him to do. You disagree with what Biden wants. Your solution is to defeat Biden in the election, not to impeach Mayorkis. 

1 hour ago, jerryskids said:

We already knew this during the Trump impeachment.  This is our new normal.

MAGAturds focus on revenge, fear mongering and catastrophizing problems instead of offering solutions.

Biden needs new laws to deal with this like we need an anti Lynching law to outlaw Lynching. 

1 minute ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Biden needs new laws to deal with this like we need an anti Lynching law to outlaw Lynching. 

We need an age limit on presidents, like you can't run again if you're over 74.

7 hours ago, The Real timschochet said:

Mayorkis is absolutely competent doing the job that Biden wants him to do. You disagree with what Biden wants. Your solution is to defeat Biden in the election, not to impeach Mayorkis. 

You're wrong again Timmay! 

Mayorkis was NOT implementing the border protocols and policies that are currently in place. That's what this whole impeachment is about. He went rogue and made it up as he went along. He wouldn't even let Border Patrol do their job. 

Believe it or not it's absolutely more on this clown than Biden. The laws and protocols were in place, he didn't follow any of it. 

Now, the current Biden border policies still blow but had Mayorkis done his job we probably wouldn't be as bad off today. 

The Clinton impeachment and the two Trump ones were total BS. This one actually involves serious wrongdoing.

The House GOP started it with Clinton. Somehow lying under oath about a blowjob was a serious crime or misdemeanor. The House Dems broke it when they went scouring around for something to impeach Trump over.  

At least this time, we can finally see actual misdeeds. The man's refusal to do his job and carry out the law has seriously and negatively impacted the country. So, I actually understand and support this one for the first time ever.

Seeing the Dems crocodile tears on "degrading the seriousness of impeachment" is ridiculous after their antics. Yes, the GOP started it. Fair enough. But look in the mirror.

• Haha 2

I see this as pointless.  He is not going anywhere, he will continue to mishandle the border and fail us every single day.   Moreover, what if they were able to boot him?  You think we get something better?  I doubt it, they just put another retard in there who will also not defend the border.

Part of me understands.....we have to do something, and simply sitting back and allowing Mayaorkas to ignore his job is not acceptable....

14 minutes ago, RLLD said:

Part of me understands.....we have to do something, and simply sitting back and allowing Mayaorkas to ignore his job is not acceptable....

And I think the Biden Administration is happy as well. It somewhat takes Biden off the hook by saying it was someone else's fault, even though his policies are laughable.

20 minutes ago, Maximum Overkill said:

And I think the Biden Administration is happy as well. It somewhat takes Biden off the hook by saying it was someone else's fault, even though his policies are laughable.

Laughable to an extent.  He has harmed many....many....Americans, ruthlessly..... I find him less humorous so much as sinister.

48 minutes ago, RLLD said:

I see this as pointless.  He is not going anywhere, he will continue to mishandle the border and fail us every single day.   Moreover, what if they were able to boot him?  You think we get something better?  I doubt it, they just put another retard in there who will also not defend the border.

Maybe Mayor Pete :dunno: 

Just now, edjr said:

Maybe Mayor Pete :dunno: 

I infer his replacement would have to meet some important minimal requirements to ensure success in that role......black, female, transgender, non-christian......y;know, the things that really matter....🤡

12 hours ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

That’s ok.  Let him get grilled on his treason. 

Correct. Not that that worm gives a rat's ass about how much he lies cause he doesn't but at least for all eternity, he will have the embarrassment of being the 1st cabinet member to be impeached in nearly 150 years. Showing what a total POS he is.

On 2/13/2024 at 9:34 PM, The Real timschochet said:

It ought to have worked the same for President Trump.

Impeachment in every instance lately has been too high a bar to remove anyone from office, but instead has become a stunt for show when the House and the presidency are in the hands of opposite parties. We cannot have a situation where Democrats get to impeach Republican officials when no high crimes and misdemeanors occur, then expect Republicans to only impeach Democrats when high crimes and misdemeanors occur. You can't have it both ways.

At least in this instance we do have serious wrongdoing.

This impeachment serves two purposes. First, it shines a light on Joe Biden's border policy inviting people to pay close attention to the stark differences. Second, it ensures the rules for impeachment are applied equally going forward.

• Haha 1

On 2/13/2024 at 9:40 PM, Pimpadeaux said:

MAGAturds focus on revenge, fear mongering and catastrophizing problems instead of offering solutions.

Imagine saying this with a straight face. This actually made me laugh. Have just a shred of self-awareness.