The Real timschochet

Timmy’s thread for general discussion

8 hours ago, The Real timschochet said:

The decision is being called a “massive victory” for Donald Trump. Well not really. I don’t think anyone is truly surprised by it. If it had gone the other way somehow it probably would have helped Trump’s campaign: he wasn’t going to win Colorado anyhow and I imagine that he would have received many votes in swing states from people who don’t otherwise care about him but who don’t like being told who they can or can’t vote for. 

Donald J Trump disagrees with you. Who is calling it a Trump win?

5 minutes ago, Baker Boy said:

CNN and NBC. Who cares what Trump thinks? He’s a bigot, criminal and wannabe dictator. Two years from now he’ll be in prison. 

• Haha 1

22 minutes ago, The Real timschochet said:

CNN and NBC. Who cares what Trump thinks? He’s a bigot, criminal and wannabe dictator. Two years from now he’ll be in prison. 

CNN host Dana Bash argued that even if the Supreme Court were technically correct in their ruling about Trump remaining on ballots, she said it was a dark outcome for America itself.

10 minutes ago, Baker Boy said:

CNN host Dana Bash argued that even if the Supreme Court were technically correct in their ruling about Trump remaining on ballots, she said it was a dark outcome for America itself.

And?

1 hour ago, Baker Boy said:

Only if he wins. 

1 hour ago, The Real timschochet said:

Only if he wins. 

Biden ain't beating him.   Who will the anti-Democrats try to hoist up?  

It is so ridiculous.  The Democrats did not allow RFK jr. to run in their Primaries and then had Trump removed from ballots.  Next the Democrats will sneak a candidate on the ballot nobody voted for.   All while declaring Trump is a threat to Democracy.   The ironies are stacking up higher than the Trump towers. 

You can kiss the Georgia case goodbye.   Evidence is getting worse and worse for big Fani and there will be a special prosecutor appointed to stick her and Wade in jail.  

1 hour ago, jonmx said:

You can kiss the Georgia case goodbye.   Evidence is getting worse and worse for big Fani and there will be a special prosecutor appointed to stick her and Wade in jail.  

Not what I’m reading. 

10 minutes ago, The Real timschochet said:

Not what I’m reading. 

Of course not.  You have no idea there was a DA from another county present when Fani called Terrance and threatened him against talking.  You have no idea there is a waiter who can testify that Wade was having lunch with Terrance a few weeks ago, despite both men testifying they have not spoken since Terrance left the firm.  You have no idea there are special prosecutors looking into this, Senate hearings subpoenaing witnesses, ehthic violations filed against Fani with the bar.  Your media forgets to tell you all this, instead they sugar coat it and pretend there is nothing to any of this.  

12 minutes ago, The Real timschochet said:

Not what I’m reading. 

That's because there is no chapter in "Gender Queer" about the Fani Willis case.

• Haha 3

2 minutes ago, jonmx said:

Of course not.  You have no idea there was a DA from another county present when Fani called Terrance and threatened him against talking.  You have no idea there is a waiter who can testify that Wade was having lunch with Terrance a few weeks ago, despite both men testifying they have not spoken since Terrance left the firm.  You have no idea there are special prosecutors looking into this, Senate hearings subpoenaing witness, ehthic violations filed against Fani with the bar.  Your media forgets to tell you all this, instead they sugar coat it and pretend there is nothing to any of this.

Nope. I’ve read about all of it. A lot is speculation and I doubt anything will come of it. 

But the part that you failed to mention is that even if it’s all true and Fani Willis is disqualified or even in trouble with the law, the case against Trump isn’t dismissed, it’s simply given to another prosecutor. Which will entail more delays. But the prosecution continues. That’s why when you wrote “kiss the Georgia case goodbye” I responded with “that’s not what I’m reading.” And I’m pretty sure that if YOU’RE reading that any of this will ultimately lead to a dismissal of all charges, you’re being lied to. 

2 minutes ago, Strike said:

That's because there is no chapter in "Gender Queer" about the Fani Willis case.

I’ve never read Gender Queer. You guys have me curious though. 

4 minutes ago, The Real timschochet said:

I’ve never read Gender Queer. You guys have me curious though. 

You know I was kind of kidding about this but I looked it up on Goodreads and now I’m interested. I’m a huge fan of graphic novels and this looks like a good an important one. It’s so important right now to fight back against the anti-trans bigotry- too many kids continue to kill themselves because of the bullying and lack of acceptance. Based on the description this book should be required reading in our public schools. So I’m looking forward to it. Thanks for the recommendation! 

6 minutes ago, The Real timschochet said:

Nope. I’ve read about all of it. A lot is speculation and I doubt anything will come of it. 

But the part that you failed to mention is that even if it’s all true and Fani Willis is disqualified or even in trouble with the law, the case against Trump isn’t dismissed, it’s simply given to another prosecutor. Which will entail more delays. But the prosecution continues. That’s why when you wrote “kiss the Georgia case goodbye” I responded with “that’s not what I’m reading.” And I’m pretty sure that if YOU’RE reading that any of this will ultimately lead to a dismissal of all charges, you’re being lied to. 

If this case is handed off to a new prosecutor, it will be reset and moved to a new juridiction.  The new prosecutor will be assigned by the governor.  There is no gaurentee that the prosecutor will move forward and there is no chance it will happen before the election.  Thereby effectively ending the case.  No prosecutor is going to take up this ridicuoud racketeering angle. 

8 hours ago, jonmx said:

If this case is handed off to a new prosecutor, it will be reset and moved to a new juridiction.  The new prosecutor will be assigned by the governor.  There is no gaurentee that the prosecutor will move forward and there is no chance it will happen before the election.  Thereby effectively ending the case.  No prosecutor is going to take up this ridicuoud racketeering angle. 

All this because Fanni had a sidepiece and she just couldn't keep her hands out of the cookie jar.

The case against Trump in Georgia is strong and he'd have been in trouble if it went to trial, but of course the dems screw this up too.  I'm convinced democratic party leadership is populated by idiots.  First they don't force Joe to say he's not running 6 months ago.  That one act would have resulted in a different candidate who would have curb stomped Trump, assuming it wasn't Kamila.

Just idiots, the lot of them. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, BeachGuy23 said:

All this because Fanni had a sidepiece and she just couldn't keep her hands out of the cookie jar.

The case against Trump in Georgia is strong and he'd have been in trouble if it went to trial, but of course the dems screw this up too.  I'm convinced democratic party leadership is populated by idiots.  First they don't force Joe to say he's not running 6 months ago.  That one act would have resulted in a different candidate who would have curb stomped Trump, assuming it wasn't Kamila.

Just idiots, the lot of them. 

No, racketeering is not applicable to this.  And there is nothing criminal in looking for illegally casted votes.  The case was pathetic.  The bad thing when team Trump wins this motion is it will wind up in a different court where the judge is not this sharp.  Regardless, it will be OBE by that time because Trump will be the elected president before the new case gets off the ground. 

Week 2 of Tim not admitting that the $454 million judgement is complete BS.  No way anyone involved in commercial real estate could believe there is any legitimacy to the case. 

39 minutes ago, jonmx said:

Week 2 of Tim not admitting that the $454 million judgement is complete BS.  No way anyone involved in commercial real estate could believe there is any legitimacy to the case. 

Well, to be fair. for a long time he didn't understand what the case was about.  He thought it was about tax fraud.  🤣

9 hours ago, jonmx said:

Well first off I don’t expect Trump to win the election despite recent polling. My view of this remains unchanged- the public has not yet fully realized that they are being confronted with a binary choice between Trump and Biden. Once they do the numbers will change. I also expect young people will return to the fold along with Muslims in Michigan in the fall. Biden will win Michigan and Pennsylvania and that’s the ballgame. 
But even if Trump wins, the Georgia case is not over- it’s simply delayed- probably- until 2028. At some point there will be a trial. And despite your claim that it’s pathetic it really isn’t. Trump is in major trouble here and very likely facing prison. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, jonmx said:

I already made my prediction: the appeal court will reduce the fine to around 100-200 million. Whixh means that the case is not total BS and there is some legitimacy. If that happens will you acknowledge this? 

32 minutes ago, Strike said:

Well, to be fair. for a long time he didn't understand what the case was about.  He thought it was about tax fraud.  🤣

For a long time? lol. For a couple of days. I haven’t even followed this case until recently. Unlike some of you I don’t spend my time obsessing over every legal action taken against Donald Trump: Fock I wouldn’t have time for anything else. 

16 hours ago, The Real timschochet said:

No celebrations that I’m aware of. But if you’re truly concerned about our prison system and its inequities (as all Americans should be) the best place to donate money is to the American Civil Liberties Union. 

I am not concerned about our prison system, well other than it isn't big enough. 

And the ACLU is about the dumbest donation you could ever make. "Here lawyers, have some money to win bs settlements that will cost me more tax dollars"

What’s happening in Haiti is sad and tragic. What a long, terrible history that country has had. I’ve been there and it’s a beautiful place; like nearby Jamaica the beaches are gorgeous and it should be a prime tourist attraction. But they’ve never been able to escape corruption and violence. 

Under different circumstances I wish we could take in some of these poor people. Most Haitians that want to come here would be a boon to us. But given our current numbers at the border and the unfortunate hostility these days towards immigrants of all stripes it probably won’t happen. 

14 hours ago, Baker Boy said:

14 hours ago, The Real timschochet said:

14 hours ago, Baker Boy said:

12 hours ago, The Real timschochet said:

Only if he wins. 

This is your idea of serious discussion and debate?

3 minutes ago, jonnyutah said:

I am not concerned about our prison system, well other than it isn't big enough. 

And the ACLU is about the dumbest donation you could ever make. "Here lawyers, have some money to win bs settlements that will cost me more tax dollars"

What you really mean is “here lawyers have some money to win judgments that will secure our freedoms for future generations,” 

I give money to the ACLU every year along with Planned Parenthood. Neither costs me any tax dollars at all. Why should they? After all they’re not Republicans. 

3 minutes ago, Baker Boy said:

This is your idea of serious discussion and debate?

I didn’t  hear Dana Bash. I don’t see how it contradicts anything if she said that though. I heard several CNN people assert that this was a great victory for Trump. If Bash called it a dark day for America I disagree (though I do agree in general with the notion that most victories for Trump are dark days for America.) 

11 minutes ago, jonnyutah said:

Damn you should be. It’s terrible. You can read about it here: 

https://eji.org/issues/prison-conditions/

This is one area where the Soros folks are really fighting the good fight. We have got to have major prison and judicial reform in this country. 

5 minutes ago, The Real timschochet said:

Damn you should be. It’s terrible. You can read about it here: 

https://eji.org/issues/prison-conditions/

This is one area where the Soros folks are really fighting the good fight. We have got to have major prison and judicial reform in this country. 

Imagine how much better it would have been if the Racist in Chief didn't put millions of black men in prison for smoking weed back in the 90's.

Then imagine how people on that side of the aisle are blaming the other party for being racist.

3 minutes ago, TBayXXXVII said:

Imagine how much better it would have been if the Racist in Chief didn't put millions of black men in prison for smoking weed back in the 90's.

Then imagine how people on that side of the aisle are blaming the other party for being racist.

Mr. serious discussion timmy. 😆

12 minutes ago, The Real timschochet said:

I didn’t  hear Dana Bash. I don’t see how it contradicts anything if she said that though. I heard several CNN people assert that this was a great victory for Trump. If Bash called it a dark day for America I disagree (though I do agree in general with the notion that most victories for Trump are dark days for America.) 

How and why?

Just now, TBayXXXVII said:

Imagine how much better it would have been if the Racist in Chief didn't put millions of black men in prison for smoking weed.

I agree with you about black men and weed obviously. Unfortunately it’s not just Biden. It’s a long list of politicians and Presidents in both parties going back decades. I also agree that Democrats hadn’t been much better on this issue than Republicans. 

To Trump’s credit he actually instituted some prison reform. It was, other than Operation Warp Speed, perhaps the only good accomplishment to come out of his Presidency. It’s very telling that he regrets both actions and won’t ever talk about them, not even to brag. 

Just now, Baker Boy said:

How and why?

He's a TDS infected liberal. Did you have to ask that?

1 minute ago, Baker Boy said:

How and why?

Because the country would be moving a great direction and that hurts him from getting cheap labor from illegal immigrants.  He could be forced to pay real wages to American's, thus causing him financial hardship in a liberal state that he loves... even though he's trying to circumvent the system that he loves.

1 minute ago, Baker Boy said:

How and why?

It should be no surprise to you that I strongly disagree with Trump’s political ideas and his presence in our current politics. I believe he spreads division, hatred, xenophobia and bigotry. I also think he’s a criminal who belongs in prison. I think he’s poison to our country and that every victory for him, as a general rule, is a defeat for the USA. 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, TBayXXXVII said:

Because the country would be moving a great direction and that hurts him from getting cheap labor from illegal immigrants.  He could be forced to pay real wages to American's, thus causing him financial hardship in a liberal state that he loves... even though he's trying to circumvent the system that he loves.

Lol if I had to pay what you call “real wages” (I would call them government regulated wages) it would cost me personally a few hundred more a year. When I employ day laborers, rarely, it’s out of expediency, not cost. 

It wouldn’t cost me much personally but it would cost all Americans plenty if we somehow removed undocumented immigrants. The most hurt would likely be restaurants, small businesses and agriculture. Prices would soar. The economy would be severely hurt. 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, The Real timschochet said:

It should be no surprise to you that I strongly disagree with Trump’s political ideas and his presence in our current politics. I believe he spreads division, hatred, xenophobia and bigotry. I also think he’s a criminal who belongs in prison. I think he’s poison to our country and that every victory for him, as a general rule, is a defeat for the USA. 

Joe Biden is dividing the country much more than the media divided the country under Trump. You, my friend, are the one dividing the country and Joe Biden is the one who defied the Supreme Court and the constitution of the United States.   Don’t be afraid to see what you see.

• Thanks 1

58 minutes ago, The Real timschochet said:

I already made my prediction: the appeal court will reduce the fine to around 100-200 million. Whixh means that the case is not total BS and there is some legitimacy. If that happens will you acknowledge this? 

Anything more than $1 is too much.  What Trump did is what every real estate investor has done, provide the bank with an estimate of their financial state.  A judge relying solely on a county tax assessment to determine that Trump misrepresented the value is asinine.  Trump provided an accurate valuation that every real estate appraiser agrees was reasonable. And you absolutely know this, but yet you say a $200 million is a reasonable ruling.   You are incapable of honest logical unbiased reasoning.  

7 minutes ago, jonmx said:

Anything more than $1 is too much.  What Trump did is what every real estate investor has done, provide the bank with an estimate of their financial state.  A judge relying solely on a county tax assessment to determine that Trump misrepresented the value is asinine.  Trump provided an accurate valuation that every real estate appraiser agrees was reasonable. And you absolutely know this, but yet you say a $200 million is a reasonable ruling.   You are incapable of honest logical unbiased reasoning.  

Plus, there were no victims, every loan was paid back, nobody lost any money, so this money is going into the general fund of New York. this amount to the government stealing money from the private citizen who is running for president. It is part of the Democrats plan to bankrupt Donald Trump.