Sign in to follow this  
Cloaca du jour

Things that make you go hmmmmm

Why do we lock up the products on store shelves....but not the people who steal them?

• Like 1

Where does the money go that NY fined Trump for taking a loan from a bank & paying it back with approval from banks & loan departments 🤔 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Cloaca du jour said:

Why do we lock up the products on store shelves....but not the people who steal them?

We have the highest rate of incarceration amongst the 1st world countries. I don't think locking people up fixes the problem.

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

25 minutes ago, Stryker Ryker said:

Where does the money go that NY fined Trump for taking a loan from a bank & paying it back with approval from banks & loan departments 🤔 

Generally money from court imposed fines goes to the states general fund. Same fund where most taxes go.

2 minutes ago, MTSkiBum said:

Generally money from court imposed fines goes to the states general fund. Same fund where most taxes go.

It most likely will go either into their pockets or into illegal immigrants pockets 

Why is recycling treated as a consumer responsibility instead of a manufacturer responsibility?

(Yes, I know there are some manufacturers who participate in the process, but it’s marginal)

• Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, MTSkiBum said:

We have the highest rate of incarceration amongst the 1st world countries. I don't think locking people up fixes the problem.

I'm going to assume you're not trying to say that societal laws don't work, rather, you're suggesting locking criminals up isn't a harsh enough penalty.  If that's the case make the penalty more harsh.  

• Like 1

Why did Clocaine not say anything in the EdEx Genesis thread? :(

2 minutes ago, bostonlager said:

Why did Clocaine not say anything in the EdEx Genesis thread? :(

Recovery frim surgery 

If a Bruce Jenner can keep his d--k why cant we keep our guns and say we are disarmed.

34 minutes ago, MLCKAA said:

Why is recycling treated as a consumer responsibility instead of a manufacturer responsibility?

(Yes, I know there are some manufacturers who participate in the process, but it’s marginal)

Because recycling plastic is a scam.

30 minutes ago, Horseman said:

I'm going to assume you're not trying to say that societal laws don't work, rather, you're suggesting locking criminals up isn't a harsh enough penalty.  If that's the case make the penalty more harsh.  

I think smaller penalties, but stricter enforcement would be the way to go for non-violent offenses. Increase the police for and try to catch more people. But handle more punishment through community service than incarceration.

Make someone clean trash up alongside the highway for a week rather than lock them up. 

This is not a topic I care a ton about though to be honest. I don't think imprisoning more people will help deter theft though.

49 minutes ago, MTSkiBum said:

Liberals- crime isn’t a problem. 
Liberals- we enforce the law too much.  

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, MTSkiBum said:

I think smaller penalties, but stricter enforcement would be the way to go for non-violent offenses. Increase the police for and try to catch more people. But handle more punishment through community service than incarceration.

Make someone clean trash up alongside the highway for a week rather than lock them up. 

Describe non violent crimes that are landing people in prison.  

• Thanks 2

Why do you average 12 hours per edex pick?

10 minutes ago, lickin_starfish said:

Why haven't Epstein's clients been prosecuted?

Seems a little harsh. Sure they could have used another financial advisor. 

30 minutes ago, MTSkiBum said:

Glass must be too.  Our recyclers don't take it.  It cost too much money to recycle apparently. 

1 minute ago, Alias Detective said:

Glass must be too.  Our recyclers don't take it.  It cost too much money to recycle apparently. 

We have a recycling bins here. No matter what I put in it, they take it. Total sham. 

1 hour ago, MTSkiBum said:

It shouldn’t be.

With today’s technology, why is that appliances don’t last long? 

And why  can’t boys be boys, and girls be girls?  

Arsenio Hall always made me go hmmmm.

Can you explain to me how Arsenio lost his talk show back in the day, that was wildy popular, but Kimmel, Fallon and the rest of the whiteys keep theirs?

The most powerful gubments in the world cant solve homelessness...but they can change the world s temperature if you pay more taxes.

Title lock. I hear the commercials all the time.  So, the government has its hands all over the housing market, but can’t stop a cyber thief from taking your homes equity? 

All those schools with the failing students who arent proficient are making more democrats.

If Obama really believed in global warming and ocean levels rising.  Why did he buy a 20 million dollar beachfront home in Marthas Vinyard?

Would you rather have d1cks for fingers or ballsacks for toes?

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Describe non violent crimes that are landing people in prison.  

When I was a dirtbag skibum in my 20's i had some real winners of some roomates.  One was a guy who got busted selling a kg of cocaine to informants, he got a month in jail before I knew him, then I met him working construction and he moved into our party house 😆. He also spent 3 months in the halfway house years later for the crime. He had to spend time in the facility where they transition people from prison to real world. However, it messed him up because it caused he already had a job and the halfway house in montana is in butte so he had to move to a different city for a bit and find a lesser job.

The other guy spent a year in prison for his 6th dui. After I moved away i found out he got his 7th and was back in prison, but i am not sure how long they put you away.

An internet search gives conflicting numbers on actual percent who are non-violent. Either way, my personal opinion, not that it is worth anything, is to put less people in prison for a less amount of time, and also greatly increase police presence to maybe ~10% higher than it was before all of the national cuts.

Edit, the guy who got busted for cocaine did turn his life around and owns a construction company in Oregon, however I don't think the other guy ever will.

1 minute ago, MTSkiBum said:

When I was a dirtbag skibum in my 20's i had some real winners of some roomates.  One was a guy who got busted selling a kg of cocaine to informants, he got a month in jail before I knew him, then I met him working construction and he moved into our party house 😆. He also spent 3 months in the halfway house years later for the crime. He had to spend time in the facility where they transition people from prison to real world. However, it messed him up because it caused he already had a job and the halfway house in montana is in butte so he had to move to a different city for a bit and find a lesser job.

The other guy spent a year in prison for his 6th dui. After I moved away i found out he got his 7th and was back in prison, but i am not sure how long they put you away.

An internet search gives conflicting numbers on actual percent who are non-violent. Either way, my personal opinion, not that it is worth anything, is to put less people in prison for a less amount of time, and also greatly increase police presence to maybe ~10% higher than it was before all of the national cuts.

You think a guy with 6 dui’s shouldn’t do jail time? And yeah, selling coke is a felony. TFB. You would have a case if he was just using it. Then again, no one is getting serious time for possession of coke for personal use, if any.  

1 minute ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

You think a guy with 6 dui’s shouldn’t do jail time? And yeah, selling coke is a felony. TFB. You would have a case if he was just using it. Then again, no one is getting serious time for possession of coke for personal use, if any.  

The DUI guy i completely understand, there is nothing you can do except keep locking him up for a few years in prison.