Sign in to follow this  
wiffleball

Beyonce's Country Song

If this is country, then K$sha is freaking Patsy cline.

She is just desperately trying to keep up with Taylor swift. Fail. 

Access to the world's best producers and musicians and writers and this is what she puts out?

Why can't we scream cultural appropriation?

Like Nick Nolte says, give a 💩a rope and she thinks she's a cowboy. 

I would bet solid money that she ends up doing a duet with Keith Urban.  Dude is hella talented, but he's prolific as all hell. 

Dumb song.  I listened for a minute.  

Beyonce is still really hot.  

5 minutes ago, iam90sbaby said:

That ain't country dawg

Beyoncé has once again made history as the first Black female artist to have a No. 1 country song, Billboard announced Tuesday. Just more than a week after being released, “Texas Hold 'Em” topped Billboard's Hot Country Songs chart at No. 1 and “16 Carriages”

Answer:  Texas Hold Em by Beyonce Knowles.

Question:  What is just another Beyonce song I won’t listen to?

• Thanks 3

1 hour ago, wiffleball said:

Beyoncé has once again made history as the first Black female artist to have a No. 1 country song, Billboard announced Tuesday. Just more than a week after being released, “Texas Hold 'Em” topped Billboard's Hot Country Songs chart at No. 1 and “16 Carriages”

@Baker Boy can add it to his list 

Beyonce has tons of fans like Taylor's Swifties and will buy anything she sings and no surprise it went to 1. They could sing part of the Gettysburg Address and it would go 1 the first day out. Modern Country is also horrible and she new she would get more attention and some easy cash.

• Like 1

She's so incredibly overrated.  

Her Super Bowl ad was just completely ridiculous and overblown to just announce "new songs." Her and J Lo need to just GO. 

• Like 1

It has been so much fun to see some Country Music "purists" heads explode over this. 🤯

I like it, although I like a lot of tunes that are labeled "Alt Country" or "Country Rock" that don't fit within traditional Country parameters or guidelines.

And to give it a positive spin, this could bring some new fans into listening to contemporary Country Music, who otherwise might not 🙂

:banana:

https://www.columbian.com/news/2024/feb/29/beyonces-new-country-song-top-billboard-chart/#:~:text=Beyoncé has hit a new,tallies streaming%2C airplay and sales.

Beyonce’s new country song top Billboard chart

Beyoncé has hit a new high with her new country song “Texas Hold ‘Em.”

Although much hay has been made about the single, it debuted in the No. 1 position on Billboard’s Hot Country Songs chart — which tallies streaming, airplay and sales.

According to Rolling Stone, the former Destiny’s Child frontwoman holds the distinction as “the first Black woman artist ever to top (the chart) in the modern history of country music.”

Holy crap this is awful 

On 2/21/2024 at 10:02 PM, BeenHereBefore said:

Beyonce has tons of fans like Taylor's Swifties and will buy anything she sings and no surprise it went to 1. They could sing part of the Gettysburg Address and it would go 1 the first day out. Modern Country is also horrible and she new she would get more attention and some easy cash.

Yeah this doesn’t sound too much different than some other “country” songs I’ve heard recently.  It’s not the worst song I’ve ever heard, but there’s no chance it’d be #1 if it wasn’t Beyoncé.

The effort put into the video seems pathetic though, even though she’s hot.  Wtf is an “official visualizer”?  

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, TimHauck said:

Yeah this doesn’t sound too much different than some other “country” songs I’ve heard recently.  It’s not the worst song I’ve ever heard, but there’s no chance it’d be #1 if it wasn’t Beyoncé.

The effort put into the video seems pathetic though, even though she’s hot.  Wtf is an “official visualizer”?  

"Official Visualizer" usually refers to a pared down YouTube clip of a song with just lyrics and a few images. She also put out an "Official Video" which I posted in the other Beyonce thread of this song. 

3 minutes ago, squistion said:

"Official Visualizer" usually refers to a pared down YouTube clip of a song with just lyrics and a few images. She also put out an "Official Video" which I posted in the other Beyonce thread of this song. 

That says it’s a “fan made video.”  I saw she did put out an “official lyric video” also but it’s just a photo of a building.

• Like 1

Listened to it once.  Does nothing for me.  I could see how 19 year old girls would like it though.

Geebus, tic tok is filled with idiots dancing to this song.  

I keep thinking of Alan Jackson's lyrics. 

"I'm a country girl myself.  Grew up in Long Island" 🎵🤠

26 minutes ago, wiffleball said:

Geebus, tic tok is filled with idiots dancing to this song.  

I keep thinking of Alan Jackson's lyrics. 

I'm a country girl myself.  Grew up in Long Island" 🎵🤠

It is quite danceable.

33 minutes ago, The Real timschochet said:

This is an incredible album. Best I’ve heard in years. 

We've got it on as we speak. It is an incredible album, and it's not all country. It has some country-flavored songs. Dolly Parton and Willie Nelson are on it. I don't understand why this is the latest thing to trigger MAGAturds. I'm sure it would stir up Peefoamosexual's closeted desire to fock roosters. 

39 minutes ago, Pimpadeaux said:

We've got it on as we speak. It is an incredible album, and it's not all country. It has some country-flavored songs. Dolly Parton and Willie Nelson are on it. I don't understand why this is the latest thing to trigger MAGAturds. I'm sure it would stir up Peefoamosexual's closeted desire to fock roosters. 

Of course it stirs them up. She’s a woman. She’s liberal. She’s black. She’s taking over Country music. She’s woke. She’s into gays. Why wouldn’t they be pissed? 

Taylor Swift, Barbie, Beyonce, it’s all part of the whole thing. It’s a new world out there and the MAGAS hate it. That’s why they’re for Trump in the first place because they want to go back. But we never will. 

Her cover of Dolly Parton's Jolene🤠

1 hour ago, The Real timschochet said:

Of course it stirs them up. She’s a woman. She’s liberal. She’s black. She’s taking over Country music. She’s woke. She’s into gays. Why wouldn’t they be pissed? 

Taylor Swift, Barbie, Beyonce, it’s all part of the whole thing. It’s a new world out there and the MAGAS hate it. That’s why they’re for Trump in the first place because they want to go back. But we never will. 

And now Caleb Williams because of the nails and phone.

The MAGAturd defensive mechanism to this kind of stuff is equally disturbing and amusing.

They also HATE Bruce Springsteen. Just about everyone in music and in Hollywood trend left. So focking what? It's called a balanced society.

Smart people with common sense can accept this, but the MAGAturd can't and hypocriticlly engages in its own brand of wokeness and cancel culture. They can't even accept an election in which their boyo lost. 

The MAGAturd:

Tearing down statues of William Bedford Forest - MUH HISTORY! THEY CANCELING MUH HISTORY! :cry:

Beyonce puts out an album with some country stuff on it: BLASPHEMY! SHE LIKES TEH GHEYS! SHE'S BLACK! SHE'S A WOMAN! SHUT HER DOWN! :mad: