Hardcore troubadour

NFL Free Agency/ Draft 2024

1 minute ago, seafoam1 said:

I never said that. Keep trying with shrouding your bad take with the pimpledoosh technique of posting a bunch of emojies. 

Keeping him is relative. And I do understand that that is something beyond your ability to understand. 

Why do you let them Fock with you? Your team isn’t any good. Hasn’t been for a long time. Accept it.  Say a few things  and move on. You’re not getting the upper hand. 

2 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Why do you let them Fock with you? Your team isn’t any good. Hasn’t been for a long time. Accept it.  Say a few things  and move on. You’re not getting the upper hand. 

I have the upper hand. The times are changing.

And the fudge packers can keep losing with the pretense they are winning all they want. 

The eagles are on their way down as well. 

• Like 1

LoL

And the fudge packers can keep losing with the pretense they are winning all they want. 

The eagles are on their way down as well. 

Yeah well, you’re going to have to wait. You can’t declare something has changed until it does. All you have right now is hope. Good luck.  

Just now, Hardcore troubadour said:

Yeah well, you’re going to have to wait. You can’t declare something has changed until it does. All you have right now is hope. Good luck.  

No. I'll call it out. 

Just now, seafoam1 said:

What's your team?

Not the Bears, thank baby jeebus.

Just now, seafoam1 said:

What's your team?

The Bears have one SB 40 years ago. How many teams do you think you can talk shitt about? It’s a short list. 

Just now, Reality said:

Not the Bears, thank baby jeebus.

So you don't know or are afraid?

The Bears have one SB 40 years ago. How many teams do you think you can talk shitt about? It’s a short list. 

You're right. The giants are killing it. Rock on dude.

You all are old focks living back in the 80s. None of you can live in the current times.

Just now, seafoam1 said:

You're right. The giants are killing it. Rock on dude.

You don’t see me calling out SF fans. Even though the Giants have snuffed them out numerous times. “There will be no three peat”. But they have 5. I would like to have 5.  I sure as Fock wouldn’t be talking shitt to teams if mine only had one 40 years ago. 

You don’t see me calling out SF fans. Even though the Giants have snuffed them out numerous times. “There will be no three peat”. But they have 5. I would like to have 5.  I sure as Fock wouldn’t be talking shitt to teams if mine only had one 40 years ago. 

That's gay. And it has nothing to do with current times. You go bet giants on their past all you want. Happy you losing money. 

Just now, seafoam1 said:

That's gay. And it has nothing to do with current times. You go bet giants on their past all you want. Happy you losing money. 

I enjoyed every one of them. I’d give up every other playoff appearance they ever had for another one. 

11 minutes ago, seafoam1 said:

You all are old focks living back in the 80s. None of you can live in the current times.

This might be the funniest post of the day

7 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

I enjoyed every one of them. I’d give up every other playoff appearance they ever had for another one. 

Nothing wrong with living out the rest of your time like that. :wacko:

1 minute ago, listen2me 23 said:

This might be the funniest post of the day

This might be the funniest post of the day. :lol:

22 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

1) Lions ...believe me i've lived it

14 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Oh...life is over old man... Sorry...

Just now, seafoam1 said:

Oh...life is over old man... Sorry...

Why do you call everyone old? You’re 58 and retired remember grandpa?

• Haha 1

There's been steam in the great white north the last couple days about Justin Jefferson being traded. The suitor that's been speculated about is the Bengals, reuniting the LSU title trio. 

As a Vikes fan and a Jefferson admirer, I hope they do it. I've watched this team for almost 40 years and seen a pack of superstar/HOF level WRs come through with nothing to show for it but some entertaining seasons and a few divisional titles. If trading JJ is what it takes to get a franchise QB for the first time since at least Daunte Culpepper 20 years ago, they should do it.

Unfortunately, the Bengals have the 18th pick. But that, packaged with #11, might be enough to get into the 3-5 spot required to get one of the top guys.

16 minutes ago, Fnord said:

As a Vikes fan and a Jefferson admirer, I hope they do it

Seriously, I'm fascinated as to why you feel that way. I'm not totally against it, especially if it's a rebuild. But if they do trade Justin Jefferson then they better nail it with those picks. They better get a franchise QB+ other stud(s). 

I doubt I could pull the trigger on that, maybe for #1 and Caleb Williams, that's it. 

2 hours ago, Fnord said:

There's been steam in the great white north the last couple days about Justin Jefferson being traded. The suitor that's been speculated about is the Bengals, reuniting the LSU title trio. 

As a Vikes fan and a Jefferson admirer, I hope they do it. I've watched this team for almost 40 years and seen a pack of superstar/HOF level WRs come through with nothing to show for it but some entertaining seasons and a few divisional titles. If trading JJ is what it takes to get a franchise QB for the first time since at least Daunte Culpepper 20 years ago, they should do it.

Unfortunately, the Bengals have the 18th pick. But that, packaged with #11, might be enough to get into the 3-5 spot required to get one of the top guys.

That would be retarded. They should just draft JJ McCarthy.

1 minute ago, Gepetto said:

They should just draft JJ McCarthy

I feel sorry for whoever does. If any QB falls it's him. I don't get it

55 minutes ago, Maximum Overkill said:

I feel sorry for whoever does. If any QB falls it's him. I don't get it

I think your wrong. He throws an accurate laser intermediate to deep distance.

2 hours ago, Gepetto said:

I think your wrong. He throws an accurate laser intermediate to deep distance.

So does 20 other QBs in this draft. He also throws too many hospital balls. 

Keenan Allen to da bears

5 minutes ago, Bier Meister said:

Keenan Allen to da bears

4th rounder. Easy trade. Chargers are focked with the salary cap. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Maximum Overkill said:

Seriously, I'm fascinated as to why you feel that way. I'm not totally against it, especially if it's a rebuild. But if they do trade Justin Jefferson then they better nail it with those picks. They better get a franchise QB+ other stud(s). 

I doubt I could pull the trigger on that, maybe for #1 and Caleb Williams, that's it. 

Let's go back 40 years and take a look at SB winning teams WITHOUT a franchise QB:

McMahon, Bears 1985

Hostetler, Giants 1990 (but Simms started the majority of the season)

Rypien, Redskins 1991 (I feel like this was the most underrated single season team of my lifetime. They don't get mentioned with the greats, but they DOMINATED)

Dilfer, Ravens 2000 

Johnson, Bucs 2002

Flacco, Ravens 2012

Foles, Eagles 2017

7 times in 40 years, and every one of those teams was STACKED and featured a historically good defense. 

The Vikings last franchise QB was Fran Tarkenton. He retired in 1978. He led the team to three super bowls and was the all time NFL leader in passing yards and TDs when he hung em up. No QB has started 8+ games in 5+ seasons for them since. The success they've had at QB other than Culpepper for the last 45 years has been free agent veterans nearing or at the end of their careers. The few big swings they've taken in the draft have whiffed.

The quickest way to success in this league is to have a great young QB on a rookie contract and load up everywhere else. At least for teams without Mahomes or Brady.

The Vikes have some excellent foundational pieces on offense at TE, WR, and OL. The defense, especially the backfield, needs an overhaul, but Flores is a mastermind. JJ should bring a minimum of 2 firsts and a handful of other considerations for restocking the roster. They're currently set to have a huge amount of cap room in 2025.

No way they'd trade JJ to Chicago. But they don't need to get to number 1, only high enough to get the guy they like. It sounds like they're infatuated with McCarthy, but that might be subterfuge. My money is on him or Maye, whichever one they can maneuver into taking. Hopefully they make the right choices. 

5 hours ago, Gepetto said:

That would be retarded. They should just draft JJ McCarthy.

He won't be available at 11.

1 hour ago, IGotWorms said:

Hollywood Brown to the Chiefs — it’s official 

:banana:

38 minutes ago, cmh6476 said:

oh boy....another second tier reciever...woo hoo...

2 hours ago, Fnord said:

He won't be available at 11.

yea, they can possibly trade up a bit, but they won't have to trade up to the top 3 to get him, like for Caleb Williams, Jayden Daniels and Drake Maye would require.

6 hours ago, Fnord said:

No way they'd trade JJ to Chicago. But they don't need to get to number 1, only high enough to get the guy they like. It sounds like they're infatuated with McCarthy, but that might be subterfuge. My money is on him or Maye, whichever one they can maneuver into taking. Hopefully they make the right choices. 

That list you gave me is great but things are different today. Teams don't have time to develop a QB nowadays. You realistically have a 3-4 year window (ala Justin Fields) before you need to decide if they're a franchise NFL QB or not. That's just how the salaries and free agency is structured. 

If they want to get into Tier 1 (Williams, Maye, Daniels) then they'll have to be super aggressive because those teams need QBs worse than the Vikings do. They're probably not looking to trade out. 

If the Vikings draft McCarthy it's basically a tear down, rebuild. And if so they might as well trade Jefferson and maximize that value. McCarthy is not a dynamic playmaker who's going to turn the franchise around, even with weapons. With his skill set his ceiling is ironically Kirk Cousins. There's question to whether he's even a first round QB. Mocks had him with a 4th round+ grade prior to the championship game and combine. 

The Vikings have put themselves in a horrible situation. If anything they should of paid Cousins and drafted a QB in round 1, like the Packers did with Love/Rogers. Now they're forced to reach on a dart throw. 

If I'm Justin Fields there's no way I'm sticking around for a rebuild or retooling, whatever you wanna call it. 

5 hours ago, cmh6476 said:

Just what the Chiefs needed, another WR who drops a ton of balls 

10 hours ago, seafoam1 said:

4th rounder. Easy trade. Chargers are focked with the salary cap. 

Keeps Odunze out of Chicago.  Nice!

2 minutes ago, listen2me 23 said:

Keeps Odunze out of Chicago.  Nice!

You think Odunze is dropping to 9. Oh, isn't that cute. And when did Odunze last make the pro bowl?

You think Odunze is dropping to 9. Oh, isn't that cute. And when did Odunze last make the pro bowl?

I think he would have a possibility of being there at 9.  WRs can go early but in those 8 picks there may be 5 QBs and 2 WRs.  All you would need is 1 other player to be picked and hes there.