Hardcore troubadour

NFL Free Agency/ Draft 2024

Rumors flying something is up with Justin Fields, possibly Atlanta? It’s the silly season so here we go. Also JJ McCarthy moving up the board.  

I’m a Bears fan and I’m so tired of hearing the speculation on fields. 

Personally, I trade fields for a ton of picks. I trade the number one pick for a ton of picks, sign Russell Wilson, for nothing, and draft a wide receiver at nine.

Whether you keep fields or you draft WILLIAMS, you’re not ready to win in the next year or two anyway. 

2 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

JJ McCarthy moving up the board.  

Has Patriots written allover him.

Just now, cyclone24 said:

Personally, I trade fields for a ton of pics.

Pics of his mom?

Are you focking insane? No one will give them more than a 3rd for that hack

1 minute ago, cyclone24 said:

Personally, I trade fields for a ton of picks. I trade the number one pick for a ton of picks, sign Russell Wilson, for nothing, and draft a wide receiver at nine.

Whether you keep fields or you draft WILLIAMS, you’re not ready to win in the next year or two anyway. 

I don’t think Fields would command a ton of picks.  He’s coming up on his fifth year option so giving a lot to get him and then having to sign him doesn't add up. 

2 minutes ago, edjr said:

Has Patriots written allover him.

Old regime sure. I don’t know about this one. 

11 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

I don’t think Fields would command a ton of picks.  He’s coming up on his fifth year option so giving a lot to get him and then having to sign him doesn't add up. 

Yeah, it’s hard to say. I mean, if you think he’s a franchise quarterback, and you would pay him you might.  Maybe not though. 

That’s what’s hard as you can justify pretty much anything the Bears do

14 minutes ago, edjr said:

Pics of his mom?

Are you focking insane? No one will give them more than a 3rd for that hack

Guess how many they’ll get for your mom. 

ha.. damn voice text. I tried to go back and change it as quick as I could. Ha

Bears have had 38 starting QBs the past 30 years. the Packers have had 3 take 96% of the snaps :lol: 

21 minutes ago, cyclone24 said:

Lol Bears fans

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, listen2me 23 said:

Lol Bears fans

Lol arent you a Bills fan?

30 minutes ago, cyclone24 said:

They could do all that and end up with 5 1sts and be competitive with a Flacco type imo. Take a day 2 qb to develop 

32 minutes ago, cyclone24 said:

Fields will net the Bears a Day 2 pick and maybe a highly conditional pick. 

Chicago fans must have quarterback PTSD. Williams is the right pick. I’ll laugh if they do anything else at 1.

11 minutes ago, cyclone24 said:

Lol arent you a Bills fan?

I am a Packers fan.  

I laugh because consistently each Bears fan is scared to death of making a decision and picking a QB.  For good reason I guess.  

What exactly do you mean not ready to win?  Who is ever ready to win?  The Bengals went from 1st pick to SB shortly after.  The focking Texans were good this year.  The Packers who didn't make the playoffs thr previous year had the youngest team in the league and a 1st year starter at QB and was pretty close to beating the 9ers and going to the NFCC.  There are countless examples.  

The Bears have DJ Moore and what the 9th pick?  They can perhaps grab another stud WR.  Or they could fill an OL spot or thr best defender on the board.  They won 7 games last year.  You are going to wait you go 11-6 to draft a QB?  

Russell Wilson?

I felt I saw a difference with Fields in the second half of last year. Before that I thought he was trash. 

3 minutes ago, MDC said:

Chicago fans must have quarterback PTSD. Williams is the right pick. I’ll laugh if they do anything else at 1.

How can you possibly say this? The bears are 0 for life drafting a QB.  Jim McMahon? Crackah, please

4 minutes ago, listen2me 23 said:

I am a Packers fan.  

I laugh because consistently each Bears fan is scared to death of making a decision and picking a QB.  For good reason I guess.  

What exactly do you mean not ready to win?  Who is ever ready to win?  The Bengals went from 1st pick to SB shortly after.  The focking Texans were good this year.  The Packers who didn't make the playoffs thr previous year had the youngest team in the league and a 1st year starter at QB and was pretty close to beating the 9ers and going to the NFCC.  There are countless examples.  

The Bears have DJ Moore and what the 9th pick?  They can perhaps grab another stud WR.  Or they could fill an OL spot or thr best defender on the board.  They won 7 games last year.  You are going to wait you go 11-6 to draft a QB?  

Russell Wilson?

Of course. I guess it’ll be fun watching another Hall of Fame quarterback, not win a Super Bowl there when Love goes off for the next 15 years.

But if you draft WILLIAMS, you’re essentially resetting the clock on your entire organization. I can’t see him just stepping in, and leading them to a Super Bowl win. So not waiting until they win 11 games but you’ve gotta have a pretty damn good team on both sides of the ball before you just turn it over to a young quarterback to try to win if you don’t want to pay them.

7 minutes ago, MDC said:

I wouldn’t be surprised if Atlanta traded the eighth pick for him at all.

why? I didn’t see anything out of WILLIAMS nor did his record reflect anything crazy special last year. The hype on this kid has been so comically overblown it’s a little silly to think he just steps in and it’s a wrap and he’s just so much better than fields. 

8 minutes ago, cyclone24 said:

Of course. I guess it’ll be fun watching another Hall of Fame quarterback, not win a Super Bowl there when Love goes off for the next 15 years.

But if you draft WILLIAMS, you’re essentially resetting the clock on your entire organization. I can’t see him just stepping in, and leading them to a Super Bowl win. So not waiting until they win 11 games but you’ve gotta have a pretty damn good team on both sides of the ball before you just turn it over to a young quarterback to try to win if you don’t want to pay them.

Problem is the other 2 both won a SB?  Lol.  What are you babbling about?  

If you don't think Williams will be good then sure.  They have to like a guy, obviously.  Thats the whole point of scouting and drafting.   Im more arguing the way of thinking here.  

So what.. you build a team, grind out wins, pick 15th each year and some year you decide to try and take you QB there?   

I mean to each their own but thats all backwards.  

2 minutes ago, cyclone24 said:

why? I didn’t see anything out of WILLIAMS nor did his record reflect anything crazy special last year. The hype on this kid has been so comically overblown it’s a little silly to think he just steps in and it’s a wrap and he’s just so much better than fields. 

If Atlanta trades the 8th overall pick for Fields they’d be even dumber than duh Bears for passing on a QB at 1 overall.

Williams / Maye whatever, Chicago needs to pull up their big boy pants and draft their QB. You can’t kick the fan down the road forever.

3 minutes ago, cyclone24 said:

I posted it a while ago.  Like 6 unanimous scouts, front office people were polled on what Bears can expect to get.  Some said a 2nd.  Some said a 3rd and a later round pick. They all laughed at the idea of getting a 1st.  

Its like a segment of the population hasn't watched Justin Fields play football.  We are talking about Justin Fields right?  

Just now, listen2me 23 said:

I posted it a while ago.  Like 6 unanimous scouts, front office people were polled on what Bears can expect to get.  Some said a 2nd.  Some said a 3rd and a later round pick. They all laughed at the idea of getting a 1st.  

Its like a segment of the population hasn't watched Justin Fields play football.  We are talking about Justin Fields right?  

I wouldn’t be stunned if a desperate team spent a 2nd on him. No team is giving a 1st rounder for Fields knowing they’re going to have to pay him in a year.

4 minutes ago, MDC said:

If Atlanta trades the 8th overall pick for Fields they’d be even dumber than duh Bears for passing on a QB at 1 overall.

Williams / Maye whatever, Chicago needs to pull up their big boy pants and draft their QB. You can’t kick the fan down the road forever.

Atlanta’s got a good roster. They need a quarterback. Tell me who it number eight is better than Justin Fields right now. If you think he’s a franchise quarterback that you can afford to resign I’m not sure how you don’t do it.

1 minute ago, cyclone24 said:

Atlanta’s got a good roster. They need a quarterback. Tell me who it number eight is better than Justin Fields right now. If you think he’s a franchise quarterback that you can afford to resign I’m not sure how you don’t do it.

Fields so far has proven to be a below average QB.  What are we talking about here?  I dont think the idea of him going to ATL is bad at all.  But why the 8th pick?  There will a bidding war?  Lol.   

"Hey bears we will give you the 40th or whatever pick. 

Nah ATL we are holding out for a 1st! 

But sir, you already drafted your QB and its currently the 2nd to last pick in the 1st round?"

19 minutes ago, listen2me 23 said:

Fields so far has proven to be a below average QB.  What are we talking about here?  I dont think the idea of him going to ATL is bad at all.  But why the 8th pick?  There will a bidding war?  Lol.   

"Hey bears we will give you the 40th or whatever pick. 

Nah ATL we are holding out for a 1st! 

But sir, you already drafted your QB and its currently the 2nd to last pick in the 1st round?"

That’s my point. Literally anybody would be a below average quarterback, with the lack of weapons in offensive line he has. 
People act like if the Bears would’ve drafted Mahomes they’d be sitting at all these titles right now and it’s like no they wouldn’t. He  would be where Justin is right now.

so I move him not because he can’t be an NFL franchise quarterback, but because they’re not ready to pay him a boatload.

I mean, on one hand, you’re saying oh well, they’re gonna have to pay him a lot of money, but then, on the other hand, you’re saying, he’s an average quarterback. Well, they’re not paying an average quarterback, a boatload of money. 

• Confused 1

Big bump in the salary cap. Saquon  to the Texans makes sense. Cowboys and Eagles too. 

By the way, the odds from Vegas for fields to go to Atlanta move to -250 after starting at +350.

But noooo…. Who would give up a first round pick for fields. He sucks. 

1 hour ago, edjr said:

Bears have had 38 starting QBs the past 30 years. the Packers have had 3 take 96% of the snaps :lol: 

This made me laugh.

The Bears have invested so much in Justin Fields, and if they were selecting second or fourth, picking up a playmaker to install around him would make perfect sense. But after three seasons, Chicago has the chance to reset its quarterback clock with a more consistent passer. Fields can make plays, but Williams can make throws. Williams won the Heisman Trophy for a reason in 2022, and USC’s defense let him down in 2023. For a franchise that hasn’t had a quarterback start a Pro Bowl since the 1941 season (when it was the NFL champions vs. the NFL all-stars), it’s time to go with your head rather than your heart. 

24 minutes ago, cyclone24 said:

That’s my point. Literally anybody would be a below average quarterback, with the lack of weapons in offensive line he has. 
People act like if the Bears would’ve drafted Mahomes they’d be sitting at all these titles right now and it’s like no they wouldn’t. He  would be where Justin is right now.

so I move him not because he can’t be an NFL franchise quarterback, but because they’re not ready to pay him a boatload.

I mean, on one hand, you’re saying oh well, they’re gonna have to pay him a lot of money, but then, on the other hand, you’re saying, he’s an average quarterback. Well, they’re not paying an average quarterback, a boatload of money. 

Fields still can't read a defense.  Don't agree at all.  

Why does every other crap QB on a bad team not get the benefit Fields does? 

Im not going to change your mind. 

18 minutes ago, cyclone24 said:

By the way, the odds from Vegas for fields to go to Atlanta move to -250 after starting at +350.

But noooo…. Who would give up a first round pick for fields. He sucks. 

It wouldn't be for the 8th is the point.   Lol.  

4 minutes ago, listen2me 23 said:

Fields still can't read a defense.  Don't agree at all.  

Why does every other crap QB on a bad team not get the benefit Fields does? 

Im not going to change your mind. 

Last 20 games, put his numbers up against Lamar Jackson’s the MVP.. 

same amount of touchdown passes and more rushing yards. Pretty much same completion in yards per attempt.

You know where Bagent is from?  Hes an undrafted rookie out of Shepard College.

• Fields had the worst sack percentage in the league among starters each of his first two years and improved to 10.6% in 2023 which was third worst behind Ryan Tannehill and Zach Wilson. It was very telling whether it was simply because of a poor offensive line when Tyson Bagent came in for 4 1/2 games. When Bagent's time for playing had finished, he had the lowest sack percentage of all NFL QBs at 3.4%.

2 minutes ago, listen2me 23 said:

You know where Bagent is from?  Hes an undrafted rookie out of Shepard College.

• Fields had the worst sack percentage in the league among starters each of his first two years and improved to 10.6% in 2023 which was third worst behind Ryan Tannehill and Zach Wilson. It was very telling whether it was simply because of a poor offensive line when Tyson Bagent came in for 4 1/2 games. When Bagent's time for playing had finished, he had the lowest sack percentage of all NFL QBs at 3.4%.

Lol… guess which team was right above Chicago last year. Baltimore. 

Just now, cyclone24 said:

Lol… guess which team was right above Chicago last year. Baltimore. 

But its his line!   No he bails after his 1st read isn't there.  Consistently.   

Quay Walker after the Bears Packers week 17 game.  A game the Bears wanted bad.  

Paraphrasing

"If we knew we could take him off his first read he turns into a RB"

1 hour ago, cyclone24 said:

Nobody thinks Fields is a franchise QB though. A few desperate teams might think he could be a franchise QB in the right environment. But no one is giving up a first rounder knowing that they’ll almost immediately have to pay him.

There may not be a QB at 8 I’d rather have. But if I were the Falcons, I’d rather draft a cost controlled player at 8 and sign a cheap stopgap QB vs. putting my chips in on Fields.

8 minutes ago, listen2me 23 said:

But its his line!   No he bails after his 1st read isn't there.  Consistently.   

Quay Walker after the Bears Packers week 17 game.  A game the Bears wanted bad.  

Paraphrasing

"If we knew we could take him off his first read he turns into a RB"

Yeah, I mean if you’re asking me if if I would like to see him plant that back foot and either throw or run immediately of course. But he doesn’t have the tools to work with at all.
Can he do some things better? Of course, but last 20 games he’s more comparable to Lamar Jackson, than he is to some average quarterback.

Without a doubt, he can be a franchise quarterback. Good Lord, there’s a lot of bad quarterbacks, right now

2 minutes ago, cyclone24 said:

Yeah, I mean if you’re asking me if if I would like to see him plant that back foot and either throw or run immediately of course. But he doesn’t have the tools to work with at all.
Can he do some things better? Of course, but last 20 games he’s more comparable to Lamar Jackson, than he is to some average quarterback.

Without a doubt, he can be a franchise quarterback. Good Lord, there’s a lot of bad quarterbacks, right now

A third of the teams in the league need a QB. 

1 minute ago, seafoam1 said:

A third of the teams in the league need a QB. 

Need a quarterback versus fields would be an upgrade? I’d say it’s well over 60%

2 hours ago, edjr said:

Why you gotta remind people of this? Fockin fudge packers. Fock them and their drunk, entitled fans.