Sign in to follow this  
Maximum Overkill

Trump’s New Company, net-worth balloons to $6.4B

Trump Media debuts with a stock price near $50 and a market value of about $6.8 billion. Many of Digital World’s investors were small-time investors either trying to support Trump or aiming to cash in on the mania, instead of big institutional and professional investors. Those shareholders helped the stock more than double this year in anticipation of the merger going through.

They’re betting on a company that has yet to turn a profit. Trump Media lost $49 million in the first nine months of last year, when it brought in just $3.4 million in revenue and had to pay $37.7 million in interest expenses. In a recent regulatory filing, the company cited the high rate of failure for new social media platforms, as well as the company’s expectation that it will lose money on its operations “for the foreseeable future” as risks for investors.

I've read this book before 🤣🤣🤣

• Thanks 1

Just now, Ron_Artest said:

I've read this book before

Wait, isn't he broke and homeless? With Billions in foreign assets, the American Government can't touch him. Y'all are dumb as shizz!!! 

HE'LL NEVER BE BROKE!!!!!! 

10 minutes ago, Maximum Overkill said:

Wait, isn't he broke and homeless? With Billions in foreign assets, the American Government can't touch him. Y'all are dumb as shizz!!! 

HE'LL NEVER BE BROKE!!!!!! 

Trump couldn't come up with $500M bond in a case where he's found to have overinflated his net worth 🤣🤣🤣🤣

You still think he's rich.  Dumber than dirt.

Says who? I know a judge that will destroy people if he disagrees with their valuation.....

1 hour ago, Ron_Artest said:

Trump couldn't come up with $500M bond in a case where he's found to have overinflated his net worth 🤣🤣🤣🤣

Nobody can. 500 m bonds do not exist 

I'm not  finance guy, but isn't it likely he has his money working for him rather than laying around in liquid cash.  It would take me up to a year to free up substqantial assets to make them liquid cash unless i were to take substantial penalties.  Some of my money it would take up to three years to access without penalty. My real estte, well i would need to find a buyer, maybe that hapens right away, maybe not for months.  I just don't think Trump not seeming to have half a billion dollars in cash tells us much.

Now on the other hand trump is all about bluster and gilding the lily.  It has always been important to him to seem like a rich big shot and I suspect he hs exaggerated his wealth for decades.

4 minutes ago, RaiderHaters Revenge said:

I question the acumen of someone, such as the person to whom you responded, who does not understand liquidity

3 minutes ago, RLLD said:

I question the acumen of someone, such as the person to whom you responded, who does not understand liquidity

You have to question it. It should be grade/high school understanding but it is first year college level understanding. 

You would think they wouldn't want to show off such lack of skills/understanding. 

Breaking news:

"Judge" Engoron sets new bond for President Trump at $6.39 Billion. Lequeesha Shame seen outside of Trump Tower with a caravan of illegals ready to move in.

4 minutes ago, seafoam1 said:

You have to question it. It should be grade/high school understanding but it is first year college level understanding. 

You would think they wouldn't want to show off such lack of skills/understanding. 

Hate can often lead one to irrational behaviors

32 minutes ago, Engorgeous George said:

I'm not  finance guy, but isn't it likely he has his money working for him rather than laying around in liquid cash.  It would take me up to a year to free up substqantial assets to make them liquid cash unless i were to take substantial penalties.  Some of my money it would take up to three years to access without penalty. My real estte, well i would need to find a buyer, maybe that hapens right away, maybe not for months.  I just don't think Trump not seeming to have half a billion dollars in cash tells us much.

Now on the other hand trump is all about bluster and gilding the lily.  It has always been important to him to seem like a rich big shot and I suspect he hs exaggerated his wealth for decades.

Of course.  I don't think he has $500m in cash lying around, nor should he, and he doesn't need to.  You would think that he would be able to get liquidity using his "billions" in collateral.

You don't need to sell securities to be liquid, you can use them for collateral, or any other assets you have to get you the liquidity you need.

Seems that amount would need several transactions to bundle together that much money, but what do I know, that is not my field.  I do know i would think carefully about making such a loan, collateralized or not, given trump's track record of non-payments and his puffing the value of the collateral.  imagine taking a lein on one of his properties and then finding their are 100 prior leins, many of which he forgot to disclose.  I would really have to do my due diligence before agreeing to a relationship withn Trump. 

2 minutes ago, Engorgeous George said:

Seems that amount would need several transactions to bundle together that much money, but what do I know, that is not my field.  I do know i would think carefully about making such a loan, collateralized or not, given trump's track record of non-payments and his puffing the value of the collateral.  imagine taking a lein on one of his properties and then finding their are 100 prior leins, many of which he forgot to disclose.  I would really have to do my due diligence before agreeing to a relationship withn Trump. 

That's exactly the point.  He's a conman who was just fined $454M for financial fraud.  Not many people are gonna give him money.

• Haha 1

43 minutes ago, RaiderHaters Revenge said:

Shohei Ohtani is close

Just now, Ron_Artest said:

That's exactly the point.  He's a conman who was just fined $454M for financial fraud.  Not many people are gonna give him money.

I get that.  I just took issue with the implication that if he did not have liquid assets in cash that he did not have substantial net worth.

2 minutes ago, Engorgeous George said:

I get that.  I just took issue with the implication that if he did not have liquid assets in cash that he did not have substantial net worth.

I don't know why his son didn't give him $500M of the $2B he just got from the Saudis.

2 hours ago, Ron_Artest said:

Trump Media debuts with a stock price near $50 and a market value of about $6.8 billion. Many of Digital World’s investors were small-time investors either trying to support Trump or aiming to cash in on the mania, instead of big institutional and professional investors. Those shareholders helped the stock more than double this year in anticipation of the merger going through.

They’re betting on a company that has yet to turn a profit. Trump Media lost $49 million in the first nine months of last year, when it brought in just $3.4 million in revenue and had to pay $37.7 million in interest expenses. In a recent regulatory filing, the company cited the high rate of failure for new social media platforms, as well as the company’s expectation that it will lose money on its operations “for the foreseeable future” as risks for investors.

Sure, he's worth 3B more in paper money, the company and the underwriters set the IPO. We will see what he's really worth in 6 months to a year when he tries to sell those stocks.  Based on the track record of the company and digital media's previous trading price---I doubt he see's 30%.  Still that would be a billion, so not bad. 

3 minutes ago, Ron_Artest said:

I don't know why his son didn't give him $500M of the $2B he just got from the Saudis.

Half a billion to the Big Guy?

10 minutes ago, Mike Honcho said:

Sure, he's worth 3B more in paper money, the company and the underwriters set the IPO. We will see what he's really worth in 6 months to a year when he tries to sell those stocks.  Based on the track record of the company and digital media's previous trading price---I doubt he see's 30%.  Still that would be a billion, so not bad. 

"paper money". 😆

53 minutes ago, Ron_Artest said:

HE'S BROKE 😭😭😭😭

Just now, Jose M said:

Up another 1.6B with todays trading.

Haha, he again bamboozled the Libtards 😂

3 hours ago, Ron_Artest said:

Yes, you have read it before and then pasted it here...From this site https://www.pbs.org/newshour/politics/trumps-social-media-company-starts-trading-on-nasdaq

Trump Media debuts with a stock price near $50 and a market value of about $6.8 billion, and will begin trading under the ticker symbol “DJT.” Many of Digital World’s investors were small-time investors either trying to support Trump or aiming to cash in on the mania, instead of big institutional and professional investors. Those shareholders helped the stock more than double this year in anticipation of the merger going through.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Ron_Artest said:

Yes you are dumber than dirt. Thanks for confirming again. 

He better be careful, some judge or DA somewhere might decide to prosecute him for being successful.....

Trump is starving!! He's broke! 😭

HE'S GOTS TA FEEDS DA KIDS! 😂

Honcho and gutter are the same folks who posted a lot about Elon losing half his money on Twitter. Valuation is close to what it was at sale and, obviously, you don't lose anything if you haven't sold. 

You don't hear much from them anymore on that topic. Just an FYI for down the road.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Ron_Artest said:

The little man can do a lot.  Ever here of Wall Street Bets and Game Stop.