Sign in to follow this  
edjr

John "Looking like a cougar" Mellencamp - Gets mad he is asked to not talk politics during concert

What a loser. 

• Haha 1

Ridiculous. I don't care about any performers political opinions one way or the other but.......they booked the venue to perform their craft. People pay exorbitant money to go & be entertained. They did not pay to listen to someone hop up on a soapbox & give their political opinions. I paid to see you sing....sing monkey. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 4

Here is the real story from a publication not owned by Rupert Murdoch.

https://www.cleveland.com/music/2024/03/why-did-rock-hall-of-famer-john-mellencamp-curse-at-fans-stomp-off-stage-at-ohio-concert.html

Why did Rock Hall of Famer John Mellencamp curse at fans, stomp off stage at Ohio concert?

TOLEDO, Ohio – Rock and Roll Hall of Famer John Mellencamp has made it clear the audience should listen and pay attention.

If hecklers can’t be quiet, he won’t play.

Mellancamp, who has clashed with audiences in the past, mixed it up with a concertgoer on Sunday, March 17 during a show at the Stranahan Theater in Toledo when he was interrupted by an outburst from the crowd while telling a story.

A video on TikTok shows Mellencamp stop in mid-sentence and respond after an unseen member of the audience yelled that he should stop talking and “play some music.”

The audience booed the heckler.

Mellencamp addressed the heckler directly.

“What do you think I’ve been doing, you (expletive)?” he said.

Then he told someone on the concert staff to find the man because he wanted to see him after the show.

“Here’s the thing, man. You don’t know me. You don’t (expletive) know me,” he’s says in the TikTok video. “Hey Joe, find this guy and let me see him after the show.”  [...]

After the initial outburst, Mellencamp returned to telling his story, but he was interrupted again by another heckler who yelled that he should play the “Authority Song,” a hit from his 1983 album “Uh-Huh.”

“Guys, I can stop this show right now and just go home,” Mellencamp is heard saying in the TikTok video. “Tell you what I’m going to do. Since you’ve been so wonderful, I’m going to cut about 10 songs out of the show. Here we go.”

With that, Mellencamp began to sing his hit “Jack & Diane.” But he stopped abruptly.

“Know what? Show’s over,” Mellencamp is heard saying on the TikTok video just before walking off stage. 

But Mellencamp returned to the stage after about five minutes and performed several more songs. That was after the initial heckler had been removed, Out of the Blue said.

And after returning, Mellencamp also responded to another heckler, telling that concertgoer to “go back to kindergarten.”

• Haha 2

17 minutes ago, squistion said:

🤡  The video isn't real?

• Like 1

He has updated his biggest hit to Jack and Brian. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, Hardcore troubadour said:

He has updated his biggest hit to Jack and Brian. 

Nice.  

• Thanks 1

39 minutes ago, edjr said:

🤡  The video isn't real?

I started to watch it, but stopped after I saw that it was selectively edited and not giving the full context of what actually happened so as to be a distorted and misleading account of what happened and why. 

Sky New is Murdoch anti-left and anti-liberal propaganda, just like we saw on Fox when Rupert ran it.

Just now, squistion said:

I started to watch it, but stopped after I saw that it was selectively edited and not giving the full context of what actually happened so as to a distorted and misleading account of what happened and why. 

Sky New is Murdoch anti-left and anti-liberal propaganda, just like we saw on Fox when Rupert ran it.

His words were also dubbed?

3 minutes ago, squistion said:

I started to watch it, but stopped after I saw that it was selectively edited and not giving the full context of what actually happened so as to a distorted and misleading account of what happened and why. 

Not edited. 

Just now, edjr said:

His words were also dubbed?

It was edited to give a misleading impression, just like the clips we see all the time posted here about Biden. 

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

15 minutes ago, edjr said:

Not edited. 

Not edited

13 minutes ago, thegeneral said:

Good afternoon to fire up some of JCM’s greatest hits. 

Not a huge fan, but I like some of his music. Would never go out of my way to listen.

I do remember Jack and Diane being very popular when I was like 9 or 10

13 minutes ago, edjr said:

Not a huge fan, but I like some of his music. Would never go out of my way to listen.

I do remember Jack and Diane being very popular when I was like 9 or 10

Has a bunch of hits. Also helps that he grew up and lived about 30 minutes from where I did. 

Just now, thegeneral said:

Has a bunch of hits. Also helps that he grew up and lived about 30 minutes from where I did. 

Oh no doubt. I play Cherry Bomb when I DJ (for the older crowd)

• Like 1

Amazing the guy that wrote Justice and Independence 85 is a bullhorn for the war mongers now. 

Scarecrow album is one of my all time favorite albums and very underrated, his older sh!t before that was good as well. Seems like his voice has gone though at his age. To many cigs over the years.

Amazing that the guy that wrote Pink Houses is now a shill for the party of the pharmaceutical industry and the banks 

“ cause the simple man baby pays the bills for the thrills, the pills that kill”. And the banks. The ones that were foreclosing on all those Pink Houses. 

1 hour ago, squistion said:

It was edited to give a misleading impression, just like the clips we see all the time posted here about Biden. 

Bloodbath. :cry:

• Thanks 1

Hard to believe the guy that wrote Rain On The Scarecrow is now a mouthpiece for the party of corporate landlords and Banks 

Call up my friend Schepman to auction off the land

He said John it’s just my job, I hope you understand 

Calling it your job ol Hoss sure don’t make it right 

But if you want me to I’ll say a prayer for your soul tonight 

…….Take away a man’s dignity he can’t work his fields and cows. 

Old guy in overalls who's voice is shot trying to sing classic from when he was young, pathetic. What a crybaby.

Still better than that hack Springsteen.  

• Like 1

Just now, BeenHereBefore said:

You would think John would be hating on Bill Gates with his GMO food crap replacing farmers.

👍

Just now, Bert said:

It’s a close debate!

Just now, Bert said:

Don’t get me started. I could go all day. 

16 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

cause the simple man baby pays the bills for the thrills, the pills that kill”. And the banks. The ones that were foreclosing on all those Pink Houses. 

5 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Call up my friend Schepman to auction off the land

He said John it’s just my job, I hope you understand 

Calling it your job ol Hoss sure don’t make it right 

But if you want me to I’ll say a prayer for your soul tonight 

…….Take away a man’s dignity he can’t work his fields and cows. 

Classics!

Hard to believe that the guy that wrote Minutes To Memories is now a toady for the party of DEI and handouts. 

Another hot one out on Highway 11

This is my life it’s what I’ve chosen to do 

There’s no free rides no one said it’d be easy 

The old man told me this my  son now I’m telling it to you 

…..You are young and you are the future

So suck it up and tough it out and be the best you can. 

I am loving this deep dive into the JCM library. Make sure to add them to your Spotify!

1 minute ago, BeenHereBefore said:

I need a singer that wouldn't drive me crazy. some talk politics and won't go away.

Nice. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, thegeneral said:

I am loving this deep dive into the JCM library. Make sure to add them to your Spotify!

Tell us yur ghey without telling us yur ghey.

7 minutes ago, EternalShinyAndChrome said:

Tell us yur ghey without telling us yur ghey.

So many Geekhomos are obsessed with all things gay. Add you to the list. 

14 hours ago, squistion said:

https://www.cleveland.com/music/2024/03/why-did-rock-hall-of-famer-john-mellencamp-curse-at-fans-stomp-off-stage-at-ohio-concert.html

Why did Rock Hall of Famer John Mellencamp curse at fans, stomp off stage at Ohio concert?

TOLEDO, Ohio – Rock and Roll Hall of Famer John Mellencamp has made it clear the audience should listen and pay attention.

If hecklers can’t be quiet, he won’t play.

Mellancamp, who has clashed with audiences in the past, mixed it up with a concertgoer on Sunday, March 17 during a show at the Stranahan Theater in Toledo when he was interrupted by an outburst from the crowd while telling a story.

A video on TikTok shows Mellencamp stop in mid-sentence and respond after an unseen member of the audience yelled that he should stop talking and “play some music.”

The audience booed the heckler.

Mellencamp addressed the heckler directly.

“What do you think I’ve been doing, you (expletive)?” he said.

Then he told someone on the concert staff to find the man because he wanted to see him after the show.

“Here’s the thing, man. You don’t know me. You don’t (expletive) know me,” he’s says in the TikTok video. “Hey Joe, find this guy and let me see him after the show.”  [...]

After the initial outburst, Mellencamp returned to telling his story, but he was interrupted again by another heckler who yelled that he should play the “Authority Song,” a hit from his 1983 album “Uh-Huh.”

“Guys, I can stop this show right now and just go home,” Mellencamp is heard saying in the TikTok video. “Tell you what I’m going to do. Since you’ve been so wonderful, I’m going to cut about 10 songs out of the show. Here we go.”

With that, Mellencamp began to sing his hit “Jack & Diane.” But he stopped abruptly.

“Know what? Show’s over,” Mellencamp is heard saying on the TikTok video just before walking off stage. 

But Mellencamp returned to the stage after about five minutes and performed several more songs. That was after the initial heckler had been removed, Out of the Blue said.

And after returning, Mellencamp also responded to another heckler, telling that concertgoer to “go back to kindergarten.”

Tard