Sign in to follow this  
edjr

Another fast food place closes in CA same day as minimum wage goes to $20

:lol: 

Fast food is expanding in California. So is all retail: Here in Southern Cal the demand for retail space is incredible. I’m not a fan of raising the minimum wage but it’s not hurting us at all. 

• Confused 1

2 hours ago, The Real timschochet said:

Fast food is expanding in California. So is all retail: Here in Southern Cal the demand for retail space is incredible. I’m not a fan of raising the minimum wage but it’s not hurting us at all. 

Damn...whatever u smokin...damn

Our cities are burning.

🔥

Lots of talk about a commercial real estate bust coming soon. 

We all know what happens here.  People lose their jobs, and now all those unemployed people are fighting for fewer opportunities.  They then consume more from social programs.  The Democrats will of course blame businesses....

Moreover, the costs will still rise because of this stupidity...and be passed along to the consumer, making their life less.....for no real return on value.   Its a sick way to treat people.

3 hours ago, The Real timschochet said:

Do you pay the Messicans you  care about so much minimum wage?  Tax them or cheat the system?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, BrahmaBulls said:

Do you pay the Messicans you  care about so much minimum wage?  Tax them or cheat the system?

I don’t operate fast food. 

4 minutes ago, The Real timschochet said:

I don’t operate fast food. 

I know.  You eat fast food.  A lot of it.   Answer the questions

• Haha 3

McDonalds Restaurants and Artisan Bakeries  Each day they can feature a different kind of artisan bread and cookies made on sight by the head baker known as the Fraudleteer, a new character in the McDonald's cosmos like the hamburglar or Mayor McCheese.

Businesses will survive, for the most part, I think the "mom and pop" stores will see at least some closures as they wont be able to sustain.

But fock them right? I mean, who cares about them.....

With the extra money these workers have in their pockets, at least the ones who don't lose their jobs, will they be able to afford fast food themselves? 

I'm old, i remeber when fast food employment was a starter, part time job for high school kids.

3 minutes ago, RLLD said:

Businesses will survive, for the most part, I think the "mom and pop" stores will see at least some closures as they wont be able to sustain.

But fock them right? I mean, who cares about them.....

Again what you’re relating has no bearing on reality here in California. Small business food retail is thriving. It’s fully rebounded from Covid. 

And with most small businesses, minimum wage really isn’t relevant because they pay employees under the table. A majority of small restaurants here use undocumented labor: I keep trying to tell you guys this but you don’t listen.  

7 minutes ago, The Real timschochet said:

Again what you’re relating has no bearing on reality here in California. Small business food retail is thriving. It’s fully rebounded from Covid. 

And with most small businesses, minimum wage really isn’t relevant because they pay employees under the table. A majority of small restaurants here use undocumented labor: I keep trying to tell you guys this but you don’t listen.  

Thanks Tim. None of us knew that.  We thought those dishwashers were in a union.  

• Haha 3

9 minutes ago, The Real timschochet said:

It very well could be, and putting this silly policy into place will not immediately hurt, it will.....eventually....but it could take some time.

4 hours ago, The Real timschochet said:

28 minutes ago, The Real timschochet said:

California Unemployment Rate is at 5.30%, compared to 5.20% last month and 4.50% last year.

38 minutes ago, Engorgeous George said:

With the extra money these workers have in their pockets, at least the ones who don't lose their jobs, will they be able to afford fast food themselves? 

I'm old, i remeber when fast food employment was a starter, part time job for high school kids.

If you worked for McDs when I was growing up, you were mocked and picked on in school. 

• Thanks 1

I saw a post where in and out raised the milk shakes by 5 cents and burgers 10 cents.

Maybe it's not that big of a deal.

Republicans need to get over keeping wages down. It's very clear wages have not kept up with the amount produced and inflation. 

2 minutes ago, lickin_starfish said:

Why don't these places just hire illegals and pay them less than minimum wage?

Why don't they do what restaurants do here where I live. Hire illegals and pay overtime and certain wages 'under the table"

9 minutes ago, lickin_starfish said:

Why don't these places just hire illegals and pay them less than minimum wage?

Illegals?  Why not just all women?  For as much they scream about this fake wage gap you would think businesses would hire nothing BUT women.

35 minutes ago, Baker Boy said:

California Unemployment Rate is at 5.30%, compared to 5.20% last month and 4.50% last year.

Duh, that's because the businesses are hiring illegals and paying them in cash... thus evading taxes (which I thought was a bad thing... I guess it's bad only if you're Donald Trump), as well as hurting American's, born and raised here.

12 minutes ago, TBayXXXVII said:

Duh, that's because the businesses are hiring illegals and paying them in cash... thus evading taxes (which I thought was a bad thing... I guess it's bad only if you're Donald Trump), as well as hurting American's, born and raised here.

Link?

47 minutes ago, edjr said:

If you worked for McDs when I was growing up, you were mocked and picked on in school. 

Sorry Ed. It’s starting to make sense now.

49 minutes ago, edjr said:

We just felt sorry for our friends who could find noting better.

2 minutes ago, Gladiators said:

Sorry Ed. It’s starting to make sense now.

Not even for what I make now. 

1 hour ago, The Real timschochet said:

It is relevant because the high minimum wage in California is the reason businesses do this. it’s a matter of survival.

2 minutes ago, Engorgeous George said:

We just felt sorry for our friends who could find noting better.

Jeff Bezos’ first job was at McDonald’s as well as many other successful Americans.

Just now, Baker Boy said:

Jeff Bezos’ first job was at McDonald’s as well as many other successful Americans.

and where I live. 91% white. Not a single white person works at McDs, not even the managers. You want to bring something back? you better speak Portuguese (brazilian)

5 minutes ago, Baker Boy said:

It is relevant because the high minimum wage in California is the reason businesses do this. it’s a matter of survival.

They’d do it anyway. Most of the retail businesses in California are owned by new immigrants: Hispanics, Asians, Middle Easterners: Thwy hire family members and undocumented friends from the same country. Everyone is paid under the table. Minimum wage laws have nothing to do with it. 

Just now, The Real timschochet said:

They’d do it anyway. Most of the retail businesses in California are owned by new immigrants: Hispanics, Asians, Middle Easterners: Thwy hire family members and undocumented friends from the same country. Everyone is paid under the table. Minimum wage laws have nothing to do with it. 

That’s why a small national sales tax is a great idea. These Fockin freeloading invaders ain’t paying. 

Just now, Hardcore troubadour said:

That’s why a small national sales tax is a great idea. These Fockin freeloading invaders ain’t paying. 

Freeloading my ass. They ARE our economy. 

• Haha 1