Sign in to follow this  
edjr

California’s $20 fast food minimum wage balloons menu prices — with some chains increasing costs by nearly $2

https://nypost.com/2024/04/02/us-news/californias-20-fast-food-wage-raises-prices-by-up-to-1-80/

You’ll be dropping a lot of dollar on that Whopper.

Menu prices at fast food chains across California have increased, as a new law went into effect requiring them to pay a $20-an-hour minimum wage to workers from Monday.

The Post checked menus at several restaurants in the Los Angeles area to see if the costs are already being passed on to consumers — with mixed results.

The biggest leap was at a Burger King, where a Texas Double Whopper meal cost $15.09 on March 29 but surged to $16.89 on April 1, a whopping increase of $1.80 (nearly 12%) for the same meal.

Well done libs. Another victory. 

It's fine.  The left will simply blame businesses for being greedy.

I wonder, do they have any notion of who those prices impact disproportionately

It’s the governments plan to put people out of work, on the street.  Red and Blue team want to destroy its people they governed over.  Put your trust in God, and not man.  But people will run and vote for this same crap.  Shame. 

20 minutes ago, weepaws said:

It’s the governments plan to put people out of work, on the street.  Red and Blue team want to destroy its people they governed over.  Put your trust in God, and not man.  But people will run and vote for this same crap.  Shame. 

What are you trying to say, that we should all vote for God or we shouldn’t vote at all and just trust God to take care of us?

what is your point here?

59 minutes ago, weepaws said:

Usually I agree with you. Please show me the republican run states that do these kind of idiotic policies.

Federal minimum wage goes further in Alabama than $20 an hour does in California. Good job smart lefties!

1 hour ago, Baker Boy said:

What are you trying to say, that we should all vote for God or we shouldn’t vote at all and just trust God to take care of us?

what is your point here?

24 minutes ago, edjr said:

Usually I agree with you. Please show me the republican run states that do these kind of idiotic policies.

My point is that in the end, both the red and blue team have the same let’s destroy this country, they might not do it the same way, but they both have the same goal.  You shouldn’t keep voting for the same teams when nothing gets better, but worst over time.  My point let’s take back this country before we can’t.   

And yes baker boy, give Jesus your vote, and stop believing in karma.  

Thanks. 

16 minutes ago, weepaws said:

stop believing in karma.  

Agree. the VP is a deplorable person. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, weepaws said:

It’s the governments plan to put people out of work, on the street.  Red and Blue team want to destroy its people they governed over.  

Why do they want to destroy us and put people out of work?

22 minutes ago, weepaws said:

My point is that in the end, both the red and blue team have the same let’s destroy this country, they might not do it the same way, but they both have the same goal.  You shouldn’t keep voting for the same teams when nothing gets better, but worst over time.  My point let’s take back this country before we can’t.   

And yes baker boy, give Jesus your vote, and stop believing in karma.  

Thanks. 

From the book of Mark

13 Later they sent some of the Pharisees and Herodians to Jesus to catch him in his words. 14 They came to him and said, “Teacher, we know that you are a man of integrity. You aren’t swayed by others, because you pay no attention to who they are; but you teach the way of God in accordance with the truth. Is it right to pay the imperial tax[b]to Caesar or not? 15 Should we pay or shouldn’t we?”

But Jesus knew their hypocrisy. “Why are you trying to trap me?” he asked. “Bring me a denarius and let me look at it.” 16 They brought the coin, and he asked them, “Whose image is this? And whose inscription?”

“Caesar’s,” they replied.

17 Then Jesus said to them, “Give back to Caesar what is Caesar’s and to God what is God’s.”

10 minutes ago, TimHauck said:

Maybe that pizza place had tunnels underneath it for liberal pedophiles? 

20 minutes ago, TimHauck said:

Great question, why not ask them. 

11 minutes ago, Baker Boy said:

From the book of Mark

13 Later they sent some of the Pharisees and Herodians to Jesus to catch him in his words. 14 They came to him and said, “Teacher, we know that you are a man of integrity. You aren’t swayed by others, because you pay no attention to who they are; but you teach the way of God in accordance with the truth. Is it right to pay the imperial tax[b]to Caesar or not? 15 Should we pay or shouldn’t we?”

But Jesus knew their hypocrisy. “Why are you trying to trap me?” he asked. “Bring me a denarius and let me look at it.” 16 They brought the coin, and he asked them, “Whose image is this? And whose inscription?”

“Caesar’s,” they replied.

17 Then Jesus said to them, “Give back to Caesar what is Caesar’s and to God what is God’s.”

And? What you don’t pay your taxes, please don’t say that.  

5 minutes ago, weepaws said:

Does Jesus know?

16 minutes ago, weepaws said:

And? What you don’t pay your taxes, please don’t say that.  

I am questioning if you understand anything that is written in the Bible.

19 minutes ago, weepaws said:

We are asking you, you are the one that made the accusation.

1 hour ago, TimHauck said:

Does Jesus know?

For if our heart condemn us, God is Greater than our heart, and God knows all things.  Indeed Jesus knows all.  

This would be the perfect time for you to stat a relationship with Jesus , and to be Saved.  Thanks. 

1 hour ago, Baker Boy said:

I am questioning if you understand anything that is written in the Bible.

You need to pay your taxes.  

Unto you first God, having raised up His Son Jesus, sent Him to Bless you, in turning away every one of you from iniquities.  Acts 3:26.  Amen. 

Sorry dude , no mention of karma.  Do you believe that verse, if not the truth in Jesus is dead in you.  Amen. 

11 minutes ago, Gutterboys Flip Flops said:

Less crapper bustin fatties....cant afford the food

What fat boy? 

28 minutes ago, weepaws said:

For if our heart condemn us, God is Greater than our heart, and God knows all things.  Indeed Jesus knows all.  

This would be the perfect time for you to stat a relationship with Jesus , and to be Saved.  Thanks. 

So then he’ll tell me why the government wants to destroy us?

Interesting.  So much for separation of Church and state.

7 minutes ago, TimHauck said:

Jesus going to tell that, Jesus is the Truth, The Way, and the Life, and there is no other way to Heaven but by Him.  

Or Jesus is going to tell to get behind him satan, but I have good news for you, You get to choose, choose wisely.  

Thanks. 

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, TimHauck said:

Jesus is the church, Jesus is the state, for all things that are , was made by a Him.  Learn it, Live it, Love it.  And be wise.  

• Haha 1

Just now, weepaws said:

Jesus is the church, Jesus is the state, for all things that are , was made by a Him.  Learn it, Live it, Love it.  And be wise.  

So the slaves didn’t make anything?

5 minutes ago, TimHauck said:

So the slaves didn’t make anything?

John 1:1-3  

In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.  

The same was in the beginning with God. 

All Things were made By Him, and Without Him was Not anything made that was Made. 

Thanks. 

• Confused 1

48 minutes ago, weepaws said:

John 1:1-3  

In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.  

The same was in the beginning with God. 

All Things were made By Him, and Without Him was Not anything made that was Made. 

Thanks. 

Oh

1 hour ago, weepaws said:

What fat boy? 

"Do not judge, or you too will be judged. For in the same way you judge others, you will be judged, and with the measure you use, it will be measured to you

• Like 1

12 hours ago, weepaws said:

My point let’s take back this country before we can’t.

If as you say, both the blue & the red team are intent on destroying the nation, how are we supposed to go about taking it back ?

A different party ? Libertarian.............something else ?

9 hours ago, Gutterboys Flip Flops said:

"Do not judge, or you too will be judged. For in the same way you judge others, you will be judged, and with the measure you use, it will be measured to you

All sinners love that verse lol, but don’t understand it.  Silly clowns 👆🏿

But He who is Spiritual Judges all things, yet he Himself is judged by no one. 2 Corinthians 2:15.  

Now choke on that verse fat boy.  

2 hours ago, easilyscan said:

If as you say, both the blue & the red team are intent on destroying the nation, how are we supposed to go about taking it back ?

A different party ? Libertarian.............something else ?

Don’t have the answers, but what do you think? Do you see what’s going on in this country right now, government is giving this country away imo.  Voting for them is simply telling them one supports what’s  going on.  Do you support that? 

1 hour ago, Strike said:

I’m no Newsom fan, but this is a nothingburger.  The $20 is for fast food workers, not restaurants with table service like this one where the job description states this person will earn tips.

And sounds like Newsom isn’t even involved in the operation anyway.

Another fail from @Strike

This could be a backhanded win of sorts.  Lower income families will often have to resort to consuming lower quality food due to cost. 

If we make the bad foods more expensive, then maybe they tilt toward healthier options?

4 minutes ago, RLLD said:

This could be a backhanded win of sorts.  Lower income families will often have to resort to consuming lower quality food due to cost. 

If we make the bad foods more expensive, then maybe they tilt toward healthier options?

Worst economy in the history of the country.  And Trump's economy was the best in the history of the country. 

Right boyo?

LMFAO

6 minutes ago, RLLD said:

I’d say that would be a good outcome.  But I have little faith 

8 minutes ago, RLLD said:

I considered this as well. It may also cause fast food places in California to go out of business and force people to take different jobs…or move…or fast food just becomes more automated, thereby reducing the number of minimum wage jobs altogether. People are forced to find something else to do. Probably just learn to code.