Sign in to follow this  
squistion

Trump's NY Election Interference Trial (Defense rests. Trump did not take the stand)

Just now, RLLD said:

Since I accepted that it was within the power of the President all along to declassify as he chose, and would not decide to only now start to care.....then no, I have no issue because it would be dishonest to now have an issue, simply because its Trump.....

Could the President kill an opponent and have immunity, likely not, but I think that was a great question answered poorly by legal counsel.....I will pretend your attempt to put those words into his mouth was just a simple mistake.

I also think taking out an opponent through legal abuse us not acceptable.

I never said you said these, I asked.

Your veneer of impartiality is wearing a little thin though. You are clearly in the bag for this dude.

It’s fine to admit. 

40 minutes ago, Mike Honcho said:

Yes, I googled it and now I know the process. 

Me too! So Trump went through the necessary steps. Let’s move on. What’s the crime again? 

24 minutes ago, jonmx said:

They brought in the Top Secret cover sheets for the photos. 

You just ruined it for him. Ron/ Gutterboy and a few others whacked off to those pictures like they were playmate of the year. But she’s fake. Fake, fake, fake. You think they will wonder why the DOJ did that? Nah. They like being lied to. They prove it all the time. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Me too! So Trump went through the necessary steps. Let’s move on. What’s the crime again? 

You clearly didn't Google it then if that's what you learned from the process. I was really hoping this exercise would help you learn, but the old adage seems to be true, you can't teach an old dog new tricks.  :( 

• Haha 1

46 minutes ago, thegeneral said:

What did Comey say about that?

He said no harm, no foul, and let it go, because she was political royalty, and they never prosecute politicians for this stuff.

Until now.

It's funny how you just don't realize that you prove our point with every post.

• Sad 1

17 minutes ago, Mike Honcho said:

You clearly didn't Google it then if that's what you learned from the process. I was really hoping this exercise would help you learn, but the old adage seems to be true, you can't teach an old dog new tricks.  :( 

Really? My research showed me if the president says it’s not classified , it isn’t. What did you find. ? Is there a form or something? 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, jerryskids said:

He said no harm, no foul, and let it go, because she was political royalty, and they never prosecute politicians for this stuff.

Until now.

It's funny how you just don't realize that you prove our point with every post.

This is bullshit. He wrote this:

“I should add here that we found no evidence that any of the additional work-related e-mails were intentionally deleted in an effort to conceal them. Our assessment is that, like many e-mail users, Secretary Clinton periodically deleted e-mails or e-mails were purged from the system when devices were changed. Because she was not using a government account—or even a commercial account like Gmail—there was no archiving at all of her e-mails, so it is not surprising that we discovered e-mails that were not on Secretary Clinton’s system in 2014, when she produced the 30,000 e-mails to the State Department.”

”Although we did not find clear evidence that Secretary Clinton or her colleagues intended to violate laws governing the handling of classified information, there is evidence that they were extremely careless in their handling of very sensitive, highly classified information.”

For the 30th time today Trump is charged with covering stuff up, they have him talking about this on tape and have him obstructing the investigation.

For fock’s sake he’s not some victim of the deep state he’s an asshat who keeps screwing up. If he would have given the stuff back he would have gotten the same “reckless warning” crap they give everyone. He did this to himself. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Just now, squistion said:

Cant wait!!

3 minutes ago, squistion said:

Are you going to have a watch party like women do for the real housewives? 

1 hour ago, thegeneral said:

I never said you said these, I asked.

Your veneer of impartiality is wearing a little thin though. You are clearly in the bag for this dude.

It’s fine to admit. 

It is you who can't accept obvious truths and thus are the one deeply in the bag.   This kind of abuse of the legal system only occurs in corrupt authoritarian states.   

1 hour ago, RLLD said:

True, but I accept their excuse that they ran out.  Now if you wanted to instead call them out for using it as a propaganda tool, that is different.  My point remains that the DOJ will lie, as has been shown, to serve the Democrat Party in taking down their political opponents....that is my problem.

It is really not a Democrat issue.  The deep state loves their war-mongering Presidents even the Republicans ones like GW Bush.  

4 hours ago, Ron_Artest said:

He wasn't caught falsifying evidence you dope 🤣

The prosecution stated that the order of the files could have shifted in transit or as a result of the review of the evidence that Trump ordered as part of his lawsuit.

Many has been the time that when I was transporting file boxes full of evidence that folders jumped from one box to another, wraping themselves around memos which had previously not been in folders.  Its maddening, but it happens all the time.  You try to prevent it by putting lids on the file boes and using bungee cords to secure them, but like raccoons getting into garbage cans top secret folders simply will not be denied.

So Fat Alvins office likes fuuckin with the evidence too. 

7 hours ago, RLLD said:

It’s a great question.  My gut tells me he will not. But you can never be sure with him. He likes to be unpredictable, which is why his foreign policy was so effective. 

You mispelled “horrible” here. 

5 minutes ago, The Real timschochet said:

Was it holding our partners accountable for their responsibilities or the peace that bothered you? Perhaps it was our enemies fearing us? 

3 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Was it holding our partners accountable for their responsibilities or the peace that bothered you? Perhaps it was our enemies fearing us? 

Let’s start with abandoning the Kurds. Then moving the Israeli embassy to Jerusalem (terrible.) Breaking off the Iran deal (catastrophic) threatening NATO, blackmailing Ukraine, leaving the Paris accords, the tariffs. 

Arguably the worst foreign policy President in American history, but hey who’s counting right? 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

11 minutes ago, squistion said:

https://twitter.com/KatiePhang/status/1790012433584554418

Judge Merchan has taken the bench. Court has begun.

The jury is entering the courtroom.

Michael Cohen is the prosecution’s big witness today.

This would be interesting theater to watch live.  The jilted ex-lover and documented perjurer takes the stand to get her pound of flesh. Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned and the full fury of Michelle Cohen will be on display.  Ironic as Trump started this whole thing to not face the scorn of women he had taken for granted and now he has to face that fury.

Should be easy to excoriate Michelle on cross examination though one can predict Michellewill ignore any indicting questions and fling back non-responsive barbs until the judge finally directs him to answer.  Of course this judge may be slow to do so.

Interesting that in life there are often reckonings for our bad acts.  Also frightening as that means I am likely to yet face quite a few reckonings.

Cohen talking about all the terrible sh1t he did for Trump, particularly not paying small businesses, and then offering them 20% on their invoices, otherwise they got nothing.

Trump, always looking out for the little guy 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

On 5/10/2024 at 9:04 PM, The Real timschochet said:

Except that this assertion is not true, our lives were far better under Trump, and much less so under Biden.....

1 minute ago, RLLD said:

Except that this assertion is not true, our lives were far better under Trump, and much less so under Biden.....

Even if that were true (and I disagree strongly particularly if you include 2020) that’s not what you wrote originally. There is a huge difference between saying that a President is good or bad and our lives during that President’s term of office were good or bad. If I were to accept your theory that it’s the same, the two worst Presidents in American history would be Lincoln and FDR because that’s when things were generally the worst for the most Americans. 

My own working theory is that it usually takes about 3-4 years for a President’s actions to take effect with the public. Thus if things were good under Trump, it may partly be  due to actions that Obama took. If things are bad right now, it may partly be due to actions that Trump took. But in both cases it’s due far more to events that the President is powerless to have any affect on. 

4 minutes ago, The Real timschochet said:

Even if that were true (and I disagree strongly particularly if you include 2020) that’s not what you wrote originally. There is a huge difference between saying that a President is good or bad and our lives during that President’s term of office were good or bad. If I were to accept your theory that it’s the same, the two worst Presidents in American history would be Lincoln and FDR because that’s when things were generally the worst for the most Americans. 

My own working theory is that it usually takes about 3-4 years for a President’s actions to take effect with the public. Thus if things were good under Trump, it may partly be  due to actions that Obama took. If things are bad right now, it may partly be due to actions that Trump took. But in both cases it’s due far more to events that the President is powerless to have any affect on. 

I think you make salient points.   I also might submit that the mistakes, coupled with the gaslighting/lying, of Biden separates him from any of his predecessors.  

53161794_250148962592516_8470936999736377344_n.png

2 minutes ago, Voltaire said:

Are Cohen, Stormy, Pecker, lying about this or is Donald?

2 minutes ago, Voltaire said:

I don’t think Cohen is a credible guy. He’s already shown himself to lie under oath. But in this case there is a lot of evidence to back up his testimony. 

• Haha 1

Stormy has show that she has lied about her "experience" with Trump, and Cohen is also a liar....both of these people have also demonstrated their intense dislike for Trump.....

I am sure they are only too happy to repeat their lies ad nauseum. 

Trump has only said he didn’t bang Stormy  and didn’t know anything about these payments.

If you buy that you are lying 😂

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Is Avenatti testifying next?

13 minutes ago, RLLD said:

Stormy has show that she has lied about her "experience" with Trump, and Cohen is also a liar....both of these people have also demonstrated their intense dislike for Trump.....

I am sure they are only too happy to repeat their lies ad nauseum. 

How did Stormy show she was lying? 

Just now, thegeneral said:

Do you think she is lying about Trump banging her?

I think Trump likely did bang her, and I still don't care.    I think she was likely being honest in 2018, but her current position on what transpired is a lie.....built to serve the lawfare desires of the Democrats to eliminate political opposition.

1 minute ago, RLLD said:

I think Trump likely did bang her, and I still don't care.    I think she was likely being honest in 2018, but her current position on what transpired is a lie.....built to serve the lawfare desires of the Democrats to eliminate political opposition.

Not asking if you care. Your opinion of that isn’t relevant.

He claims he didn’t bang her he didn’t work to hide it, cover up the payments etc with a media outlet before the election to help his chances. 

She says they knocked boots, Avenati and Pecker said they worked to suppress the story. It’s painfully obvious he is lying about this.

If that is a crime is the issue.

16 minutes ago, Pimpadeaux said:

Trump made a series of bizarre comments and gaffes at the rally in Wildwood, mixing up the names of several people and places. He also referred to the "late, great Hannibal Lecter," calling the fictional serial killer character "a wonderful man."

WTF.  🤣

6 minutes ago, thegeneral said:

Not asking if you care. Your opinion of that isn’t relevant.

He claims he didn’t bang her he didn’t work to hide it, cover up the payments etc with a media outlet before the election to help his chances. 

She says they knocked boots, Avenati and Pecker said they worked to suppress the story. It’s painfully obvious he is lying about this.

If that is a crime is the issue.

I think he did knock boots, and i think he probably did what most people do with the NDA and payoffs....not unlike what the Clintons did, and I did not care when they did it either.