Sign in to follow this  
Mike Honcho

NBA bans Raptors' Jontay Porter for gambling violations

The Toronto Raptors' Jontay Porter has been banned from the league after an investigation revealed he had disclosed confidential information to bettors, limited his participation in at least one game while he was with Raptors, and bet on NBA games while playing in the G League.

The NBA said in a release announcing Porter's ban that its investigation remains open and that it is sharing information with federal authorities. ESPN reached out to the U.S. Department of Justice and the FBI for comment.

"There is nothing more important than protecting the integrity of NBA competition for our fans, our teams and everyone associated with our sport, which is why Jontay Porter's blatant violations of our game rules are being met with the most severe punishment," NBA commissioner Adam Silver said while announcing the ban.

Could have been worse, they could have made him play for the Pistons

• Haha 1

Pete Rose still isn’t in the Baseball HOF.  Go figure.  And he has the most hits in the history of the game.  

• Haha 1

NBA bans Jontay Porter, sponsored by Fanduel

17 minutes ago, Strike said:

NBA bans Jontay Porter, sponsored by Fanduel

Shoot that reminds me. I meant to check to see if they ran an ESPN bets ad right after they did the story. That would’ve been classic

Does this mean my participation in the EdEx Cup will prevent me from playing on the PGA Touelr?

@edjr

He should have just beat the sh!t out of his girlfriend.   Hed still be in the league.

Dummy

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, weepaws said:

Pete Rose still isn’t in the Baseball HOF.  Go figure.  And he has the most hits in the history of the game.  

Whats your point?  

Heck in the NFL this past season I seen a few players sit out for no good reason when they was close to their over prop points and makes you wonder why ?

5 hours ago, Ron 'Tator Salad' White said:

Should have had a fall guy like a certain other person 

Like he should have blamed Ohtani's interpreter. 

So Michael Porter Jr. is a Denver Nuggets starter.  He is the brother of this guy.  His other brother killed a woman last year in a drunk driving incident, pled guilty, and is going to be sentenced tomorrow.   And we're about to start the playoffs to defend our championship.  Guess we'll see if this guy has Brett Favre's mental game.

43 minutes ago, Strike said:

So Michael Porter Jr. is a Denver Nuggets starter.  He is the brother of this guy.  His other brother killed a woman last year in a drunk driving incident, pled guilty, and is going to be sentenced tomorrow.   And we're about to start the playoffs to defend our championship.  Guess we'll see if this guy has Brett Favre's mental game.

Fuk your Nuggets   

LIGHT THE BEAM !@#

He was on a two way contracting making $415,000 this year playing basketball. Those gambling decisions were very costly for him.