Sign in to follow this  
MDC

The ***OFFICIAL*** NFL draft thread

As a Pats fan, I super duper want Daniels but understand we will probably have to “settle” for Maye.

I think Maye will be very good but he is certainly less polished. Fortunately they did go out and get Brisset so Maye wouldn’t have to start day one.

If they draft McCarthy I’m destroying my tv. I actually do think he’s a good mid or late first round pick but at #3 fock that.

Now a trade down, I could accept that. Word is they want Minnys two firsts this year plus next year plus 2026. That’s probably too much to ask but I’d accept a little less, especially if they aren’t 100% sold on Maye (and assuming Daniels goes to WAS)

50 minutes ago, IGotWorms said:

As a Pats fan, I super duper want Daniels but understand we will probably have to “settle” for Maye.

I think Maye will be very good but he is certainly less polished. Fortunately they did go out and get Brisset so Maye wouldn’t have to start day one.

If they draft McCarthy I’m destroying my tv. I actually do think he’s a good mid or late first round pick but at #3 fock that.

Now a trade down, I could accept that. Word is they want Minnys two firsts this year plus next year plus 2026. That’s probably too much to ask but I’d accept a little less, especially if they aren’t 100% sold on Maye (and assuming Daniels goes to WAS)

Super duper? Not just super? Why the duper? 

17 hours ago, Maximum Overkill said:

Source: BREAKING NEWS #CTESPN The Patriots & Colts have been in talks of a trade for the Colts to move up to the #3 pick to select Marvin Harrison Jr.

13 hours ago, kilroy69 said:

WTF is CTESPN? There is literally no chatter about this that I can find.  This seems like a colts fan just wishing 

The posts on X look like a joke site to me. 

Presuming things stay to form and the top 3 are QBs, most people here want MH.  I'm in the minority of trying to trade down a few spots and get Nabors or Odunze.  I sorta lean Odunze, as he is bigger and more physical; I've heard comps to Larry Fitz because he is the best in the class at being thrown open and high-pointing the ball.  Nabors could be the next Tyreek but the Cards have flailed miserably with scat backs and need a big X receiver.

Which of course could be Harrison.  I'm trying to psych myself up that it is good if we take him.  If somehow he goes beforehand, they'll have leverage to trade for whichever of the 3 remaining QBs is there, I'd hope.

1 hour ago, Ron_Artest said:

guaranteed lock

I'll throw some shekels on it at that price.  If you are wrong, of course you will be dead to me.  :D

1 hour ago, edjr said:

Brett Hundley? :lol: 

BJ Coleman :lol: 

Matt Flynn :lol:

Nailed e,m!

Those were high picks.  Flynn signed to compete for Seahawks jobs making millions as a 7th rounder.  Not bad.  

8 minutes ago, jerryskids said:

The posts on X look like a joke site to me. 

Presuming things stay to form and the top 3 are QBs, most people here want MH.  I'm in the minority of trying to trade down a few spots and get Nabors or Odunze.  I sorta lean Odunze, as he is bigger and more physical; I've heard comps to Larry Fitz because he is the best in the class at being thrown open and high-pointing the ball.  Nabors could be the next Tyreek but the Cards have flailed miserably with scat backs and need a big X receiver.

Which of course could be Harrison.  I'm trying to psych myself up that it is good if we take him.  If somehow he goes beforehand, they'll have leverage to trade for whichever of the 3 remaining QBs is there, I'd hope.

Nabers is pretty well built.  He measured in a touch over 6 foot.  In todays NFL thats ok size.   Hes not too much smaller than Justin Jefferson.  Hes not that classic 6'3 215.  But you dont have to be today. 

7 minutes ago, listen2me 23 said:

Nabers is pretty well built.  He measured in a touch over 6 foot.  In todays NFL thats ok size.   Hes not too much smaller than Justin Jefferson.  Hes not that classic 6'3 215.  But you dont have to be today. 

Thanks.  I'd be OK with either and another first (plus maybe more) over a potentially slightly better receiver in Harrison.

I feel pretty good about our GM Monti Ossenfort; I thought he ran a good draft last year, his first.  And he certainly made deals, trading up then back down in the first IIRC.  If he decides to stand pat and take Harrison, then they must have a really good feeling about him.

8 hours ago, listen2me 23 said:

Ever seen Dejeans HS highlights?  Just an arm on him as QB.  Just dunking over and over in basketball.  Hell of an athlete.  

Packers can go endless directions tonight.  Dejean would be fun.  I think he can play CB but I like him in that roamer role as a hybrid slot/safety.  He has pretty elite play making ability.  

Stay away from him.  I'll be pissed if he goes to the Packers.

58 minutes ago, Gutterboys Flip Flops said:

Also like the Edex

Yup. 

13 minutes ago, Hawkeye21 said:

Stay away from him.  I'll be pissed if he goes to the Packers.

Haha.  He seems to be popular amongst picks for Packers.  That means he will not end up there.  

18 minutes ago, jerryskids said:

Thanks.  I'd be OK with either and another first (plus maybe more) over a potentially slightly better receiver in Harrison.

I feel pretty good about our GM Monti Ossenfort; I thought he ran a good draft last year, his first.  And he certainly made deals, trading up then back down in the first IIRC.  If he decides to stand pat and take Harrison, then they must have a really good feeling about him.

Yeah I dont think you can really miss on any of the top 3 WRs.  I know that doesnt always work out but thats rare to say.  Its a good class but the top 3 just seem really safe to be at least good.   

Harrison for his pedigree.  Nabers for his elite abilities.  Odunze for just being a now real flaw WR who seems like a really good dude who works hard.  They all have a nice skillset for different reasons.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Super duper? Not just super? Why the duper? 

Great contribution to the thread as always :thumbsup:

What the Bills do is interesting .  They need a WR.  They also have a semi depleted roster with turnover due to age.    They dont have a ton of draft capital this season.   

Its anywhere from sending thr farm up to 9-12 for Odunze, trading up a bit for Thomas, sitting taking one at 28, or even trading back.   But with a very early pick is WR.  Its WR with thr first pick in all likelihood.  

I dont like trading what they would have to trade to move up to 10ish for a WR.   Some people do. 

It will be interesting to see who they potentially pass on and who KC potentially picks a few later.  That will be a narrative in Buffalo if it were to not end up well.  

I think Drake Maye must’ve focked Merill Hoge’s mom or something.  A month ago Hoge was out here calling Maye a loser and now he’s back at it again today.  Wtf dude?  Why is he obsessed with trashing Maye?  He’s going out of his way to dis the kid.

3 hours ago, IGotWorms said:

“settle” for Maye.

Not going to be shocked if they trade out 

1 hour ago, listen2me 23 said:

Haha.  He seems to be popular amongst picks for Packers.  That means he will not end up there.  

The Packers have always liked Iowa players and I hate it.  Same with the Lions and Vikings.  Ugh

1 hour ago, IGotWorms said:

Great contribution to the thread as always :thumbsup:

Super! Fagget

18 minutes ago, Maximum Overkill said:

Not going to be shocked if they trade out 

I won’t either but I hope it’s for a very good haul.

Would take minnys two firsts this year, first next year and second in 2026.

Think minny would do it?

5 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Super! Fagget

Another one. You’re on a roll, bud! :overhead:

47 minutes ago, MLCKAA said:

I think Drake Maye must’ve focked Merill Hoge’s mom or something.  A month ago Hoge was out here calling Maye a loser and now he’s back at it again today.  Wtf dude?  Why is he obsessed with trashing Maye?  He’s going out of his way to dis the kid.

I take it as he’s just desperately trying to make himself relevant.

The one thing you could point to with Maye where people could look back and say told ya so is his hand size. Yeah burrows was small too but I believe Maye is even a little smaller.

I mean of course there’s also footwork and such, but that’s as much on coaching as anything else.

15 minutes ago, IGotWorms said:

Think minny would do it?

I'm on the fence as well. I'd assume Minnesota traded back into the first to move up for a QB but now I'm not so sure. 

NE could really throw a monkey wrench in the draft either way. 

50 minutes ago, IGotWorms said:

Think minny would do it?

No F'n way they'll pay that much IMO. Scuttlebutt is that they like McCarthy and Maye both, and also Nix, possibly Penix. My personal preference is that they trade Justin Jefferson (I know, wont happen) to NE or AZ for pick 3 or 4 and other considerations. Take the available QB you like most and build up both lines and the secondary with their remaining choices.

Ive heard some of the teams that are said to be in the running for JJ really arent

52 minutes ago, IGotWorms said:

I take it as he’s just desperately trying to make himself relevant.

The one thing you could point to with Maye where people could look back and say told ya so is his hand size. Yeah burrows was small too but I believe Maye is even a little smaller.

I mean of course there’s also footwork and such, but that’s as much on coaching as anything else.

I expect Maye to have a fantastic career.

53 minutes ago, IGotWorms said:

The one thing you could point to with Maye where people could look back and say told ya so is his hand size.

Ahh just get him some gloves and worked out for Kenny Pickett:wall:

Just now, listen2me 23 said:

Ive heard some of the teams that are said to be in the tunning for JJ really arent

It’s the home stretch of silly season. No one knows much past the first two picks. Williams to Chicago and as Ron/ Gutterboy has informed us Maye to Washington (lock, inside info). After those two it’s all wait and see for the most part. 

Giants could do a few things.  If they go Nabers at 6 I cant fault them.  That guy is dynamic and brings an element you need in todays NFL.  Everyone knows about his speed and run after catch.  But his body control and going up to snag back shoulders and deep balls is impressive as hell.  And hes a dog.  

46 minutes ago, Fnord said:

No F'n way they'll pay that much

That's what SF paid up for Lance. Almost an identical situation. 

I definitely wouldn't but I wouldn't be surprised if it happened. 

First openly tranny player goes 1 overall - beautiful. 😞 

• Haha 1

How does peefoam feel that his new QB is part of the lgbtq community?

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, Ron_Artest said:

Commanders are taking Drake Maye, yes.

🤡🤣💯

• Thanks 1

Everyone chasing the Chiefs picking qbs

So the Bears took Caleb Williams, over/under on how long he lasts in the league, 3.5 years.

Maye looks like a cocky Fock. Don’t like him already. 

9 minutes ago, cmh6476 said:

Everyone chasing the Chiefs picking qbs

KC’s innovative “draft a QB high” strategy catching on.

8 minutes ago, IGotWorms said:

Excited for the Maye era!

He looks like Zach Wilson’s ugly younger brother. 

Harrison to the Cards, so far on script.  If the Chargers draft Alt I more than recoup the money I lost listening to Gutter