The Real timschochet

“I Can’t Breathe” Yet another black man dies at the hands of police

7 minutes ago, TimHauck said:

Yeah, thanks for admitting race is a factor. If you don’t want to call it racism, at least admit it’s white privilege

Asian privilege 

34 minutes ago, Patented Phil said:

The convicted felon / cop killer was black.

The four dead cops were all white.

Strange.

For the purposes of this exercise, let’s pretend the killers were MAGA hat wearing white men. It would be much more tragic I guess. I remember when libtards were all about respecting and honoring the police. Well, the Capitol police. 

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Strike said:

You're wrong (as usual):

1)  Your suggesting is that EVERY cop treats EVERY black person different than EVERY white person.  That's laughable on it's face.  We ALL acknowledge there are some bad cops and they shouldn't be cops.  They should be removed and/or prosecuted as soon as we realize that.  But it's case by case.  Rarely there might be a police department that creates a culture of lawlessness, much like Biden and the border right now.  That starts from the top and again, should be fixed as soon as it is found out.   You know how we know this stance is BS?  Because when a black cop does something you people think is inappropriate to a black suspect your attitude is that it's still racist.

2)  I was treated like crap on numerous occasions in my youth by cops. I've posted stories in other threads here.  I'm not black.  But even knowing I was being unjustly treated by cops I ALWAYS complied with them.  And somehow I made it through alive.  Spent some time in jail when I shouldn't have and I am still a little bitter about that but that was a "few" years ago (like 30).  For the most part I've gotten over it and moved on with life. 

As usual you completely misrepresent what I wrote. I never wrote every cop, I wrote that it’s true as a general rule, meaning it’s a pattern, meaning that the racism is SYSTEMIC. That’s the part you won’t accept. 

But that’s OK. I remain an optimist. One of the great things about society is that we move forward. This is where I disagree with leftists: I think we’re getting better as a society on this issue just as we are on most every issue. But electing a President who pledges to give police immunity for bad behavior would be moving backwards. 

• Haha 1

25 minutes ago, The Real timschochet said:

As usual you completely misrepresent what I wrote. I never wrote every cop, I wrote that it’s true as a general rule, meaning it’s a pattern, meaning that the racism is SYSTEMIC. That’s the part you won’t accept. 

But that’s OK. I remain an optimist. One of the great things about society is that we move forward. This is where I disagree with leftists: I think we’re getting better as a society on this issue just as we are on most every issue. But electing a President who pledges to give police immunity for bad behavior would be moving backwards. 

Who said cops should get immunity for “bad behavior? “. Do you mean crimes? 

1 hour ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Who said cops should get immunity for “bad behavior? “. Do you mean crimes? 

I was going to post one of about a dozen links but you know what? Screw it. Do your own focking homework. 

21 minutes ago, The Real timschochet said:

I was going to post one of about a dozen links but you know what? Screw it. Do your own focking homework. 

I know all about it. Cops do not get immunity from committing crimes, and no one has said they should. You’re lying. And it’s a really stupid lie. 

24 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

I know all about it. Cops do not get immunity from committing crimes, and no one has said they should. You’re lying. And it’s a really stupid lie. 

He’s an insufferable ass.  Really wish he’d just disappear.  His ideology is so focking toxic.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, The Real timschochet said:

As usual you completely misrepresent what I wrote. I never wrote every cop, I wrote that it’s true as a general rule, meaning it’s a pattern, meaning that the racism is SYSTEMIC. That’s the part you won’t 

Black people commit more violence & murder in this country than any other race, despite making up a small portion of our population......THAT IS WHAT SYSTEMIC looks like.

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, Patented Phil said:

He’s an insufferable ass.  Really wish he’d just disappear.  His ideology is so focking toxic.

Real Tim actually thinks qualified immunity means that cops are immune from prosecution for committing crimes. He actually walks around saying this, despite the numerous instances of cops going to prison. He is willfully ignorant because it makes him feel good. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Real Tim actually thinks qualified immunity means that cops are immune from prosecution for committing crimes. He actually walks around saying this, despite the numerous instances of cops going to prison. He is willfully ignorant because it makes him feel good. 

Derek Chauvin be like "Where's my immunity?"

13 minutes ago, Strike said:

Derek Chauvin be like "Where's my immunity?"

They won’t even attempt to try to understand what the qualified part is about. Tim, like idiot kids in high school and college, only heard the immunity part.  And that was done on purpose for political purposes but Tim just can’t see it. Like most progressive democrats, he likes being deceived and lied to. It makes him feel good. 

7 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

They won’t even attempt to try to understand what the qualified part is about. Tim, like idiot kids in high school and college, only heard the immunity part.  And that was done on purpose for political purposes but Tim just can’t see it. Like most progressive democrats, he likes being deceived and lied to. It makes him feel good. 

He’s just not very smart.  It’s as simple as that.

3 minutes ago, Patented Phil said:

He’s just not very smart.  It’s as simple as that.

Lol I’m about twice as smart as anyone here arguing with me. I listen to Trump. He doesn’t want to give “qualified” immunity whatever that means; he wants to give immunity period. He wants cops to rough people up. Yes he would pardon Chauvin if he could and any other bad cop. That is because Trump wants an authoritarian dictatorship, and many of his followers want one to. 

Do you know why you regard me as an insufferable ass? Because I’m telling you truths you don’t want to hear. You would rather stick your head in the sand and deny reality. Thats OK. My hope is that I never have to prove to you how right I was because hopefully Trump will get his butt kicked in November and then you guys can go back to whining about how terrible the liberals in charge are. And sometimes you’ll be right about that because sometimes they ARE terrible. Sometimes we need to have a decent, thoughtful conservative in charge to reverse track.  Maybe you guys can come up with one next time around. 

• Haha 7

So Trump is going to make it that cops will not be prosecuted when they commit crimes? Is that right Tim? 

16 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

So Trump is going to make it that cops will not be prosecuted when they commit crimes? Is that right Tim? 

Well no. If they threaten white fascist types (like the proud boys or Kyle Rittenhouse, somebody like that) I suppose they could still be in trouble. But black protestors? Student protestors? Anyone who looks Arab? Any Latino who can’t pull out citizenship papers quickly enough? Under a new Trump term it will be open season. 

• Haha 5

38 minutes ago, The Real timschochet said:

Lol I’m about twice as smart as anyone here arguing with me. I listen to Trump. He doesn’t want to give “qualified” immunity whatever that means; he wants to give immunity period. He wants cops to rough people up. Yes he would pardon Chauvin if he could and any other bad cop. That is because Trump wants an authoritarian dictatorship, and many of his followers want one to. 

Do you know why you regard me as an insufferable ass? Because I’m telling you truths you don’t want to hear. You would rather stick your head in the sand and deny reality. Thats OK. My hope is that I never have to prove to you how right I was because hopefully Trump will get his butt kicked in November and then you guys can go back to whining about how terrible the liberals in charge are. And sometimes you’ll be right about that because sometimes they ARE terrible. Sometimes we need to have a decent, thoughtful conservative in charge to reverse track.  Maybe you guys can come up with one next time around. 

Until you learn to prioritize....or maybe just learn what it means....you will continue to be an insufferable ass.

5 hours ago, Fireballer said:

I don’t doubt that something happened, and you witnessed it,  but there’s still details left out.  First, if there was a crime committed in the area, a detention was reasonable.  What’s the CA state law on time for detention during an investigation?  If a black man was described as the perp, is it racist to detain a black man?

I don’t have the answers here for you. But it sure seems to me that you’re basically digging for details that will somehow refute the narrative that there is systemic racism among police who encounter black people on a regular basis. I can’t help you with that. 

i related that story as honestly as i can remember it. At first i wrote that it happened a few years ago but the more I thought about it, it was actually 20 years ago. Seems like yesterday. For that inaccuracy I was attacked as a liar. Another guy accused me of fabricating the whole thing. Oh well. Social scientists have a name for this: the will not to believe. 

1 minute ago, Nomad99 said:

Until you learn to prioritize....or maybe just learn what it means....you will continue to be an insufferable ass.

I know exactly what it means. What greater priority is there than preserving our free republic? Trump means to destroy it, Biden means to preserve it. Shouldn’t that be #1 for everyone? Or is it only a priority for insufferable asses like me? 

8 minutes ago, The Real timschochet said:

I know exactly what it means. What greater priority is there than preserving our free republic? Trump means to destroy it, Biden means to preserve it. Shouldn’t that be #1 for everyone? Or is it only a priority for insufferable asses like me? 

The only thing "FREE" about this republic currently is what's given to the tidal wave of illegal immigrants pouring over our borders every day. You minimize the reality of anything on your agenda & maximize the exaggeration of anything opposed to you thinking. Anytime that's pointed out, you drop a smoke grenade, sneak out the other side & pick up where you left off.

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, The Real timschochet said:

Well no. If they threaten white fascist types (like the proud boys or Kyle Rittenhouse, somebody like that) I suppose they could still be in trouble. But black protestors? Student protestors? Anyone who looks Arab? Any Latino who can’t pull out citizenship papers quickly enough? Under a new Trump term it will be open season. 

From your lips to gods ears. Too bad it’s just your fantasy. 

• Haha 1

25 minutes ago, Nomad99 said:

The only thing "FREE" about this republic currently is what's given to the tidal wave of illegal immigrants pouring over our borders every day. You minimize the reality of anything on your agenda & maximize the exaggeration of anything opposed to you thinking. Anytime that's pointed out, you drop a smoke grenade, sneak out the other side & pick up where you left off.

Come on now. Your first sentence is a total exaggeration and smoke grenade, and then you accuse me of it?? Look in the mirror 

1 hour ago, The Real timschochet said:

No Timmay, you are not.

• Like 4

35 minutes ago, The Real timschochet said:

Come on now. Your first sentence is a total exaggeration and smoke grenade, and then you accuse me of it?? Look in the mirror 

My first sentence is right on target.....unless you are inferring that I didn't mention free tuition forgiveness.....

As far as the rest? No smoke in my game....I engage head on....and know how to prioritize....like I mentioned earlier. I can look at the arguments of other's.....like yours....and agree for instance the issues of police interactions with blacks. I can prioritize the importance of where that lays vs the out of control violence perpetrated by a small percentage of our population. I can look at statistics & see how many unarmed blacks are assaulted & killed by police per anum vs how many blacks are assaulted & murdered by blacks per anum. I can also leave out the number of white victims so as to try to dumb the numbers down. You on the other hand are incapable of that to a major degree. You will, as stated, hide in your own smoke screen and emerge elsewhere to pick up where you left off. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, The Real timschochet said:

I don’t have the answers here for you. But it sure seems to me that you’re basically digging for details that will somehow refute the narrative that there is systemic racism among police who encounter black people on a regular basis. I can’t help you with that. 

i related that story as honestly as i can remember it. At first i wrote that it happened a few years ago but the more I thought about it, it was actually 20 years ago. Seems like yesterday. For that inaccuracy I was attacked as a liar. Another guy accused me of fabricating the whole thing. Oh well. Social scientists have a name for this: the will not to believe. 

When nuance appears, Tim runs for cover.  Police encounters are completely about nuance.  Small details about what is said or what is known, makes a world of difference. Because of your ignorance, situations appear scary or unfair  to you. You’re one of those guys that looks at a situation and says “that just doesn’t feel right”. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, RaiderHaters Revenge said:

Asian privilege 

They’re the group that actually had an argument they were being discriminated against with affirmative action in college admissions 

5 hours ago, The Real timschochet said:

Lol I’m about twice as sensitive to estrogen spikes as anyone here arguing with me. 

You will get no argument from the GC on this

2 hours ago, Fireballer said:

When nuance appears, Tim runs for cover.  Police encounters are completely about nuance.  Small details about what is said or what is known, makes a world of difference. Because of your ignorance, situations appear scary or unfair  to you. You’re one of those guys that looks at a situation and says “that just doesn’t feel right”. 

This accusation seems so ironic to me. On just about every issue that I debate with conservatives, including this one, I am always on the side of nuance. It is conservatives, including most of those in this forum, who prefer to see the world in black and white terms. 
And as I wrote, that includes this issue. Other than your last post I challenge you to find anyone that has disagreed with me in this thread who has relied on any nuance whatsoever. 99% of the posts here back the police regardless of the details. 

22 minutes ago, The Real timschochet said:

This accusation seems so ironic to me. On just about every issue that I debate with conservatives, including this one, I am always on the side of nuance. It is conservatives, including most of those in this forum, who prefer to see the world in black and white terms. 
And as I wrote, that includes this issue. Other than your last post I challenge you to find anyone that has disagreed with me in this thread who has relied on any nuance whatsoever. 99% of the posts here back the police regardless of the details. 

Since 99% of police encounters are completely fine, literally everyone should be backing the police 99% of the time.  

3 hours ago, Fireballer said:

Give him time. He will make up another lie to try to bolster his argument.   

42 minutes ago, The Real timschochet said:

And as I wrote, that includes this issue. Other than your last post I challenge you to find anyone that has disagreed with me in this thread who has relied on any nuance whatsoever. 99% of the posts here back the police regardless of the details

1)  To the the extent that some of us "back" the police, it's because the data is on our side.  Any objective view of the data shows that the percentage of public/police interactions the outcome is reasonable and fair.  In almost all problematic interactions the person the police are interacting with didn't act appropriately, escalating the situation. 

2)  I have NEVER blindly backed the police.  I hate dealing with them, don't trust them, and think they do some shady sh*t.  And I can say that from personal experience.  I suspect the closest thing you have to personal experience is your imaginary black friend who got harassed by the popo.  That being said, when I interact with them I am almost always polite and do my best to make them feel at ease.  They have one of the most dangerous and difficult jobs on the planet.  I want them to be comfortable dealing with me.  If they are comfortable dealing with me I believe I am going to leave that interaction safe myself.  Nothing I do in my initial interaction with the cop is going to stop him from acting shady.  But my recourse is later, not during the interaction itself.

People like you look at a minimal percentage of interactions that have gone bad and extrapolate that to an entire profession and how they deal with one specific race, ignoring the data about similar interactions with other races, to fuel your preconceived notion of "cops are racisssssst!!!"  There's no nuance in that.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Strike said:

1)  To the the extent that some of us "back" the police, it's because the data is on our side.  Any objective view of the data shows that the percentage of public/police interactions the outcome is reasonable and fair.  In almost all problematic interactions the person the police are interacting with didn't act appropriately, escalating the situation. 

2)  I have NEVER blindly backed the police.  I hate dealing with them, don't trust them, and think they do some shady sh*t.  And I can say that from personal experience.  I suspect the closest thing you have to personal experience is your imaginary black friend who got harassed by the popo.  That being said, when I interact with them I am almost always polite and do my best to make them feel at ease.  They have one of the most dangerous and difficult jobs on the planet.  I want them to be comfortable dealing with me.  If they are comfortable dealing with me I believe I am going to leave that interaction safe myself.  Nothing I do in my initial interaction with the cop is going to stop him from acting shady.  But my recourse is later, not during the interaction itself.

People like you look at a minimal percentage of interactions that have gone bad and extrapolate that to an entire profession and how they deal with one specific race, ignoring the data about similar interactions with other races, to fuel your preconceived notion of "cops are racisssssst!!!"  There's no nuance in that.

This is such common sense.  I have no idea why people can't follow this.  This is what i do too.

7 hours ago, The Real timschochet said:

Dunning Kruger effect

1 hour ago, The Real timschochet said:

Nice. 

I’ve made numerous post critical of your beliefs.  Honestly, thanks for not losing your sense of humor

12 hours ago, Patented Phil said:

Last night in North Carolina - 8 cops shot, 4 killed, 1 more on life support - while serving a warrant.  Congrats Libtards.

In a neighborhood where the homes sell for around $400k.

20 minutes ago, TimHauck said:

In a neighborhood where the homes sell for around $400k.

Made your day didn’t it?  Did you call your friends about it?  4 cops bagged - white ones too!

10 hours ago, Patented Phil said:

Made your day didn’t it?  Did you call your friends about it?  4 cops bagged - white ones too!

Of course not.  Just pointing out that this didn’t occur in a crime-filled ghetto.  Although not necessarily the best area, maybe more evidence for @edjr that house prices need to come down.

Whatever happened to Pelosi's ghey lover? Funny how that story just went away.