Sign in to follow this  
GutterBoy

Harrison Butker, geek club hero

3 minutes ago, TimHauck said:

1.  I would bet “discussions” of marriage are absolutely more often “initiated” by women.  This of course does not contradict anything I said earlier.  I do think it is human nature for women to want to get married and have families.  I just don’t necessarily think it’s human nature for women to want their primary occupation to be a homemaker.

2.  I agree with that on “families,” AKA children.   But IMO the biggest financial reason to delay marriage is the cost of engagement rings and the wedding itself, not the cost of being married.  If anything being married saves money by being able to get on the health insurance plan of who’s ever coverage is better (and I know people that rushed into marriage due to health insurance).

The biggest cost to marriage is the woman. 🙂

And that's a cost that doesn't end on the wedding day. 🙂

I kid, I kid.  

26 minutes ago, BeachGuy23 said:

Women are choosing college and career and no religion.  They likewise are largely attracted to men who choose the same.  

I don’t think this point can be overlooked. With a less religious society, the view of the union of marriage itself it viewed differently.  

2 minutes ago, RLLD said:

I think she was correctly observed as an important feminist of her time, and I am disinclined to be distracted by the attempt to impugn her in this way. 

I disagree with her on a number of topics, but I will happily debate those positions....rather than resort to the personal takedown to refute her.

I’m not familiar with her work.  Can you summarize it?

He also lied and said that congress passed a bill that states that if you say jews killed Jesus you could go to jail.  Absolutely false.

This dude is a clown.

Just now, GutterBoy said:

He also lied and said that congress passed a bill that states that if you say jews killed Jesus you could go to jail.  Absolutely false.

This dude is a clown.

I saw something about him saying “remember who killed Jesus” but couldn’t find the quote 

33 minutes ago, BeachGuy23 said:

Let's see, I don't have as$ rot, fitness is important so I frequent fitness boards, that's healthy boyo.  And everyone hates me here because I tell you cultist morons how much you suck and how stupid and cucked you are.

And unlike most of you cultist here, my IRL determines if I'm having a good life, not some likes from some uneducated, sky fairy believing, orange moron worshipping, closeted gay boi.

Feel me gay boi?

LOL liar

29 minutes ago, TimHauck said:

I’m not familiar with her work.  Can you summarize it?

Her education was focused in mathematics and later studied philosophy at the Sorbonne and wrote her MA thesis on Leibniz. Shew was at times a writer and a teacher, though her teaching career was short-lived due to being accused of corrupting kids by exposing them to feminism. She wrote multiple books but is perhaps best know for The Second Sex, published in 1949.

Her early positions were that freeing women would also free men, and that through feminism we could unlock the societal confinements of roles etc.  In her mind the world order existed because it was planned, structured and executed to the benefit of men and detriment of women.

Her early positions assumed that disparity was a creation of men who structured the world to benefit them. Later she evolved her position a bit, suggesting that women were experiencing these "disparities" in society in large part from socialization within the family and society, so they would have to be compelled to break free and enjoy society in the same way as men.

Ultimately she was mostly correct, but she presumed society was driving it....when in reality people drive society and the structure of society is based on simple human essence, not mystical man-made barriers.

5 pages in 24 hours, Harrison tilted the lefties, great work

1 hour ago, EternalShinyAndChrome said:

This is FACT.  Not even debatable.

I'm guessing GutterDouche was an abortion attempt gone wrong.

Probably just a w hore

32 minutes ago, GutterBoy said:

This dude is a clown.

I know you're tilted but can you get back on topic?

2 hours ago, GutterBoy said:

So you agree it's wrong to tell women what they want?  So do I.

Again, what is wrong with letting a woman choose her path in life?

Your wife told you what she wanted. You nodded your head. Cuck- a- doodle - do! 

1 minute ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

What should I have done?  Told her she has to work?  I make enough money to support both of us and we both felt it was best to have her raise the kids instead of some strangers in day care.  That's being a cuck?

3 minutes ago, GutterBoy said:

What should I have done?  Told her she has to work?  I make enough money to support both of us and we both felt it was best to have her raise the kids instead of some strangers in day care.  That's being a cuck?

Discuss these things before marriage like an adult. What if you wanted to stay home? 

7 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Shame you can't provide for your family so your wife is forced to work full time.

Quite the "man" you are.

On this cesspool 24 x 7, career as a zero skill required cop where you were below average, and can't even make enough to support your family.

LMFAO

Just now, Hardcore troubadour said:

Discuss these things before marriage like an adult. What if you wanted to stay home? 

We did discuss this before marriage and we both agreed that it made the most sense to have her stay home.  Whats the matter with you?

Why would anyone have a problem with having their Wife stay home if that's what she wants and you can afford it? 

Some Wives want to be homemakers and others want a career, whatever the pssssy wants, the pssssy gets. All men know that. 

39 minutes ago, Maximum Overkill said:

Why would anyone have a problem with having their Wife stay home if that's what she wants and you can afford it? 

Some Wives want to be homemakers and others want a career, whatever the pssssy wants, the pssssy gets. All men know that. 

Harrison Butker apparently doesn’t know that.  He thinks all women should want to get in the kitchen and accept Jesus as their savior.

I'm late to this topic so here goes:

I agree with MDC, Gutter, and others that a college commencement is neither the time nor place for these types of comments.

I agree with Gutter that the optimum situation is for women to have the choice to work or not.  But...

... I agree with RLLD about the feminism side discussion.  My wife is an engineer; we met at our first job out of college.  When we had kids my career was in a position where she could first work part time, then stay at home for years.  She received a LOT of negative feedback from some women -- female engineers were somewhat unicorns back in the 90s, and there was a lot of feminism pressure for her to stay at work.  Interestingly, several of the most successful female engineers/managers made the same choice.  We always believed that they, like my wife, wanted to excel at one job vs. be mediocre at two.  Of course, situations vary, white privilege, class privilege, yada yada yada.

I am not surprised that the pseud BeachGuy disparages people who believe in God.  He can't get a CPA, but he knows the answers to deep metaphysical questions.

The next time BeachGuy posts a fact will be the first.

There may be more...

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

This was a great PR move by Benedictine College.  I had never heard of the place before today.  I’m sure they’ll be seeing an uptick in applications from the kids of sexist homophobes that think their kids will get brainwashed at other colleges

What are the chances Harrison Butker and his wife he met in middle school never had pre marital sex?

Weak men and mouthy women with issues. I don’t see much of a difference . 

Yall still taking about this?

Also the organization I work for has a partnership with Benedictine, which is located about 30 miles from where I live. 

9 minutes ago, cmh6476 said:

His commencement address was only last Saturday, so it is still a timely discussion. 

24 minutes ago, cmh6476 said:

You don’t think it’s notable that a Super Bowl winning player is disparaging gays and telling all women to get in the kitchen?

3 hours ago, GutterBoy said:

This dude is a clown.

You're way too into this Gutterboy, who gives a crap what he thinks, he's a Kicker. 

I'm not sure why you care what someone thinks. He's not a Pedophile like Biden. 

1 minute ago, TimHauck said:

disparaging gays

You disparage Conservatives for their thoughts. What makes you so special? Stop hypocriting. 

This appears to be his entire speech, if interested

3 minutes ago, TimHauck said:

You don’t think it’s notable that a Super Bowl winning player is disparaging gays and telling all women to get in the kitchen?

I haven't been paying as much attention as everyone else.   I watch the Chiefs because of the sport.   I'm not as interested in the beliefs or opinions of most, if not any of the players. 

:dunno:

5 minutes ago, Maximum Overkill said:

You're way too into this Gutterboy, who gives a crap what he thinks, he's a Kicker. 

I'm not sure why you care what someone thinks. He's not a Pedophile like Biden. 

Well he’s a devout Catholic, so I wouldn’t rule it out

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Maximum Overkill said:

You disparage Conservatives for their thoughts. What makes you so special? Stop hypocriting. 

I’m not special, I never won a Super Bowl

Just now, TimHauck said:

He's nobody, he's allowed to have views and you're allowed to as well. 

Stop being a pussss. 

24 minutes ago, TimHauck said:

Oh you're definitely special, metal helmet man

• Haha 1

26 minutes ago, Maximum Overkill said:

He's nobody, he's allowed to have views and you're allowed to as well. 

Stop being a pussss. 

He’s allowed to have views and we’re allowed to ridicule them

So you don’t care what Colin Kaepernick, Megan Rapinoe, or LeBron James say?