Sign in to follow this  
track 1

what happened with Vereen?

Happy as a Ridley owner that has wanted to just drop him...now I can probably get something of value for him.

You better get something for Ridley this week. I was interested in trading for Verren after he got a majority of goal line looks last week. This week seemed to be a good match up. Instead, it was Ridley being fed the ball and a few snaps for Bolden. It was shocking to see how little playing time he received.

I've been wrong on a few predictions this year, but I was right about Shane Vereen.... supporters "projected" his early '13 stats into a full season, meaning PPR MONSTER!

That's not how New England operates. There hasn't been a reliable fantasy RB in New England since Correy Dillon. Yet, Vereen's ADP was 2nd/3rd round. :dunno:

That's not how New England operates. There hasn't been a reliable fantasy RB in New England since Correy Dillon.

Ridley in 2012. I don't expect him to match those numbers but he could end up being pretty good value for his 8th round or so ADP.

I've been wrong on a few predictions this year, but I was right about Shane Vereen.... supporters "projected" his early '13 stats into a full season, meaning PPR MONSTER!

That's not how New England operates. There hasn't been a reliable fantasy RB in New England since Correy Dillon. Yet, Vereen's ADP was 2nd/3rd round. :dunno:

Really bad analysis - one game only. I'll take the overall sampling of the last 10 games as a better barometer. Nice try though.

thats right bill belly at it again. you can never trust a patriots, saints running back no matter what

Oh my soul wake up . It's the same every season .

Pats wanted to assert the running game after getting pushed around by Miami last weekend...that meant a lot more of Stevan Ridley.

And this is why Vereen is a great flex option but no more. He'll have huge weeks that can make the difference for you but he'll also put up some stinkers where he's just not a part of the Pats' game plan.

This surprises you? New England changing guys like underwear for no apparent reason? Hello, McFly.

if the game was more competitive I think they would have used Vereen more. why throw passes to your rb and show off those plays when the game was a laugh-er

• Like 1

if the game was more competitive I think they would have used Vereen more. why throw passes to your rb and show off those plays when the game was a laugh-er

:thumbsup:

NE's offense didn't have to do much in that game... really, it was a "just don't screw up and chew some clock" approach. So pounding the ball with Ridley was working better (and thankfully, Ridley held onto the ball).

Vereen's production will be sporadic. He's explosive and talented but does not have an every-down-role in NE. Behind Edelman, and until Gronk is healthy, Vereen is one of the better weapons Brady has... but it will only show if they need to put up points and play less conservatively.

Gone are the days NE still put up points even when up a million score.

I miss it.

It was an unbelievable time for NE fans - now, more than ever, I can't imagine a team being able to do that... "run up the score" in the NFL... crazy stuff.

Really bad analysis - one game only. I'll take the overall sampling of the last 10 games as a better barometer. Nice try though.

Let's bump this thread in 14 weeks and see what you think of your 2nd/3rd round pick then... good luck.

:thumbsup:

NE's offense didn't have to do much in that game... really, it was a "just don't screw up and chew some clock" approach. So pounding the ball with Ridley was working better (and thankfully, Ridley held onto the ball).

Vereen's production will be sporadic. He's explosive and talented but does not have an every-down-role in NE. Behind Edelman, and until Gronk is healthy, Vereen is one of the better weapons Brady has... but it will only show if they need to put up points and play less conservatively.

Nice insight Ryan.

Again, this is nothing new. IMO, Vereen's a good stash but can't be counted on as a weekly RB2 ROS. Obviously,one Ridley fumble can change this; but as witnessed yesterday, Bolden is in the mix as well. ..along w/ unleashing Dobson & Thomkins soon. I still like Vereen as a nice flex option on the roster.

I miss it.

It was an unbelievable time for NE fans - now, more than ever, I can't imagine a team being able to do that... "run up the score" in the NFL... crazy stuff.

Didn't net a Super Bowl win though :cry:

Let's bump this thread in 14 weeks and see what you think of your 2nd/3rd round pick then... good luck.

Thanks - actually got Vereen in the fourth (16 team league) - he's my flex, but will look at end of season to see if the 53rd overall pick was worth it.

4th round with 16 teams? That's fair value.

Going in, Vareen was ranked 14th among RBs per FF Calculator and 30th overall making him a mid-3rd rounder in 12 team leagues.

I think there's no way he finishes 14th or better among RB's this year.

I think Vereen is someone that's actually more effective against good teams and good defenses. When the Pats are up, they are more likely to ground and pound with Ridley. I personally wouldn't play Vereen against the Raiders for this reason.