Sign in to follow this  
RedzoneMonster

Andre Johnson

What do you think of Johnson this year with Fitzpatrick at QB? He's been too in insistent for me the past few years and I can't decide if it's been him declining or his QB play. I'm thinking he may be a good value at his late 4th rd adp. Fitz may not be great but I think he'll be able to get AJ the ball better than any of the QBs they've started the past 2 years.

- over the past 2 seasons he's averaged 110/1500/5 :dunno:

can't speak for the upcoming season, but if the past few seasons were 'inconsistent' ... then gimme some of that :music_guitarred:

ps- he's never been a big TD guy ... so, there ya go.

I think he should be fine , if he wants to play .

The main knock on him is the lack of tds but I have a feeling this is about to change. I firmly believe the TD issue was a Schaub and coaching problem. Anyone who actually watches football can tell you that Schaub seriously just didn't throw to AJ in the red zone. Blame the coaches or Schaub but there was zero fault of AJ for that, the dude gets open and is a beast. What happened as soon as Schaub got replaced by that bum keenum? He threw to AJ and he started racking up scores.

Andre Johnson is just an older Calvin, always has been. Schaub was a good qb for a stretch but even then he just didn't throw to AJ in the red zone, it's inexplicable.Fitzpatrick is smart enough to know where his money guys are. I feel he is going to get the ball to AJ wich, like Calvin, is a no brainer and an easy thing to do. The dude is beastly and has not fallen off. We could see one of his best seasons this year even at his age. That's my theory and I'm sticking to it. If he is motivated and wants to play, he's a top 7 wr with top 4 upside.

AJs old azz is gonna crap all over you haters.

- over the past 2 seasons he's averaged 110/1500/5 :dunno:

can't speak for the upcoming season, but if the past few seasons were 'inconsistent' ... then gimme some of that :music_guitarred:

ps- he's never been a big TD guy ... so, there ya go.

:thumbsup:

My biggest complaint on AJ allot of his big stats come from just a few games - and how can a person that big be so allergic to the endzone

I'm telling you guys, it's schaubs fault. AJ will put it together as long as anyone else is the qb, even if they are not as good a qb as Schaub. I know that's a weird thing to say but it makes sense in my head.

Schaub deserves blame

My concern: Fitz is not a big upgrade and there are reports Johnson wants out

He looked fine in the 3rd preseason game and Fitzpatrick looked decent as well-- i was able to grab him in the 6th round though- major slide

Schaub deserves blame

My concern: Fitz is not a big upgrade and there are reports Johnson wants out

Keep in mind the one thing that Fitz DOES do well.... He locks on to his top target and will throw him the ball come hell or high water. Triple covered, no problem. If Andre is covered by all 11 men, Fitz is still going to try and force the ball in there. It's what he does and who he is. For the team, this sucks. For Andre owners, it's HUGE. Schaub is done and probably was nearly two seasons ago. Fitz will make Andre a PPR stud in 2014.

I've been targeting two stud RB's early and taking Andre/Roddy when I can later. These two "old" guys are in for fantastic seasons.

• Like 1

AJ is fine. He'll produce as always. His game to game inconsistency does suck. In a four game stretch last year he had 36, 121, 154, 18. I would rather have 80-80-80-80. You can't depend on him like you can other WR's of his caliber. Hopefully in O'Brien's system he'll be more consistant. He's still hard to pass up on after the third round!

I dunno; I find it hard to knock the guy for yardage consistency when he's putting up 1500 yards a season. I think it's more that he hasn't scored much during that stretch. A guy who gets even 8 TDs in a year has a much better shot of giving you 3/40/1 once or twice. TDs mitigate some yardage fluctuations.

I was down on AJ earlier this summer when it looked like he and the Texans were about to stab each other, but that all seems to have blown over. I think he'll have another good season and is probably being drafted in the right place. What I'm more curious about is what DeAndre Hopkins can do this year after a decent but not blow-away rookie season. Daniels leaving makes me think there might be some opportunity for Hopkins to improve his numbers.

Coaching's to blame for the lack of TDs. They insist on feeding all TDs to Foster; AJ should put up something close to 85/1200/8

I keep trying to tell you guys, new coaching and non Schaub belichickian strange redzone freeze out for AJ will mean 10 tds minimum barring injury. GUARANTEED. His ceiling is Calvin Johnson stats.

I keep trying to tell you guys, new coaching and non Schaub belichickian strange redzone freeze out for AJ will mean 10 tds minimum barring injury. GUARANTEED. His ceiling is Calvin Johnson stats.

You're telling me a guy who is 33, has Ryan Fitzpatrick as qb, and has never scored double digit td's in his entire career is suddenly going to have his best season as a pro? I find that very hard to believe.

You're telling me a guy who is 33, has Ryan Fitzpatrick as qb, and has never scored double digit td's in his entire career is suddenly going to have his best season as a pro? I find that very hard to believe.

Yeah, he is not exactly young.

D Hopkins could very well out perform AJ this season.

On a side note, I will suggest that Fitzpatrick does not start more than 8 games this season.

Take a look at Cris Carter stats

Then look at who he had for quarterbacks.

Biggest factors of what AJ is about is

1. his attitude

2. his coach (plays)

3. his qb

age is down there and is only an issue with NFL teams in consideration of his next contract. If he wants big money, it will be a short contract, is all I am saying.

Age, unless we are talking dynasty leagues here, should not be that big a factor for you.

Now is he in shape. Can he run 40 yards without beng winded. Now that is something, not necessarily age relavent, to be concerned with.

Last advice for you. Stop watching ESPN. Is total crap.