Sign in to follow this  
ROCKFORD

fellow geeks who's opinions you genuinely respect

My doctor uses web md all the time. Hes always pulling up articles anout different vitamins or terrifying diseases, and printing them out, whenever I see him. Its no different than me using google to grab blocks of generic code, whenever I work on a new enhancement. Hes a bit of a spastic though. Maybe we both suck at our jobs.

Web MD is fine for explaining medical topics in layspeak. But you wouldn’t want your doctor using it as a primary medical reference.

Like any other profession, there are a ton of on-line medical resources. There is a site called Uptodate that many health professionals use, and contains fairly in-depth information. But it requires a subscription, and is lacking when the diagnosis is more obscure. Ideally, you’d want your doc to use sites like Uptodate, read a couple of the major journals and attend at least one major conference a year. Unfortunately, few doctors adhere to this standard, especially those with busy private practices.

Web MD is fine for explaining medical topics in layspeak. But you wouldnt want your doctor using it as a primary medical reference.

Like any other profession, there are a ton of on-line medical resources. There is a site called Uptodate that many health professionals use, and contains fairly in-depth information. But it requires a subscription, and is lacking when the diagnosis is more obscure. Ideally, youd want your doc to use sites like Uptodate, read a couple of the major journals and attend at least one major conference a year. Unfortunately, few doctors adhere to this standard, especially those with busy private practices.

Ill have to wait and see what djgb13 or another real doctor has to say about this. Nothing personal.

Web MD is fine for explaining medical topics in layspeak. But you wouldnt want your doctor using it as a primary medical reference.

Like any other profession, there are a ton of on-line medical resources. There is a site called Uptodate that many health professionals use, and contains fairly in-depth information. But it requires a subscription, and is lacking when the diagnosis is more obscure. Ideally, youd want your doc to use sites like Uptodate, read a couple of the major journals and attend at least one major conference a year. Unfortunately, few doctors adhere to this standard, especially those with busy private practices.

I've always found your posts regarding medical/health issues very insightful.

I've always found your posts regarding medical/health issues very insightful.

Me too. That's why it hurts so bad after Digby exposed him.

Me too. That's why it hurts so bad after Digby exposed him.

I don't know that my opinion has changed of him. Info is still appreciated however I receive it.

My actual name is not Filthy.....we project what we want others to see.

Well at least this thread didn't get hijacked...

Youre welcome. :thumbsup:

Ill have to wait and see what djgb13 or another real doctor has to say about this. Nothing personal.

Understandable. *Real medic-like, kinda EMT, chiropractor-knowing, works in a clinic, eventually going to PA school* knowledge can’t be gained through a google search.

Understandable. *Real medic-like, kinda EMT, chiropractor-knowing, works in a clinic, eventually going to PA school* knowledge can’t be gained through a google search.

A win

He's also disabled from too many pararescue missions so he has first hand knowledge of orthopedic issues. :thumbsup:

• Like 1

He's also disabled from too many pararescue missions so he has first hand knowledge of orthopedic issues. :thumbsup:

Pararescue!!! My sides can’t take this right now, I’m gonna laugh a rib out of its socket!

The whole para prefix works for digby on so many levels.

I used to call him a paradoctor because he reminded me of the Danny Devito character in Rainmaker who couldnt pass the bar so he referred to himself as a paralawyer.

The whole para prefix works for digby on so many levels.

I used to call him a paradoctor because he reminded me of the Danny Devito character in Rainmaker who couldnt pass the bar so he referred to himself as a paralawyer.

Cmon guys, remember he’s about to be running his own clinic (despite no medical license of any kind and didn’t go to med school.), show some respect.
  • Like 1

Now that I've taken part in the 80's song draft there's a few geeks whose musical opinions are :thumbsup:

:D Also that first sentence hurt my head there are so many grammatical problems.

I am a well-rounded proffessional that who treats, and cares for patients, using a system of practices that which (1) bases treatment of physiological functions and abnormal conditions on natural laws governing the human body.

(1) editor's note: I prefer "which" here but "that" may be OK technically

Now that I've taken part in the 80's song draft there's a few geeks whose musical opinions are :thumbsup:

Same here. One guy mailed it in though. Might as well have been a k-tel compilation

Same here. One guy mailed it in though. Might as well have been a k-tel compilation

I thought we all did great. Also, I don't know what a k-tel compilation is or who mailed it in.

I thought we all did great. Also, I don't know what a k-tel compilation is or who mailed it in.

K tel was a company specializing in informercial music compilations. Think they even sold in traditional record stores but maybe not.

The sizzling 70's

Rocking 80's

I want to know who "mailed it in"

Although I have an idea - however that squad is attracting votes so Kudos.

K tel was a company specializing in informercial music compilations. Think they even sold in traditional record stores but maybe not.

The sizzling 70's

Rocking 80's

I want to know who "mailed it in"

Although I have an idea - however that squad is attracting votes so Kudos.

edjrs list is the most K tellish by far.

edjrs list is the most K tellish by far.

Agreed and he is winning the freakin bracket

Agreed and he is winning the freakin bracket

Keep in mind you are on a FF Bored overall,if you were on a site catering to music lovers the results might be quite different.

Keep in mind you are on a FF Bored overall,if you were on a site catering to music lovers the results might be quite different.

Exactly. There are some seriously sh!tty songs on some of those teams.

God, you guys are a sad bunch.

<_<

That's the charts. This song is great - see how it spent six weeks at #1!

Google: greatest hits of the '80s. Hell, I did myself the first day.

Then I could just use that as a cheatsheet and parrot the results that the site tells me fan acclaim came up with. Granted there was a lot of good ones there too but I was unhappy with what I was looking it. I took it as just suggestions. I wasn't going to sell myself out taking songs other people like because they wound up high on the poll while mine didn't.

If we were on a site catering to music lovers, it'd be segregated by genre and the voting would be bouncing around upside down and backwards depending on which site we chose. We all like what we like. I'm not sure saying any set of music lovers is any better than any other set, even when those people prefer rap or 90s music.

Who am I to judge? I just know what I like.

When I took Rush - Tom Sawyer in round three, jerry posted a comment "That's a big fock you to the charts, it topped out at 34" (or something). I didn't even know that. I didn't look. I took it because I focking love it and thought it was the best Rush song. I'm disappointed the song wasn't better received when it was released.

Thriller? Come on. No one listens to that stupid crap anymore. Beat it? Sure. A song about Monsters or zombies or whatever? Come on.

Ok, I've obviously missed some stuff.... So who is a real doc and who isn't? :unsure:

<_<

Then I could just use that as a cheatsheet and parrot the results that the site tells me fan acclaim came up with. Granted there was a lot of good ones there too but I was unhappy with what I was looking it. I took it as just suggestions. I wasn't going to sell myself out taking songs other people like because they wound up high on the poll while mine didn't.

If we were on a site catering to music lovers, it'd be segregated by genre and the voting would be bouncing around upside down and backwards depending on which site we chose. We all like what we like. I'm not sure saying any set of music lovers is any better than any other set, even when those people prefer rap or 90s music.

When I took Rush - Tom Sawyer in round three, jerry posted a comment "That's a big fock you to the charts, it topped out at 34" (or something). I didn't even know that. I didn't look. I took it because I focking love it and thought it was the best Rush song. I'm disappointed the song wasn't better received when it was released.

I didnt pay attention to the charts unless I was curious about the chart history of a song I liked.

I just relied on memory to recall those early days of watching mtv and what I liked, what I didnt and what I was listening to on 8 track or cassette at the time. I made a draft list from that and stuck to it.

As I said before, there are some sh!tty songs picked, even though they were damned popular at the time.

I respect anyone who knows how and when to utilize whose instead of who's.

May not be the first one. Have to wonder why much of this couldn't be placed in the music draft thread.

<_<

First off I did say might be different in my post.Secondly,I did not allow a chart to pick my draft,had I done that I easily would have had all #1's including some Michael Jackson and rap,which I had none because like you I took what I liked and said as much early on in the draft thread I'm choosing songs I wouldn't be ashamed to have blaring if I pulled up to a stop light with my window down.

What a bunch of pathetic, whiny, little b1tches. :lol:

When did this place turn into the curly board?

What a bunch of pathetic, whiny, little b1tches. :lol:

When did this place turn into the curly board?

One would think we were in a WCOFF draft vying for $50,000

One would think we were in a WCOFF draft vying for $50,000

Can you imagine? People did RESEARCH for a draft and didn't just wing it? :o

all I had to do was look at my music folder (right here on my work PC, have a copy on my external HDD too)

https://s10.postimg.org/3y8d1safd/Capture.jpg

That's right. 172 gigs of music. :o

Only $19.99

PLUS act now and we'll throw in this great set of steak knives.

• Like 1

PLUS act now and we'll throw in this great set of steak knives.

But thats not all. Youll also receive our bonus 2 record set - Top 10 80s hits that history wont be kind to

FOR FREE!

Only $19.99

:first:

But thats not all. Youll also receive our bonus 2 record set - Top 10 80s hits that history wont be kind to

FOR FREE!

:clap: