Sign in to follow this  
Bobbyn2022

Moncrief the real deal?

but what happens when Wayne comes back, which could be this week....they aren't gonna just bench Reggie, even if they should.

Dr. Dunkenstein is the real deal.

He will barely get any touches once Reggie comes back. Only good if TY or Reggie gets hurt.

Hope so, drafted him the 12th round in my dynasty league. But I don't think he has any real value until next year.

How does a guy with 13 targets 100 yards and a TD just get benched?

He got the chance to play more with Wayne out and he took full advantage of it. He could get 5-8 targets a game if he gets enough snaps when Wayne comes back. Same with a lot of the best offenses in the league Luck spreads it around a lot Hilton, Wayne, Bradshaw, Allen, Fleener, Nicks and now Moncrief. Hard to think he's more then a wr4 unless an injury gets him more snaps. He does have a lot of skills and potential. Hopefully they will use him over Nicks the rest of the year.

Of course he's for real... If the Colts are serious about winning the Superbowl or even a playoff game, they will need to get him involved.

Reggie is washed up. Nicks is a joke. Anyone who can't see that, isn't looking.

That said, he's a WR3 with WR2 upside for this year unless they sit Wayne for good.

Of course he's for real... If the Colts are serious about winning the Superbowl or even a playoff game, they will need to get him involved.

Reggie is washed up. Nicks is a joke. Anyone who can't see that, isn't looking.

That said, he's a WR3 with WR2 upside for this year unless they sit Wayne for good.

That's how I see it

I think Wayne stays as the underneath guy. TY is the deep threat and Moncreif is kinda the middle man. Yes he'll eat itnto Wayne's catches somewhat, but I think he will catch some more of the throws that would have went to TY. IMHO Fleener is the one who loses the most. Wayne stays at a wr3 and Hilton is more bust than boom.

I will be happy if I can pick him up off the ww this week. Wayne is getting old and fragile and nicks is putrid. This was moncriefs coming out party and looked every bit the wr that hilton needs running on the other side of him.

kind of hard to base things off one game when you're playing catch up all day

And Luck was getting rid of the ball as quick as he could because of constant pressure. Moncreif got a lot of action because he was running 5 yard crossing routes.

• Like 1

Zero chance he replaces Reggie Wayne. You guys are insane.

Respectfully, Reggie Wayne is playing with house money right now. And next year he's unrestricted. Moncrief may be a bit raw (they didn't pass a helluva lot at Ole Miss), but he's skilled and a physical freak. What's more, he's playing in a potent offense with a vastly talented up and coming young passing QB.

As a keeper league player, what more can you ask for? And for you snake drafters, HUGE sleeper in 2015.

Worth a pickup before guy's like Allen Robinson?

No... Robinson is getting 10 targets a game the last few weeks... If he's still available, grab him!

Zero chance he replaces Reggie Wayne. You guys are insane.

Reggie sucks at this point. He looks like he is running with a sack of bricks tied to him. They may not replace him, but if they want to have any chance at winning they should play Moncrief more.

Wayne and Moncrief is the secondary debate here to me. From what I've seen so far, there is no reason Moncrief should be behind Hakeem Nicks at this point in time. If we want to talk about someone running in molasses, it's Nicks.

A 3 WR look of Moncrief on the outside, and HIlton and Wayne working both outside and in the slot would be Indy's best 3 WR look going forward this season. We'll see how long it takes Pep to figure it out.

I think moncief is better then wayne but that besides the point wayne will be on one side and moncief on the other with Hilton playing the slot.

Hell of a jump shot

Who has more value the rest of the way? Bryant or Moncrief? I was thinking it might be Bryant because

1) Moncrief started in place of Wayne in one game, which was a total shootout. He could end up being pushed back in the depth chart if Wayne returns as far as WR4.

2) Bryant looks like the WR2 over Wheaton right now and has been targeted (and converted) in the red zone the last two games.

BUT

1) Moncrief has the bigger BOOM appeal due to raw talent.

2) Colts have the better QB and better offense.

Is there a clear better option here or is it more or less a flip?

Respectfully, Reggie Wayne is playing with house money right now. And next year he's unrestricted. Moncrief may be a bit raw (they didn't pass a helluva lot at Ole Miss), but he's skilled and a physical freak. What's more, he's playing in a potent offense with a vastly talented up and coming young passing QB.

As a keeper league player, what more can you ask for? And for you snake drafters, HUGE sleeper in 2015.

I hear you, but I'm just saying this isn't the year that he is gonna break out. If TY and Reggie are healthy, he will not do that much.

Moncrief is dynasty delicious, but in redraft he'll be hit or miss unless Wayne is toast. Colts run a ton of 2WR sets and don't like to change unless they really have to. I'm delighted to own him in a dynasty but look at LaFell, Bryant, etc. first in redraft. And Allen Robinson above all of them if he somehow hasn't been picked up yet!

Kid looked waaaaaay better then Nicks and Looked better then Wayne has all year.

Start Moncrief. Don't worry about Wayne he's irrelevant. Luck loves this guy. Start him and sit back and enjoy..

Pagano said he wants to get Moncrief the ball as much as possible. Just read it on playerline.

Then bench nicks

He is like charles simms to me. Probably the better player than the scrubs in front of him but untill he is able to take the starting role in 2 wide sets he is going to be scattershot. which sucks because he has the skillset to be a badasss

Reggie Wayne is a fantastic football player. But today's NFL is a young man's game. Especially at that position.