Sign in to follow this  
Mike FF Today

JuJu Smith-Schuster suspended 1 game

From ESPN...

Pittsburgh Steelers wide receiver JuJu Smith-Schuster and Cincinnati Bengals safety George Iloka were each suspended one game for hits in Monday night's game, the NFL announced Tuesday.

So I lose Juju and Mixon in one game. I dreaded that game.....wonder why?

So, one player attacking an unsuspecting player on the ground out of bounds long after the play was over is the same as hitting a player on the field during a play?

:unsure: :wacko: :blink:

I don't understand this at all. I feel like he is getting suspended for unsportsman like conduct. That hit was clean on burfict. Unlike what burfict has done to other players.

And I would not have been upset if gronkowski was suspended for the year. Dude went directly to the head in a pile drive move well after the play to a player lying on the ground facing away. And that was not fake like pro wrestling.

Surprising at this point Von Miller didn't get suspended in September for his 1st grade fake out of helping Tyrod Taylor get up that resulted in an unsportsmanlike conduct flag that played a huge role in the outcome if thd game.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.sbnation.com/platform/amp/lookit/2017/9/24/16358322/von-miller-tyrod-taylor-handshake-penalty

Pretty sure he was trying to be cool in naming Martavis Bryant.

Unbelievable.

Once again they protect the stars and now this news.

Wow so a player on the ground out of bounce gets nailed and now they suspend a player making a block during a play.

If you are a star in the NFL you can just about get away with anything.

Shame on you NFL.

Hey Merry Christmas and Happy new year. God bless

NFL has no rhym or reasons for suspensions. Mark this down as first taunting suspension in NFL history.

As they literally just made rules to let teams do exactly that in group form.

To me that would be like laying bill romanowski out. Someone who is just such a known dirty player. And to do it at such a young age? Omar Epps can say anything he wants publicly. Privately. One time. He gave the kid a pat on the back.

Here are the applicable rules:

Rule 12, Section 2, Article 7.a - "Players in a defenseless posture are:

"(10) A player who receives a blindside block when the path of the blocker is toward or parallel to his own end line."

"(B) Prohibited contact against a player who is in a defenseless posture is:

(1) forcibly hitting the defenseless players head or neck area with the helmet, facemask, forearm, or shoulder, even if

the initial contact is lower than the players neck, and regardless of whether the defensive player also uses his arms

to tackle the defenseless player by encircling or grasping him."

I still think this one was called right on the field. Penalty for the hit, penalty for the taunt, but I don't think the suspension was warranted.

And AJ Green attacks from behind to put a guy in a choke hold, throws him to the ground, and throws multiple punches at his head. No suspension. There is no consistency in any way.

And AJ Green attacks from behind to put a guy in a choke hold, throws him to the ground, and throws multiple punches at his head. No suspension. There is no consistency in any way.

Exactly

That was a real cheap shot by Jew Jew

Come on man.

You must be kidding m

That was a great block.

Just a few years ago that's a legal block.

I guess you like the ideal of Flag football.

NFL has no rhym or reasons for suspensions. Mark this down as first taunting suspension in NFL history.

As they literally just made rules to let teams do exactly that in group form.

An illegal crackback block to the head followed by that standing over the opponent taunt in a game where one of your own players is potentially paralyzed?

You're right... no reason to get the game under control.

Come on man.

You must be kidding m

That was a great block.

Just a few years ago that's a legal block.

I guess you like the ideal of Flag football.

Give me a "D".

Give me an "I".

Give me an "R".

Give me a "T"

Give me a "Y".

What does it spell, weepaws?

God bless.

An illegal crackback block to the head followed by that standing over the opponent taunt in a game where one of your own players is potentially paralyzed?

And it couldn't happen to a more burfict guy.

Yeah I think AJ Green should've gotten suspended. Ju Ju no. That was a frikkin sick block and I love that it was on Burfict. Maaaaybe a fine and penalty for taunting. Had Ju Ju just laid him out and walked away idk if he woulda gotten suspended. I agree that the inconsistency is beyond ridiculous. smh

To be burfictly honest with you, I wish he would have stolen his golden grill when he was down.

Give me a "D".

Give me an "I".

Give me an "R".

Give me a "T"

Give me a "Y".

What does it spell, weepaws?

God bless.

You just don't like rough tough football, I understand.

You would rather see qbs in skirts and heels and flags.

No problem.

It was a great block and a great hit, and I wish the NFL would allow them too play like that once again.

It's became a wuzzy game and I'm sure one that you truly enjoy.

I think the game has became so watered down that's it's became impossible too even enjoy watching a few min of highlites.

So you can have your dirty crap and wuzzy football that you like, I would rather enjoy watching football played like it was once played like.

Now I will wait for your apology.

God Bless.

And good day too you, and once again I say good day.

Yes penalty for taunting but suspension?

No suspension should have ever been given for taunting.

Look, I think the hit did tread close to the line. I agree the taunting pushed him over it. the two combined do deserve a 1 game suspension.

I have no doubt of that.

The incident (as a whole) led to another dirty hit in the endzone that may well have been retaliatory.

the right move was to suspend both players for 1 game and that was exactly what happened.

I have been extremely critical of Goodell on other issues (specifically with Zeke) so I feel I need to speak up when the right call was made. In this case that is how I feel. It is a minimal suspension, but it is one that definitely sends a message that this type of thing is not acceptable.

I support the decision.

The hit wasn't helmet to helmet.

When I played football, one of the first things taught was too keep your head on a swivel.

The def player didn't and it was a clean block.

Dang NFL wants too ruin this great game.

I'm telling you flag football is right about the corner, and for some of you that would be a good thing.

I say go watch baseball of that's indeed you.

The hit wasn't helmet to helmet.

When I played football, one of the first things taught was too keep your head on a swivel.

The def player didn't and it was a clean block.

Dang NFL wants too ruin this great game.

I'm telling you flag football is right about the corner, and for some of you that would be a good thing.

I say go watch baseball of that's indeed you.

Watch the play again after reading the actual rule that was cited. It was a penalty and so was the taunting. Text book calls on both of them.

Now the Bengals DB that clearly hit Brown helmet to helmet won't miss any playing time.

Yeah it's a joke.

Shame on you NFL m

Watch the play again after reading the actual rule that was cited. It was a penalty and so was the taunting. Text book calls on both of them.

Awfull call.

No penalty should have been given.

That was a great block.

Now the Bengals DB that clearly hit Brown helmet to helmet won't miss any playing time.

Yeah it's a joke.

Shame on you NFL m

Brown should have faked being knocked out. Then they would have suspended him.

The message from the NFL is clear.

It's ok too take a flying leap and nail a player with the helmet.

But it's not ok too make a block on a player who's not paying attention.

Oh yeah the NFL is truly concern about safety.

• Like 1

The problem with Iloka's suspension was that there were at least a half dozen players who did the exact same thing who only got fines. With JuJu, he added the taunting to give them an excuse to uphold the suspension.

Brown should have faked being knocked out. Then they would have suspended him.

Remember when everyone said Brown faked it when Burfict hit him in the playoffs? AB sat the next week in a close loss to Denver, who went on to win SB50. Ah, the good ole days when my Broncos were relevant.

Pretty sure he was trying to be cool in naming Martavis Bryant.

Not really being cool, it was pretty obvious I meant Bryant. Patriots dont even play Sunday night.

I've watched the JuJu/Burfict replay about a dozen times, and even as a Steelers fan the worst I can say is that it was "borderline".

Ross TuckerVerified account @RossTuckerNFL
FollowFollow @RossTuckerNFL
More

JuJu Smith-Schuster hit on Burfict was about 6 inches too high from being a legal (and necessary to the play) block. This uproar & suspension talk is nonsense.

That's Ross Tucker, announcer, analyst and former player. JuJu led with the right shoulder into the chest of Burfict and had his head sideways, but the bottom of Burficts helmet and top of JuJu's contacted. There is no FOCKING way that hit that occurred during the course of a play should be penalized the same as what Gronk did. It's just not fair. I'm not saying JuJu didn't deserve a suspension, because maybe he did. But I'm saying Gronk should be 2-3 games for hitting a player in the back of the head who was face down after whistle blew. Then to make matters worse, they do away with Iloka's suspension for a clear helmet to helmet shot. That's the NFL's problem...consistency. Goodell is a fockstick of the highest order.

You just don't like rough tough football, I understand.

You would rather see qbs in skirts and heels and flags.

No problem.

It was a great block and a great hit, and I wish the NFL would allow them too play like that once again.

It's became a wuzzy game and I'm sure one that you truly enjoy.

I think the game has became so watered down that's it's became impossible too even enjoy watching a few min of highlites.

So you can have your dirty crap and wuzzy football that you like, I would rather enjoy watching football played like it was once played like.

Now I will wait for your apology.

God Bless.

And good day too you, and once again I say good day.

Dirty hits never made the game great.

Now take your head out of your ass.

Yes penalty for taunting but suspension?

I think Evans deserved his suspension a few weeks back. Gronk deserved his suspension. The "fighters" who didn't get ejected (like Green) deserved their suspensions.

In the context of the Bengals/Steelers game, which was out of control, suspensions may be warranted to get things under control.

Had that play not occurred within the ugly picture that was Monday night, I think Juju gets fined but not suspended.

Dirty hits never made the game great.

Now take your head out of your ass.

Nothing dirty about that hit.

You kids just don't know what football use to be like.