Sign in to follow this  
mmmmm...beer

Do I want a car payment again?

I will never buy a European car again. Way too expensive to fix.

They're nice, but you can get other luxury brands that are much more economical. Infiniti, Acura, Lexus, etc.

I am very sold on my car's brand. The 11 hard winters on my last one sealed it for me.

Goto a real dealership not a used car one. Wait til Labor Day if you can. That 19-31 mpg screens bs to me anyways

I'm getting myself a GMC Terrain in a couple months can still find new 2016 if I look and payment is only 400 and I get 75k miles of protection

For yourself or the wife? Wondering because I was told on here and by other people it's a chick car. Personally I like the look a lot.

The body and interior of Chrysler cars (and most American ones) just don't seem to last. I probably wouldn't buy a 4 year old American vehicle unless it was a truck.

For yourself or the wife? Wondering because I was told on here and by other people it's a chick car. Personally I like the look a lot.

I was kinda led to believe the Terrain was the chick car and the Acadia was the family crossover. But who really cares? Hell I thought about getting a RAV4 because the deal was so good

my real answer is= wait until your next trip to europe and do a euro-delivery for either bmw, benz, or audi

Wost advice evah. You should be ashamed at yourself for suggesting it. :nono:

Just a name at that price.

Acura, Lexus, and infinity are also not very luxurious, but at least they are Honda, Toyota, and Nissan.

They aren't? :wacko:

Not trying to be a dik here, but I drive all makes and models on a daily basis and I can honestly say that Acura, Lexus and Infinity are every bit as luxurious as their euro trash counterparts in the same price range.

Much better, imo.

Stay away from BMW, Mercedes, Audi and VW at all costs.

There is a reason why they are so inexpensive used.

Not trying to be a dik here, but I drive all makes and models on a daily basis and I can honestly say that Acura, Lexus and Infinity are every bit as luxurious as their euro trash counterparts in the same price range.

Much better, imo.

My wife has an Acura MDX, and I would not call it a luxurious vehicle. A domestic vehicle has more luxury options, of course they all break in the first few years.

My wife has an Acura MDX, and I would not call it a luxurious vehicle. A domestic vehicle has more luxury options, of course they all break in the first few years.

I test drove an MDX 6 months ago and it was fairly luxurious. Not top of the line but that's why you can get em new for 45k :dunno:

Wost advice evah. You should be ashamed at yourself for suggesting it. :nono:

Much better, imo.

that's a broad brush you have there. if you have a few year, make, model to avoid sure.

that's a broad brush you have there. if you have a few year, make, model to avoid sure.

A very experienced broad brush :wave:

I test drove an MDX 6 months ago and it was fairly luxurious. Not top of the line but that's why you can get em new for 45k :dunno:

Ours is almost 10 years old already, we bought it a couple years ago and it was 7 years old at time of purchase. I am sure the new ones are better, but also the new toyota's and honda's are also probably better than the ones 10 years ago.

I still think the Acura's do not have as much standard features as some cheap domestic models.

I still think the Acura's do not have as much standard features as some cheap domestic models.

We'll just have to agree to disagree, then. :cheers:

I love my free and clear car :banana:

You seem to constantly need help making financial decisions. Or maybe it's all just a look at me look at me thing. I suggest you get a financial advisor or grow a pair of balls. HTH. :cheers:

• Like 1

You seem to constantly need help making financial decisions. Or maybe it's all just a look at me look at me thing. I suggest you get a financial advisor or grow a pair of balls. HTH. :cheers:

Or it's just fun to bounce sh!t off the gents here. There is a sh!t ton of life experience here focker. Why not here some ideas and opinions not my own?

Or should we talk about Trump, the russians, welfare, thugs/cops, and healthcare some more?

What constitutes "luxury" anyway? Up until a few years ago, any car over ~$30K had leather interiors with wood trim, auto windows, rear view camera, decent stereo, ABS/traction control, GPS etc. Only in the last few years have things like collision avoidance, auto-park/pilot and internet connectivity come into vogue.

Much better, imo.

Alrighty then Mo.. give some perspective from a full time grease monkey.

What's a good mid-sized sedan that you don't see break down much and the non-engine sh!t doesn't fall apart quickly? :huh:

Luxery-ish would be nice if there is something that falls into that category that won't break the bank used.

2013 or newer...

myself, I just bought my wife a Limited Flex, Red with all black trim.

I love the way the Terrain looks, has Wi-fi as well, and the seats are super sleek

I like the square SUV's more though, the round ones look like van's to me

add in 26-32 mpg and I think its a great car, dont care if people think its a chick car. They have good deals on 2016's right now if you look

What constitutes "luxury" anyway? Up until a few years ago, any car over ~$30K had leather interiors with wood trim, auto windows, rear view camera, decent stereo, ABS/traction control, GPS etc. Only in the last few years have things like collision avoidance, auto-park/pilot and internet connectivity come into vogue.

Comfort, mainly. Leather, heated seats, more climate zones and all that crap. But it's not just obvious features. It's stuff like better soundproofing for a much quieter ride and better suspension for a smoother experience.

Same my wife has a '16 mdx and it's pretty nice. BMW and Mercedes have their own interior design language, but quality wise it's pretty good. I think my 09 TL is actually a bit more luxurious, and I prefer some buttons over all touchscreen, but they overdesigned that model and released it right into a recession.

What's a good mid-sized sedan that you don't see break down much and the non-engine sh!t doesn't fall apart quickly? :huh:

Luxery-ish would be nice if there is something that falls into that category that won't break the bank used.

2013 or newer...

Toyota, Lexus, Honda, Acura

• Like 1

2013 or newer...

I'd suggest you take a look at the Hyundai Genesis, friend of mine got a '15 that has he redesigned front and rear end, it's really nice. I'd get the Korean wing badges on it instead of the crooked H, I think his came that way. Big, nice and seems like it'd be reliable

or Lexus, Acura, Toyota, Honda??

I agree btw

It's no secret that Jap cars are the most reliable, but they've raised the bar enough that US makers have been forced to up their game in the past 20 years.

When I was growing up, getting to 100K miles in an American car was a major milestone. Once you reached the 60-70K range, you were living on borrowed time. That's no longer the case. 169K on a T&C isn't the best, but it's not bad for a loaded and leathered minivan.

I'm sure you'll say the Odyssey is a better choice, and you'd be right, but it's not nearly as comfortable. Especially for someone over 6' tall.

We owned an Odyssey once and the seat and foot positioning were so uncomfortable that I couldn't stand to drive it more than a few miles at a time. Our T&C is much more comfortable.

I do think the 4Runner and it's Lexus equivalent are standouts in the SUV category.

For my money, the loaded up Maxima I had was the best car I ever owned. But it's just wasn't all that useful as a family vehicle.

It's no secret that Jap cars are the most reliable, but they've raised the bar enough that US makers have been forced to up their game in the past 20 years.

When I was growing up, getting to 100K miles in an American car was a major milestone. Once you reached the 60-70K range, you were living on borrowed time. That's no longer the case. 169K on a T&C isn't the best, but it's not bad for a loaded and leathered minivan.

I'm sure you'll say the Odyssey is a better choice, and you'd be right, but it's not nearly as comfortable. Especially for someone over 6' tall.

We owned an Odyssey once and the seat and foot positioning were so uncomfortable that I couldn't stand to drive it more than a few miles at a time. Our T&C is much more comfortable.

I do think the 4Runner and it's Lexus equivalent are standouts in the SUV category.

For my money, the loaded up Maxima I had was the best car I ever owned. But it's just wasn't all that useful as a family vehicle.

Most of the American entry level cars still seem to be throwaways by 90k. (Or at least spending more money than the car is worth to keep it on the road for the 150K + it should last)

Same with VW, Fiat and Mini (BMW).

Most of the American entry level cars still seem to be throwaways by 90k. (Or at least spending more money than the car is worth to keep it on the road for the 150K + it should last)

Same with VW, Fiat and Mini (BMW).

I'll trust your judgement on that. I really don't know much about the Ford Focus, and Chevy Cruze range of cars.

I'd be interested to get your opinions on the 2002 Suburban mini restoration project I'm working on. I've got about $4500 in it now after replacing all brake and fuel lines. Having the AC looked at by a 2nd mechanic Tuesday since I'm $500 into it with the first guy and it's still not fixed.

I know the book value isn't real high but I'm looking to take this thing near the 300K mile mark.

So far, I love the ride, the handling and both the interior and cargo room.

I'm hoping a few grand vs $60K for a new one ends up being a good choice.

I'll trust your judgement on that. I really don't know much about the Ford Focus, and Chevy Cruze range of cars.

I'd be interested to get your opinions on the 2002 Suburban mini restoration project I'm working on. I've got about $4500 in it now after replacing all brake and fuel lines. Having the AC looked at by a 2nd mechanic Tuesday since I'm $500 into it with the first guy and it's still not fixed.

I know the book value isn't real high but I'm looking to take this thing near the 300K mile mark.

So far, I love the ride, the handling and both the interior and cargo room.

I'm hoping a few grand vs $60K for a new one ends up being a good choice.

Does it have the 5.3?

Fairly reliable engines depending on which heads they put on at the factory :thumbsup:

Any A/C questions, I'm your man :banana:

I'll hit you up on PM

Does it have the 5.3?

Fairly reliable engines depending on which heads they put on at the factory :thumbsup:

Any A/C questions, I'm your man :banana:

I'll hit you up on PM

Yes. The 5.3.

I'll pull the mechanic's AC bill out tomorrow and answer your PM with what's been done so far.

You da man.

Alrighty the Sux... took your advice and went with the Toyota Camery. Found one a good amount below book for its years ,miles, and, trim (love that word).

http://www.luxurysportautos.com/detail-2016-toyota-camry-4dr_sedan_i4_automatic_xle-used-17081148.html

Got it for $18,5.. I think it books around 20..

Also found out a first for me... finally broke into the 800's for the ol credit score! :thumbsup:

Sure it's 801 but still! :lol:

So the wife got her commuter and the boy probably got his car 5 years hence.

Also.. does anyone want to buy a 2005 Chrysler T&C Touring Edition with about 171k miles, heated leather seats, and a possibly tranny thats going? You realky can't tell mostly!

Dealer wanted to give me $200.... dollars... haha.. should be able to craigslist it for 1000-1500.

Also.. does anyone want to buy a 2005 Chrysler T&C Touring Edition with about 171k miles, heated leather seats, and a possibly tranny thats going? You realky can't tell mostly!

Dealer wanted to give me $200.... dollars... haha.. should be able to craigslist it for 1000-1500.

If it includes a tranny, then edjr is probably all over that purchase. :dunno:

I pay 270 for a monthly train pass :wall: