Sign in to follow this  
BunnysBastatrds

Does Your Wifey Take Zanax

My friends wife does and she is like a zombie. He doesn't even notice. Or denial.

Take heed young Bunny.

My ex wife started on the Xanax....then graduated up to Lunesta, Cymbalta and all the other meds. It was sad to see how she deteriorated as a person in a few short years.

Does drano count?

My wife is not 'that' crazy, yet. :unsure:

My mother in law takes all that crap. She has no real association with reality at this point

They're awesome after about 2 or 3 beers

Same goes for every "prescription"

Adderall is kinda lame. Add a few cocktails and weeeeeeeeeeeeee

I hope mine never does... but it's a curse for women, lemme' 'splain.

See, the female is the smaller, physically weaker of the sexes but evolution has equipped her with a unique set of skills and senses for survival - skills and senses that males simply don't have. Call it "womens' intuition" or whatever, but the simple fact is that women are more attuned to their environment and surroundings than men - women notice, see, smell, hear, observe much more than any man - and it's not their fault, it's part of the package that evolution has equipped them with for survival. A man has forward tunnel vision with the size/strength/smarts for fight head on; a woman has perception and intuition so that she can sense the danger and avoid it.

But in today's fast-paced, over-stimulated world this heightened perception and intuition is being bombarded on a daily basis and it make women crazy - it's like a thousand voices/smells/sounds/etc going off in their haids and they can't turn it off. Men can ignore anything and everything until it's in front of them and they either fock it, kill it, or piss on it- - women not-so-much. The crazy world we live in and women's heightened awareness are a recipe for insanity.

• Like 1

I hope mine never does... but it's a curse for women, lemme' 'splain.

See, the female is the smaller, physically weaker of the sexes but evolution has equipped her with a unique set of skills and senses for survival - skills and senses that males simply don't have. Call it "womens' intuition" or whatever, but the simple fact is that women are more attuned to their environment and surroundings than men - women notice, see, smell, hear, observe much more than any man - and it's not their fault, it's part of the package that evolution has equipped them with for survival. A man has forward tunnel vision with the size/strength/smarts for fight head on; a woman has perception and intuition so that she can sense the danger and avoid it.

But in today's fast-paced, over-stimulated world this heightened perception and intuition is being bombarded on a daily basis and it make women crazy - it's like a thousand voices/smells/sounds/etc going off in their haids and they can't turn it off. Men can ignore anything and everything until it's in front of them and they either fock it, kill it, or piss on it- - women not-so-much. The crazy world we live in and women's heightened awareness are a recipe for insanity.

I usually :wub: you... but this might be the stupidest thing you have ever typed.

If women tend to go crazy in middle age I'd say it's more hormone related than anything else. And don't think men don't go through their own particular brand of crazy as they age, either.

so your herpes drugs give you a buzz when taken with alcohol?

I dont have any meds, no prescriptions for me.

If I need them, I know where to look.

I usually :wub: you... but this might be the stupidest thing you have ever typed.

If women tend to go crazy in middle age I'd say it's more hormone related than anything else. And don't think men don't go through their own particular brand of crazy as they age, either.

we're all crazy - the key to happiness is finding a partner who's "crazy" matches your own - this goes for men and women.

Not sure why you take such offense at my post, it isn't meant as a dig at women - in fact, I'd argue that their perception and awareness makes them better in many leadership and management roles - because in addition to skills they bring to the table, they tend to be less aggressive and anger driven, a flaw with many men, especially those with power.

:dunno: this is a generalization, but I believe in women's intuition. I believe that women are far more observant and attuned to their environments and surroundings than men. And like all things, it's a blessing and a curse, as is true for all of us, your greatest strength is often also your greatest weakness.

I dont have any meds, no prescriptions for me.

If I need them, I know where to look.

Although my ex that I was getting them from is now pregs and doesnt get them currently.

He was being intentionally silly, though anxiety disorders (which Xanax is used to treat) are more common in women:

Facts

Generalized Anxiety Disorder (GAD)

GAD affects 6.8 million adults, or 3.1% of the U.S. population.

Women are twice as likely to be affected as men.

Panic Disorder

6 million, 2.7%

Very high comorbidity rate with major depression.

Social Anxiety Disorder

15 million, 6.8%

Equally common among men and women, typically beginning around age 13.

According to a 2007 ADAA survey, 36% of people with social anxiety disorder report experiencing symptoms for 10 or more years before seeking help.

Specific Phobias

19 million, 8.7%

Typically begins in childhood; the median age of onset is 7.

Obsessive-compulsive disorder (OCD) and posttraumatic stress disorder (PTSD) are closely related to anxiety disorders, which some may experience at the same time, along with depression.

Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD)

2.2 million, 1.0%

Equally common among men and women.

The median age of onset is 19, with 25 percent of cases occurring by age 14. One-third of affected adults first experienced symptoms in childhood.

Posttraumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)

7.7 million, 3.5%

Women are more likely to be affected than men.

Rape is the most likely trigger of PTSD: 65% of men and 45.9% of women who are raped will develop the disorder.

Childhood sexual abuse is a strong predictor of lifetime likelihood for developing PTSD.

Major Depressive Disorder

The leading cause of disability in the U.S. for ages 15 to 44.3

Affects approximately 14.8 million American adults, or about 6.7 percent of the U.S. population age 18 and older in a given year.

While major depressive disorder can develop at any age, the median age at onset is 32.5

More prevalent in women than in men.

Then again, none of them are real diseases anyhow, and the meds are all forced on patients by the psychopharmaceutical industrial complex.

Recently, I have developed a pretty bad anxiety problem. Like I get tight in the chest, racy heart, sweaty, panic attack kind of feeling for no good reason.

The doctor thought I should see a cardiologist first. I did all the stupid tests, and my heart is fine. So they decided it must be a crazy thing.

They gave me a prescription for Xanax. The next day, I had to work (restaraunt on a busy weekend day.) I popped a Xanax, thinking nothing of it.

Boys, I've done my share of drinking and pot smoking in my day, but that sh!t focked me up! I was visibly wobbling, slightly slurring, and just visibly not right. My employees even asked if I was ok, and they are all always pilled up.

I never took another of those fockers. I flat did not like how it made me feel. I've been taking Ativan instead, and it just makes me a little drowsy sometimes.

I see the shrink thursday. Hopefully a more permanent solution is found.

Recently, I have developed a pretty bad anxiety problem. Like I get tight in the chest, racy heart, sweaty, panic attack kind of feeling for no good reason.

The doctor thought I should see a cardiologist first. I did all the stupid tests, and my heart is fine. So they decided it must be a crazy thing.

They gave me a prescription for Xanax. The next day, I had to work (restaraunt on a busy weekend day.) I popped a Xanax, thinking nothing of it.

Boys, I've done my share of drinking and pot smoking in my day, but that sh!t focked me up! I was visibly wobbling, slightly slurring, and just visibly not right. My employees even asked if I was ok, and they are all always pilled up.

I never took another of those fockers. I flat did not like how it made me feel. I've been taking Ativan instead, and it just makes me a little drowsy sometimes.

Be careful that he doesn't commit you - there is a rash of that lately, and the government is in on it.

Be careful that he doesn't commit you - there is a rash of that lately, and the government is in on it.

You mean I could go hang out in a nice hospital and take drugs and not have to go to work or deal with my wife?

Sign me up.

You mean I could go hang out in a nice hospital and take drugs and not have to go to work or deal with my wife?

Sign me up.

You can also meet a lot of really intelligent people there. I'm talking Ivy League research level.

we're all crazy - the key to happiness is finding a partner who's "crazy" matches your own - this goes for men and women.

Not sure why you take such offense at my post, it isn't meant as a dig at women - in fact, I'd argue that their perception and awareness makes them better in many leadership and management roles - because in addition to skills they bring to the table, they tend to be less aggressive and anger driven, a flaw with many men, especially those with power.

:dunno: this is a generalization, but I believe in women's intuition. I believe that women are far more observant and attuned to their environments and surroundings than men. And like all things, it's a blessing and a curse, as is true for all of us, your greatest strength is often also your greatest weakness.

I didn't take offense... Maybe I should have said "silly" instead of "stupid".

While I agree that women are much more perceptive and aware than men, I don't think it has anything to do with why some women develop the need to "sedate" themselves, later in life. More likely it's fluctuating hormones.

Or the fact that as men get older, they tend to get grumpy and crotchety. Who wouldn't need to sedate themselves to deal with that? :P

While I agree that women are much more perceptive and aware than men, I don't think it has anything to do with why some women develop the need to "sedate" themselves, later in life. More likely it's fluctuating hormones.

Or the fact that as men get older, they tend to get grumpy and crotchety. Who wouldn't need to sedate themselves to deal with that? :P

I think it goes like this...

Men are generally much better at compartmenatlizing (sp?). By which I mean that we can jump between being "work guy" and "family guy" and "guy who bangs hookers and does coke" guy better than most women can. We are also, generally, better at letting problems that we have little or no control over just happen... let the chips fall where they may if you will.

Women, perhaps because they tend to be more social and perceptive in that realm, have trouble letting things go and borrow trouble a lot.

Just my dime store psychology.

Or, women are more likely to seek medical care, period.

Not really.

But she takes the cack like a champ!

My mother in law takes all that crap. She has no real association with reality at this point

does this mean phsyc meds are a bad thing

does this mean phsyc meds are a bad thing

I don't really know what you're getting at here, but I'm sure it's completely focking retarded :first:

Take heed young Bunny.

My ex wife started on the Xanax....then graduated up to Lunesta, Cymbalta and all the other meds. It was sad to see how she deteriorated as a person in a few short years.

She takes it maybe five times a year. Usually a result of her and me fighting or her family. I have no idea why she did it last night. Was just wonering if anybody else takes them and do they work..

She takes it maybe five times a year. Usually a result of her and me fighting or her family. I have no idea why she did it last night. Was just wonering if anybody else takes them and do they work..

They work as sedatives, but are addictive and not recommended for episodic stress, except maybe panic attacks. There are less addictive options if she has an anxiety spectrum disorder.

Xanax is a benzo. Just like Valium, etc. It's not meant to used before work. It's something you take if you're either experiencing a panic attack, or going into a situation that might trigger a panic attack (planes, loud places).

If you have general anxiety, you would be better off with an SSRI. Ofcourse, that will make your flacid though.

5 times a year is ok. Mine started popping them like candy everytime she was having a bad day. Then she became down all the time so they prescribed her some "uppers" to get her back to an even level. I guess the good thing is that u know when she takes them. It's when u dont know and it becomes more frequent is when the panicking on your end should start.

He was being intentionally silly, though anxiety disorders (which Xanax is used to treat) are more common in women:

Then again, none of them are real diseases anyhow, and the meds are all forced on patients by the psychopharmaceutical industrial complex.

pen, how does a person increase the number of receptors that uptake dopamine or seratonin instead of just increasing or changing the drugs to satiate the receptors they have that are in decline? in a study of obese people, it wasn't the amount of leptin that was the problem, it was the amount of leptin receptors that made a person lose weight and keep it off. they increased the leptin receptors through anaerobic exercise and fasting. wouldn't there be a correlation of the same chemicals? wouldn't some strenuous exercise, not jogging, and some moderate fasting increase the receptors that make the happy or contented feelings? good behaviors bring about good feelings....feelings don't change behaviors.

pen, how does a person increase the number of receptors that uptake dopamine or seratonin instead of just increasing or changing the drugs to satiate the receptors they have that are in decline? in a study of obese people, it wasn't the amount of leptin that was the problem, it was the amount of leptin receptors that made a person lose weight and keep it off. they increased the leptin receptors through anaerobic exercise and fasting. wouldn't there be a correlation of the same chemicals? wouldn't some strenuous exercise, not jogging, and some moderate fasting increase the receptors that make the happy or contented feelings? good behaviors bring about good feelings....feelings don't change behaviors.

Dunno. Some drugs cause upregulation of biologic receptors, but not neuroleptics or SSRIs as far as I know - but I've never researched this topic specifically. Exercise causes release of endorphins and decreases "stress hormones" such as cortisol and adrenalin. But it doesn't alter neurotransmitter receptors, though I've never researched this topic either.